OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Kallor8

GeeWillikers wrote: troubles with is the 29 but I seem more or less alone in that).

You're not the only one. In fact, I'm genuinely surprised to hear there are good 29's out in the wild. I have 2 (4 if you count Phantom Killer and Nancy in Hell) because I like the aesthetic and put up with the glaring flaws, but all the arms are screwy and need creative posing/support without exception. Some have wrist peg problems. My sister got one and it was the same, so while this isn't a humongous sample size I kind of just figured that was how 29's were across the board.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I was thinking the same thing, GW, but it occurs to me that there may be some significant technical difficulty, not to say impossibility, in attaching a plastic sole/foot base to the rubbery flesh (and, also, at the same time, to the metal endoskeleton). Still, it is beyond me why they cannot have a functional metal ankle inside the seamless rubbery flesh foot -- though the seamless rubbery undersole would certainly play havoc with balancing, so perhaps even trying to do this might be considered impractical from TBLeague's point of view. Just thinking out loud.

Interesting about the S29 problems. I'm guessing some batches may have shared problems that are not present in other batches. If one happens to have gotten all their S29 bodies from the same place (or same distributor or same batch -- some of which is probably impossible to trace/realize), it might explain it. My S29s have been generally issue-free, and only once when posing one I seem to have experienced anything resembling some of the complaints. On the other hand, all my M31s -- admittedly gotten early on and probably from the same batch -- had wrist peg issues. Combined with my lesser appreciation for that body (bad frontal sculpt, poor elbows), that has left me unwilling to take another chance on it -- well, actually I did, just once (it is the easiest of their male bodies to clothe, after all), and haven't had the heart to check out the damn wrist pegs yet. S29 is one of my favorite bodies, so I'm very sorry to hear there are common issues with it, and always a little apprehensive lest they show up on mine.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GeeWillikers

I have four 29s from three different vendors, and none of them are problem-free (the best of the bad bunch is the Nancy In Hell body but even that has a dodgy right wrist). All the defects are in the arms and wrists, with additional skin-tearing at the right side hip in two of them. In one body (my first of these), the left arm was so stiff and badly-twisted under the skin that it eventually snapped off at the shoulder and now hangs limply -still inside the skin- at the side of the body.

I do however have a single pale S28, and it has none of the problems of any of the 29s.

It's certainly a manufacturing issue, but the better build of the bodies that followed gives me hope that once that initial batch of 29s is worked through these might be worth picking up again. It's annoying because it's one of TBL's best body designs, and if it wasn't for those build defects I'd have a lot more than four of them.

skywalkersaga

GeeWillikers wrote:I have four 29s from three different vendors, and none of them are problem-free (the best of the bad bunch is the Nancy In Hell body but even that has a dodgy right wrist). All the defects are in the arms and wrists, with additional skin-tearing at the right side hip in two of them. In one body (my first of these), the left arm was so stiff and badly-twisted under the skin that it eventually snapped off at the shoulder and now hangs limply -still inside the skin- at the side of the body.

I do however have a single pale S28, and it has none of the problems of any of the 29s.

It's certainly a manufacturing issue, but the better build of the bodies that followed gives me hope that once that initial batch of 29s is worked through these might be worth picking up again. It's annoying because it's one of TBL's best body designs, and if it wasn't for those build defects I'd have a lot more than four of them.

I am wondering if this was an issue with their manufacturing at that particular time? I say this because i remember several other tbleague bodies I bought around that same time period had arm issues (at least two or three of my s25b's I had to get partial refunds on because the arms didn't bend properly).

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Not to derail this too much more from the s46-47, but everyone talking about the arm issues with the 29s is interesting as that’s the bulk of the issues I had with the S34. The first one had a left elbow so thin, even when straight, I’m shocked it didn’t split on me. It also had ratcheting elbows when pronating (both arms), which made precise movements impossible. Both of these were true for the two I had. Top that ratcheting off with the fact neither of the two I owned could fold her arms across her body because it just wouldn’t rotate that far, and you have what amounts to a NSFW paper weight.

Kallor8

GeeWillikers wrote:I have four 29s from three different vendors, and none of them are problem-free (the best of the bad bunch is the Nancy In Hell body but even that has a dodgy right wrist). All the defects are in the arms and wrists, with additional skin-tearing at the right side hip in two of them. In one body (my first of these), the left arm was so stiff and badly-twisted under the skin that it eventually snapped off at the shoulder and now hangs limply -still inside the skin- at the side of the body.

Yeah, this thread has me wondering if it's safe to order one now. It's too bad the pale version is the sturdy one, since I've found virtually all good heads match better with suntan.

Kallor8

MeMyself&I wrote:Not to derail this too much more from the s46-47, but everyone talking about the arm issues with the 29s is interesting as that’s the bulk of the issues I had with the S34. The first one had a left elbow so thin, even when straight, I’m shocked it didn’t split on me. It also had ratcheting elbows when pronating (both arms), which made precise movements impossible. Both of these were true for the two I had. Top that ratcheting off with the fact neither of the two I owned could fold her arms across her body because it just wouldn’t rotate that far, and you have what amounts to a NSFW paper weight.

I have one of these and while I didn't experience the problems with the build inside I did notice that it couldn't pose as well at the bicep swivel point. I almost broke it but was able to pull back when the (unexpected) tension occurred trying to rotate the arms. I wonder if the smaller bodies aren't prone to issues in the arms in general. I also wonder, and here is me drawing connections like the guy from South Park lol, if the 1/12 figures lack the bicep swivel articulation point because they found the smaller the figure the worse the arm got.

Or we're all just unlucky haha. It happens.

Diana

Diana
I'm definitely pre-ordering one just to signal TBL my appreciation for the design and hopefully encourage them to produce more. Hopefully it won't have any of these problems, but admittedly I don't tend to do much with my figures anyway, so the issues haven't bothered me. Much.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Well it's certainly a dilemma - if we stop buying the 29 altogether, it might provoke a re-design (that is if it's an actual design flaw rather than just a badly-manufactured first batch).

But then it's equally likely that they'll simply cut their losses and stop producing them altogether and move on.

Build quality has improved again though (I've had no problems at all with the 38/39, 42/43, Viking Woman bodies and the single s45 I've bought).  So I'll definitely pick up some of these 46/47s, if GianToy ever put them up for order that is.

... And I've noticed a few little problems with GianToy lately, BTW - it could just be down to the upcoming Chinese holidays, hopefully.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Did this ever show up on GianToy? I'm still waiting to PO.....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:Did this ever show up on GianToy? I'm still waiting to PO.....

I've got their 'new preorders' page on permanent 'refresh', and there's nothing yet.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Tired of waiting on these, so I've emailed GianToy asking if and when they're getting them in for preorder. Should hopefully hear back from them soon.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:Tired of waiting on these, so I've emailed GianToy asking if and when they're getting them in for preorder. Should hopefully hear back from them soon.

Thanks for that.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
They'll be adding links to preorder 'some time in the next day or two'.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's unusual for them to be this slow, especially with something as basic as tbleague products. But glad they will be up soon...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yes, it's odd.

I've noticed a few little things with them lately (slow to put up some preorders, a bit slower to respond to emails, etc). Hopefully it's just a temporary blip.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
These are now up for PO at GianToy

Direct links

https://giantoy.com/collections/pre-order-hottest-1/products/1-6-tbleauge-plsb2021-s46-s47-neat-figure-small-bust-w-head-sculpt
https://giantoy.com/collections/pre-order-hottest-1/products/1-6-tbleague-plsb2021-s46a-s46b-seamless-body
https://giantoy.com/collections/pre-order-hottest-1/products/1-6-tbleague-plsb2021-s47a-s47b-seamless-body

The bust on these does look a little smaller than the Month body (not a complaint), but promos are often deceptive. We won't know for sure until March.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:These are now up for PO at GianToy

Direct links

https://giantoy.com/collections/pre-order-hottest-1/products/1-6-tbleauge-plsb2021-s46-s47-neat-figure-small-bust-w-head-sculpt
https://giantoy.com/collections/pre-order-hottest-1/products/1-6-tbleague-plsb2021-s46a-s46b-seamless-body
https://giantoy.com/collections/pre-order-hottest-1/products/1-6-tbleague-plsb2021-s47a-s47b-seamless-body

The bust on these does look a little smaller than the Month body (not a complaint), but promos are often deceptive. We won't know for sure until March.

Thanks for the links.

The bust discrepancy might be a optical illusion due to the design of those bandeau tops they have in the promo pics.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks, GW.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
GianToy are now shipping the preorders of these out, as of this morning.

gooboo

Nice. Just went an ordered an s46. Been looking forward to this body for awhile now.

gooboo

Found a picture of an s47 on a facebook group. Also looks like the heads are getting parted out on ebay, for those who are interested.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?) - Page 3 Tb117

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?) - Page 3 Tb217

Giantoy shipped mine out yesterday, can't wait for it to get here.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
^ Very nice. Probably a photographic/optical illusion, but it looks a mite 'plumper' from the waist down than the body they're using in sets (might be the slightly undersized VC head skewing perceptions, too).

Can't wait for my two to show up, either (currently stuck in Chinese Lockdown Shipping Delay Hell along with my TBL Isis - and a ton of other non-GianToy orders - all apparently waiting on a plane).

Wonderpants

gooboo wrote:

Can you post a pic of it when it arrives, ideally with an S16/s17? Interested to see how they compare

gooboo

I don't have an s16/17, so I can't do any comparisons.

Diana

Diana
Wonderpants wrote:
gooboo wrote:

Can you post a pic of it when it arrives, ideally with an S16/s17? Interested to see how they compare

I have an S16 at the ready and am getting the S47B, so I will compare those two among others. Smile

Wonderpants

gooboo wrote:I don't have an s16/17, so I can't do any comparisons.

Ok thanks

londonroadhog

Diana wrote:
Wonderpants wrote:
gooboo wrote:

I have an S16 at the ready and am getting the S47B, so I will compare those two among others. Smile

Diana, I too am interested to see the difference. S16/S17 are the smallest medium busts currently, so comparing them to the small bust will be interesting. Apparently, my order has shipped from Giantoy but is now in limbo-land.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
STILL not received mine yet (thanks covid), but if the 46/47 is exactly the same body as Month/Saintess Knight, then the 16/17 is still the body with the smallest/'flattest' bust. There isn't much in it, but I think I said upthread that I would consider this a 'medium' bust size rather than 'small'.

BUT, aside from the narrower shoulders the Month/Saintess body is altogether taller/broader/'thicker' and more 'womanly' than a 16/17, which gives the impression that the bust is smaller than it is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum