OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Moonbase Alpha Male

skywalkersaga wrote:Lucy Lawless was indeed great, as always.

Lucy rules my 1/6 Romans, as well.  As you might expect, Lucretia used to keep company with Crixus (first pic is almost 10 years old); but recently, she has switched to Vorenus.

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) - Page 2 Crixus10
NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) - Page 2 Vorenu10

skywalkersaga

LOL, well she has good taste, either way. Wink

(Great pics, btw!!)

Ovy

Haha thanks you two on your opinions. The show is definitely marked for 'casual watching' while working on figures.

Nice painted dio backdrop on the second pic MBAM. And I see you have a little gladiator figurine in the back. Another reminder how old our hobby already is. Someone been to the Colosseum? The backstage/tourist/merchroom back then (now museum) was kinda cool. They made all those scale statues of famous gladiators to buy and collect by bloodthirsty fans.  

I imagine if I lived in Rome some two thousand years ago, I would work on figure sculpting while binging the games from midday (animal slaughter action) to the finals in the evening with the boys.

On market days I'd shout out and post notes on the Forum Romanum to sell some figures, meet my buddies Gubernatius Fanaticus and Strikerius Duomilia Undecimus to have a philosophical chat with Scythica Britannica on accurate depictions of characters of the famous play 'De Bello Stellario' or on customizing heads with Barbarian hair.
We would meet other people with the same Sixth World Problems as us, who run out of space in their domi, can't find the right bronze tone to match their new custom heads (because their favourite gladiator was slaughtered by a lion again)  and Spucius Reverendius would appear from time to time, preseting his works Domus Magicus and Rex Radio.

Well probably I would be a slave working on a slave wage in cheap figure workshops, but I could have fun with my hobby at least. Razz

Moonbase Alpha Male

Ovy wrote:Haha thanks you two on your opinions. The show is definitely marked for 'casual watching' while working on figures.

Nice painted dio backdrop on the second pic MBAM. And I see you have a little gladiator figurine in the back. Another reminder how old our hobby already is. Someone been to the Colosseum? The backstage/tourist/merchroom back then (now museum) was kinda cool. They made all those scale statues of famous gladiators to buy and collect by bloodthirsty fans.  

I imagine if I lived in Rome some two thousand years ago, I would work on figure sculpting while binging the games from midday (animal slaughter action) to the finals in the evening with the boys.

On market days I'd shout out and post notes on the Forum Romanum to sell some figures, meet my buddies Gubernatius Fanaticus and Strikerius Duomilia Undecimus to have a philosophical chat with Scythica Britannica on accurate depictions of characters of the famous play 'De Bello Stellario' or on customizing heads with Barbarian hair.
We would meet other people with the same Sixth World Problems as us, who run out of space in their domi, can't find the right bronze tone to match their new custom heads (because their favourite gladiator was slaughtered by a lion again)  and Spucius Reverendius would appear from time to time, preseting his works Domus Magicus and Rex Radio.

Well probably I would be a slave working on a slave wage in cheap figure workshops, but I could have fun with my hobby at least. Razz

Ha!  I bet the Calidum Nugas shop would put you right to work on those Gladiators: Endgame figures.  Thanks for the comments.  The background mini figure works fine as someone’s Gladiator Souvenir as you suggest, but actually I was thinking of a mini temple to the household Gods (lares).  There is an arch frame, a mini female figure as well, and some offerings.

Talking about the dio painted background actually lets me pass on a potentially useful tip.  All due credit goes to Publius Fannius Synistor (sounds like a joke name, but it’s real).  If you go to the Metropolitan Museum website they have fantastic reproductions of some frescoes from Pompei or nearby, particularly Boscoreale: Frescoes from the Villa of P. Fannius Synistor https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/247017.  They are public domain, downloadable and high res suitable for printing, and you can actually combine several components in a row to get quite a long 1/6 villa wall backdrop.  The fact that rich Roman villa interiors featured these trompe l’oeil landscapes as if the walls were transparent makes them fantastic backdrops for Roman figures.  Can you imagine if someone told the artist who originally painted these as someone’s upscale home Décor, that two thousand years later and half a world away, someone would be “downloading” a “photograph” of his work over the “internet,” and still using his art as a backdrop for Roman figures.

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) - Page 2 Dp170910

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent scenes, MBAM, I've missed the glimpses into your collections. Loved the backdrops and recognized it for what it is -- and how appropriate it was for such figures and items. Speaking of items, excellent sixth-scale Roman or Roman-like pieces. And thanks for the links to the Met.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
By Jupiter’s Cock that likeness is a little off. I chatted to Manu for 90 mins on my podcast couple years back. Lovely guy and got him to say by jupiters cock lol.

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
lurpdog101 wrote:By Jupiter’s Cock that likeness is a little off. I chatted to Manu for 90 mins on my podcast couple years back. Lovely guy and got him to say by jupiters cock lol.

Lucky you!!! Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
lurpdog101 wrote:By Jupiter’s Cock that likeness is a little off. I chatted to Manu for 90 mins on my podcast couple years back. Lovely guy and got him to say by jupiters cock lol.

Nice! You are trouble! Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

Ha! That’s awesome!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS Empire Legion - Undefeated Myth (HH18046) - Page 2 C8485110

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Haha thanks. If anyone interested here’s the link…was cut down to 48 mins lol

https://pdcn.co/e/www.buzzsprout.com/217879/2430539-spartacus-hobbit-shannara-chronicles-more-with-actor-manu-bennett.mp3?download=true

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:My go-to guy at Toy Square actually still has one, and I actually came 90% close to buying it.  (In the period where the storefront was shut down for COVID, and nothing new was coming in, I was searching through all his back inventory for a hit -- got down to 3 choices, ie him, Assassin's Creed Bayek, and the HY Greek Infantry, and I bought the latter two).  In my own defence, only one of the promo pics shows him unmasked and [EMBARRASSING] I never realized it was Cena.  Thanks very much for looking into it.  For the record it was a Shanghai Wonder Festival 2020 Venue Limited Edition.

It is for sale, with a discount, by Timewalker Toys --
https://www.timewalkertoys.com/Hunting-Ground-Fighter-Shanghai-WF2020-Venue-Limit-p/hy-hhw001.htm

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:My go-to guy at Toy Square actually still has one, and I actually came 90% close to buying it.  (In the period where the storefront was shut down for COVID, and nothing new was coming in, I was searching through all his back inventory for a hit -- got down to 3 choices, ie him, Assassin's Creed Bayek, and the HY Greek Infantry, and I bought the latter two).  In my own defence, only one of the promo pics shows him unmasked and [EMBARRASSING] I never realized it was Cena.  Thanks very much for looking into it.  For the record it was a Shanghai Wonder Festival 2020 Venue Limited Edition.

It is for sale, with a discount, by Timewalker Toys --
https://www.timewalkertoys.com/Hunting-Ground-Fighter-Shanghai-WF2020-Venue-Limit-p/hy-hhw001.htm

Three things make him less appealing: (1) it's a jointed body still commanding about the same price for which HY is now providing seamless; (2) apparently the joints are poor if YouTube is to be believed. And (3) worst of all, the cool carried severed head isn't what I thought it was -- it's a one piece sculpted left hand holding the head, which is way less interesting. Otherwise I'd have bought him.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Three things make him less appealing:  (1) it's a jointed body still commanding about the same price for which HY is now providing seamless; (2) apparently the joints are poor if YouTube is to be believed.  And (3) worst of all, the cool carried severed head isn't what I thought it was -- it's a one piece sculpted left hand holding the head, which is way less interesting.  Otherwise I'd have bought him.

Well, no pressure. I don't work for them, just remember you were kinda interested in that figure. It is still a hefty price for something that doesn't quite measure up to what you want or what you ought to have (but then again, what is?). I don't know which body this is; they usually use Coo Model bodies, and (Stryker will disagree) these have been reasonably ok when I have gotten them from parted out sets. This may be different, given how muscular it is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum