OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“I had to find a way to stop them trying to kill me.” – Catwoman

In the last installment of Christopher Nolan’s the Dark Knight trilogy, the masked terrorist Bane with ruthless plans for Gotham drives Batman out of his self-imposed exile. Trusted by Batman yet in league with Bane, Catwoman meets up the Caped Crusader in the subway tunnels and leads him to a trap resulting in Bane nearly killing the Dark Knight.

To expand the collection based on The Dark Knight Trilogy movie, Hot Toys is excited to present one of the all-time favorite characters - Catwoman as 1/6th scale collectible figure.

Beautifully crafted based on the screen appearance of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman/ Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Trilogy, the figure features a newly painted head sculpt with long straight real fabric hair implantation, intricately designed one-piece suit in black and high heel boots, a pair of goggles, highly-detailed weapon and accessories including a pistol, a damaged batman cowl, goggles and matching hands for poses. In addition, the figure comes with a city sewer diorama figure inspired by the scene when Catwoman leads Batman into Bane’s trap.

This incredible Catwoman figure is an absolute must-have for Batman fans!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS627
PRODUCT NAMECATWOMAN
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 29 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS0
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY PAINTED HEAD SCULPT WITH MOVIE-ACCURATE FACIAL EXPRESSION AND MAKE-UP, DARK BROWN COLORED LONG STRAIGHT REAL FABRIC HAIR IMPLANTATION
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A.
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A.
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A.
The 1/6th scale Catwoman Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman/ Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Trilogy movie
- Newly painted head sculpt with movie-accurate facial expression and make-up
- Dark brown colored long straight real fabric hair implantation
- Newly designed specialized body with over 28 points of articulations
- Approximately 29 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of newly developed interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of hands for riding 1/6th scale Bat-pod collectible (MMS591)
- One (1) right hand for holding pistol
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
- One (1) set of one-piece patterned jumpsuit in black color with utility belt
- One (1) pair of black high-heel boots

Weapon:
- One (1) pistol

Accessories:
- One (1) damaged batman cowl
- One (1) pair of night-view goggles (with articulated function)
- A specially designed city sewer diorama figure stand with character backdrop

Release date: Approximately Q1 – Q2, 2023

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY and all related characters and elements © & ™
DC Comics and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. WB SHIELD: TM & © WBEI. (s21)

© 2021 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 11618
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 2951
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 3633
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 4572
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 5541
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 6506
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 7490
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 8462
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 9446
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 10423
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 11619
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 12383
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 13364
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 14340
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 15317
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 16293
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 17274

#newproduct #HotToys #DarkKnightTrilogy #Catwoman #female #movie #comicbook #DC #Batman

csyeung

csyeung
Looks mostly like a reissue? I hope it's more like Cap 2012 where there are improvements from the previous version. I think i saw some comparisons and there are slight improvements in the suit. I think the biggest thing was the deterioration of the boots and gloves. Hope they fix that for collectors.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love it, although of course I'd want an unmasked version (there are HT and knockoff ones, I know). But for me Michele Pfeiffer will always be Catwoman... Smile

shazzdan

shazzdan
If the mask can't be removed, they don't have to bother getting the head sculpt right.

bunnyfreakz

bunnyfreakz
IDK if they gonna improve boots and sleeve. That's the bad parts that gone bad and deteriorate.

brazybear

brazybear
I always think it's so funny how the posability is so bad on these figures that the 'action' poses are just the figure tilted forward but still in almost the same 'standing' pose.

She's brushing her hair aside, NOT punching herself in the face Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The backdrop/base is a nice addition.

Anyone see the absolutely stunning (but expensive beyond reason) Infinity Studio life-size bust of Anne's Selina Kyle? It's truly amazing, but the cost --!!! ($3,705)!!! (For that kind of money, it should have been the entire figure.)

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 27112010
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 27112011
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 27112012
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 27112014
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 27112013

And, Ian -- Julie Newmar will ALWAYS be Catwoman!!! End of story!  Wink

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL ok, in my defense, I have not watched that version. You are right about the Anne statue and cost. It should have been a complete figure. And an articulated one at that...

shazzdan

shazzdan
2nd vote for Julie Newmar.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
No mention of the eye mask in the list but i'm pretty sure it's removable.
Sewer diorama looks great! Would love that for my T2 T800 Arnie or Sarah Connor.
Too bad HT isn't going to fix Selina's leather deterioration issue.

Since you guys mentioned Julie Newmar, thought i'd post this nice custom JN Catwoman i have in my files, i don't recall where i found it.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) Custom10

shazzdan

shazzdan
rollotomasi wrote:No mention of the eye mask in the list but i'm pretty sure it's removable.
Sewer diorama looks great! Would love that for my T2 T800 Arnie or Sarah Connor.
Too bad HT isn't going to fix Selina's leather deterioration issue.

Since you guys mentioned Julie Newmar, thought i'd post this nice custom JN Catwoman i have in my files, i don't recall where i found it.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) Custom10

Batgirl and Catwoman. Here is Julie with the drop on Batman
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) 1496205245_image

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Three women played Catwoman opposite Adam West Batman.  The other two also deserve a mention -- and a 1/6 figure: Lee Meriwether (movie) and Eartha Kitt (final season).

So weird that this HT figure still lacks an unmasked likeness, though it's 95% of the way there with such a small, simple separate piece mask (and an Anne Hathaway sculpt would clearly have been very desirable).  Now that we have a Version 2 and still no unmasked sculpt, we know it's not simply another case of HT saving their unmasked for Version 2, as they did with Black Panther.  So there must be some other weird contractual reason -- like maybe they could only get comics and movie character rights from DC/WB, but no license approval from Anne Hathaway herself, and they decided to go ahead anyway.  Yet Infinity was able to license actual Anne Hathaway likeness rights -- maybe that's why it's so expensive?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The first version was able to be unmasked. I have an extra Anne head sculpt from that first HT Selina Kyle figure.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY CATWOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (REISSUE) C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:The first version was able to be unmasked. I have an extra Anne head sculpt from that first HT Selina Kyle figure.

I never got one, but is my recollection wrong? I thought the mask was glued on and the skin was different underneath, though subsequently both "fixed" heads and knock-offs appeared. Certainly Hot Toys never unmasked her in any Promo Pic, then or now, which is no normal thing.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Is this the same HT Catwoman that’s the poster child for flaking pleather?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You are correct, MBAM. None of the promo pics for the first version had her unmasked. I bought that figure (and a spare head). The Goggles/cat ears came in a separate compartment and you had to put them on her. The face is completely painted normal for a HT head, the goggles were an absolute nightmare to put on, and they broke when I tried to move the swiveling cat ears/goggles part down to cover her eyes. A little glue fixed them, but… anyway, yes, the head gear was removable to reveal the face without any odd painting of Anne’s likeness.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:Is this the same  HT Catwoman that’s the poster child for flaking pleather?

Yes. Yes, it is.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:You are correct, MBAM. None of the promo pics for the first version had her unmasked. I bought that figure (and a spare head). The Goggles/cat ears came in a separate compartment and you had to put them on her. The face is completely painted normal for a HT head, the goggles were an absolute nightmare to put on, and they broke when I tried to move the swiveling cat ears/goggles part down to cover her eyes. A little glue fixed them, but… anyway, yes, the head gear was removable to reveal the face without any odd painting of Anne’s likeness.

Fascinating, and thanks.  So probably there was indeed some personal likeness rights issue, but HT went right ahead and made her perfectly, "under the radar," and simply didn't actively advertise the unmasked actress likeness.  If I'd known that, I might have bought her, and now I may get the reissue (if that unnecessary base doesn't jack the price astronomically).  My rule of thumb is that I will not pay HT level money for any figure without a full human sculpt, barring things like Predators or Terminators.  Stryker2011 enjoy your figure, and you might think that Anne Hathaway doesn't want you to have it Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum