OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product Specifications
Product Code SA0111 / SA0112 / SA0113
Product name SA0111 Bela Lugosi Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition)
                          SA0112 Bela Lugosi (Normal Edition)
                          SA0113 R.I,P. Bella Murder Legendre (Scenario Platform)
Scale 1/6 (height about 30 cm)
Movie White Zombie "White Devil 1932"
Series MY FAVOURITE MOVIE SERIES Series

1/6 Bela Lugosi (Deluxe/Normal/Scenario Stand) Action Figure Includes:

- 1/6 movable body, about 30 cm in height
- A movable body with multiple joints
- Extremely realistic, realized the role of Bela Lugosi as Murder Legendre in the movie "White Zombie 19832"
- Possesses 1 Legendre head sculpt with fine detail

1. Head carving
- 1 Bela Lugosi head sculpt with serious facial expression

2. Body
- 1 movable body with multiple joints

3. There are 7 palms in total, including:
- 1 pair of natural hand palms
- 1 pair of hand gestures with palms
- 1 left hand palm with candle carving
- 1 right hand palm holding a knife
- 1 relaxed right hand palm

4. Clothing
- 1 white shirt
- 1 tie
- 1 tuxedo coat
- 1 pair of trousers
- 1 robe
- 1 pair of socks
- 1 silk scarf
- 1 pair of leather shoes

5. Accessories:
- 1 hat
- 1 Candle Carving
- 1 pocket knife
- 1 crow

6. The Deluxe Edition (SA0112) comes with the following additional accessories, including:
- 1 winged crow
- 1 scene base with R..I.P. printed on it, with lamp post (can be lit, CR927, battery not included),

7. Puppet stand
8. Scenario stand is sold separately (SA0113)

Sale Date: Q3 2022
** The final product may differ slightly from the prototype image.
** All information is subject to change without notice.

Bela Lugosi TM and Bela Lugosi as Murder Legendre TM 2022 LUGOSI LLC. All Rights reserved.
2022 Star Ace Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 10280511
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 10280610
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 10280711
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 10280712
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 10280810
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 10280911
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 10280912
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 10281010
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 10281011
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 10281210
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 10281211
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 10281311
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 10281312
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 10281511

#newproduct #StarAceToys #WhiteDevil #BelaLugosi #male #movie #horror

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Ohh, very nice Bela Lugosi figure.

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
Is it me being incredibly picky or do Star Ace figures seem to do a kinda bad job with the headsculpts on their products? There's always something slightly off (or REALLY off) about the headsculpts and always something stiff about the expressions.

Maybe I stare at people too much... Shocked

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think the prototype head looks pretty good from this movie — at most angles, but then it is Star Ace,and god only knows what the production piece will actually look like.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) C8485110

davidd

davidd
The promo pics look pretty cool! Not a figure I would have expected to see produced.
I wonder what the retail price will be? Or when the figure will be released?

Of course, my recent experience with an "in hand" figure from a smaller production company as compared to the promotional images leaves me gun-shy. Plus... do I have a need for this figure in my "toy universe"?

Sure I have a need, or at least a use! The costume, with the wide-brimmed hat, is reminiscent of Lugosi's brief appearance "Plan 9 From Outer Space." A "Plan 9" Lugosi character, now that would be a fun one to run with!

Am I correct in interpreting the model numbers: two versions, or the base can be purchased separately?

I cannot find any pre-order offers with prices yet.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
davidd wrote:The promo pics look pretty cool! Not a figure I would have expected to see produced.
I wonder what the retail price will be? Or when the figure will be released?

Of course, my recent experience with an "in hand" figure from a smaller production company as compared to the promotional images leaves me gun-shy. Plus... do I have a need for this figure in my "toy universe"?

Sure I have a need, or at least a use! The costume, with the wide-brimmed hat, is reminiscent of Lugosi's brief appearance "Plan 9 From Outer Space." A "Plan 9" Lugosi character, now that would be a fun one to run with!

Am I correct in interpreting the model numbers: two versions, or the base can be purchased separately?

I cannot find any pre-order offers with prices yet.

This is their second Lugosi following the more obvious Dracula, so I imagine the information will be roughly the same.  While the first one (Dracula) is branded under Kaustik Plastik, and this one is branded Star Ace, the figures (and their promos) seem  to have a lot in common so I perceive them as one series with maybe some underlying corporate branding issues.

For that first one, see here Big Bad Toy Store $360 for the regular https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/184631 and $400 for the Deluxe https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/184632.  Though I note that for the White Devil, in addition to the Regular and the Deluxe, they also say"8. Scenario stand is sold separately (SA0113)" which regrettably wasn't the case for Dracula's coffin.  The Coffin seems like a way more complex item than the Lightpost base, but the latter has a light feature, and those are generally overpriced.  So the pricing may be comparable.

Which incidentally was rather strange for Dracula:  $360 for the base figure was about right, maybe a little high but understandable.  But to deliver the added value of that coffin, and to ask only an additional $40 for it, was a true gift unprecedented and unseeen.  The total opposite of the way some companies do it, like DAM Gangster Kingdom who routinely wildly overprice any separately sold accessory - figuring once you've opened your wallet already for the base figure, sky's the limit for the top-up accessory.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It looks great (love the head sculpt and the crows), but being Star Ace, I will suspend judgement until I see them in hand.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Star Ace is an Asian company, Kaustic Plastik is based in Italy — no connection to each other.

NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:It looks great (love the head sculpt and the crows), but being Star Ace, I will suspend judgement until I see them in hand.

There is some distinction, that I have never parsed out, between products that are branded "Distributed by Star Ace X-Plus," like this one, and some that don't say "distributed by" but are branded purely "Star Ace" like eg Holly Golightly, or branded "X-Plus Star Ace" like eg Voldemort. Those kinds of branding differences aren't accidental. I know Star Ace grew specifically out of X-Plus but I suspect there may then be a distinction between products where Star Ace is manufacturer vs distributor. Going by the parallels to the Dracula figure, this could be a second Kaustik Plastik made figure, where KP just doesn't want the post-production hassles. If so that would be good news for the quality of the sculpt etc.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I doubt that the two figures are connected. If you look at the description of the Kaustik Plastik Dracula figure, it involves a whole group of highly talented 1/6 artists who have collaborated together on that project. Going by the promo pics alone, it's got much more of a 'limited run, quality custom' vibe. In contrast, this one just seems like any old mass-produced figure....and by Star Ace, to boot.  NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 1f62c

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
Yeah everything from the headsculpt to the clothes looks rougher on this one than the Dracula. It's not like, terrible, but it's also not near the same quality.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male

It’s a little improbable that there would be no connection between two figures both of Lugosi in 1931, announced less than three months apart, both branded under the identical “face and bat wings, red Lugosi” logo, and both sold in the same configuration options (solo fig or with deluxe base).

I seem to recall (not sure) that Kaustic Plastik supplied bodies for some other companies’ figs in the past? So this, combined with the “Distributed by” label, suggested to me that KP may just have let Star Ace be the distributor this time out.

But if that’s not the case, it opens bigger questions. How did KP lose this license to Star Ace, and in less than three months? So I googled KP, and their website is gone – just says “Kaustic Plastik new site 2022 coming soon.” Which is most disturbing – is anyone in touch with Fabio, and is KP ok? Hope so.

Skippy

I was looking at the photos on the BBICN forum yesterday, and even reading the comments before going back to the pictures, which was only when I realised it was Star Ace and not KP. Which explained why it looked a bit rougher than expected.

Of all companies, why would KP pick one with such a bad reputation? Hopefully this doesn't mean that KP also moved their own production to Star Ace's factory of choice.

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
Seems possible that KP has been bought out or something.

Skippy

Faster Than Life wrote:Seems possible that KP has been bought out or something.

It's an odd coincidence with their site being overhauled, but I can't imagine Fabio giving up the business.

KP's been collaborating with Infinite Statue with these figures, so that would imply both companies handing over to Star Ace.

If it's just about distribution, then the connection to Star Ace is likely to reduce sales rather than increase them. At least for the first figure out of the blocks, until they can re-establish a name for quality.

Star Ace were good in earlier days - I have their original Great Escape Steve McQueen and the Scars of Dracula Christopher Lee.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I know nothing of the inner workings of all these companies, was just going based off the images and the descriptions. The previous Lugosi figure had a long list of artists who were involved underneath, while this one doesn't include them at all, which is why I just presumed it is not 'related'  -- artistically, that is, I'm not talking about licenses here.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
“Bela Lugosi’s dead
Undead, undead, undead”

What, no Bauhaus fans here? Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:What, no Bauhaus fans here?  Wink

NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 270b

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Stryker2011 wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:What, no Bauhaus fans here?  Wink

NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) 270b

Really?!? That’s so cool. It’s rare that I come across someone that’s familiar with them.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
There’s probably not a lot of us, that’s for sure. I was a bit of a Punk back in the day, though most wouldn’t know from looking at me. That’s just where my tastes lay at the time (still have some of those albums — though I don’t even have a turntable anymore).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
For those interested, it looks like the diorama base can be purchased separately for around $149 USD.

shazzdan

shazzdan
I like the design of the diorama but it is too small to be much use for anything.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is a very nice base...

ukshaun

ukshaun
I have no idea who White Devil is. The figure looks decent enough.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

davidd

davidd
ukshaun wrote:I have no idea who White Devil is. The figure looks decent enough.

The movie in which this Lugosi character appears is actually called "White Zombie," not "White Devil." The film was released in 1932, following the success of "Dracula" (1931).

NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 1932 Edition "White Zombie" - Bela Lugosi (Deluxe Edition / Regular Edition / Scenario Stage) White_zombie_poster_sm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum