OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

3Afr

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 20145010

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Looks good. I have the Black version on PO — now the long wait…

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thanks for the photos, 3Afr. She is actually quite lovely, even if a poor rendition of Isis herself. But the look is striking, and I particularly like the head (even the head with the crown on, inaccuracies be damned). Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GeeWillikers

Thanks for the photos!

Yeah I like it, Eye Of The Beholder and all that, but it looks better than in the promos to me. I was right, though - the basic head sculpt is very similar to the Gold Saintess Knight (which I love so it's not really a problem).

Mine is finally moving after five days sitting in an UbiPost depot somewhere, so fingers crossed I might actually have it by the end of this week.

Diana

Diana
After seeing the Amazon Warrior (and definitely wanting both) I questioned whether I would want to keep these, but these photos suggest I will. Smile

Gorgeous! And this is one head that I actually prefer the look of WITH the head gear. (I really didn't like the ebay photos of both heads.) I love the expression, which is not as neutral as most releases.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:After seeing the Amazon Warrior (and definitely wanting both) I questioned whether I would want to keep these, but these photos suggest I will. Smile

Gorgeous! And this is one head that I actually prefer the look of WITH the head gear. (I really didn't like the ebay photos of both heads.) I love the expression, which is not as neutral as most releases.

I agree, there is something about the head with the crown on -- it is not the crown itself, but it helps with the hair? Smile

Tabul

lovely figures, too bad I’m not a fan of Egyptian mythology. Personally I only desired the body and the wings, which I got for 90 bucks, it’s been a while since I bought something expensive, but the new bodies were too tempting to pass. Have to wait a month now. As for the  head sculpts, I saw the in hand pictures in eBay and thought, they look terrible, but looking at the photos here, I got to say, they look really good. bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Tabul, if you were a fan of Egyptian mythology, you might actually find these annoying, as I do. Smile

Tabul

GubernatorFan wrote:Tabul, if you were a fan of Egyptian mythology, you might actually find these annoying, as I do. Smile
I prefer fantasy, unique, with no relation to any dogma or believes, no history or consensus. They don’t have to look radically different but it would be refreshing to see something different. For example imagine this, a figure like the s43 encapsulated by a monster with many arms and a hideous head like a skull over her head, you can only see her face, her breasts and part of her abdomen, the rest is covered with a grayish pale scaly body, she is 3 feet taller thanks to her lower extremities, 1 pair of insect like legs and tails that stick out from her shoulders long enough to grab anything she wants. Her back is covered with spines that go all the way to her neck, and her 8 arms… I can only dream to see such things, but I do appreciate what others create. Someone said this is an expensive hobby, he/she was right, maybe it is cheaper not be a fan of something…

csyeung

csyeung
These turned out nice!

Diana

Diana
They both arrived, so I opened one at random and was happy to find that it was the white version, because I wanted to supply photos of her. Smile

I gave up on the cloak. No idea how to tie it and where to put the strings, so I left it in the box.
While she is absolutely gorgeous and exactly as the promos suggest, I found myself not caring much for her. The Egyptian theme is just not mine and the Amazon Soldiers are in the back of my mind... Keeping all of them would be excessive, so I'm surprised to say that I'll be letting these two go to make more room for the Spartan/Amazon army. Smile

Here are the pictures:
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 0160
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 0264
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 0361
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 0460
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 0559
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 0658
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 0756
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 0855
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 0954
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 1050
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 1149
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 1243
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 1337

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Your pictures are very good cheers

The wings look nicely sculpted and painted.
Her face looks better with the headgear.
The body looks really good.
Seems there's some residue powder in her cleavage.

3Afr

3Afr
Very nice pictures. Very Happy and thanks for sharing

I still prefer the other version, this face does not please me too much. How to say, this look, these eyes gives me the impression that the miss is not very fit and has abused strange substances...

I'm continuing the Egypt series at TBL, but only the characters with black skin, so the kings, goddesses, with white skin I didn't take them...

I would have liked to see a goddess of this human style with a black body, like Bastet...

Now I'm waiting for Sobek

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the nice photos, Diana. Sorry you are not pleased with these, though I cannot blame you. A blonde Isis, even a blonde Halloween Isis cosplayer would always have had an uphill battle. She is actually a striking figure, but less compelling for this "role" -- and the black one is not particularly accurate either. Despite the differences, it is curious that this head, too, looks better with the crown. This closer look gives me a glimpse at some remarkably strange and unfortunate choices on the part of the costume design.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you can replace with head with dark hair and a less “drugged out” look, I think it would still be a very desirable figure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 C8485110

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
My problem continues to be that this looks nothing like the real Isis:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) - Page 3 79c36910

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL, well that one does look a little more like the real Isis, but Isis wore ankle-length tight dresses in Egyptian art.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Looking forward to mine.  This time around the in-hand pics, well-taken, surpass the promo pics.  I agree she looks much better with the crown, maybe getting some gravitas from it.  And I am so very thankful they made the crown removable (avoiding something I hated on some past releases) even though it probably requires a balancing act to keep it on.

By its nature something like this, essentially a beach ready human woman, requires less of a leap of faith than the various animal headed gods (her wings notwithstanding, as they seem ornamental like a thing apart).  They didn't really have to make the tough innovative style decisions this time around.  Which, to me, makes her appealing but less interesting.

shazzdan

shazzdan
GubernatorFan wrote:LOL, well that one does look a little more like the real Isis, but Isis wore ankle-length tight dresses in Egyptian art.
I loved watching Shazam as a kid. Isis was a spinoff.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh sheesh... another fake Isis to consider Rolling Eyes  ? Well, I guess that one cannot be blamed on TBLeague's imagination... Smile Since that one appears to be a modern woman possessed by Isis (or the latter's divine power), I suppose one can make greater allowances.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
shazzdan wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:LOL, well that one does look a little more like the real Isis, but Isis wore ankle-length tight dresses in Egyptian art.
I loved watching Shazam as a kid. Isis was a spinoff.

For some reason I can't quite put my finger on Smile , maybe your screen name, or the picture underneath, somehow this does not completely come as a surprise.

It was a quirk of copyright or licensing, I guess, that led to Shazam (whom I will always think of as Captain Marvel) being associated on TV with a new character Isis rather than his eventual peer DC Justice Leaguer Wonder Woman, who herself actually hit TV only just after Isis.  Isis certainly deserves to be more remembered though arguably the later creation of She-Ra was a nod in her direction.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum