OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
As you can see from the photos below, the bad guys of Stahtruppe have grown in number as Erika's Argentine and Paraguayan relatives keep popping out of the woodwork.  Uniforms and equipment continue to be an eclectic mix.  SS camo smocks have become popular with the members, though these are mixed with Heer (army) uniform items. I've recently acquired more helmets; most of the new ones being plastic as i find the metal ones, though nicer in some ways, make all but the Phicen figures kind of top heavy and more prone to tipping over.  So Phicen figures like Schatzie continue to wear metal helmets, the jointed figures are all wearing plastic ones now.  I've been adding things like bread bags and canteens, and when I can get them, cloth MP-40 magazine pouches, though these are hard to get parted out. Schatzie even has a bayonet for her Kar-98K. I've also gotten my hands on a few very nice potato masher grenades which I've passed around. These are all wood and metal and the end caps come off.

The chief weapon used by Stahltruppe is the MP-40 submachine gun, quite a few of which seem to have made their way to South America in suitcases when the Nazi ancestors of current Stahltruppe members fled Germany and war crimes trials to make new lives for themselves in Buenos Aires. The Mausers are mostly for sniping.  Lugers of course, remain THE iconic pistol of the 3rd Reich, despite the appearance of the P38.  

More bad guys still to come.  

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear. 51296727107_4af526b395_bPage_1 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear. 51298183634_f7f87e84f3_bPage_2 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear. 51297647798_b054ea3196_bPage_3 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear. 51297647253_4b899dca29_bPage_4 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear. 51296723762_6d128e04a9_bPage_5 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Dienamic

Dienamic
"smashes like button"

davidd

davidd
Fantastic new additions to the team! Carlos' black uniform is dramatic and striking. Alfried looks like a one-man army ready to take on, and vanquish, all comers!

And to quote the Disney movie "The Pirate Fairy," in regard to Erika: Gotta love the boots!

(Erika apparently learned a lesson about desert survival from her encounter with Kamiko... and the snake!)

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Yeah...Alfried is an....Uber-Hombre?

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
It's always nice when the family gets together. Alfried looks like he's the only one apart from Erika who takes this seriously. I wonder if they got some relatives down in Brazil and Bolivia too, you never know when the family is big and you have like 10 brothers at least. Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear. 1f604

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear. 1f60e

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Theboo-bomb wrote:It's always nice when the family gets together. Alfried looks like he's the only one apart from Erika who takes this seriously. I wonder if they got some relatives down in Brazil and Bolivia too, you never know when the family is big and you have like 10 brothers at least.  Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear. 1f604

They probably have members coming from anywhere in South America where there are were little German colonies that popped up after WWII. Consequently, subsequent additions may take on a more "Latin American" look in some of their uniforms and field gear, though one should not expect the stahelms or MP40's to disappear.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice additions. I wonder, though, if the men aren’t a bit over-dressed compared to the majority of your ladies. Wink Perhaps some shorts and unbuttoned sleeveless shirts…?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear. C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice additions. I wonder, though, if the men aren’t a bit over-dressed compared to the majority of your ladies. Wink Perhaps some shorts and unbuttoned sleeveless shirts…?

Agreed, however it will have to wait until I start getting some male seamless figures. Right now, all my male figures are jointed and I hate showing those joints.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking team Gary! Looking forward too seeing how they will fit into the Kamiko world Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice to see you filling out the ranks, of both good guys and bad, and guys and gals. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum