OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Diana

Wonderpants wrote:
gooboo wrote:

Giantoy shipped mine out yesterday, can't wait for it to get here.

Can you post a pic of it when it arrives, ideally with an S16/s17? Interested to see how they compare

I have an S16 at the ready and am getting the S47B, so I will compare those two among others. Smile

Wonderpants

gooboo wrote:I don't have an s16/17, so I can't do any comparisons.

Ok thanks

londonroadhog

Diana wrote:
Wonderpants wrote:
gooboo wrote:

Giantoy shipped mine out yesterday, can't wait for it to get here.

Can you post a pic of it when it arrives, ideally with an S16/s17? Interested to see how they compare

I have an S16 at the ready and am getting the S47B, so I will compare those two among others. Smile

Diana, I too am interested to see the difference. S16/S17 are the smallest medium busts currently, so comparing them to the small bust will be interesting. Apparently, my order has shipped from Giantoy but is now in limbo-land.

GeeWillikers

STILL not received mine yet (thanks covid), but if the 46/47 is exactly the same body as Month/Saintess Knight, then the 16/17 is still the body with the smallest/'flattest' bust. There isn't much in it, but I think I said upthread that I would consider this a 'medium' bust size rather than 'small'.

BUT, aside from the narrower shoulders the Month/Saintess body is altogether taller/broader/'thicker' and more 'womanly' than a 16/17, which gives the impression that the bust is smaller than it is.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Why wouldn't it be exactly the same body? Maybe I'm just overly optimistic, but it seems too much of a coincidence to release this new body right when a bunch of their latest figures are also using one that looks more or less just like it. It's not like with the Keir and Viking woman body where it was ages unti they released something reminiscent of it (which ended up being different and with floppy feet). It's happening all at the same time. Given how things are atm, I can imagine they'd want to milk everything out of this new design that they can. This also seems to correspond with the fact that they released several different versions of it (with and without head/detachable feet, etc).

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It probably is exactly the same body, but we know how TBL like to make their odd little design tweaks so I'm just being cautious until I can finally get one and be sure. Smile

Kallor8

I'm really interested in seeing how this one turns out in-hand, yeah.

Diana

Diana
She arrived. Here are unedited comparison shots of the S16A and the S47B.
Not safe for work.
S16A vs S47B (NSFW):

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really tall, isn’t she. There’s ting how it seems they used the upper half of the 16, but maybe the lower half of the 12…?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?) - Page 4 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting comparison. For a moment I thought the main difference in height might be due to the different feet, but looks like there is more to that. I did obtain one of the coveted Saintess Knight bodies, and will be comparing to it once mine arrives.

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:Really tall, isn’t she.  There’s ting how it seems they used the upper half of the 16, but maybe the lower half of the 12…?
Yes, the S16/17 is around the same size as the S22/23. They are both among the tallest, and this one is taller, even if not by much.
I'm guessing only S32/33 and maybe S42/43 are as tall or taller, though I don't have the latter so I'm not sure.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It does appear to be identical to the Saintess Knight, which is more or less the same height as a Viking Woman (which aside from the detachable feet is near identical to a 42/43):

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?) - Page 4 A-DSCN5425

Saintess Knight (left) versus Viking Woman (right)

The Aset/Isis body is identical to the Saintess Knight (the only unique detail is the holes in its back for the wings).

Unlike Viking Woman/Knight Of Fire/Vampire Slayer, which is still unreleased as a base body in that particular form, there's no need to pay crazy prices on Eb*y for the Saintess Knight bodies anymore with the release of the 46/47.

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
GeeWillikers wrote:It does appear to be identical to the Saintess Knight, which is more or less the same height as a Viking Woman (which aside from the detachable feet is near identical to a 42/43):

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?) - Page 4 A-DSCN5425

Saintess Knight (left) versus Viking Woman (right)

The Aset/Isis body is identical to the Saintess Knight (the only unique detail is the holes in its back for the wings).

Unlike Viking Woman/Knight Of Fire/Vampire Slayer, which is still unreleased as a base body in that particular form, there's no need to pay crazy prices on Eb*y for the Saintess Knight bodies anymore with the release of the 46/47.

Glad to know they're the same seemingly! I have two Saintess bodies and ordered an s47. I'm also going to order another s47 with attached feet.  By the way, is that blonde sculpt the blonde Sparta commander from late 2020? Did you enhance her makeup? Thanks!

gooboo

Looks great. Can't wait for mine to come in the mail.

Wonderpants

Huh, no difference in boob size between the s16 and 47 after all. Saves me having to buy a different body though

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
For anyone's convenience, here's a comparison shot of S33 standing next to the Saintess figure I took for a buddy a while ago. Don't mind leather / lint stains on S33. Some figures I designate for leather items so if they get stained, it's not a big deal as those spots will be covered anyway. Don't mind the two right feet either. I very seldom use flat feet, so I had to scramble to find some.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?) - Page 4 S33_an10

Diana

Diana
phicenenthusiast wrote:For anyone's convenience, here's a comparison shot of S33 standing next to the Saintess figure I took for a buddy a while ago.
WOW! Thank you. She looks great in that outfit!

My first impression upon opening the box was actually "She just looks unfit". Laughing
So I left her in the box overnight and had a fresh look the next day. I like her now.

So it seems she is in fact even taller than the S32/33, if not by much.

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
Diana wrote:
phicenenthusiast wrote:For anyone's convenience, here's a comparison shot of S33 standing next to the Saintess figure I took for a buddy a while ago.
WOW! Thank you. She looks great in that outfit!

My first impression upon opening the box was actually "She just looks unfit". Laughing
So I left her in the box overnight and had a fresh look the next day. I like her now.

So it seems she is in fact even taller than the S32/33, if not by much.

Thanks! Here are some better shots with that outfit. I've recently updated this character from S17 to this one.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?) - Page 4 27731811
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?) - Page 4 27741511

Tabul

Amazing shots, promo like. The only thing I’ve noticed other than the chest compared to the fire knight bodies was the neck, a bit thinner.

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
Tabul wrote:Amazing shots, promo like. The only thing I’ve noticed other than the chest compared to the fire knight bodies was the neck, a bit thinner.

Thank you! I'm glad the neck's a bit thinner.

Diana wrote:

It took me a while to like the figure as well. When I put on the Villa sculpt for the first time, I really grew to like the figure.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
This is definitely the tallest TBL female body so far, beating Viking Woman but only by just a milimeter or two. I agree with them choosing this body for their forthcoming Amazon figure (but ideally would prefer a cross between it and the 23, slightly more muscular).

Tabul wrote:Amazing shots, promo like. The only thing I’ve noticed other than the chest compared to the fire knight bodies was the neck, a bit thinner.

There are a few more (surprisingly subtle) differences that I can see between the two - 46/47/Saintess Knight has a thinner and slightly longer neck (unless it's just the way the Saintess head sits), a broader mid-torso, waist and hips, thicker thighs and slightly thicker straighter legs.

phicenenthusiast wrote: is that blonde sculpt the blonde Sparta commander from late 2020? Did you enhance her makeup? Thanks!

It is and I did Smile

Just a soft 12b pencil line around the eyes for a temporary makeup job. The lips were that vivid red already so I decided to embolden the eyes to give them equal focus.

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
GeeWillikers wrote:

There are a few more (surprisingly subtle) differences that I can see between the two - 46/47/Saintess Knight has a thinner and slightly longer neck (unless it's just the way the Saintess head sits), a broader mid-torso, waist and hips, thicker thighs and slightly thicker straighter legs.

It is and I did Smile

Just a soft 12b pencil line around the eyes for a temporary makeup job. The lips were that vivid red already so I decided to embolden the eyes to give them equal focus.

Thanks for the info. This is one of my main characters and I like to have multiple figures for different outfit rotations, so the saintess and s47 should still be interchangeable.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
phicenenthusiast wrote:

Thanks for the info. This is one of my main characters and I like to have multiple figures for different outfit rotations, so the saintess and s47 should still be interchangeable.

This is my method, also. It is so much easier than trying to change outfits. Usually once I decide how how a figure will look, it stays that way, since dressing them is a bit of a chore. NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?) - Page 4 1f605

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Tabul wrote:Amazing shots, promo like.
I second that. Nicely put together and shot.

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
skywalkersaga wrote:

This is my method, also. It is so much easier than trying to change outfits. Usually once I decide how how a figure will look, it stays that way, since dressing them is a bit of a chore.  NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?) - Page 4 1f605

Some figures I like to keep a pair of pantyhose on since they're tricky to take on and off. Plus there's a chance to ruin them as well.

GubernatorFan wrote:I second that. Nicely put together and shot.
Thanks a lot!

Saturn

Saturn
Some good pics on bbicn too:
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=383491

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
Here's some good news!

I finally got my s47 in the mail today! Below we have the Saintess figure body  (same kind of figure as the pics with Villa I shared earlier) on the left and the S47 on the right.

To me they are the same figure, but I noticed some of the details are washed out / not as prominent in the S47. Maybe it was just a bad batch out of the mold? It's not a big deal to me.  

Left: Saintess Figure Right: S47
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?) - Page 4 27895010
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s46-47 (Month body?) - Page 4 27889110

I think I'm off to order a couple more -- one with seamless feet and one in pale!

gooboo

Mine should be coming in the mail either Friday or Saturday. All these photos are making me excited to get it.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I've noticed some very subtle differences between my Saintess (Gold) and the S47 too. The skintone of my Saintess is a little more tanned/yellowy-orangey than the S47, and yes, some of the sculpting of the 47's torso seems smoother and slightly less defined, but without me being exactly sure how. The skintone differences are so subtle that they don't always register in photos, however - it's more of an in-hand thing.

The Aset/Isis body is much more similar to an S47 though (aside from its wing-holes), so I think it's Saintess that's actually the oddity. Maybe Saintess is more the 'prototype' of the two versions, but I only have the Gold version of Saintess so I can't comment on if the other two match it.

It's a little like the very subtle differences between Viking Woman and the S43, it's nothing that should force you to take out a bank loan to get VW or Saintess from an eb*y scalper, but the differences are there if you look hard enough.

Still, S47 is a great body. Definitely in the top three or four types.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum