OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ebay and other online Scammers

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

276Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Thu May 19, 2022 12:33 am

jaztermareal

sorry, wrong thread.

as for on topic, I am glad to see the Chinese sellers slowly learning that bad practice might hurt them and so are pulling listings. shouldn't have gotten to this point.

277Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:55 pm

GeeWillikers

Not sure if this is a new one, or just my bad luck. Unless it's a new release I only buy (relatively) inexpensive small accessory part-outs from Chinese eB*yers now, and three times in the last couple of months I've experienced the following with three different sellers:

When I buy two or more of a particular item, the seller will only send one of them. I then have to chase up the seller to send the rest, which will (if I'm lucky) take 2-3 more weeks to reach me.

So far, I do receive everything I order... eventually.

If it's not just unhappy coincidence, I'm at a loss to figure this one out. Some kind of stock scam?

278Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:15 pm

Diana

GeeWillikers wrote:Not sure if this is a new one, or just my bad luck. Unless it's a new release I only buy (relatively) inexpensive small accessory part-outs from Chinese eB*yers now, and three times in the last couple of months I've experienced the following with three different sellers:

When I buy two or more of a particular item, the seller will only send one of them. I then have to chase up the seller to send the rest, which will (if I'm lucky) take 2-3 more weeks to reach me.

So far, I do receive everything I order... eventually.

If it's not just unhappy coincidence, I'm at a loss to figure this one out. Some kind of stock scam?
Check the promised delivery date. It probably includes that processing time.

I had the same happen to me. I ordered different colors of the same thing. All were marked as shipped, but only one was sent to me. When I asked about them they told me they needed another 2-3 weeks to be produced. I trust I'll get them, but of course it was very disappointing. My momentum for getting creative gone.

I looked for the items on aliexpress. They were in stock and to be delivered within three weeks. In the future I'll check there first. Ebay has allowed themselves to go to [CENSORED] by allowing practices like that. I saw the same item offered by another Ebay seller and asked, whether it was in stock. Nope!

279Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:57 pm

GeeWillikers

Well, this has turned into a tedious 'sorry friend, forgot to send but is now out of stock, would you like similar item?' dance. Even though the seller had the listing still up with '10 available' and they had a separate auction listing for the same item.    Neutral

I've never had a problem with this seller before, so this is.... disappointing.

So I screencapped everything (with timestamps because you can guess what will happen with those listings), then fired off a message expressing my anger and noting the still active listing, and demanded a refund. I haven't bothered to wait for their reply and have opened a case. Meanwhile, they have pulled the listings (as expected).

yy_store17, another seller for the ****list. Rolling Eyes

280Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:18 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Fishy business or genuine mistake, you decide...

Just received a loose TBL Knight Of Fire body from a usually-reliable AliEx seller after an atypical two month long wait (2-3 weeks is his usual delivery turnaround).

Only, it isn't a KoF body, it's a bog-standard v2 S23 that I can pick up anywhere for at least $20 less. So it's taken twice as long as usual to get to me, was unusually poorly-packaged, and isn't even the right model (it does look like it's from a set though, probably one of the Royal Defenders or those recent Elf soldiers).

I've bought from this seller on many occasions before with no issues whatsoever (the opposite in fact - he's one of the few Chinese sellers I even half-trusted anymore) so for now I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Still a bit depressing to consider that he may be trying to pull a fast one, though.

I await his response with interest.

281Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:25 pm

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:I've bought from this seller on many occasions before with no issues whatsoever (the opposite in fact - he's one of the few Chinese sellers I even half-trusted anymore) so for now I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Still a bit depressing to consider that he may be trying to pull a fast one, though.

I await his response with interest.

That's a shame. So disappointing when stuff like that happens.

I recently bought those sleeveless bodysuits: On Ebay I was informed that it was not in stock and made to order, which takes up to a month. The same item on AliExpress was cheaper and sent out immediately. I hope I'll continue to have good experiences on AE.

282Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:58 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
^ AliEx is generally better than Eb*y these days, but when something does go wrong, it's a royal pain to get it sorted.

The last mishap I experienced (detailed here somewhere) ended up taking the best part of three months to solve, and then only when I got fed up of AliEx 'customer services' giving me the 'send proof of loss' and then the 'please wait another 10 days' roundaround and made a Visa chargeback myself (which they didn't bother to contest in the end).

283Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:45 am

Stoods77

I bought a pre-sale though an Ebay seller. Knowing it was a pre-sale i was prepared to wait. However when I saw the item on other online retailers, the seller kept telling me that it will arrive "soon". I made it clear that the item was in stock on other websites. They still told me it would come "soon".

After several weeks of excuses, I cancelled the order and asked for a refund. They said they would refund me "soon". After months and months and months they kept saying soon or "will confirm shortly". So many messages on my part, they never contacted me once. They only responded to my messages, just to tell me "will refund soon".

I don't for one second, believe the positive feedback is legit

The sellers name is sunnymayhair! This guy is a real lowlife piece of crap. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID this turd at all costs.

284Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:37 am

Diana

Diana
Stoods77 wrote:I bought a pre-sale though an Ebay seller. Knowing it was a pre-sale i was prepared to wait. However when I saw the item on other online retailers, the seller kept telling me that it will arrive "soon". I made it clear that the item was in stock on other websites. They still told me it would come "soon".

After several weeks of excuses, I cancelled the order and asked for a refund. They said they would refund me "soon". After months and months and months they kept saying soon or "will confirm shortly". So many messages on my part, they never contacted me once. They only responded to my messages, just to tell me "will refund soon".

I don't for one second, believe the positive feedback is legit

The sellers name is sunnymayhair! This guy is a real lowlife piece of crap. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID this turd at all costs.

I've purchased in-stock items from them no problem, but yes, this is one of those sellers who have been mentioned before, alongside many others, when it comes to pre-orders. In general pre-orders should not be placed on Ebay.

In any case, welcome aboard! Very Happy

285Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:01 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
For the first time ever, I got one of those 'this item is damaged' messages from a seller I've previously had ok dealings with. Yes, somehow I've managed to escape it until now.  I can't remember what is the best course of action here.... should I just accept a refund?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

286Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:57 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Happend like two or three times ("damaged" or "sorry we searched our warehouse and couldn't find the article") and each time I just eaccepted a refund and got my money back.

287Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:44 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, Valiarde -- I'm happy to accept a refund, I was just suspicious of the circumstances and whether it would somehow affect my own ebay ratings, etc.

The item in question was just something from a parted-out set, so it's not a huge deal, but still a tad disappointing.

288Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:39 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Supposedly our ratings are not affected by this, Sky.

289Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:29 pm

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:Supposedly our ratings are not affected by this, Sky.

At least my ratings were not affected when that happened, as Ebay informed me that the seller had communicated the issue to Ebay correctly. Of course that's no guarantee that your seller does the same. Probably though? Suspect

290Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:39 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
I always had the feeling that the seller is far more worried about their own rating than you getting a negative - most of the time I get a positive rating as soon as I paid - they can't change it later and I think buyers can't get a negative rating anyway.

In my cases these sellers always apologize like ten times in a message, probably in the hope they won't get a negative from customers

291Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:45 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ok, I am pissed. I've had yet another negative ebay experience. I have barely purchased from ebay in recent times due to lack of funds, so I didn't realise just how bad it is now....

I ordered another GacToys Natalie Portman-esque head so that I would have another spare 'Padme' head as an option for future customs. Instead, today I recieved the most ugly smiling 'Jessica Alba' headsculpt, with bright orange hair. Looks absolutely nothing like the NP heads.

What to do about this? I've complained to the seller, but no response yet. I'm hoping they will offer a full refund, but worried they won't. Anyone else know what to do when you get an item but it is not the one you ordered?

292Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:09 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Open a case with eBay. Take pics to show what was received.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 C8485110

293Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:37 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, I think I will. I usually try to give sellers benefit of the doubt, but I'm certain this one is a scam. There is no possible way to mix up the two headsculpts, especially since the head came in a box with a clear window where you can see which sculpt it is from the outside.

294Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:14 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If you have time before you can initiate the eBay process, give the seller a moment (couple of days?) to get back to you. But prepare to launch your case with eBay ASAP, so take photos of the listing, confirmation, and of course the product you got. It should be an open and shut case.  If you don't have much time left, go to eBay directly.

295Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:29 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The item was only just delivered today, so I'm not sure how I would be running out of time?

The problem is that right now, I cannot open a case because the only options available are to ask for a RETURN. I do not want a return, because I don't think it's fair that I should have to physically return the item all the way to China, when none of this is my fault. It's not like I received the right item, and then decided I didn't want it. It's entirely the seller's problem for knowingly sending the wrong head and hoping i wouldn't notice or care. So I'm not going to open a case for a 'return' when what I want is my money back. I just want a full refund.

The only thing i can do for the moment is wait and hope the seller gets back to me soon.

296Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:38 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Give him time to respond. I had only good experience with wrongly send items so far, every time I got the correct one delivered for free afterwards and could keep the wrong item. You don't need to send anything back.

Yes ebay only allows you to open a case after the expected delivery time which is often a few days or weeks after you get the item iirc...

297Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:53 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, Valiarde. I think I'm just panicked cause I make such rare purchases now and every one counts. So disappointments hit harder. But I'll be patient. :')

298Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:41 pm

Diana

Diana
I, too, have always received a full refund or replacement, no questions asked and no return necessary. One time I was offered a 50% discount on another head, which wasn't exactly cool, but it wasn't worth the effort of challenging it, since I liked the wrong head, too.

And don't forget that there are other ways of making mistakes. They may have had your order mixed up with someone else's. Benefit of the doubt and all. clown

You don't have forever to file your claim (90 days after the sale I think?), but sounds like you are in no rush at all. All will be good. Wink

299Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:38 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
I will not use the word scammer, but i will share my experience here Smile

yahoo-hoo
99.7% positive Feedback 38K items sold 2.3K followers

Feedback ratings - Last 12 months
Positive - 2693
Neutral - 9
Negative - 10

As you can see the stats for yahoo-hoo look very good. I am not here to damaged their reputation in anyway.

I spotted a head sculpt that i wanted to purchase. The item description included the words:
- AUTHENTIC VERYCOOL - 1/6 Head Sculpt Female

This headsculpt was for a product that has long sold out, and Yahoo-hoo had a number of them in stock.

I placed an order. 6 had sold and they had more in stock (i forget the amount mentioned)
I waited.. .zZ ..and after 4 days i wondered why the item had not shipped?

I sent a message to seller asking them - ..is there any news on when my item will ship? Smile
I also added to message (something along the lines of) is this an official VERYCOOL head sculpt, as if it is not, i can obtain a unofficial head sculpt from China for half the price with free shipping. Yahoo-hoo shipping charge was US $19.99 + US $16.56

I received a reply from ebay:

Hi (name),

Unfortunately, the seller had to cancel your order due to the following reason: I'm out of stock or the item is damaged.

Here's a summary of your refund. Refunds are typically available within 3-5 working days.

The item is now listed as OUT OF STOCK

There you have it. I have since ordered the same head sculpt from China for a lower price with free shipping and it includes a body (which i won't be using).
The Chinese seller was 100% honest when i questioned what i would be receiving. They wrote:

Chinese version with good quality, friend.

I have to be honest. I was left wondering. Did Yahoo-hoo really sell out? ..or were they spooked by my question?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

300Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:56 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's been a typical situation for sellers to list items they don't actually have in-stock for a while now. I don't even think it has anything to do with the particular item or its quality, it just seems to be a method of listing as much as possible to make as much money as possible even if they don't have the physical item in question. I don't really understand the purpose of this since most buyers will eventually want a refund, but that seems to be what is happening. It happened to me last month as well.

301Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:34 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
skywalkersaga wrote:It's been a typical situation for sellers to list items they don't actually have in-stock for a while now. I don't even think it has anything to do with the particular item or its quality, it just seems to be a method of listing as much as possible to make as much money as possible even if they don't have the physical item in question. I don't really understand the purpose of this since most buyers will eventually want a refund, but that seems to be what is happening. It happened to me last month as well.

Using the word AUTHENTIC VERYCOOL is probably incorrect.
Who is not to say that the seller simply purchases the item from China and tells the Chinese seller where to send the item?
..i some how doubt the head sculp was official, and probably was a Chinese knock-off.

The use of the word AUTHENTIC might have been deliberate, as they choose to not use the word OFFICIAL
AUTHENTIC blurs the line.

The points you raise make sense. It has happened to me at least 3 times with Chinese sellers, noting being able to find the product. The thing with Chinese sellers is (from my experience atleast) they tend to message the buyer. In the case of Yahoo-hoo, they appear to have opted for an automated ebay reply?

No bother Smile
We'll see how the Chinese copy looks like when it arrives Smile

302Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:39 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
ebay user nuoya2012

I cannot work this ebay seller out.
By the looks of things, i had an unfortunate experience.
The current situation is, i am working on obtaining a refund.

I ordered: STAR MAN: 1/6 Female Avengers AVENGER Movable (MS-005)
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1469-new-product-star-man-1-6-female-avengers-avenger-movable-ms-005-not-what-you-think?highlight=1+6+STAR+MAN+MS+-005

I received:
Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Green_13
LOADING: Image(s)

Could it have been a mistake?
I somehow doubt so.

As i type nuoya2012 feedback amount to:
99.4% positive Feedback
Positive - 2741
Neutral - 30
Negative - 14

As you can see, they seem like a decent enough seller.

I checked though the negative / neutral feedback's, and some seller's appeared to experience what i experienced.

be careful and aware of this seller, ships empty envelopes and never ships the figure. I waited 3 months for my product to ship and then arrived an empty envelope.
CHONG 1:6th C002 Negan The Walking Dead 12inch Male Action Figure Collectible

Received empty package
1/6 White One-piece Translucent Short Sleeve Shirt Clothes Fit 12'' Female Body

Didnt have what I ordered in stock, suggested another color. Took almost 2 weeks just to send. Seller was suppose to give a gift to compensate but he never did.
EWWORKS 1/6 Male Hip Hop Oversized T-Shirt Clothes Fit 12inch Action Figure Doll

Received empty package
1/6 White One-piece Translucent Short Sleeve Shirt Clothes Fit 12'' Female Body

To be fair, they sent the following message:

Good day,
Thanks very much for your purchase,
sorry to disturb you.

we have a good news,
As appreciate for purchase,
we'll send 2 parcels for you,
1 is for your order,and another 1 for a samll gift,
so if you get one is not what you ordered,
please don't worry,
just wait with more patience,another parcel will arrive soon,ok?

if you need both tracking NO.,please email us,we'll try our best check for you.

thanks very much for your kindly understand.

If you have any problem,please kindly email me know,i'd like to try my best to help you.

Best regards to you and yours

For the moment, i guess i am to assume they sent a free gift (a green hat) and the figure will follow?
The thing is, they already sent one free gift, a small belt.
From ebay's perspective, the order is now complete. From my perspective, the order is not complete.
Why bother with the free gift thing. Why does the seller not simply state the item is out of stock and they are attempting to source one?

For the moment i have received 2 parcels, 1 is a gift, and the other? not what i ordered.

303Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:52 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yikes! You should start a refund request through eBay and show pictures of what you received.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 C8485110

304Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 12 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:58 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:Yikes! You should start a refund request through eBay and show pictures of what you received.

The seller might have good intentions, and the free gift / gifts are away of stringing me along until he / she (probably a he) obtains the figure and posts it. At the same time, i have a bad feeling. I have put in for a refund. We will see what happens next. In my favour, i have an official photo shot by the postman / postwoman of the small package being delivered, as they took the photo themselves for proof of postage (as i was out at the time).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum