OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Randam's random pics

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 31]

251Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue May 24, 2022 8:12 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Yen and Geralt look great. That’s too bad about the wall issue, but should be an easy fix.

The RE shots are really cool. Love it.

252Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue May 24, 2022 10:43 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Gorgeous new photos, Ralf, thanks for sharing. The Resident Evil shots are just like straight from the movie (or game) screen -- or better! I know even less about the Witcher source, but absolutely love your diorama and figures. The "real" FIMO stone wall and these windows continue to impress every time. I ordered the same windows, and they arrived a few days ago. Haven't done anything with them. Sorry to hear about the cardboard backing warping under the weight of so many sculpted stones. I once built a real brick wall with real tiny bricks... but used a sort of insulation double tape for mortar, and did not secure them to any specific backing. It would have run into the same problems as your FIMO stones. But I abandoned the project when I ran out of bricks (and there were no more to be had), before I could extend the wall high enough to be useful; eventually I did not take it with me when I made my move across the country. The beauty of your wall makes me wish I had kept it around anyway. Here's the only photo I can find:

Randam's random pics - Page 11 Brickw10

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

253Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed May 25, 2022 6:42 am

Randam Hajile

@all
Thank you very much for the kind comments. I'm somewhat of a Resident Evil fan, though the very first game did not resonate well with me. I really started playing the series with RE5...

GubernatorFan wrote:Gorgeous new photos, Ralf, thanks for sharing. The Resident Evil shots are just like straight from the movie (or game) screen -- or better! I know even less about the Witcher source, but absolutely love your diorama and figures. The "real" FIMO stone wall and these windows continue to impress every time. I ordered the same windows, and they arrived a few days ago. Haven't done anything with them. Sorry to hear about the cardboard backing warping under the weight of so many sculpted stones. I once built a real brick wall with real tiny bricks... but used a sort of insulation double tape for mortar, and did not secure them to any specific backing. It would have run into the same problems as your FIMO stones. But I abandoned the project when I ran out of bricks (and there were no more to be had), before I could extend the wall high enough to be useful; eventually I did not take it with me when I made my move across the country. The beauty of your wall makes me wish I had kept it around anyway. Here's the only photo I can find:

Randam's random pics - Page 11 Brickw10
I learned now that diorama building requires a lot more planning. I used styroform-supported cardboard for the relative ease with which one can cut out shapes (because of the windows), but I did not expect how easy it could warp. I have to take this into account and need to go for different materials where possible.

You should definitively look into building diorama pieces again, Ian! Even if you are not going for a full-sized wall, wall parts, rock structures etc. may still be extremely useful to mask the transition to the backdrops. Well, I'm stating the obvious... Smile

I also did some dremel work on the weekend and got rid of Captain Marvel's sculpted hair. The head can now take normal hair pieces, but they must be relatively big (as the head is big) ...

Randam's random pics - Page 11 52098464485_80e3a07138_hBrie with real hair. by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Thanks for looking!  Randam's random pics - Page 11 1f600

254Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed May 25, 2022 7:18 am

ElBundy

Nice diorama including the screen behind the windows. The other pics are nice, too. A little flaw using the screen backdrops is the effect of the truncated feet.

255Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed May 25, 2022 9:09 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice upgrade to the Captain Marvel head; almost didn’t recognize her. Looks better now imho.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Randam's random pics - Page 11 C8485110

256Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed May 25, 2022 10:14 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful work on the head conversion. And thanks for the words of encouragement. By the way, another way to resolve your warping issue would be to either print out the wall masonry on paper or vinyl and attach to the cardboard or to make foamcore (or whatever) light-weight masonry like Valiarde. Of course, there is much to be said for the realism and excellence of your FIMO masonry.

257Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat May 28, 2022 6:55 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great New Pictures ! Aww, the resident evil shots ! I remember i get shocked, when the zombie dogs breaks to the window. Laughing I really love Your Headsculpt Job. She´s not the typical friendly charming character, she looks like a tough warrioress.

258Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:21 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@all
Thanks for the nice comments.

My MT Toys Ciri came in last week. As I feared, I kind of dislike the head sculpt. I still took a few shots with her...

Randam's random pics - Page 11 52124325918_d79047c2cd_kCiri in the woods by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Randam's random pics - Page 11 52127878676_5625402557_kCiri by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Randam's random pics - Page 11 52128119654_bb51332ef7_kCiri by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Thanks for looking!

259Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:16 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m curious to know your reasons for disliking the head sculpt as your pictures are, as usual, gorgeous. I think she looks great in them.

260Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:32 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I presume the 'problem' with the headsculpt is regarding likeness issues with the video game character? And maybe the sculpted hair? Because looking at it just as an observer who doesn't play the game, it seems perfectly fine to me. : )

Well, regardless, very well photographed!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

261Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:10 am

blackpool

blackpool
lovely shots of Geralt and Ciri!

262Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:25 am

Ovy

Ovy
Great pics, I think the Witcher figures fit your Dio the best. You beautifully create that cozy lighting.

I like how Geralt is blurred in the last pic, like he is some kind of guardian angel. Although she doesn't need one, but a dad is a dad.

I think the head is much more stylized, yes.

263Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:23 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wait, is Ciri Geralt's daughter? I know nothing about this show other than Geralt being Henry Cavill. Smile
Anyway, beautiful photos as always, Ralf, and the real and artificial environments and lighting provide a gorgeous setting. Like the others, I'm a little puzzled as to why you are not happy with the head, because your photography makes it (and everything else in the images) look great. My favorite is the last photo, with the two figures. I did pick up a Ciri head (presumably the one from the previous release, although there might have been several) with heavy dark make up, giving her a bit of a raccoon face. Perhaps that is more screen accurate to the source, but I like this more subtle one better, at least as shot by you.

264Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:38 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m curious to know your reasons for disliking the head sculpt as your pictures are, as usual, gorgeous. I think she looks great in them.

skywalkersaga wrote:I presume the 'problem' with the headsculpt is regarding likeness issues with the video game character? And maybe the sculpted hair? Because looking at it just as an observer who doesn't play the game, it seems perfectly fine to me. : )

Well, regardless, very well photographed!

I'm happy that you like the photos. Very Happy  Very Happy  Randam's random pics - Page 11 1f600
My problem is that I do not really recognize Ciri in this sculpt. I think the artist used the well known Witcher III poster with Ciri as model for the sculpt, but the eyes feel much too big and wide-set in this portrait (compared with Ciri's face model in the game). Also the lips/mouth are changed, with the lower lip being quite thin. I'm happy for anybody who feels that the head looks like Ciri, but for me it doesn't really work. Moreover, the overly large eyes sent it directly to the "uncanny valley" for me.      

blackpool wrote:lovely shots of Geralt and Ciri!

Thanks, blackpool!

Ovy wrote:Great pics, I think the Witcher figures fit your Dio the best. You beautifully create that cozy lighting.

I like how Geralt is blurred in the last pic, like he is some kind of guardian angel. Although she doesn't need one, but a dad is a dad.

I think the head is much more stylized, yes.

Thanks, Ovy!
Yes, you are right with your interpretation. Geralt's hand on Ciri's shoulder was meant to symbolized his guidance and affection for Ciri. Also his pride of her. I put him deliberately in the shadows, as he had to let her go, so she could find her own way. At least for me, this was the essence of the final chapter of the game.

265Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:54 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
GubernatorFan wrote:Wait, is Ciri Geralt's daughter? I know nothing about this show other than Geralt being Henry Cavill. Smile
Anyway, beautiful photos as always, Ralf, and the real and artificial environments and lighting provide a gorgeous setting. Like the others, I'm a little puzzled as to why you are not happy with the head, because your photography makes it (and everything else in the images) look great. My favorite is the last photo, with the two figures. I did pick up a Ciri head (presumably the one from the previous release, although there might have been several) with heavy dark make up, giving her a bit of a raccoon face. Perhaps that is more screen accurate to the source, but I like this more subtle one better, at least as shot by you.

He is not her biological father, but Witchers can ask for the children of customers as payment for their duties. As Witchers are infertile due to their mutagenesis, this was the traditional way to maintain the Witcher Order, as the children were again made Witchers. The story of Ciri is a little more complicated, but in basic terms Geralt's and Ciri's fates were joined when he helped to take a curse from her real father Duny.

Actually, the picture in the woods was really taken outdoors. The light was just really bad due to rain.  Randam's random pics - Page 11 1f630

266Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:16 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
I think it is my favourite Ciri Head out there even with the sculpted hair (which I normally dislike)

Really like the second pic with the window, wall and sword.

267Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:46 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for explaining, Ralf. Despite the heresy that Witcher (well, this Witcher) is infertile. I shall have my high priestess get to work on that right away! Smile

268Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:01 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Infertile doesn't mean 'impotent'. Laughing

269Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:10 pm

Illusion

Illusion
great transformation of the Cap Marvel head. the crown and warrior attire suit her well.

I really like the Ciri head sculpt (don‘t know the game character) and your Ciri pics are excellent!

skywalkersaga wrote:Infertile doesn't mean 'impotent'. Laughing

LOL Cool

270Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:16 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sky, I'm aware. But I still consider it a heresy. Wink

271Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:57 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I exchanged the warped wall now. Prying free the FIMO stones off the cardboard was actually very little fun, but I could recover almost all stones. I glued them on a painted plywood plate (3 mm), which resulted in a much more stable wall without major warping.

Here is a test shot with the Bloodborne hunter in the diorama...

Randam's random pics - Page 11 52148396444_c3bb431a36_kBloodborne... The Hunter rests. by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

The left wall is now straight and the stone rows are much better aligned.

Thanks for looking! Randam's random pics - Page 11 1f600

272Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:28 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. Glad you now have a stable wall. (Did you change out the head sculpt on the Bloodborne figure?)

273Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:36 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Thanks! Yes, it's a modified HT Ichabod Crane head. The original Tom Hiddleston-head was OK, but I like this sculpt better.

274Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:32 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Your stone wall is looking excellent! Beautiful lighting as always.

And I love that Bloodborne figure, even if I know nothing about the actual source material, it's just got such a great outfit. I wish I hadn't missed the original release of it so I could have gotten it as PO. So many cool ways to use it for a kitbash.

275Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:37 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Excellent work Ralf!

276Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:41 am

Illusion

Illusion
great pic!
the new head suits him well Cool

277Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:53 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Both the wall and the figure look great, and the photography is flawless as usual.

278Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:03 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That stonework is very beautiful, the shots are as always top notch.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Randam's random pics - Page 11 1f60e

279Randam's random pics - Page 11 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:40 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@all
Thanks for the nice comments! I happy that you like the small update...

Here are a few new pictures. I recently got the TBleague Elven Archer figure. While the head on this figure is very nicely sculpted, it is so tiny that looked for an replacement...

Randam's random pics - Page 11 52156895947_4e5b3ccb78_kTBLeague Elven Archer (White) by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Randam's random pics - Page 11 52157926428_2a16b9d3a3_kTBLeague Elven Archer (White) by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Here is the original head (with lots of unruly hair) ...

Randam's random pics - Page 11 52158161374_58337b0839_kTBLeague Elven Archer (White) by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum