OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A picnic in the park :3

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A picnic in the park :3 Empty A picnic in the park :3 Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:39 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
The weather was beautiful this week, so Max and Juno decided to take advantage of the sun and have a nice little romantic picnic. :3

A picnic in the park :3 51105166659_75b8a86c0d_z by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

A picnic in the park :3 51105166869_ee45b05d8b_z by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

A picnic in the park :3 51105327373_c1700e8937_z by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

I love you

A picnic in the park :3 51105327398_ab13165bae_z by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

A picnic in the park :3 51105166849_5b71419fca_z by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

A picnic in the park :3 51105211286_dfb7f8e4a5_z by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

A picnic in the park :3 51105271974_eecabefea5_z by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

A picnic in the park :3 51105419326_48248d27c7_z by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

After a little canoodling, it was finally time for lunch! :p

Chicken salad wraps ftw!

A picnic in the park :3 51106202245_eba82fc1e8_z by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

A picnic in the park :3 51105211271_5c69967f95_z by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

A picnic in the park :3 51105166574_7c705e1258_z by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

(I’m planning on making a tutorial for the wraps at some point if anyone fancies making their own!)

Fun fact, while the sun was shining, the temperature was only about 4°C and I needed to warm up as soon as I got back inside :lol

2A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:46 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Glorious pics. I can't believe how grass the green is there already; of course it's been raining here the last week, so it could be that nice looking, but too gloomy to even look outside. Love the wraps -- holy cow, they look real; that's really well done. Any tutorials you want to do are always welcome. I was expecting Baxter to make a mad dash through the picnic at any minute!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A picnic in the park :3 C8485110

3A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:53 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
How incredibly sweet! The tenderness is palpable. And wow, that lighting is just gorgeous. Those chicken wraps are amazingly detailed... did you make those? As always, so impressive!

ETA: Meant to ask, does Max have new tattoos?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:04 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful photos in beautiful setting (from sunshine to greenery). I, too, expected Baxter to make an appearance. As for the wrap sandwiches, they literally made me salivate. Yes, please post a tutorial on making them.

5A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:23 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Wonderful setting!

6A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:42 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Thanks guys! <3

The weather has been bizarre here all week - one moment it’s blue skies and sun, the next snow and hailstones, and literally all within the same hour! Laughing It’s still bitterly cold, even when the sun’s out!

Yes, new tattoos! Her old ones were getting a little worn so I wiped them off and started over with new decals, as well as a ton of watercolour pencil for the larger sleeve. Once you’ve added a few layers of sealer they’re on pretty securely! Juno got a new one on her left forearm but I don’t think it’s particularly visible here. I bought a load of cheap waterslide decals for nail art on Ali Express recently so I’ve been itching to give them some new ink.

Baxter was due to make an appearance but by the time I’d taken these photos I was too cold to continue the shoot so I gave up! Laughing I took hundreds of photos and these were the only ones that came out - the light kept fluctuating and throwing my camera’s exposure off, plus my garden is on a slope so everything kept rolling away and just, ughhh. XD just imagine he’s off in the bushes somewhere digging up the place and sniffing out squirrels.

The wraps are ludicrously easy to make, like, genuinely almost no effort whatsoever so I’ll definitely be putting a DIY together soon!

7A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That's what I assumed, Baxter was off chasing squirrels. Smile Garden on a slope? Silver lining -- you don't have to worry about things you don't want in the background. Smile

8A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:31 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
You’d think, but there’s a massive wooden trellis in the way and a greenhouse behind that so I really have to get in close to the plants to make it look vaguely in scale, or pretend the bird bath is some kind of architectural structure. Laughing

A picnic in the park :3 51092173534_10527007ac_zJosh by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

9A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:36 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL. Ok, I see. The Josh photo looks great too!

10A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:58 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really nice photos, there's a lot of details that really add depth and realism to your photos. I wouldn't mind a 1/6 scale wrap tutorial either.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! A picnic in the park :3 1f60e

11A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:20 am

Ovy

Ovy
Super adorable, even without cutie Baxter. :3

Perfectly photographed in scale, but well at this point we probably live in 1/6 scale anyway.
And I also see so many things out there as potential 1/6 scale architectural structure.

The wraps look delicious which means you did everything right, can't see if it's artificial or an actual tiny eatable wrap. Razz
I think it's some kind of fabric, tissue or felt that can be squished into hands, but no rush in revealing that mystery yet.

And I guess there is a giant pile of unwanted/deleted 1/6 photos in some other dimension, a creation by us all.

12A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:52 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Your posing of the figures is absolute amazing ! Oh, and i need a chicken wrap now Very Happy
Thanks for showing that beautiful pictures !

13A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:59 pm

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Beautifully done outdoor pictures! The scene is so lovely and so, so sweet-- it's so nice to see a depiction of our LGBTQ community in 1/6, filled with so much innocence and emotion, makes me all fuzzy inside...

And yes, the wraps look good enough to eat!

14A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:09 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Beautifully done outdoor pictures! The scene is so lovely and so, so sweet-- it's so nice to see a depiction of our LGBTQ community in 1/6, filled with so much innocence and emotion, makes me all fuzzy inside...

And yes, the wraps look good enough to eat!

Thank you! <3

I’m not gonna lie, I feel like I live vicariously through these two sometimes, chronically single as I am! A picnic in the park :3 1f605

15A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:52 am

Diana

Diana
It's all been said, but these photos are really beautiful. Well done for going through the trouble and withstanding the cold for as long as you did. Smile

16A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:14 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Amazing pics, you really captured the enjoyment of those two enjoying their picnic! I love all the small details of the food, they really do add a touch of realism Very Happy

17A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:59 pm

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Echoing what others have said, this is wonderful. Compositions and colors and poses are all on point -- probably more difficult to get convincingly right for a quiet personal moment than it would be for a battle scene or something. Using the natural environment while avoiding anything that would clash, scale or otherwise, is perfectly carried off. And frankly I feel guilty that with all these technical excellencies the first thing that my eye goes to is those chicken wraps, but yeah, when you're prepared to do it I'd love to know "the recipe."

18A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:02 am

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Beautiful pictures of the picnic in the countryside and a sweet starter.

19A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:45 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Gorgeous pics! I think we are all especially anxious for a spring day like this after this long winter, and you really capture the warmth and genuine sweetness between these 2. Max's new tattoos look EXCELLENT! I really like the negative space kinda design of it. Making me want to get back in the chair soon myself... And the wraps are awesome! I'll sign on the already long list of people who would love to see a tutorial. I seriously assumed you used a real tortilla for this, it looks so good.

20A picnic in the park :3 Empty Re: A picnic in the park :3 Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:32 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Thanks Rev! <3 The local travel ban has been lifted so hopefully I’ll be able to go out into the countryside again soon, I miss taking the camera (and dolls, lol) out for a photoshoot!

A tutorial is nearly ready - I’m just waiting on a microphone to arrive so I can record better audio for the narration. It should be here in a few days, so fingers crossed I’ll have it uploaded by next week!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum