OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

BAMComix

BAMComix
These are two of my favourite figures, like GubernatorFan, Stryker and probably countless others, I grew up with Star Wars. Han and Chewie were always my faves, so when these figures came out. I knew I had to add them to the collection Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 48552116217_ef8ca63144_cC'mon! by Dal Lee, on Flickr

"I am not wrong, it's this way..., have I ever steered you wrong?" smiled Han, who wondered off missing Chewbacca's look of disbelief!

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 48551972601_79fbbb1063_cSnap! by Dal Lee, on Flickr

"I told you to keep it down!, do you want ewok stowaways on the Falcon again??, it tooks us a fortnight to get rid of them last time!, now c'mon, it's this way..."
"Arrrhh, Haarrah rahh" protested Chewie!

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 48551962986_f7a5df6292_cI've been here before..., by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Han and Chewie make their way through the forests of Endor, in search of Ta-Shia, their new crew member,
"Now remember Chewie, we don't want to bump into those ewoks, they will be into everything!" whispered Han.
"Arrrgghh, raaahhh!" replied Chewie,
"Keep it down will you Chewie!"

SNAP!

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 49434386003_0d810e51f9_cHan & The Falcon by Dal Lee, on Flickr

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wonderful photos of a pair of awesome figures!!! Very nicely posed. Thank you for sharing! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Love it. Nice set up and story. And I’m with you — Han and Chewie were my favorites as a kid, as well. I bought the Stormtrooper disguise Han head sculpt as well as the 2-pack, because I thought the smirk fit his personality in the first SW movie the best. That Falcon looks good, and even in scale — is that a model?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done, Dal. I really like these figures too, although I went another way with Chewie (got a parted out Sequel Chewie (a little lighter in color) and outfitted him with the original Chewie bandolier. You did a great job posing them, and nice idea with the false perspective and the smaller scale model of the Falcon behind them. Two questions, or maybe statements: (1) if Han is worried about Ewok stowaways, how would he feel about Porg? (2) should Leia be jealous of Ta-Shia? Smile Or have you adopted my canon, in which Leia lives happily ever after with Officer Kavil? Wink

BAMComix

BAMComix
skywalkersaga wrote:Wonderful photos of a pair of awesome figures!!! Very nicely posed. Thank you for sharing! Smile

Thanks so much, really pleased you enjoyed the pics bounce bounce bounce

Stryker2011 wrote:Love it. Nice set up and story. And I’m with you — Han and Chewie were my favorites as a kid, as well. I bought the Stormtrooper disguise Han head sculpt as well as the 2-pack, because I thought the smirk fit his personality in the first SW movie the best. That Falcon looks good, and even in scale — is that a model?

Really pleased you enjoy the short story bounce . The Falcon belongs to my son, it's the much newer and larger version compared to the one I had as a kid for the 3 3/4" figures I had. Buying the extra stromtrooper Solo was a great idea! do you still have him?

GubernatorFan wrote:Very nicely done, Dal. I really like these figures too, although I went another way with Chewie (got a parted out Sequel Chewie (a little lighter in color) and outfitted him with the original Chewie bandolier. You did a great job posing them, and nice idea with the false perspective and the smaller scale model of the Falcon behind them. Two questions, or maybe statements: (1) if Han is worried about Ewok stowaways, how would he feel about Porg? (2) should Leia be jealous of Ta-Shia? Smile Or have you adopted my canon, in which Leia lives happily ever after with Officer Kavil? Wink

Cheers! that means a lot Very Happy . Oh cool, that you went for the sequel Chewie, that one looks really cool. Have you posted pics of him? (I sure he must be here somewhere?). Thanks on the Falcon shot, it was an idea I had toyed with for a while, and in truth, wasn't sure it would work?
lol! I sure Chewie and himself must have come across the Porg at some point? I should imagine he would see them as pest, just like the Ewoks! lol!
oh, I never thought of that? I figured this was when Han was still single and hadn't meet Leia yet? But thinking about it, I think Leia probably would be jealous of Ta-Shia lol! lol! lol!

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 51071074581_64c9a9f0de_cChewie, get us outta Here! by Dal Lee, on Flickr

I can't do Photoshop, but this was kindly done for me by a friend cheers

Ovy

Ovy
Wait, I always thought Chewie and Han were the couple?? Very Happy But yeah maybe the Guberverse and BAMverse transition into each other when the stars are right.

I also really like how that scale model in the background works. Might be even more effective outside with more distance on some sandy plain or something.

And to be honest, my Favourite as a kid was C3PO for some reason.

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
Ovy wrote:Wait, I always thought Chewie and Han were the couple?? Very Happy
Don't give the LucasFilm Story Group anymore ideas affraid Then again, they now claim in the Disneyverse that Han was never a true smuggler and just wanted to live the lifestyle without the work No Sorry, very salty on what Disney has been doing (outside of the Favreau/Filoni-verse).

Nice work on the figures. Wish we could've gotten that cockpit diorama from HT

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Cheers! that means a lot Very Happy . Oh cool, that you went for the sequel Chewie, that one looks really cool. Have you posted pics of him? (I sure he must be here somewhere?). Thanks on the Falcon shot, it was an idea I had toyed with for a while, and in truth, wasn't sure it would work?
lol!  I sure Chewie and himself must have come across the Porg at some point? I should imagine he would see them as pest, just like the Ewoks! lol!
oh, I never thought of that? I figured this was when Han was still single and hadn't meet Leia yet? But thinking about it, I think Leia probably would be jealous of Ta-Shia lol! lol! lol!

Very nice Ta-Shia running through the Falcon shot! And nice of your friend to help out with the photoshopping. Looking forward to more of your Star Wars stuff. Yes, the ANH Chewie seemed a little too dark to me -- although of course the Sequel Trilogy one is a little too light. But they both work nicely enough. I dug up my threads with this Chewie in them, they are as follows:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2541-star-wars-a-love-gone-wrong-story (satire)

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3178-star-wars-a-silver-linings-story-original-trilogy-updated-with-extra-photos (satire, chewie in post 28)

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2605-star-wars-hot-toys-princess-leia-bespin-updated-with-part-ii-kitbash-potential (with a couple reenactments from ESB)

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3227-action-figure-height-updated-with-part-ii (size comparison of tall and short figures)

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3217-star-wars-han-solo-mudtrooper-by-hot-toys-updated (size comparison to Alden)

Hope you enjoy.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I only bought the loose Storm Han head sculpt — not the entire figure. I still have the original head that came with Han, as well.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Ovy wrote:Wait, I always thought Chewie and Han were the couple?? Very Happy But yeah maybe the Guberverse and BAMverse transition into each other when the stars are right.

I also really like how that scale model in the background works. Might be even more effective outside with more distance on some sandy plain or something.

And to be honest, my Favourite as a kid was C3PO for some reason.

lol! lol! lol! Brilliant! I have to admit C3PO was cool wasn't he?

thegreatshaggy wrote:
Ovy wrote:Wait, I always thought Chewie and Han were the couple?? Very Happy
Don't give the LucasFilm Story Group anymore ideas affraid Then again, they now claim in the Disneyverse that Han was never a true smuggler and just wanted to live the lifestyle without the work No Sorry, very salty on what Disney has been doing (outside of the Favreau/Filoni-verse).

Nice work on the figures. Wish we could've gotten that cockpit diorama from HT

I have to agree, The Favreau?Filoni stuff is really cool! That cockpit diorama from HT was really cool cheers

GubernatorFan wrote:
BAMComix wrote:Cheers! that means a lot Very Happy . Oh cool, that you went for the sequel Chewie, that one looks really cool. Have you posted pics of him? (I sure he must be here somewhere?). Thanks on the Falcon shot, it was an idea I had toyed with for a while, and in truth, wasn't sure it would work?
lol!  I sure Chewie and himself must have come across the Porg at some point? I should imagine he would see them as pest, just like the Ewoks! lol!

Very nice Ta-Shia running through the Falcon shot! And nice of your friend to help out with the photoshopping. Looking forward to more of your Star Wars stuff. Yes, the ANH Chewie seemed a little too dark to me -- although of course the Sequel Trilogy one is a little too light. But they both work nicely enough. I dug up my threads with this Chewie in them, they are as follows:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2541-star-wars-a-love-gone-wrong-story (satire)

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3178-star-wars-a-silver-linings-story-original-trilogy-updated-with-extra-photos (satire, chewie in post 28)

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2605-star-wars-hot-toys-princess-leia-bespin-updated-with-part-ii-kitbash-potential (with a couple reenactments from ESB)

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3227-action-figure-height-updated-with-part-ii (size comparison of tall and short figures)

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3217-star-wars-han-solo-mudtrooper-by-hot-toys-updated (size comparison to Alden)

Hope you enjoy.

Thanks for the links! I really enjoyed looking through he links cheers cheers

Stryker2011 wrote:I only bought the loose Storm Han head sculpt — not the entire figure. I still have the original head that came with Han, as well.

Cool! I will have to look for it Very Happy

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really cool pics, I specially like the last one. I wonder how much money and time it would take to make a 1/6 scale falcon.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed them. I do hope you also post more down the line.

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed them. I do hope you also post more down the line.

bounce bounce I have done a few random shots using and making different Star Wars creations, here are a few more.

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 37374578104_bbcc9d9037_cA hair debate! by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 47080241404_1202f57030_cA Busy Night In the 'Arms' (12) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 47929392758_b0543845ff_cStand Down Chewie by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 47929357118_c9e6444168_cDanger Ahead! by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 49941984342_2b32a2f26e_cStar Wars Poster by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 49970705527_7c4ed32198_cUnder fire (2) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 50046494902_7a675b33db_cMaking new friends. by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 51070376973_9c9fa3bf20_cStar Wars Mash-Up! Smugglers vs. Daleks! by Dal Lee, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great stuff, Dal. You had me at a hair debate! Smile At the risk of exposing my ignorance, what are Daleks from? I know enough that I won't suppose they are your (Dal's) private army of robots -- right? Smile

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Nice shots!

GubernatorFan wrote: At the risk of exposing my ignorance, what are Daleks from? I know enough that I won't suppose they are your (Dal's) private army of robots -- right? Smile
I think they're from Doctor Who.

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Great stuff, Dal. You had me at a hair debate! Smile At the risk of exposing my ignorance, what are Daleks from? I know enough that I won't suppose they are your (Dal's) private army of robots -- right? Smile

bounce  bounce  bounce Thank you! Yeah, that hair debate shot was to highlight Chewie's confusion to a 'crew' or 'buzz' cut! TravelGuide is spot on, they are indeed from Dr. Who. Using the Dalek is quite a challenge as he is 14" tall and in scale with 1/6 I guess they should be about 10" tall  Laughing .

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. Daleks-timeline

TravelGuide wrote:Nice shots!

GubernatorFan wrote: At the risk of exposing my ignorance, what are Daleks from? I know enough that I won't suppose they are your (Dal's) private army of robots -- right? Smile
I think they're from Doctor Who.

Thank you, really pleased you liked the pics Very Happy  You are correct my friend bounce bounce bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, it worked nicely!

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Well, it worked nicely!

Thank you! Very Happy

BAMComix

BAMComix
Londonroadhog (Colin) very kindly edited these backgrounds on to my latest Star Wars bash. I haven't worked out a back story yet, but watch this space bounce

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 51095929126_195025844c_c

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 51095929041_eac482554a_c

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 51096734375_8a83a4a841_c

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 51096734335_87d38e9e11_c

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 51095928856_bdfbfe5ed6_c

Hot Toys Han & Chewie - Star Wars - A New Hope. 51096734250_1dfd7b384a_z

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You have picked some great images. Which character is this?

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:You have picked some great images. Which character is this?

Thank you! I was trying to look for a few iconic images that could be recognized as Star Wars. She is a character of my own design, she isn't really based on any single SW figure. I am trying to write her background, but as you know, there is a heck of a lot of SW planets and such to search through so I can write her a bio Very Happy .

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! Lots of cool new pics and characters. I really dig the interactions with so many varying franchises (E-Va is awesome in that shot). Your latest batch with the new female character and backgrounds is really impressive. Great stuff.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! Lots of cool new pics and characters. I really dig the interactions with so many varying franchises (E-Va is awesome in that shot). Your latest batch with the new female character and backgrounds is really impressive. Great stuff.

Thank you! I do enjoy mixing stuff up, mainly because I don't have enough of just one franchise, but it can get so interesting results bounce bounce . I'm so pleased you like my created Star Wars characters. You know, I think once Star Wars gets in your blood, especially as a kid, it never truly leaves you does it? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I cannot take full credit for the pics as londonroadhog did all the photoshop work Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:You know, I think once Star Wars gets in your blood, especially as a kid, it never truly leaves you does it? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I cannot take full credit for the pics as londonroadhog did all the photoshop work Very Happy

I agree. I saw the first Star Wars movie when I was around 11, I think, over 26 times in the theatre (tickets were .50 cents for kids — so my mom gave me and my brother each $2.00 to buy food and tickets, and you could actually sit in the theatre for repeat viewings without having to pay again; cheap way to get us out of her hair). Anyway, yeah, I’ve been a fan of the OT for awhile. I got turned off of SW for over a decade due to how much I disliked the prequels, but Hot Toys sucked me back in — but truthfully, I have more Sideshow stuff, and some customs, more than I have HT. My love of this hobby is what drew me back to Star Wars.

As far as your pics, yes, it’s awesome that londonraodhog helped significantly with your new photos, and it’s only right that you share the credit, but don’t sell yourself short — she’s an interesting looking character, and the backgrounds help to enhance her. I have a new SW character myself, but I’m not sure if she’s completely finished — still trying to figure what else I can add to her since she’s a bounty hunter, or if anything else is even necessary.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:
BAMComix wrote:You know, I think once Star Wars gets in your blood, especially as a kid, it never truly leaves you does it? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I agree. I saw the first Star Wars movie when I was around 11, I think, over 26 times in the theatre (tickets were .50 cents for kids — so my mom gave me and my brother each $2.00 to buy food and tickets, and you could actually sit in the theatre for repeat viewings without having to pay again; cheap way to get us out of her hair). Anyway, yeah, I’ve been a fan of the OT for awhile. I got turned off of SW for over a decade due to how much I disliked the prequels, but Hot Toys sucked me back in — but truthfully, I have more Sideshow stuff, and some customs, more than I have HT. My love of this hobby is what drew me back to Star Wars.

As far as your pics, yes, it’s awesome that londonraodhog helped significantly with your new photos, and it’s only right that you share the credit, but don’t sell yourself short — she’s an interesting looking character, and the backgrounds help to enhance her. I have a new SW character myself, but I’m not sure if she’s completely finished — still trying to figure what else I can add to her since she’s a bounty hunter, or if anything else is even necessary.

I must admit, I wasn't over pleased with the prequels either at first, but compared to the last three they did, they aren't that bad now lol! . I have t say,, I think someone else mentioned it the other day, the Faloni/Favreau stuff has really put SW back on the map. I loved the clone wars and I am really enjoying the Mandalorian cheers . I think that has helped me with my SW bashes having the freedom to create something new Very Happy .
I was a little younger than yourself when I first saw Star Wars, I was five and it left a lasting impression Laughing . I also saw it many times at the cinema, along with the other two as they came out.
I am so pleased that you like Sav, I have been looking things up about the Star Wars universe as well as scouring old comics and books for references to make her a believable back story. Hopefully I will have something to share soon.
Dave, a good friend has suggested that maybe she needs some goggles and maybe a head scarf? so I have been looking on ebay to see what I can find bounce bounce .
I am still scouring the forum for your posts, I have found a few, like Jabba's Palace and some of your bashes, but like Ammo (which is also run by forumotion) it isn't always easy to track them down. If possible, could you post a few links here? that would be awesome!
bounce bounce bounce bounce

I shall also look forward too seeing your new character! bounce bounce

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum