OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FORUM MILESTONE: 700 MEMBERS AND COUNTING

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Greetings all,

FORUM MILESTONE: 700 MEMBERS AND COUNTING Milst010

I’m excited to note that our little forum has grown to include 700 registered members – apart from the many additional unregistered visitors that visit us daily. It’s not about the numbers in themselves (and there is no revenue to be impacted), but it is encouraging to see it serve in one way or another so many people interested in our hobby.

Our little community has benefited and continues to benefit from the interactive shared advice and experiences of its members, and I thank those who have been active in that manner on behalf of us all, while encouraging others to participate with impressions of their own, questions, or just appreciation for the work they see posted. I’m glad to see us interact with civility, cooperation, and constructive criticism, and hope this continues. I would also like to single out for thanks the indefatigable Mark (Stryker2011) and those of you who have assisted him in sharing New Product Announcements – a tedious but appreciated effort – while reminding some others that there are also other sections of the forum to enjoy and partake in. 😊

I hope our forum will continue to inform and entertain our current and future members in a constructive and welcoming space, and take the opportunity to remind all of the forum policy.

Thank you again for your contribution to common experience.

davidd

davidd
Always happy to see new "faces" - or user names - pop up in the active discussions; and its even better when they keep coming back to become one of the "regulars."

Yes, a special shout-out to Stryker2011 and the others who keep us apprised of new product announcements is well warranted. It is a useful... albeit sometimes expensive... feature.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
FORUM MILESTONE: 700 MEMBERS AND COUNTING Photo100-viHosted on Fotki
Congrats on the 700 MEMBERS MILESTONE OSF!

Indeed a shout-out to GubernatorFan, Stryker2011 and the others that keeps this forum running smoothly!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Congrats to all our members for yet another milestone.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

FORUM MILESTONE: 700 MEMBERS AND COUNTING C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
Excellent and healthy growth Smile
Thank you admins and mods

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:
FORUM MILESTONE: 700 MEMBERS AND COUNTING Photo100-vi

Forget Disney World.  I want to spend my vacation at Bad Wolf’s place!

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Xavion2004 wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:
FORUM MILESTONE: 700 MEMBERS AND COUNTING Photo100-vi

Forget Disney World.  I want to spend my vacation at Bad Wolf’s place!

LoL thanks.

Kayla

Kayla
Congratulations on this milestone! FORUM MILESTONE: 700 MEMBERS AND COUNTING G0601

I'm not very active here yet, but I like the atmosphere. A very nice interaction between the members and a diverse range of knowledge and creativity. FORUM MILESTONE: 700 MEMBERS AND COUNTING A1225

BAMComix

BAMComix
Marvelous! long may the forum continue to grow and share!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Congrats, all, on another milestone! 🥳

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

davidd

davidd
My curiosity was piqued by the recent "Four Year Anniversary" post (congrats on that, OSF!) as to how many of the 700+ members of the forum might be considered to be "active" members. When I visit the forum, I tend to recognize the same relative handful of names among the most active participants.

Out of curiosity, I just looked at the members list (there's a link to the Memberlist in the header at the top of the page) and counted the number of members who have visited since 1 February (Feb and March 2022) who have five or more posts.

Ninety-three. 93 out of 700 have "participated" to any significant extent in the last two months.

90 have "participated" since the beginning of March.

85 have "participated" since mid-March (14 March).

I think it would be fair to round up that number to say the forum has approximately 100 "active" members. Which, for a specialized hobby forum today, is a pretty good sized active membership, and far larger than the dozen or fewer active members on the three or four other forums on which I continue to participate.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
davidd wrote:My curiosity was piqued by the recent "Four Year Anniversary" post (congrats on that, OSF!) as to how many of the 700+ members of the forum might be considered to be "active" members. When I visit the forum, I tend to recognize the same relative handful of names among the most active participants.

Out of curiosity, I just looked at the members list (there's a link to the Memberlist in the header at the top of the page) and counted the number of members who have visited since 1 February (Feb and March 2022) who have five or more posts.

Ninety-three. 93 out of 700 have "participated" to any significant extent in the last two months.

90 have "participated" since the beginning of March.

85 have "participated" since mid-March (14 March).

I think it would be fair to round up that number to say the forum has approximately 100 "active" members. Which, for a specialized hobby forum today, is a pretty good sized active membership, and far larger than the dozen or fewer active members on the three or four other forums on which I continue to participate.

I guess OSF could try doing a roll call sometime?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Like I just wrote in the other thread, I generally hope people will be contribute more and also be more interactive with each other (in the good sense, of course). To the point that I sometimes get annoyed at "self-centered" members who are not interactive. But I also realize that (a) not everyone is a "host" of this forum, (b) not everyone has the time or patience, (c) not everyone can appreciate things outside of their preferred themes and genres. And, as long as this place provides to its members information that inspires or informs them, and as long as at least a good number of them do interact, we are better off with it than without it. On the whole, I have enjoyed this site quite consistently and have learned a lot from other members.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Oh ! Holy Cow ! 700 ! Ophelia Sweetchuck forgot to cheer, sorry here she is. Laughing

FORUM MILESTONE: 700 MEMBERS AND COUNTING 00325

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Cool pic (and figure) Ephiane cheers

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, Ophelia! Great name for that character.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hey, Ephi! Nice to see you back with another great figure and pic.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

FORUM MILESTONE: 700 MEMBERS AND COUNTING C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum