OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Ovy

Finally, in future tbleauge releases there won't be anyone demanding "Release the Month body!" anymore. :p

Maybe all this talk about the "Viking Woman body" will stop one day, too. Tbleauge probably stumbled upon this site when googling baiduing their own products.

(Don't worry, I love you all. Very Happy )

Yeah I will definitely will get a headless one, maybe even more.

skywalkersaga

Lol, Ovy, you can't blame us. A lot of the recent tbleague bodies prior to this one were really disappointing. Razz

MeMyself&I

I’m not a huge fan of the lighter haired head sculpt personally, but the dark haired one looks really good! The feet options are for sure the best part of this though. Their new floppy foot design is somehow worse than the old one I think, so removable feet as an option is a major upgrade!! I am a bit disappointed that she’s going to hit the tall mark (is that 28-29cm to the top of the head or neck peg?) more or less, but I will still probably pick one up.

johntamph

I think the consensus is "Finally". Now for some thicker bodies with similar breast sizes.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Someone speculating over on the BBICN thread that these are a response to sales dropping as a consequence of Covid, which is... a theory. I've seen no evidence that sales have dipped, but if so I think it's far more likely that it's because we've had an unrealistically-slim 'teen' body directly followed by a ridiculously-slim anime body that looks identical to an even earlier model, and no 'realistic' bodies in over a year.

Ovy wrote:Finally, in future tbleauge releases there won't be anyone demanding "Release the Month body!" anymore. :p

I for one will be comparing this new body to the Month body in minute detail, and complaining very loudly on this forum once I realise that the bellybuttons are slightly different sizes Laughing

And talk of the Viking Woman body will never end! Very Happy

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
johntamph wrote:I think the consensus is "Finally". Now for some thicker bodies with similar breast sizes.
My guess is that will also depend on the sales of this one.

Blackout_

Blackout_
Comparing the data it seems this is the S42/43 with a smaller bust size.

Blackout_

Blackout_
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?) - Page 2 16408613

blackpool

blackpool
Finally!!!! I'll take three dozens with n without feet!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Re: the sculpts - neither of them are my 'thing', personally, so I barely even took note of them. My mind instead immediately goes to what customs I can use these bodies for.

Re: the wrists - I have a couple of those 'viking woman' bodies (actually sinful suzi), and yes, the wrists are a bit better on those, so it might not be solely photoshop.

Re: the height -- you cannot trust the heights they give beforehand. They have been totally off the mark before. Probably because they do not specifiy if the height is with or without a head. I'm expecting these to be quite tall, and I think others should not get their hopes up about them being a 'normal' height. I'm just thankful they finally put out another smaller busted 'realistic' body, instead of yet another stylised anime one. Anything further than that would be a surprise bonus, but I'm not counting on it.

Regardless of the height, at least these should be somewhat easier to clothe and/or armour.... ;p

ETA: the above chart was crossposted just as I posted, and it seems to confirm these will be quite tall.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I feel much the same about these head sculpts, I have no interest in either one and will be buying just the bodies (I have enough Asian heads already, and too many other 'orphaned' heads in need of a body as it is). To start with, I'll probably get one body in each skintone option and maybe one of the seamless footed ones.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?) - Page 2 Criswell-Predicts-1

Thinking ahead: if TBL are going to bypass Viking Woman and the supervoluptuous Convention bodies, I guess we're due a new spin on the 'athletic' bodytype next (some ethnic variants are probably too much to hope for).

I also wonder against hope if they'll revisit S42/43 and S34/35 at some point and offer detachable-foot versions of those.

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
Very good news Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Is this up for PO on GianToy yet? I couldn't find it last time i checked...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Is this up for PO on GianToy yet? I couldn't find it last time i checked...

They seem to be a bit slow with posting preorders lately.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
BBTS have got them up for (quite pricey) preorder:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?HideSoldOut=true&PageSize=100&SortOrder=New&Company=245&ProductType=291

Prospective March '22 release date.

BBTS are a great vendor, but I'll wait to see what GianToy are asking for them.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They’re up at Timewalker as well.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?) - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
March release isn't too bad of a wait at all, hope it's not too far off the mark.

I'm waiting for GianToy, as well. Maybe they are slower these days, but I still find them reliable.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
While there's nothing approaching the horrendous delays of (for example) Super Duck, TBL's release schedule isn't that reliable at the moment (the S40/41 was due in December but apparently still isn't out yet), so I'd give it until April/May.

That said, Saintess Knight wasn't due until sometime later this month but was released a bit earlier, at the end of December.

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:Thinking ahead: if TBL are going to bypass Viking Woman and the supervoluptuous Convention bodies, I guess we're due a new spin on the 'athletic' bodytype next (some ethnic variants are probably too much to hope for).
That's what I was thinking. The S22/23 is still among my favorites, but those thighs are huge and she is super tall. I'm hoping for a smaller wiry body type, but male and female. Smile

I'll buy one without head and with detached feet, even if it's just to send a signal to TBL and encourage them to release more realistic bodies.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I will keel over in shock if Tbleague ever release an actually realistic male body....

Saturn

Saturn
GeeWillikers wrote:the S40/41 was due in December but apparently still isn't out yet

It is now in stock and available to order:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003740473017.html

(I know a lot of people don't like Aliexpress, but my experience with this particular seller has been very good so far, I've ordered three bodies from here at different dates and they arrived flawlessly every time. Of course it's a matter of trust, everyone has their own preferred seller.)

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
GianToy are being really slow in getting these up for pre-order. Neutral If this body is anything like the Saintess Knight/Month body, I want some yesterday! bounce

I'm busy chasing up a missing headsculpt with GT right now (the carrier's fault rather than theirs, to be fair) but once that's dealt with I'll 'Ask Amelia' about these.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
MeMyself&I wrote:The feet options are for sure the best part of this though. Their new floppy foot design is somehow worse than the old one I think, so removable feet as an option is a major upgrade!!  

I dunno about that now, to be honest. Of course I'll never buy them over detachable-foot models without a massive improvement for purely practical reasons, but the recent floppies do actually have side-to-side ankle rotation, which the old seamless feet never did (I discovered this feature completely by accident some weeks after purchase of an S42). And while they're larger and have lost that nice feminine 'arch', they are more realistically-designed. The only real - but suitably large - problem with them is that the hard (I assume) plastic 'foot' inside/under the TPE doesn't extend far enough into the 'skin' of the foot to stabilise them enough so that they can stand.

After hating them to start with, I've grown to accept that for some purposes, while not exactly preferable, they're actually OK.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
GeeWillikers wrote:
MeMyself&I wrote:The feet options are for sure the best part of this though. Their new floppy foot design is somehow worse than the old one I think, so removable feet as an option is a major upgrade!!  

I dunno about that now, to be honest. Of course I'll never buy them over detachable-foot models without a massive improvement for purely practical reasons, but the recent floppies do actually have side-to-side ankle rotation, which the old seamless feet never did (I discovered this feature completely by accident some weeks after purchase of an S42). And while they're larger and have lost that nice feminine 'arch', they are more realistically-designed. The only real - but suitably large - problem with them is that the hard (I assume) plastic 'foot' inside/under the TPE doesn't extend far enough into the 'skin' of the foot to stabilise them enough so that they can stand.

After hating them to start with, I've grown to accept that for some purposes, while not exactly preferable, they're actually OK.

Oh, I agree with the points you made about the good parts of them (ironically, I found out about the rotating ankles the exact same way you did with my S42, completely by accident). And they are, to a point, better in some use cases.

I do respectfully stand behind my point though in that where these feet go wrong, they do so quite well. As you pointed out, the support for the foot itself is minimal. I nearly ruined my S42 checking out some stockings for it. Stretch fabric is very forgiving, but it had some strong words for me during that process. It has everything to do with the fact it bends in the middle of the foot. Like, why? What possessed you to design it this way TBL? A little longer, not enough even to make it stand, but just a little longer so it didn't bend there and we'd be cool. I love the S42, but that is one area I do not like.

I do think the S34 is better in this regard, as it is just physically smaller, but at the same time I feared to do anything for the same reasons. I unfortunately don't have my S34 anymore, nor did I for very long. Pretty sure BBTS got a bad batch, as I went through 2 of them in the course of 2-3 weeks only to have a wide range of major issues. BBTS was great about it as always, but I had plans for a character that got sidelined hard because of it. I digress though.

Either way, they do have their uses as you said GW, I do agree. And I don't hate them, I just wish that I would have the same experience with them that I have had with the old (which has, by and large, been perfectly fine. Only one issue in 5 S07Cs).

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Oh that's a shame, I've got one 34/35 of each and haven't had any problems at all with them myself (frustratingly the body I've had most troubles with is the 29 but I seem more or less alone in that).

Yes, the one real problem with the 'improved' floppy feet is a very large one, and annoyingly it seems easy enough to solve as you say, if only TBL would take the trouble.

I also wonder if a simple flat plastic sole on the underside of the foot would in any way stabilise it enough to stand, without interfering too much with the aesthetic.

Still, having all these options here with 46/47 is the next best (or perhaps even the best) solution, and it shows that TBL might even be listening, even if the fruits of our voices to their ear are slow to materialise.

Kallor8

GeeWillikers wrote: troubles with is the 29 but I seem more or less alone in that).

You're not the only one. In fact, I'm genuinely surprised to hear there are good 29's out in the wild. I have 2 (4 if you count Phantom Killer and Nancy in Hell) because I like the aesthetic and put up with the glaring flaws, but all the arms are screwy and need creative posing/support without exception. Some have wrist peg problems. My sister got one and it was the same, so while this isn't a humongous sample size I kind of just figured that was how 29's were across the board.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was thinking the same thing, GW, but it occurs to me that there may be some significant technical difficulty, not to say impossibility, in attaching a plastic sole/foot base to the rubbery flesh (and, also, at the same time, to the metal endoskeleton). Still, it is beyond me why they cannot have a functional metal ankle inside the seamless rubbery flesh foot -- though the seamless rubbery undersole would certainly play havoc with balancing, so perhaps even trying to do this might be considered impractical from TBLeague's point of view. Just thinking out loud.

Interesting about the S29 problems. I'm guessing some batches may have shared problems that are not present in other batches. If one happens to have gotten all their S29 bodies from the same place (or same distributor or same batch -- some of which is probably impossible to trace/realize), it might explain it. My S29s have been generally issue-free, and only once when posing one I seem to have experienced anything resembling some of the complaints. On the other hand, all my M31s -- admittedly gotten early on and probably from the same batch -- had wrist peg issues. Combined with my lesser appreciation for that body (bad frontal sculpt, poor elbows), that has left me unwilling to take another chance on it -- well, actually I did, just once (it is the easiest of their male bodies to clothe, after all), and haven't had the heart to check out the damn wrist pegs yet. S29 is one of my favorite bodies, so I'm very sorry to hear there are common issues with it, and always a little apprehensive lest they show up on mine.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I have four 29s from three different vendors, and none of them are problem-free (the best of the bad bunch is the Nancy In Hell body but even that has a dodgy right wrist). All the defects are in the arms and wrists, with additional skin-tearing at the right side hip in two of them. In one body (my first of these), the left arm was so stiff and badly-twisted under the skin that it eventually snapped off at the shoulder and now hangs limply -still inside the skin- at the side of the body.

I do however have a single pale S28, and it has none of the problems of any of the 29s.

It's certainly a manufacturing issue, but the better build of the bodies that followed gives me hope that once that initial batch of 29s is worked through these might be worth picking up again. It's annoying because it's one of TBL's best body designs, and if it wasn't for those build defects I'd have a lot more than four of them.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:I have four 29s from three different vendors, and none of them are problem-free (the best of the bad bunch is the Nancy In Hell body but even that has a dodgy right wrist). All the defects are in the arms and wrists, with additional skin-tearing at the right side hip in two of them. In one body (my first of these), the left arm was so stiff and badly-twisted under the skin that it eventually snapped off at the shoulder and now hangs limply -still inside the skin- at the side of the body.

I do however have a single pale S28, and it has none of the problems of any of the 29s.

It's certainly a manufacturing issue, but the better build of the bodies that followed gives me hope that once that initial batch of 29s is worked through these might be worth picking up again. It's annoying because it's one of TBL's best body designs, and if it wasn't for those build defects I'd have a lot more than four of them.

I am wondering if this was an issue with their manufacturing at that particular time? I say this because i remember several other tbleague bodies I bought around that same time period had arm issues (at least two or three of my s25b's I had to get partial refunds on because the arms didn't bend properly).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum