OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ebay and other online Scammers

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

41Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sun May 02, 2021 3:24 pm

skywalkersaga

Sorry this seller turned out to be so untrustworthy. Is it possible to report sellers to ebay?

I've had mixed experiences with the sc_store.... for small items, usually everything has arrived without issue. But I preordered a larger item from them several months ago and then cancelled the order after I changed my mind, and it was very difficult getting a refund, with a lot of back and forth. I did get the refund in the end, thankfully. I would avoid preordering anything worth more than $20 from them and from pretty much ANY ebay seller.

These days, I only pre-order from GianToy or other websites.

42Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sun May 02, 2021 3:40 pm

Valiarde

Chip wrote:Another non show from red_star2013 . Pre Ordered a nude figure , back in September . He has blocked me messaging him , and I can not even leave a negative feedback now either . eBay not recognising order number , so can not open dispute. Bye bye £20 notes . I would avoid this seller if I were you . Really gets me he`s got 99% feedback , what a joke . eBay need to get a grip on this . Thief seller . be warned .

I have an item pre ordered with sc_store999 . See his title above , has anyone had raw deals with them ? I really want the item , but would hate to lose more money .

The only two times I didn't get an article on ebay was with red_star2013 and SC_9999

I would avoid preorder alltogether on ebay.

43Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sun May 02, 2021 4:19 pm

Chip

It`s getting to look that way with Pre orders , what a shame . My advice is to contact eBay even if your out of time for a dispute . I just have and they are still willing to investigate . Don`t just give up , at the very least let eBay know , you may save someone else down the line . I was told by an official eBay advisor that .

" Within 30 days after the estimated delivery date eBay has the authority to submit the dispute with your payment method or the institution that processed the payment " .

I feel so frustrated these sellers have such good feed back ratings , and eBay tells you this if you click on their feedback .;

eBay Top-rated seller:
One of eBay's most reputable sellers.
Consistently delivers outstanding customer service.

Makes you wonder about what they consider bad sellers don`t it ?

44Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sun May 02, 2021 5:06 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Well, to play “devil’s advocate” it’s not uncommon for seller’s accounts to be hacked and stolen by absolute $#@t people. I’ve bought from many of the sellers listed in the past, things slowed down of course thanks to the China Virus on my end — so it could be that many of these once reputable sellers had their accounts stolen... just a thought.

45Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sun May 02, 2021 7:25 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Regarding the seller's ratings -- it is also possible that something has happened to the seller(s) in the last year (as Stryker noted, the pandemic has affected things), and either they have run into financial issues, or the original seller is no longer 'manning' the shop and has been replaced by someone else.

I mention the possibility that there could be more than one person behind each 'seller', because when I was contacting the sc_store about my refund, it seemed like there were multiple people involved (well, at least two). In that case, it seemed to be a situation where the person running the ebay store was working for someone else higher up the food chain, and thus they were being pressured to make many sales and to not have too many cancellations/refunds. They insinuated that they would be 'fired' if they gave too many refunds. Now, this could have been something they made up to dissuade me from canceling the order, but I also think it sounds plausible. Given the fact that some people here have noted that many of the ebay sellers that sell 1/6 items seem to be connected, and the recent situation where suddenly many sellers were claiming items were 'out of stock' all at once, it does make me wonder....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

46Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sun May 02, 2021 8:21 pm

Chip

I don`t think there is any excuse for theft , and at the end of the day , in black and white that`s what is happening . I have been blocked as has someone above by the seller , if that is not guilt and sneaky what is ? If they were honest , you would either get your money back or your item , simple as . I personally think eBay should give cover till the seller has delivered , if pre order dates are to far away to cover , then don`t let sellers sell that way .

47Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon May 03, 2021 2:54 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
I don't think the accounts were stolen - if so, they would get so many bad reputations in no time, because they wouldn'T be able to deliver ANY item. They just seem to do it if it is a preorder where you aren't able to get your money back or give negative fedback because it is 6 month or longer since ordering
I ordered from tototoys without problems for instock items.

I also think there are multiple people working for these stores on ebay.

48Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon May 03, 2021 3:32 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, I'm not 'excusing' anything whatsoever, just offering some possible explanations. In this case, I agree that the accounts are probably the same as before, but I do think they are run by multiple people. Again, it's not an excuse, I'm just saying that this might explain why similar things keep happening with supposedly 'different' ebay sellers.

49Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sat May 08, 2021 9:42 am

Chip

Further thought regarding pre orders , it seems many manufacturers seem hidden regarding contacting them direct , it would be reassuring to know that at least the manufacturers themselves aim to make the stock available by the dates provided by sellers . I bet a lot of fake selling of items could be weeded out this way . It is the time lapse that can prevent you getting your money back through eBay , that`s what needs to be addressed by eBay , if they not willing to back up buyers over a certain time period , then don`t let sellers give dates that surpass it , or maybe prevent them taking funds till the item has shipped , seems an easy enough fix don`t it ?

50Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sat May 08, 2021 4:39 pm

venator5

venator5
My personal experiences!

5thlj : Had a similar pre order a year ago package arriwed 3 months later.

cxy2019

lwstore

lwstore2013 I am in the middle of things with this guy. At this point I give him a last warning before the eventstorm comes.

mny19-53i

red_star2013 I have bought figure and item from this seller not problems.

red_star1689: Refound request in progress!

red_star201349

sc_store999

sc_store9999 : Had two order for small items, no issues, I have an order from Jan which is suspicious!

sc9991589

springwindblowing

sunnymayhair: small deals have done, packaking was not protective once.

starshop*2012

TOTOTOYS2015 Had order: wrong description. I8Toys has an info about this seller being fraudulant on their facebook page about the figure "Katherine"

xiangwyan_0

51Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon May 10, 2021 4:40 am

venator5

venator5
Okey right now I have decided to cancel all my pre orders!

I was able to contact sc_strore9999 and red_star1689.

Was unable to reach lwstore2013. I needed ebay to step in. Whish me luck!

52Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon May 10, 2021 4:43 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Good luck, venator5! And thank you for sharing your ebay experiences here, it's very helpful!

53Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon May 10, 2021 4:46 am

venator5

venator5
skywalkersaga wrote:Good luck, venator5! And thank you for sharing your ebay experiences here, it's very helpful!

It is sad that things going this way. But It must be done.

54Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon May 10, 2021 9:46 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
I wish You strong nerves for that what will come now, Venetor. E- Bay and Paypal telephone operators are a very special Kind of people.

55Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Tue May 11, 2021 3:20 am

venator5

venator5
Current status update:

lwstore2013: VCF 2036 2.0 figure: Does not answers messages Ebay customer help needed. The order happened in Aug. Ebay asks me to have comfirmation from my bank for refound, I will wisit my bank today.

sc_store9999: 1/6 figure Katherine: Answered my message in one day, Currently we agreed upon asking some hard questions to his supplier, final decision will be based on their answers.

red_star1689: Answered message: we agreed upon an additional 30 days if the product still not be shipped he will give me a refound.

56Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sat May 15, 2021 10:48 am

venator5

venator5
Current status update! 05.15
Note: only pre orders seems to be influenced somehow, at the day of 05.10 I ordered an in stock figure and it is already in Hungary. ( my country)

lwstore2013: no contact, order dropped, will go to the bank for my money.

sc_ store9999: answered mails, contacted supplier supplier told that the figure could be shipped in jun. We made an aggrement in which I will wait till jun 30. And if the figure is still not shipped by the supplier he will give refound.

red_star1689: similar aggrement as above.

57Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Tue May 18, 2021 2:35 am

glitch

glitch
venator5 wrote:Current status update! 05.15
Note: only pre orders seems to be influenced somehow, at the day of 05.10 I ordered an in stock figure and it is already in Hungary. ( my country)

sc_ store9999: answered mails, contacted supplier supplier told that the figure could be shipped in jun. We made an aggrement in which I will wait till jun 30. And if the figure is still not shipped by the supplier he will give refound.

Do not, i repeat, do NOT give them any additional days!
Thats what I did and then when I wanted to contact them again, they somehow blocked me!
The second you give them some room, they'll do everything in their power to avoid/block you. There is no negotiating with scam artists.
The stores you mentioned are all super shady, and not to be trusted from my own personal experience.
I won a figure from sc_store9999 two days ago. Got a message back saying they only had one in stock and that it was broken.
Went to check their store and they had another three advertisement on Buy It Now for the same figure, with an in stock number of 5.
I guess I got too good of deal or something. Got my refund right away at least.
Heck, sc_store is STILL trying to sell a figure that's literally been discontinued, and claiming that its a "pre-sale" item! That kind of crap really ticks me off!
Literally taking collectors for morons! Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 1f620

A good thing to remember is that most of the sellers you listed are being run by the same group of people. Don't trust any of them.

58Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Tue May 18, 2021 6:34 am

venator5

venator5
glitch wrote:
venator5 wrote:Current status update! 05.15

Do not, i repeat, do NOT give them any additional days!
Thats what I did and then when I wanted to contact them again, they somehow blocked me!
The second you give them some room, they'll do everything in their power to avoid/block you. There is no negotiating with scam artists.
The stores you mentioned are all super shady, and not to be trusted from my own personal experience.
I won a figure from sc_store9999 two days ago. Got a message back saying they only had one in stock and that it was broken.
Went to check their store and they had another three advertisement on Buy It Now for the same figure, with an in stock number of 5.
I guess I got too good of deal or something. Got my refund right away at least.
Heck, sc_store is STILL trying to sell a figure that's literally been discontinued, and claiming that its a "pre-sale" item! That kind of crap really ticks me off!
Literally taking collectors for morons! Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 1f620

A good thing to remember is that most of the sellers you listed are being run by the same group of people. Don't trust any of them.

The negotations and visits to various places are not over yet.

So for now.

Keeping contact sc_store9999 told him I have changed my mind and want a refound. The rest is up to his response.

red_star1689: unable to open case as the estimated time of item arrival will expire on jun 01. Then I can open a case for item did not arrived under ebay money back cover.

lwstore2013: bank visit, will tell the end here once it is over.

59Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Tue May 18, 2021 3:17 pm

glitch

glitch
It looks like sc_store still has these figures in stock, even though it's been canceled by TBLeague.  Very Happy

Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Screen13

60Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Tue May 18, 2021 3:31 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha, good catch, glitch. ;D

61Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Tue May 18, 2021 3:43 pm

venator5

venator5
I reported sc(ammer)_store9999 to ebay for fraud by two cases.

L(o)w(life)store and "(I want all my ratings as)red_star1689 will be reported too. In multipke cases if needs.

I hope they get the love from ebay!

62Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed May 19, 2021 2:41 am

glitch

glitch
venator5 wrote:I reported sc(ammer)_store9999 to ebay for fraud by two cases.

L(o)w(life)store and "(I want all my ratings as)red_star1689 will be reported too. In multipke cases if needs.

I hope they get the love from ebay!

Unfortunately, you'd have to report all of these stores as well:

cxy2019
lwstore
lwstore2013
mny19-53i
red_star2013
red_star201349
sc_store999
sc_store9999
sc9991589
springwindblowing
sunnymayhair
starshop*2012
tototoys2015
xiangwyan_0

As they're all being run by the same group. :S

I'm currently having another fun go around with tototoys.
*sigh* really getting sick of this crap...

63Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed May 19, 2021 2:54 am

venator5

venator5

Lwstore2013 is the most problematic one for me.

sc_store9999 at least acknowledges the fact that he can't ship the item due to "supplier issues" Right now he remommended me to pick an in stock item from him as an exchange for my order, it is still in progress.

red_star1689: went full lwstore2013 he does not answers my letter as for now. In jun 1 the extimated shipping time ends and I will have 30 days to open a item does not arrived case

64Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed May 19, 2021 3:30 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yikes, this is all very upsetting. I have used a lot of those stores for YEARS without any problems. Wtf is going on?

65Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed May 19, 2021 3:36 am

venator5

venator5
I don't know, but must have something to do with the recent mess, underpaid sellers looking for extras? Or maybe their bosses seeking for cheap money?

In all cases the fact that good old sellers just happens to be like that and they eventually deszroying their own ebay profiles is still weird for me

66Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed May 19, 2021 3:45 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
venator5 wrote:I don't know, but must have something to do with the recent mess, underpaid sellers looking for extras? Or maybe their bosses seeking for cheap money?

In all cases the fact that good old sellers just happens to be like that and they eventually deszroying their own ebay profiles is still  weird for me

Yeah, good points. But still, very disappointing. It's made me very wary of buying on ebay in general now. Feels like every purchase is a gamble. Whereas before, I used to feel most of these sellers were pretty solid.

67Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed May 19, 2021 4:06 am

venator5

venator5
Just imagine my case.

Buying from Ebay since 2013, i don't had any problems with orders and even pre orders and just happened to have 3 at the same time, and all of them are sellers whom I had orders before.

68Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed May 19, 2021 4:10 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
venator5 wrote:Just imagine my case.

Buying from Ebay since 2013, i don't had any problems with orders and even pre orders and just happened to have 3 at the same time, and all of them are sellers whom I had orders before.

Yes, must be so frustrating. I'm very sorry for your troubles!

69Ebay and other online Scammers - Page 3 Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed May 19, 2021 4:21 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
I wonder if it could also have to do with the destination country? Like Asmus has trouble sending to UK right now, might be true for some chinese sellers too.
On the other hand, they always can exclude certain countries when adding items to ebay...

So far, I still have no problems getting stuff from these sellers (unless it is a preorder which I don'T do anymore on ebay) this year

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum