OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

davidd

After two weeks of having time to regain my composure, I think I will try to cancel my pre-orders for these figures. While I have a few 1/12 figs, it's not really my preferred scale. They're really cool, there's not an issue with the figures. It's just that... I really do not "need" them, nor do I "want" to expand in to a completely different scale.

I'll probably regret cancelling the pre-order as soon as the figs start showing up in owner photos. But I need to at least try to be a bit more practical. Which will I regret more: having the figures be amazing and not getting them, or getting them and then kicking myself for spending the money on something I won't really get much use or enjoyment from?

londonroadhog

davidd wrote:After two weeks of having time to regain my composure, I think I will try to cancel my pre-orders for these figures. While I have a few 1/12 figs, it's not really my preferred scale. They're really cool, there's not an issue with the figures. It's just that... I really do not "need" them, nor do I "want" to expand in to a completely different scale.

I'll probably regret cancelling the pre-order as soon as the figs start showing up in owner photos. But I need to at least try to be a bit more practical. Which will I regret more: having the figures be amazing and not getting them, or getting them and then kicking myself for spending the money on something I won't really get much use or enjoyment from?

All good points Dave... I had 1/12 before I got to 1/6. I went to 1/6 because there wasn't the choice of figures nor clothing for 1/12. But accessories, were in great supply as it is Doll House scale. I am committed to 1/6 for Spy Camp, etc. But I've moved the Red Sonja story back to 1/12, and am now heavily investing in fantasy 1/12 as it is that theme...

I am sure you'll be able to cancel your order. I think the thing to do, is ignore the in hand pics when they come. See them and say "yeah they're cool, but not the scale I need". Then you won't feel so bad... Hopefully.

Xavion2004

davidd wrote:

Honestly, you’ll have plenty of time between the first in hand pics hitting and the figures arriving at BBTS. Also, it’s rare that 1/12 figures pre-sell out or even sell through as quickly as their 1/6 counterparts, so I think you’re good.

Diana

davidd wrote:[...] I think I will try to cancel my pre-orders for these figures. [...]

Which will I regret more: having the figures be amazing and not getting them, or getting them and then kicking myself for spending the money on something I won't really get much use or enjoyment from?

This hobby isn't about "need" really. Additionally, the scale is cheaper and space saving, and more accessories are being annouced all the time. Companies are clearly catching on, thanks to TBLs seamless bodies. And I do think these will be easy to sell at cost or higher, BUT...

Selling them later of course means hassle. And Xavion makes a good point when saying that these 1/12 figures have rarely if ever sold out at the pre-order stage.

Although I can imagine there being a couple of colors that get fewer pre-orders and therefore a smaller production run. And once they are released I can imagine those people running to the stores trying to complete the set after all, so maybe a couple of them will sell out fast. But those would probably see a second production run as Purgi and Vampi.

Those are the factors I'd consider. Smile

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I like the red one (C). Not sure if I'm getting her though.

It's nice that these figures got the humongous sword.

Kallor8

These look really good, and improve on a few of the issues I've had with the 1/12 TBL offerings so far. I like the fully armored torso so we don't have to deal with ill-fitting chest armor constantly falling, and those are some nicely detailed heads assuming they still look close to the pictures once in hand.

Diana

Diana
I got invoiced for these so they will be on their way shortly from Giantoy. bounce
I haven't ordered D and E after all. I'm pretty sure I'd regret spending the money. I slightly regret ordering F as well, but I'll decide on that when she's here. I do think her more or less neutral colors will go well with A, B and C and I like the leathery look.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I received my invoice from Giantoy as well.  I’m pretty excited about them, and it’s especially nice to have something 1/12 on the way.  That’s always been my wheelhouse.

I only pre-ordered A and B for now, but I’m sure I will love them and be interested in picking up at least one or two more eventually.

davidd

davidd
Ohhh! They're being released! Now I'm regretting having cancelled my pre-order!
And now I don't have the money to get them!

Diana's topic with the military figure question has me interested in these figures again. It would be so cool to build an "armored Sailor Moon army!"

But the 1/6 Saintess Knights are pretty cool, too... although they lack the cute colorful skirts.

Now I'm wondering if I have anything left that I could sell on eBay fast before the Imperial Guardians sell out.

Take lots of pictures when they arrive, okay?

Diana

Diana
davidd wrote:Ohhh! They're being released! Now I'm regretting having cancelled my pre-order!
And now I don't have the money to get them!

Diana's topic with the military figure question has me interested in these figures again. It would be so cool to build an "armored Sailor Moon army!"

But the 1/6 Saintess Knights are pretty cool, too... although they lack the cute colorful skirts.

Now I'm wondering if I have anything left that I could sell on eBay fast before the Imperial Guardians sell out.

Take lots of pictures when they arrive, okay?
Laughing I LOVE IT! Very Happy
I certainly will. And now I'm wondering whether to get D and E after all. More color options...  Rolling Eyes

I like the Saintess Knights, too, but as mentioned in that 1/6 thread, I'm hoping for a 1/12 release. They would look so good with these ladies!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Seeing the fake army shot made me smile and think of Meet the Spartans.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I didn’t even realize these had shipped, and they’re already in Orlando. I doubt I’ll get the, tomorrow, but it’s looking good for Monday, and I have the day off, so the timing would be perfect.

davidd

davidd
I'm tempted to order one or two... can't have just one, so it'd have to be two... to see what they're like!

EDIT: sufficiently tempted, in fact, that I now have two 1/12 Imperial Guardians on the way from Giantoy. I went for "D" (blue - which I would call orange) and "E" (red).
Embarassed

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana wrote:I got invoiced for these so they will be on their way shortly from Giantoy. bounce
I haven't ordered D and E after all. I'm pretty sure I'd regret spending the money. I slightly regret ordering F as well, but I'll decide on that when she's here. I do think her more or less neutral colors will go well with A, B and C and I like the leathery look.
I think A, B, C and F will look great together.

Diana

Diana
I should be getting mine today! Sadly I have plans tonight, so unboxing and photos may have to wait until tomorrow.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Diana wrote:I should be getting mine today! Sadly I have plans tonight, so unboxing and photos may have to wait until tomorrow.

Plans? PLANS?! NO! You shall stay home and unbox and take photos! There is no having fun outside this hobby! Wink Laughing

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana wrote:I should be getting mine today! Sadly I have plans tonight, so unboxing and photos may have to wait until tomorrow.
The plan isn't to unbox and take photo's? I'm shocked Shocked

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:Plans? PLANS?! NO! You shall stay home and unbox and take photos! There is no having fun outside this hobby! Wink Laughing

TravelGuide wrote:The plan isn't to unbox and take photo's? I'm shocked Shocked

Laughing

Sadly no. And I wish I could cancel but that wouldn't be right. Rolling Eyes

But there are still a few hours in the day left! I'm getting A and B today. I don't intend to make an unboxing video, as there usually isn't much to unbox with these, so maybe there is enough time for a few quick snap shots tonight! bounce

Diana

Diana
Soo... I had another excuse to cancel plans and went for it.  What a Face

I didn't photograph all layers of the box, since I'm sure we all know by now what they look like.
I also only noticed after the shoot that the Silver guardian needed her leather girdle stuffed under the armour, which was no problem.
I'm not sure whether that white skirt was already dirty. That could have been my bad. But I like it so it doesn't matter. Laughing

Looking forward to C and F! They've only just been shipped because they overlooked my payment, but of course Amelia took immediate care of it. Smile

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2212
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2213
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2214
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2216
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2215
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2217
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2218
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2219
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2314
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2316
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2315
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2317
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2319
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2318
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2320
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2321
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 Img_2322

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
While I appreciate all the photos, I seriously hope you didn’t actually cancel plans to do this (I was only teasing earlier).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 1) - Page 2 C8485110

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:While I appreciate all the photos, I seriously hope you didn’t actually cancel plans to do this (I was only teasing earlier).

LOL, no. I didn't really want to go in the first place. Wink

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Thank you for the great photos, Diana.   The armor is very nice, especially for this scale.  The swords look like they’re in 1/6 scale.  They would have to have scabbards on their backs to carry those things!   Again, given the scale, paint details look to be very well done.

I do have one pet peeve though, and that’s the hair.  It looks like they just randomly hacked it off at the bottom, and it’s not even.  As much as I love the Spartan Commander (Black) in the 1/6 line, they did the same thing to her…cut the hair quite a bit shorter than the prototype and left it completely uneven.  I wish TBL would leave it to us to cut our dolls’ hair if we think it’s too long.

In general though, I think they came out very well!

EDIT:  Oh, I see now.  The hair is cut even, it’s just swept up and under a bit.  I didn’t notice until I took another look at the picture from the back. Their faces are beautiful.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad you're happy with your new acquisitions, Diana.

davidd

davidd
Impressive level of detail for such small figures.

Did you have to buckle the straps behind the knees? That looks like... not fun.

Do the helmets fit over the head, or in place of the head?

Diana

Diana
davidd wrote:Impressive level of detail for such small figures.

Did you have to buckle the straps behind the knees? That looks like... not fun.

Do the helmets fit over the head, or in place of the head?

No, I didn't have to buckle anything. It was all very easy. Smile
But no, I haven't tried fitting the helmet over the head since I don't care to display them with the helmets. Though I realise that would have been a good addition to this shoot. Laughing Rolling Eyes

Xavion2004 wrote:I do have one pet peeve though, and that’s the hair.  It looks like they just randomly hacked it off at the bottom, and it’s not even.  As much as I love the Spartan Commander (Black) in the 1/6 line, they did the same thing to her…cut the hair quite a bit shorter than the prototype and left it completely uneven.  I wish TBL would leave it to us to cut our dolls’ hair if we think it’s too long.

In general though, I think they came out very well!

EDIT:  Oh, I see now.  The hair is cut even, it’s just swept up and under a bit.  I didn’t notice until I took another look at the picture from the back.  Their faces are beautiful.
No I think you're right. I wish the hair was a little longer or evenly cut, since it can't but fall this way, which looks off. Or constantly windswept. But I don't mind it too much. ^^

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thanks for the pics! They do look nice. Great detail for such small figures.

Diana wrote:
I'm not sure whether that white skirt was already dirty. That could have been my bad. But I like it so it doesn't matter. Laughing
I assume it was, because at the 1/6 version the skirt was also dirtied up.

suo76

Thanks for the pictures, Diana. That really helps with the decision to buy some of these. Laughing

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I was very surprised to return home last night from a visit to the in-laws and find a package from Giantoy at the front door.

I  wasn’t expecting them until Monday.   I got the same two that Diana did, so I really don’t have anything to add.  My in-hand impressions are pretty much the same as my initial impressions when I saw Diana’s pics.  The armor is very well done.  The pieces fit together beautifully while allowing a full range of motion.  The clothing is well made with proper hems and stitching.  The paint from the faces to the individual pieces of armor are nice and clean.

The size of the weapons (too big) and the hair (too short) are the only drawbacks for me.  With respect for the latter, I just gave the silver version a warm rinse and I’m allowing it to set.  I think I can get a look I’m happy with.

I definitely prefer the Golden version over the Silver.   She has a little more personality in her sculpt and her hair is a bit longer.  I also like black and gold color scheme better.   As Diana noted, the white skirt on the Silver version looks like she’s been making sandcastles at the beach.   TBL went for that same “weathered” look with the Silver Spartan Commander, so it must be intentional.

I’m happy with my purchase, but I don’t feel compelled to rush out and buy the rest.   I want to see some in-hand pics first.  If the head-sculpt, hair, and overall look on one or more of the others really stands out then I’m in.  Otherwise I’m happy with the two I have.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The ones I preordered are taking forever to reach me.

Shipped out by GianToy on the 3rd, and still not in the UK yet.  Evil or Very Mad

Also waiting impatiently on the Worldbox 'Butcher' figure and a custom piece from Etsy.

@###!!"@ this supply chain madness! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum