OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

gooboo

I was never really expecting tbleague to do realistic armor, as you mentioned Poptoys is already doing a much better job of that, these pseudo greek figures are just starting to feel kind of the same. I'd like to see them branch out a bit more from fantasy greek and egyptian figures, since we've been getting plenty of that from them for the past two years or so.

McAllen'sFinest

I haven't bought a TBleague figure in years but sideshow made this statue and I always thought it would make a perfect TBleague figure thats up my alley. They could do a collaboration like what they did with the court of the dead figures.

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 2 Dragon10
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 2 Dragon11

gooboo

Would love to see that.

GeeWillikers

I haven't ordered this one but I've been keeping an eye on a release date for part-outs. GianToy have just pulled the 'deposit' option so I'm assuming it will be out very soon.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I don't think I even saw this one when it was first posted here, I must have looked at the title and presumed it was an already-released figure from years ago. Welp, wasn't missing much of anything.  Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:I don't think I even saw this one when it was first posted here, I must have looked at the title and presumed it was an already-released figure from years ago. Welp, wasn't missing much of anything.  Laughing

Yep, it's quite a lacklustre effort, this one. I think I said further back in the thread*, if they'd combined the best elements of these and the forthcoming Amazon sets into one figure then I'd be much more interested. As it is I'll probably only pick up a few part-outs from both.

* correction, I said it in the Amazon Soldier thread Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Being parted out now on Eb*y by the usual suspects (I find that if you get in quick with the Chinese sellers, there are far fewer "Sorry Friend" outcomes to buying from them). I picked up a few stray pieces from both sets, to mix in with the full Amazon set I have been mad enough to buy.

The usual washed-out lighting in the seller's pics may just be working in their favour, but the sculpts do look a little bit more interesting than they do in the promos.

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 2 S-l1600

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 2 S-l1600

Not exciting enough to buy one, though. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They look almost childlike.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 2 C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
That first one looks like a good fit for a Witcher Yennefer from the show

Edit: or maybe not. But something around the eyes made me thought of her

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Stryker2011 wrote:They look almost childlike.

Yeah, that was the thing putting me off them originally from the promos, the brunette sculpt in particular looked like a 10 year old!

Now she looks about 15, so I suppose that's a slight improvement.  Neutral

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
They look like they’re going to cry. There’s no crying in Sparta!

csyeung

csyeung
Xavion2004 wrote:They look like they’re going to cry.  There’s no crying in Sparta!

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

I've seen you like to spend
all my money again

:cries:

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
Here's a review in Chinese of the blonde-haired figure with close-up shots of all of the parts. This was posted in the unboxing section on BBICN as well.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1rB4y1D7UB

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
phicenenthusiast wrote:Here's a review in Chinese of the blonde-haired figure with close-up shots of all of the parts. This was posted in the unboxing section on BBICN as well.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1rB4y1D7UB

Thanks for that... y'know, that doesn't look so bad, actually.

That sculpt is still totally wrong for the figure/concept, though (it's much better suited to a more delicate 'princess' or 'damsel' type than a 'warrior' of any kind), but it's quite nice on it's own terms. I might pick that sculpt up if there are still any left next week.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GeeWillikers wrote:
That sculpt is still totally wrong for the figure/concept, though (it's much better suited to a more delicate 'princess' or 'damsel' type than a 'warrior' of any kind), but it's quite nice on it's own terms. I might pick that sculpt up if there are still any left next week.

The human headsculpts of TBL have hugely improved (though it's a lower bar, because they don't even try to make specific actors or people).  But even as that's happened, it's like they don't even try to match up specific sculpts to actual figures or themes.  It's like the left side of the factory develops headsculpts, while the right side produces thematic figures, and they just get matched up randomly so whenever a figure is ready, it just gets assigned the next random sculpt in the queue.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Well. There is a single parted-out Black Spartan (blonde) head sculpt left, but I've swiftly reconsidered buying it now that I've seen what the seller is asking for it.

US $155.99
Approximately £123.98

It has almost tripled in price since the original listing last week.

This is JUST FOR THE HEAD.

Shocked

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
There isn't anything that special about these heads to justify that price other than they match the body skin color.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 2 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Stryker2011 wrote:There isn't anything that special about these heads to justify that price other than they match the body skin color.

It's ridiculous, even by the recent ridiculous seller standards of this hobby. The other head meanwhile is the same price it was last week. There's only one of those left too, so I wonder what the justification is for the price hike on the blonde?

Other than simply seeing what collectors are willing to pay, that is.

csyeung

csyeung
Whoa that's a lot for a head! Why not just buy the whole figure?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I think it's the most expensive newly parted-out TBL sculpt I've ever seen, especially considering it ain't all that.

Hopefully it's a 'trend' that doesn't catch on. If it does, I dread to even imagine what they're going to ask for the (potentially) more interesting Amazon and Night Warrior sculpts when they get parted out. Neutral

Hopefully if it shows up loose at Monkey Depot it'll be more sensibly priced.

csyeung

csyeung
GeeWillikers wrote:I think it's the most expensive newly parted-out TBL sculpt I've ever seen, especially considering it ain't all that.

Hopefully it's a 'trend' that doesn't catch on. If it does, I dread to even imagine what they're going to ask for the (potentially) more interesting Amazon and Night Warrior sculpts when they get parted out. Neutral

Hopefully if it shows up loose at Monkey Depot it'll be more sensibly priced.

I agree, hopefully they don't go for that much. That said, I'm trying to get a night warrior through my SS dealer. It's a lot cheaper that way (SS retails for 185ish).

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I've already bought the Brown Amazon set in a fit of late-night madness and I've got the Blue Night Warrior on PO myself, so unless I win the lottery by August (which I very much doubt  Very Happy ) I don't think I'll need any spare heads, thankfully.

csyeung

csyeung
hehe, I hope you win the lottery!

Annalise

Annalise
The new spartans have arrived. They are using the S23B body.

The black version comes with 6 arrows, 3 without heads so as to fit into the shield. The gold version's shield has 1 hole for an arrow as well.

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 2 92img_10

I like the quiver design. It's not just a repeat of the Narama/Elvish Archer quiver, it also holds the bow and allows it to be slung on the back when wielding sword and shield. (I always wondered what Narama does with her bow when not using it.)

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 2 91img_10

A little more assembly is required on these than most other TBL boxed figures. The cloth strips need to be wrapped before putting on the bracers and greaves.

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 2 93img_10
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 2 94img_10

Interesting choice of only adding the long tail to the golden helmet and not both. If I were a Persian soldier and I saw these 2 on the battlefield, once I got over the shock of seeing that they are women, I would assume the one with the tail and golden boob plate is of higher rank.

The head sculpts are great as usual for TBLeague, though once again I think the blond is too pretty for a warrior figure.
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 2 95img_10
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 2 96img_10
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 2 97img_10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum