OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

brazybear

Gorgeous, especially the dark one. Wish they did something like this for Bastet instead of a cat head.

Moonbase Alpha Male

GubernatorFan wrote:Good points. I can't bear to look at either of them, but isn't this fairly close to the accessories/clothing style for Bastet -- minus the pitch-black body and the animal head? They have used regular human bodies for their non-god figures (the two "Cleopatras," "Ankhesenamun" -- however they butchered her name, "Nefertiti," "Tutankhamun," and the forthcoming "Ramesses"); also, and that is actually accurate, a green one for "Osiris." The sundisk in horns element, and (not necessarily as part of the same crown) the circle of rearing cobras are plausible. So is the diminutive falcon-ended collar attaching from the collar -- except that is should not have been diminutive and should have been the actual collar. The ankh seems better than the earlier one, which came with "Anubis" (I think). Isis, like most gods, is at least sometimes portrayed brandishing an ankh, for example from the beautiful painted reliefs in the tomb of Rameses II's wife Nefertari, as below (note the scepter). It is beautiful -- well the "black" version is anyway -- but I wish if they were going to go that fanciful, they would make a cleaner break from the Egyptian references. As it is, it is false advertising, and a waste of talent, effort, and material -- in my opinion anyway. I have no delusions, merely disappointment -- because TBLegue could pull it off (it has excellent production quality) if it really tried. It occurred to me that perhaps ideally they would provide sets with sufficient alternative options to satisfy both the canon of Egyptian art and, electively, more fantastical custom renditions.

All good points -- so, "from your mouth to TBL's ear"...

To clarify one narrow point:  I didn't mean to say that Aset/Isis absolutely shouldn't have an Ankh.  But most TBL Gods already have Ankhs, and you can get Ankhs loose at Michaels Hobby Lobby etc, while Isis herself had her own specific version of the Ankh which was the Tyet.  So I wish they gave her that instead.  Easy enough to make one from Sculpey, I suppose.

Ghost808

More super pale Egyptians! If the ancient gods were real, somebody at tbleague would be getting struck by lighting, hit by a flood, plague, etc.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:While I can appreciate the frustration of the lack of historically accurate Ancient Egyptian items, I think folks are seriously deluding themselves to think this is something that TBLeague is going to provide — especially after all these years of them showing that they don’t DO historically accurate — EVER. Just saying…

Cue the Spice Girls, "I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want:"  with the considerable accomplishments of HAOYUTOYS on ancient Greeks, Romans and some Persians etc, doesn't it seem that they should move down into Egypt?  Give me some Haoyutoys historical-ish Egyptian humans -- say a regal Pharaoh and a foot soldier, of whom I'd buy multiples -- and a whole back row of fanciful TBL Egyptian Gods, and I would be ecstatic.

Yeah, I was going to suggest folks find a home page for HaoYuToys and start a campaign to get them to move to Ancient Egypt, since they do about the closest to “accurate” as we’re likely to get in this hobby. Expecting it from TBL is fruitless, as they only care about fantasy, and “sexy.”

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, I was going to suggest folks find a home page for HaoYuToys and start a campaign to get them to move to Ancient Egypt, since they do about the closest to “accurate” as we’re likely to get in this hobby. Expecting it from TBL is fruitless, as they only care about fantasy, and “sexy.”

Speaking of HaoYu, I finally broke down and ordered their ballista.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Since I don't collect tbleague figures, I'm not the most invested in what they put out, and tend to just look at each release to see what I could potentially use for kitbashing purposes. There's been a couple over the years I've been strongly tempted by (Kier Valkyrie, Nancy in Hell, and a couple others), but mostly I just pick up the parted-out bodies, heads, and a few accessories here and there.

That being said, I've been somewhat disappointed by tbleague's releases this year -- both their newer base bodies as well as their actual figures. It's only been the last couple that have had any parts that interest me -- specifically, the Ramesses' bald male headsculpt, the Saintess Knight body and suit, and now this Isis body. Hopefully I can manage to snag some of these, at least... ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, I was going to suggest folks find a home page for HaoYuToys and start a campaign to get them to move to Ancient Egypt, since they do about the closest to “accurate” as we’re likely to get in this hobby. Expecting it from TBL is fruitless, as they only care about fantasy, and “sexy.”

Speaking of HaoYu, I finally broke down and ordered their ballista.

Did you get it from Timewalker?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Did you get it from Timewalker?

Yes, indeed.

Diana

Diana
I'm so torn about these!

On the one hand the black one seems more fitting of course.
But I'm kinda tired of that look and the make-up is too heavy for my liking, though that usually gets toned down a little on the final product.

The white one has a stunning look and kinda reminds me of the Sorceress of Grayskull, which is a nice bonus!
But the black one has the nicer wings, necessary for the power pose...

I really don't want (to pay for) both...

Get the white one, then swap the head and get the black wings loose? Not entirely happy with that... Do I want to paint the wings then? Ooooh.... bounce

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Painting the wings would be fairly straightforward and lots of fun! (at least for me --- painting is my fave part of this hobby NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 1f49c )

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Painting the wings would be fairly straightforward and lots of fun! (at least for me --- painting is my fave part of this hobby  NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 1f49c )
So true. It's more the fear of not being able to sell it for what it was. But that's silly really. It WOULD be fun! Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
If selling it is an issue....you could always sell whatever is leftover parted-out, and possibly make even more back than what you would have selling it as just a boxed set.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:If selling it is an issue....you could always sell whatever is leftover parted-out, and possibly make even more back than what you would have selling it as just a boxed set.
LOL Thank you! You're absolutely right. These are my very own arguments, so clearly I'm right, too. Very Happy

Tabul

I'll be getting the body with her wings, the rest, it could be better. As for the head, is one of those things that you tell yourself is not worth getting, but you wish you could find it in ebay, in an auction that ends at midnight, so you can get it for a reasonable price. good luck future-self Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Just got invoiced for this by GianToy, so... coming soon.

Nekk-ra

Good to know. I have the white Aset/Isis on pre-order with BBTS. Wasn't going to get either version, but Diana's Sorceress of Grayskull comment was spot on because one of her iterations had an Egyptian-inspired design. However, I'd have to do something horrible to one of those cheap Ra heads at Monkey Depot to make her more accurate.

gooboo

This is getting parted out on ebay now. Don't think I'll be getting anything from this set.

Diana

Diana
gooboo wrote:This is getting parted out on ebay now. Don't think I'll be getting anything from this set.
Ooph! The haircut doesn't look good in the Ebay pictures. Looks like it was optimized to look good with the head gear, which is ok, because in contrast to other figures where the helmet hides the beauty of the heads, this one seems to enhance it for sure.

Both are on their way to me. Initially I just wanted one and sell the other, but I think I'll unbox both and put them on display together, mirroring the light and dark of the shamans. Especially with the different wing positions I think they will look great together, when I pose the white one with her folded wings in a kneeling position in front of the black one standing with her spread wings. NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 Boogie11

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
GianToy are sending mine by UbiPost and not by 4PX, which does not bode well for them getting here quickly (or even at all - Ubi managed to lose a preordered YMToys 'Sayo' sculpt for me before it even left China a few months ago, and now that sculpt is impossible to find).

Not happy Mad I sincerely hope that UbiPost is not going to become GT's shipper of choice.

It'll be a nervous wait.

As for the eb*y part-outs, Black's basic sculpt looks like another Adele-alike, a thinner-faced remix of the Gold Saintess Knight with different hair and paint job.

3Afr

3Afr
I share here some pictures (from a set of more than 130 images that has just been published on bbicn forum)...NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20111310
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20112110
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20113010

3Afr

3Afr
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20113910
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20115710
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20121210

3Afr

3Afr
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20121610
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20122010
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20123310

3Afr

3Afr
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20115711
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20121211
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20121611

3Afr

3Afr
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20122011
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20123311
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20130210

3Afr

3Afr
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20130510
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20141110
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20142910

3Afr

3Afr
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 20145010

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good. I have the Black version on PO — now the long wait…

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the photos, 3Afr. She is actually quite lovely, even if a poor rendition of Isis herself. But the look is striking, and I particularly like the head (even the head with the crown on, inaccuracies be damned). Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks for the photos!

Yeah I like it, Eye Of The Beholder and all that, but it looks better than in the promos to me. I was right, though - the basic head sculpt is very similar to the Gold Saintess Knight (which I love so it's not really a problem).

Mine is finally moving after five days sitting in an UbiPost depot somewhere, so fingers crossed I might actually have it by the end of this week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum