OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

valentin

valentin
First off: a kitbashed draft of motoko kusanagi
, also affectionately known as Major.
Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Img_2043Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Img_2044Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Img_2042Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Img_2047Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Img_2046Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Img_2045Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 27899010

Still lacking a few more accessories( the knee protector, etc), and trimming and gelling of the hair.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very good progress.

Diana

Diana
Oooh, exciting! I'm looking forward to the haircut and the knee pads and wherever you may take her. Very Happy

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Valentin
Oh, you also recognized the jacket from the show! It so strange that cmToys made the jacket but not a full outfit set. But you found suitable pants and a top for the Major. Great work!

ukshaun

ukshaun
Great choice of character!
How about a SJ portrait ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

valentin

valentin
@GubernatorFan, @Diana, Thank you!

@Randam Hajile, Yeah, I happened upon it whilst searching for Asuka Langley's plugsuit. It was for only 58yuan before shipping via taobao(China Online Marketplace).
The rest of the accessories and clothes was more of trial and error and reading the purchaser photo reviews. All in all, the total cost of the figure worked out to be closed to 150usd inclusive of shipping.

@ukshaun, thanks. Uh, what's a SJ portrait? Tried googling, but I don't understand the google search results.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
You really got the costume right, and she's lookin great. Will look forward to seeing her continue to come together!

ukshaun

ukshaun
valentin wrote:@ukshaun, thanks. Uh, what's a SJ portrait? Tried googling, but I don't understand the google search results.

Scarlett Johansson

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

ElBundy

ElBundy
I got both the Threezero Version and the Figure Club Version of Scarlett Johansson as Major in the cinema movie, because I am a fan of Scarlett. In both cases, the promo pictures look much better than the figure itself. Your customized version of the Netflix Anime version SAC 2045 is very cool.

valentin

valentin
I see. Pardon me, @ukshaun. While the adaptation of GitS by real actors was not bad, the story and depth felt weird, probably because the character was always in the role of an android, or a doll for that matter. Devoid of emotions on the surface, and yet moves so fast and always a few steps ahead of the wrongdoers.

Don't get me wrong, I also adore Scarlett Johansson for her other roles in entertainment media, however, GitS is one of it, where I personally felt it was lacking in depth of the character. I probably am biased, in that movie, i most like Aramaki, her boss, he was totally in character for both the looks and the acting. It was like the anime and manga totally came alive and became so real.

Thanks Elbundy, I agree with you ThreeZero definitely didn't do well with that release. They should have just asked Hot Toys to sculpt the head and face for them in all honesty.

And here's the most important thing, I am tremendously excited, for the upcoming 2nd season of SAC 2045 on netflix on 23rd May 2022.

That's why I decided to kitbash Motoko. I also have Batou in the line up, but he's going to need alot more work from my 3D printer, and repainting as well.

Anyway... I did more work on Major tonight, since the weapons, and other accessories are still stuck in limbo in Shanghai. And without further ado, more shots, after doing screen captures from season 1.

Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Whatsa73Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Whatsa72
Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Whatsa74Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Whatsa77
Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Whatsa75Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Whatsa76
Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Whatsa78

Have done the following,
• Change out the belt on the pants
• Included the logo on the body suit.
• Styled and trim the hair further

And here's with the figma counterpart for tentative comparison.
Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Whatsa80Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Whatsa81Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Whatsa79

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great attention to detail, and determination to get it right.

Ovy

Ovy
Nice, is that one of these Bladerunner 2049 based heads?

valentin

valentin
Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 Screen12

Hmm, not too sure about blade runner.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
ukshaun wrote:
valentin wrote:@ukshaun, thanks. Uh, what's a SJ portrait? Tried googling, but I don't understand the google search results.

Scarlett Johansson

Then it would maybe look like this...

Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 52020700041_26702fe7a0_bCJ3A4823pp by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Sorry Valentin for invading your thread. Since I bashed the Major with ScarJo-head last year, I could not resist to post a pic here.

valentin

valentin
No way!!!! It's amazing!

Able to share the firearm and pants source? They look way way better than what I sourced.

That tight fitting look and the firearm had been on my criteria for the longest, but I couldn't find anything suitable on taobao.

To be honest, I am having difficulty finding the following,

• Firearms similar to SAC 2045, am using P90 for now, and it's still in Shanghai.
• Green T-shirt for batou or similar. Using all black now, And only managed track pant with pockets instead of tactical pants.
• Motoko's pants, had to go with denim and supposedly skinny jeans, but it's not really accurate since it's not tight fitting, but yoga pants don't look that correct, and pleather is hard to source in dark blue.

ElBundy

ElBundy
Randam Hajile wrote:

Cool! Are the items from the ThreeZero luxury version (plus swimsuit and jacket), or are they kitbashed from different sets? Where is the helmet from?
In fact, I saw the movie before I noticed the anime and the manga. In this movie, Scarlett has this cool, angry, and focused look.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
valentin wrote:No way!!!! It's amazing!

Able to share the firearm and pants source? They look way way better than what I sourced.

That tight fitting look and the firearm had been on my criteria for the longest, but I couldn't find anything suitable on taobao.

To be honest, I am having difficulty finding the following,

• Firearms similar to SAC 2045, am using P90 for now, and it's still in Shanghai.
• Green T-shirt for batou or similar. Using all black now, And only managed track pant with pockets instead of tactical pants.
• Motoko's pants, had to go with denim and supposedly skinny jeans, but it's not really accurate since it's not tight fitting, but yoga pants don't look that correct, and pleather is hard to source in dark blue.

I'm happy that you like my kitbash. It is not as faithful to the original outfit as your own version.

Of course, I can point you to the source of the items that I used. The rifle (and head) is from the Cat Toys "Major"-Kit (CT-006). Unfortunately, the kit is long sold out, but you might be lucky to find something on Ebay. The low rising pleather pants are from the strange VSToys Nun Cloak kit, the "B"-version. You can find it here at Giantoys:
https://giantoy.com/products/pre-order-1-6-vstoys-19xg60-nun-cloak-clothes-set?variant=31458977775679

I have not tried to bash Batou, but it seems that black tactical pants and a green T-shirt should not be very rare items. I would check the usual sellers that part out military equipment. Batous's vest might be more difficult, and I just remeber an old Toymaster "War journalist"-set including something similar.    

ElBundy wrote:
Randam Hajile wrote:

Cool! Are the items from the ThreeZero luxury version (plus swimsuit and jacket), or are they kitbashed from different sets? Where is the helmet from?
In fact, I saw the movie before I noticed the anime and the manga. In this movie, Scarlett has this cool, angry, and focused look.

The parts are all from different sets. See above. The helmet/face mask is a custom item that I bought from a chinese Ebay seller some years ago. I have not seen something similar anywhere since ... but it is more a prop than a real part of the outfit.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool project, valentin. She looks great.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I really enjoy seeing people's interpretations of characters, especially in cases like this, where there are stylistic and creative choices to be made. I like that you used a more realistic (but still stylized head) instead of a more anime one, because kinda shows how the character translates to you, which I think is always interesting. Her hair looks even better with the additional cut and styling, and I like the choice of the more textured material for the body suit, instead of a more obvious swimsuit material. It's visually more interesting when adapting an animated design into a physical medium, and may work better than trying to stick to slavishly to the source material. And I actually like the choice oh jeans (which is what assumed she was wearing with that outfit) over pleather or spandex. I agree, maybe more fitted stretch denim would be nice, but would definitely limit movement/posability, and pleather never seems to hold up as well anyway. Although I go think there has been some more fitted jeans made in 1/6 before.

Very excited to see how you approach Batou, which seems like such an incredibly fun project to do. I agree with Randam, his outfit shouldn't be too hard to source from any of the sites that part out figures. And I wonder if 3D printing sites, like shapeways, wouldn't be a great source for some of the more scifi guns.

Also agree the casting of Beat Takeshi as Aramaki is the best choice they made in that movie adaptation.

csyeung

csyeung
Looking great so far!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
It looks like you magically made the smaller scale figure into 1/6, that's some great work on getting her to look so good.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045 1f60e

TheLastYogiriFan

TheLastYogiriFan
Oh she looks amazing! I wanted to kitbash one after seeing the jacket pop up on ebay and the rising price of the old Real Action Heroes figure.

Though I wanted to use a more anime head, not sure if the old Toycom head would fit a phicen

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Looks great! I especially like the jacket as it fits her really well and really sells it as the Major.

Allotropos

Allotropos
excellent work Valentine !
Looking forward to season 2 !
Awesome looking Major !
I hope you have plans for a Batou next in the pipeline !
Interested to see your take on that big fella.

Illusion

Illusion
I like your figure!
really great job on the hair - I find this stubborn hair of the 1/6 heads really tough to work with...

HS looks better in hand to me than in the promos.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum