OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
I’m putting small 4 man team of 1er REP together - 1st Foreign Parachute Regiment - in Algeria. Had them previously but shifted and put uniforms etc in storage for everything. Putting them back together and updating with newer bodies and heads etc. figures mostly used with DID/LFA Henri parts with new dam bodies, real leather boots, custom Kepi and rank and AA52 made from a resin kit I bought couple years back. I have another to build yet Smile I know the Kepi wouldn’t really have been worn as the FFL preferred to wear berets but I wanted to show it off lol

The 1st Foreign Parachute Regiment (1er REP) was an airborne unit of the French Foreign Legion. Formed as a battalion in Algeria in 1948, the unit participated in the First Indochina War (1946-54), where it was two times annihilated in action. In 1955, the battalion returned to North Africa to become a regiment and to take part in the Algerian War (1954-62). In the late 1950’s, the 1er REP was called the most elite regiment of the French Army. The history of that prestigious unit of the Legion prematurely ended in April 1961, due to its active participation in the Generals’ putsch of Algiers.

These are the first two

1er REP gunner, Algeria with AA52

1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_1912
1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_1911
1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_1910

1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_1913
1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_1914
1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_1915

1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_1916

Sgt Chef, 1er REP, Algeria

1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_2043
1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_2045
1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_2044

1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_2047
1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_2048
1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_2046
1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_2049
1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_2050

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look excellent, overall and in detail (glorious detail). The map, however, possibly suggests they are still in France, from what I can make out on it. Wink

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
GubernatorFan wrote:They look excellent, overall and in detail (glorious detail). The map, however, possibly suggests they are still in France, from what I can make out on it. Wink

Thank you Smile actually it’s a print out of a real vintage map of the town of Oran in Northern Algeria Smile

1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Img_1917

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is Oran! I should have known the French would have given French names (including the names of Christian saints) to local features. Nice attention to detail, in this respect too!

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Haha thanks. Yeah. There was also Phillipeville too, amongst others. Good old colonialism! Wink

csyeung

csyeung
Looks very cool! I like all the tiny details.

Chip

I really like your figures , they look excellent .

shazzdan

shazzdan
Very cool. Looking forward to seeing all four together.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Both of these guys look great. While I understand your reservations about the Keli, I don’t mind it’s use here. Really well done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
beautiful troopers! I can only appreciate as a frenchy myself!

No worries about the Kepi, it's really the distinctive hat of the french foreign legion, and historically when all airborne troops were united as the "REP" and uniforms had to be common, the legion still refused the green beret for a few years. Even today for any celebration, march, or ceremony, the foreign legion wears the kepi (actually a white one, that proves you finished your classes. Officers wear it black with a red surrounding)

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
blackpool wrote:beautiful troopers! I can only appreciate as a frenchy myself!

No worries about the Kepi, it's really the distinctive hat of the french foreign legion, and historically when all airborne troops were united as the "REP" and uniforms had to be common, the legion still refused the green beret for a few years. Even today for any celebration, march, or ceremony, the foreign legion wears the kepi (actually a white one, that proves you finished your classes. Officers wear it black with a red surrounding)

Thanks. Yes, still many photos of them in Algeria with the “Kepi Blanc”. But most of ones I’ve seen with the paras are berets. Strange as I know the engineers and can etc still stuck to the Kepi. The guy wearing it is a sgt-chef, so yeah, the black one with the red top is correct for him. I might have another one wearing the Kepi-blanc too Smile

blackpool

blackpool
Paras from airborne infantry started wearing the green beret just after world war two if I'm correct (inspired by the british green berets) while the french foreign legion paras traditionally wore a khaki green and red cap. That's the one they kept mainly during Indochine war, and sometimes in African colonies until 1960

1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  Calot-legionnaire-mod%C3%A8le-46-indochine-afrique

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Thanks, yeah that’s what I’d read too. But mainly just the REP who wore them in Algeria as the colonial paras wore the biguard cap I believe. The French Commandos wore them in Algeria too, also green but different shade….and unlike the rest of the French army and FFL, the commandos kept the beret badge on the left rather than the right

blackpool

blackpool
yup it's quite hard to see but french army has at least three shades of green for berets... you know french fashion lmao Razz

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Some cool paratroopers for sure, I really love that French camo.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! 1er REP French Foreign Legion paratroopers, Algerian War  1f60e

ostfront43

ostfront43
Very cool, well done FFL troopers. So many details to take in. Looking forward to the other two!

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Theboo-bomb wrote:Some cool paratroopers for sure, I really love that French camo.

Thanks - yeah I love that pattern too. Distinctive and unique

ostfront43 wrote:Very cool, well done FFL troopers. So many details to take in. Looking forward to the other two!

Thanks Smile I have a 3rd which was ready, but I don’t like the fit of the uniform on the body…it’s a DAM 2.0 one. So I’m waiting on delivery of some DAM 3.0 bodies, which have much nicer fit (the gunner is using one of those, the sgt is on soldier story). The 4th is still boxed until the new bodies arrive, then need to find another good legionnaire style sculpt haha

BAMComix

BAMComix
wonderful figures! thanks for sharing! what sculpt did you use for the first guy? I would like to track on of those down bounce

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
BAMComix wrote:wonderful figures! thanks for sharing! what sculpt did you use for the first guy? I would like to track on of those down bounce

Thanks Smile it’s the one from the DAM 78055 USMC Recon diver Smile it’s a great sculpt. Rare to find clean shaven, crew cut sculpts nowadays

BAMComix

BAMComix
lurpdog101 wrote:
BAMComix wrote:wonderful figures! thanks for sharing! what sculpt did you use for the first guy? I would like to track on of those down bounce

Thanks Smile it’s the one from the DAM 78055 USMC Recon diver Smile it’s a great sculpt. Rare to find clean shaven, crew cut sculpts nowadays

Thanks so much! sounds as if they are difficult to find Sad

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
BAMComix wrote:

Yeah sadly. I think tmt hobby on eBay has one up at the moment, or did have. Someone in UK on eBay selling the figure for £80 too I think….body, head, hands, boots, uniform and couple of accessories, not much though, so quite expensive still

BAMComix

BAMComix
lurpdog101 wrote:
BAMComix wrote:

Yeah sadly. I think tmt hobby on eBay has one up at the moment, or did have. Someone in UK on eBay selling the figure for £80 too I think….body, head, hands, boots, uniform and couple of accessories, not much though, so quite expensive still

Thanks again for the tip Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
lurpdog101 wrote:

I was just going to ask this same thing! It frustrates me to no end how hard it is to find nice, clean-shaven male sculpts that don't look recognisably like a celeb. They are the most versatile sculpts for customizing and yet so rare these days. Looks like this one is only available as part of the full set atm, but I'll keep an eye out for it...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
Nice! That first guy looks intense.

That second one looks like he left some unresolved family duties behind at home, his bad conscience turning him into a father figure to the his FFL bois.

So DiD had that impulse to put their names on the zippers?

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great work ! They look very smart. The posing is very natural. That must be really hard job to close all the buckles and buttons

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum