OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Wow! Lots of cool new pics and characters. I really dig the interactions with so many varying franchises (E-Va is awesome in that shot). Your latest batch with the new female character and backgrounds is really impressive. Great stuff.

BAMComix

Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! Lots of cool new pics and characters. I really dig the interactions with so many varying franchises (E-Va is awesome in that shot). Your latest batch with the new female character and backgrounds is really impressive. Great stuff.

Thank you! I do enjoy mixing stuff up, mainly because I don't have enough of just one franchise, but it can get so interesting results bounce bounce . I'm so pleased you like my created Star Wars characters. You know, I think once Star Wars gets in your blood, especially as a kid, it never truly leaves you does it? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I cannot take full credit for the pics as londonroadhog did all the photoshop work Very Happy

Stryker2011

Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:You know, I think once Star Wars gets in your blood, especially as a kid, it never truly leaves you does it? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I cannot take full credit for the pics as londonroadhog did all the photoshop work Very Happy

I agree. I saw the first Star Wars movie when I was around 11, I think, over 26 times in the theatre (tickets were .50 cents for kids — so my mom gave me and my brother each $2.00 to buy food and tickets, and you could actually sit in the theatre for repeat viewings without having to pay again; cheap way to get us out of her hair). Anyway, yeah, I’ve been a fan of the OT for awhile. I got turned off of SW for over a decade due to how much I disliked the prequels, but Hot Toys sucked me back in — but truthfully, I have more Sideshow stuff, and some customs, more than I have HT. My love of this hobby is what drew me back to Star Wars.

As far as your pics, yes, it’s awesome that londonraodhog helped significantly with your new photos, and it’s only right that you share the credit, but don’t sell yourself short — she’s an interesting looking character, and the backgrounds help to enhance her. I have a new SW character myself, but I’m not sure if she’s completely finished — still trying to figure what else I can add to her since she’s a bounty hunter, or if anything else is even necessary.

BAMComix

Stryker2011 wrote:
BAMComix wrote:You know, I think once Star Wars gets in your blood, especially as a kid, it never truly leaves you does it? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I agree. I saw the first Star Wars movie when I was around 11, I think, over 26 times in the theatre (tickets were .50 cents for kids — so my mom gave me and my brother each $2.00 to buy food and tickets, and you could actually sit in the theatre for repeat viewings without having to pay again; cheap way to get us out of her hair). Anyway, yeah, I’ve been a fan of the OT for awhile. I got turned off of SW for over a decade due to how much I disliked the prequels, but Hot Toys sucked me back in — but truthfully, I have more Sideshow stuff, and some customs, more than I have HT. My love of this hobby is what drew me back to Star Wars.

As far as your pics, yes, it’s awesome that londonraodhog helped significantly with your new photos, and it’s only right that you share the credit, but don’t sell yourself short — she’s an interesting looking character, and the backgrounds help to enhance her. I have a new SW character myself, but I’m not sure if she’s completely finished — still trying to figure what else I can add to her since she’s a bounty hunter, or if anything else is even necessary.

I must admit, I wasn't over pleased with the prequels either at first, but compared to the last three they did, they aren't that bad now lol! . I have t say,, I think someone else mentioned it the other day, the Faloni/Favreau stuff has really put SW back on the map. I loved the clone wars and I am really enjoying the Mandalorian cheers . I think that has helped me with my SW bashes having the freedom to create something new Very Happy .
I was a little younger than yourself when I first saw Star Wars, I was five and it left a lasting impression Laughing . I also saw it many times at the cinema, along with the other two as they came out.
I am so pleased that you like Sav, I have been looking things up about the Star Wars universe as well as scouring old comics and books for references to make her a believable back story. Hopefully I will have something to share soon.
Dave, a good friend has suggested that maybe she needs some goggles and maybe a head scarf? so I have been looking on ebay to see what I can find bounce bounce .
I am still scouring the forum for your posts, I have found a few, like Jabba's Palace and some of your bashes, but like Ammo (which is also run by forumotion) it isn't always easy to track them down. If possible, could you post a few links here? that would be awesome!
bounce bounce bounce bounce

I shall also look forward too seeing your new character! bounce bounce

BAMComix

BAMComix
Here are a few more pics of my Jedi Sav. Also my mate Chip got me this really cool Terminator skull, so I figured...,

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 51100865036_f0383c1a1e_cWhat is it? by Dal Lee, on Flickr

"What is that thing?" asked Ta-Shia, slightly confused.
"I have no idea, but I sense great evil from it" replied Sav.

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 51101348651_7b00bfa7f6_cJedi at rest by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 51102265935_3f14cba69d_cJedi on the move by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 51100900606_e29a9562ed_cNever corner a jedi (2) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 51101705800_d6ebf1400b_cNever corner a Jedi! (1) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Digital editing (light sabres done by Colin Foyle).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another excellent demonstration of your lush, verdant diorama-building. Is she being approached by a terminator? We know how poorly robots perform against Jedi, so I'm not too worried about her. Now clones... Wink

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Another excellent demonstration of your lush, verdant diorama-building. Is she being approached by a terminator? We know how poorly robots perform against Jedi, so I'm not too worried about her. Now clones... Wink

Thank you so much Ian, really pleased you liked the background. In this shot I used the brown paper method to make the mountainside. It's a simple yet effective way to create the look. All you need is brown paper (best results from large potato bags). All you do is continually screw it up and flatten it out. As time goes by, it looks better and better. In fact the older it gets, the better it looks. I used drawing pins (thumb tacs, I think there called in the U.S?) to pin it to a board.

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 DSC00088

Very Happy I think Sav would have been okay against a Terminator, but as you say Clones, could be a problem lol!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m pretty sure that’s the same rock technique they used on Star Trek TOS and Lost In Space. Very Happy

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m pretty sure that’s the same rock technique they used on Star Trek TOS and Lost In Space. Very Happy

lol! lol! lol! You could be right lol! lol! lol!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Who needs messy carving of bulky pieces of foam core when Dal can do it with brown paper and thumb tacks (you were right, that's what we call them here... or also push pins)? Very nicely done, Dal.

Along the same lines, but with less convincing results, I usually use some sack cloth with a few randomly placed bits of flattened cottonballs under it to simulate sand. Because sand loves to attach to TBLeague flesh, and the feeling is not mutual. Wink I learned the hard way with kinetic sand I used in my very amply illustrated M35 review: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t247-tbleague-phicen-m35-updated-photo-heavy

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Who needs messy carving of bulky pieces of foam core when Dal can do it with brown paper and thumb tacks (you were right, that's what we call them here... or also push pins)? Very nicely done, Dal.

Along the same lines, but with less convincing results, I usually use some sack cloth with a few randomly placed bits of flattened cottonballs under it to simulate sand. Because sand loves to attach to TBLeague flesh, and the feeling is not mutual. Wink I learned the hard way with kinetic sand I used in my very amply illustrated M35 review: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t247-tbleague-phicen-m35-updated-photo-heavy

Thank you! I works better if you have some greenery to drape across it, but it is handy for covering large areas. The cloth sounds like a cool idea, and one I haven't tried, might have to try that bounce bounce bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Thank you! I works better if you have some greenery to drape across it, but it is handy for covering large areas. The cloth sounds like a cool idea, and one I haven't tried, might have to try that bounce bounce bounce

Well, yes, of course one has to keep in mind the edges and how to cover them up, if necessary. The cloth is a basic approach, and it makes a difference how tightly it is sewn together (thread count?) -- although with some luck it won't be too apparent. Using a towel was less convincing... as I discovered when reaching for one in a hurry. Smile

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:
BAMComix wrote:Thank you! I works better if you have some greenery to drape across it, but it is handy for covering large areas. The cloth sounds like a cool idea, and one I haven't tried, might have to try that bounce bounce bounce

Well, yes, of course one has to keep in mind the edges and how to cover them up, if necessary. The cloth is a basic approach, and it makes a difference how tightly it is sewn together (thread count?) -- although with some luck it won't be too apparent. Using a towel was less convincing... as I discovered when reaching for one in a hurry. Smile

uh oh! sewing, that's me out then Sad , I can't sew to save my life, the only thing I end end up sewing together is my fingers lol! lol! lol!
I am eager to try this method tho, but I will probably fold and see how it looks cheers cheers cheers

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:uh oh! sewing, that's me out then Sad , I can't sew to save my life, the only thing I end end up sewing together is my fingers lol! lol! lol!
I am eager to try this method tho, but I will probably fold and see how it looks cheers cheers cheers

LOL LOL no, no, I meant the "resolution" of the fabric. Sorry. No sewing required!

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:
BAMComix wrote:uh oh! sewing, that's me out then Sad , I can't sew to save my life, the only thing I end end up sewing together is my fingers lol! lol! lol!

LOL LOL no, no, I meant the "resolution" of the fabric. Sorry. No sewing required!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Phew! that's me back in then bounce bounce bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good. Sorry about the misunderstanding. You can see both the sack cloth and the towel (I think) among the photos I posted in the Help wanted with digital backdrops thread.

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Good. Sorry about the misunderstanding. You can see both the sack cloth and the towel (I think) among the photos I posted in the Help wanted with digital backdrops thread.

I have been checking those shot out Very Happy . Lots of great shots there bounce bounce bounce

BAMComix

BAMComix
been playing with the Star Wars ideas again, This time I decided to have a go at creating a couple of X-Wing pilots. I used the Hasbro uniforms and parts, and I am very happy with the results. The second X-Wing pilot is still a work in progress as I borrowed my Dalek Sec figure to make him. He will probably stay in the uniform until I pick up an actual Star Wars Character head.
The main focus of the pics will be my female pilot, Jade 'Kash' Orin. I like the idea of her being a gambling, wheeler dealer type character.

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 51106983243_bbd9def54a_cCamp fire tales (1) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 51106827239_9ed47d5734_cCamp fire tales (2) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 51107862415_00fbcb0ed5_cX-Wing Pilots by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 51107108051_ff05d2cc9c_cJade 'Kash' Orin (1) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 51106530337_d5b5d5023b_cJade 'Kash' Orin (2) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 51106846704_6a8e0ba34e_cJade 'Kash' Orin (3) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 51107104171_c75351c03e_cJade 'Kash' Orin (4) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 51106842944_07ae73c324_cJade 'Kash' Orin (5) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 51106524097_e89d0185d5_cJade 'Kash' Orin (6) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 51106838589_f4eb26a0f5_cJade 'Kash' Orin (7) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good use of the Hasbro pilot uniforms. They did make some shortcuts but overall they are quite good and often look very well on more modern bodies. I used some of that set for a kitbash too.

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Good use of the Hasbro pilot uniforms. They did make some shortcuts but overall they are quite good and often look very well on more modern bodies. I used some of that set for a kitbash too.

Thank you Ian Very Happy . Really pleased you like her. I agree, the uniform did surprise me in the fact that it fitted a phicen female so well. Then again, it is on an S21b so she fills it out nicely. I did of course have to change the boots as the ones that came with the uniform were far too large, and had I have used them she would have looked like a clown with huge feet lol! lol!
I guess the short cuts were there as they are toys after all and nowhere near the quality of Hot Toys or sideshow items. Overall though, I am very happy with the final result cheers cheers Very Happy Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ha! Thanks for the fish!

Cool looking setup and figures. Who's the alien guy with the creepy head? Does he have a name yet?

Ephiane

Ephiane
Wow ! What a fantastic set of pictures ! I really love them. You create some new Characters in the SW Universe and i love it to see the famous ones like Han and Chewie.
Thanks for showing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Thank you Ian Very Happy . Really pleased you like her. I agree, the uniform did surprise me in the fact that it fitted a phicen female so well. Then again, it is on an S21b so she fills it out nicely. I did of course have to change the boots as the ones that came with the uniform were far too large, and had I have used them she would have looked like a clown with huge feet lol! lol!
I guess the short cuts were there as they are toys after all and nowhere near the quality of Hot Toys or sideshow items. Overall though, I am very happy with the final result cheers cheers Very Happy Very Happy

Welcome. And I agree, the Hasbro boots would not have worked -- too big for a female figure and arguably too simplistic/toy-like for the desired look. These outfits and accessories are always worth checking on our custom figures, as they are often quite good and end up looking even better. One pretty weak point in a bunch of instances in my experience were the gloved hands. Playing off of Styrker's remark, I'll just note they seem to have discovered a new variety of star fish. Smile

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:Ha! Thanks for the fish!

Cool looking setup and figures. Who's the alien guy with the creepy head? Does he have a name yet?

Many thanks Very Happy . I'm so pleased you liked the pics. The guy with the creepy head is my Doctor Who Dalek Sec figure that I borrowed for the shoot. I'm not sure whether he will stay in the uniform. He might do until I get a replacement SW head? I'm pleased you liked him bounce

Ephiane wrote:Wow ! What a fantastic set of pictures ! I really love them. You create some new Characters in the SW Universe and i love it to see the famous ones like Han and Chewie.
Thanks for showing

Thank you so much Very Happy . I'm so pleased you liked my creations. I only have two official figures, I would like to get more though bounce bounce

GubernatorFan wrote:
BAMComix wrote:Thank you Ian Very Happy . Really pleased you like her. I agree, the uniform did surprise me in the fact that it fitted a phicen female so well. Then again, it is on an S21b so she fills it out nicely. I did of course have to change the boots as the ones that came with the uniform were far too large, and had I have used them she would have looked like a clown with huge feet lol! lol!

Welcome. And I agree, the Hasbro boots would not have worked -- too big for a female figure and arguably too simplistic/toy-like for the desired look. These outfits and accessories are always worth checking on our custom figures, as they are often quite good and end up looking even better. One pretty weak point in a bunch of instances in my experience were the gloved hands. Playing off of Styrker's remark, I'll just note they seem to have discovered a new variety of star fish. Smile

Yeah, those gloved hands are truly awful, and not much use for anything other than they toy lines they were designed for. I do agree, the equipment in general isn't too bad cheers
lol! yes, Dalek Sec does look a little aquatic doesn't he?

Ephiane

Ephiane
Your cigarr smoking space pilot reminds me at Lt. Starbuck. Thanks for the smile when i remember that great Area of Space Movies. Star Wars, Battlestar galactica, Alien.....

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 Starbu10

BAMComix

BAMComix
Ephiane wrote:Your cigarr smoking space pilot reminds me at Lt. Starbuck. Thanks for the smile when i remember that great Area of Space Movies. Star Wars, Battlestar galactica, Alien.....

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. - Page 2 Starbu10

Very Happy You caught me, that character, Starbuck, both from the original and the remake was the inspiration behind her bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, Dalek Sec does look fairly aquatic. And yep, I see now why she looked somewhat familiar (Starbuck). Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Dirk Benedict Starbuck rules! He was awesome, and my favorite character on that show. (I also enjoyed Katie Sackhoff in the reboot).

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, Dalek Sec does look fairly aquatic. And yep, I see now why she looked somewhat familiar (Starbuck). Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:Dirk Benedict Starbuck rules! He was awesome, and my favorite character on that show. (I also enjoyed Katie Sackhoff in the reboot).

Thanks guys Very Happy . Yeah, I always thought the character in both versions was great Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum