OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ukshaun's random pics

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

121Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:06 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Interesting find. The decision to display her in front of a painting is brilliant.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

122Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:10 pm

ukshaun

GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting find. The decision to display her in front of a painting is brilliant.

Ha-ha..
The painting has been in the family for years. I have no idea who painted it, but i do like the scene.
I grabbed it off the wall to use as a background for an out of the box photo shoot ;D

I used a directional light to shine light onto the side of the figure face. The direction reflects the same light direction as can be seen on the buildings in the painting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

123Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:23 pm

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Pretty interesting figure. Creepy as hell.

124Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:40 pm

ukshaun

Stryker2012 wrote:Pretty interesting figure. Creepy as hell.

Cartoony creepy Very Happy
The character could almost be Zombie Harley Quinn

125Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:48 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Dsc00416

Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Dsc00415

Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Dsc00417
LOADING: Image(s)

The title of this 12" figure by Sideshow Collectibles, based on the wording on the box, is..

GOLDFINGER

Honor Blackman
as
Pussy Galore

A 1/6th scale blast from Sideshow's figure past. I spotted this on ebay and had to see it in hand Smile

The window style box works well.
Inside the box the figure sits in the usual type of clear plastic, and is attached using black wire ties around the ankles, wrists, and neck.
Which seems a bit on the extreme side.
The circular Hot Toys style base sits behind clear plastic which is glued (yes glued!) to the rear of the box.
For the moment i have left the base in situ. In the future, i might have to tear it off.

The figure ships with a total of 2 hands (both attached).
Accessories amount to two, 2 different types of pistol -  Dart Gun, S&W .45

Pussy Galore clothing includes black velvet jacket, black velvet trousers (pants), gold vest, pair of black high-heel shoes.

The portrait.. dated for sure. Lacks that level of realism associated with Hot Toys figures. The hair for example looks carved.
As dated as the portrait looked, it does have a certain level of dated charm going for it.

The body.. nothing too special. Made using shiny skin tone plastic. It does the job. The good news is, the ankle joints are stiff.
The not so good news is, the hip joins are not all that stiff.

This figure was new when it arrived. Part of me felt guilty opening the box, given the figure had been stored inside since (i do not know the year of release).

126Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:06 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree. Like so many of Sideshow's early releases (but to some extent that is true even of Hot Toys), the execution has not aged particularly well (in the sense it is dated by modern standards). However, it is not that bad, and if the joints are stiff, you ended up with a fully armed and operational action figure. Which is certainly a good thing.

127Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:21 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s not a bad looking figure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 1f10

128Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:22 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree. Like so many of Sideshow's early releases (but to some extent that is true even of Hot Toys), the execution has not aged particularly well (in the sense it is dated by modern standards). However, it is not that bad, and if the joints are stiff, you ended up with a fully armed and operational action figure. Which is certainly a good thing.

Also, i picked up the piece for a good price. There are still good prices to be had for 'used'. I picked up 'new'. Some sellers are asking 3x or more compared to what i paid.
In terms of quality, Sideshow appeared to up their game compared to their Scarface 1/6th figure (that talks). I own the Scarface figure, and he is a fun figure to own Very Happy

Later Blitzway would show the world what is really possibly, when it comes to 1/6 Scarface Tony Montana figures.

129Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:04 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Ant-Man-and-the-Wasp

Hot Toys - The Wasp

This is a photo i took back during November 2020

130Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:11 pm

davidd

davidd
Cool profile shot of the helmet. Interesting visual textures on the surfaces. Looks like a very detailed figure.

131Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:25 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very nice fig, Great that the one you picked is so minty! lovely photographed, Just a shame about he molded hair Crying or Very sad .

132Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:35 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 20230913

Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 20230914

Cobra, Marion Cobretti 1/6th figure from Sly Stallone Shop

Finally, after spending much time travelling the globe and being held in customs, Cobra, Marion Cobretti arrived, and what a figure he is!
As with the John James Rambo figure, the quality is high, the same in fact.

Some out of the box shots taken using a Samsung S22 (phone)
I mention this, as the small lens and distance to figure can distort things. In the top shot,
Cobra's nose might look on the wide side. It's not in person. Please no freaking out.. Smile

What’s In The Box:
Ultra-realistic head sculpt - hand painted
8x  black gloved hands that are quite flexible
Black jacket
Black shirt
Black boots
Blue jeans/denim’s
Weapon holster - the type that goes over the upper body
Colt Gold Cup National Match (custom)
Machinegun Jatimatic SMG with 4 magazines and laser optic
Two hand grenades
Police badge - that can be clipped onto Cobra’s belt
Wristwatch
Sunglasses
Necklace (Metal)
3x Matchsticks
Luxury diorama stand that resembles a Snake (a Cobra)

Compared to the promo shot’s, in person, the shades look so much better.
The lenses are clear enough so that Cobra’s eye’s can be seen.
As great as Cobra’s eye’s look, the shades in place really complete the look.
The arms of the shades clip onto Cobra’s ears to perfection.

The head sculpt looks well painted. The eye’s are as they should be.
The sculpt looks excellent. The hair appears to be moulded as part of the head sculpt,
except the front section of hair stands away from the forehead, which works really well.
If I wanted to be hyper-picky, then as good as the stumble looks,
the proto pictures did appear to should a better (higher) level of stumble paint app.

The blue jeans/denim’s look good, although I did notice that the front two belt loops appear to be positioned further back towards the pockets,
unlike the proto, which appears to show the two belt loops further forward.

8x black gloved hands are of a quality that allows the weapons to be held without being too stiff or too soft.

Cobra ships with 3x matchstick’s that simply wedge between Cobra’s upper and lower lips.  

The weapons are high quality. InArt would have probably taken the weapons to another level, and made them from metal.
I am not too bothered, given the Hot Toys level price point.

Only the other day i watched a Cobra review on YouTube by SixScaleMafia
As much as I like SixScaleMafia’s live chat’s, I found his review to be verging on the negative. He seemed to be in a rush. He failed to make use of the Cobra trademark matchstick in mouth. I was left with the impression he possibly suffers from owning too many figures, thus the magic has possibly worn off to some degree. I guess like all collectors, we tend to like what we see (most of the time) and then want more!

If I wanted to point out two slight negatives when it comes to Cobra,
then I might mention that the black shirt cuff’s folded back flair out more than I would like.
I can work on those, or display the figure without the shirt and make use of the upper body holster.

Likewise, Cobra’s arms tend to stick out slightly, seemingly impossible to pose more pushed against the body.
This might be intentional to demonstrate Stallone’s physique back in 1986

Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 20230912

When I removed the brown shipper out of the brown shipper, the top of the box was open, tape removed?
..which made me wonder if Sly Stallone Shop inspects some/every figure prior to despatch?

When I removed the art box from the brown shipper,
I thought it was slightly odd that Cobra’s portrait was facing right, opposed to directly forward?

-

Credits:
Supervision and Direction by: Sylvester Stallone
Executive Producer and direction: Nick Cordasco from The Sly Stallone Shop
Artist Direction and Production Management: Fabio Varesi
3d Head sculpt: Inigo Gil
3d accessories design: Sean Dabbs
Master Paint: Dario BarberaBox Artwork: John Rivoli
Shipping late Summer 2023
Format: 1/6  (Approx 30 cm / 12 Inches)
Price: $290 dollars

133Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
"I think I remember the film,

And as I recall, I think we both kinda liked it"
Smile
Nice rendition of Sly in Cobra. But "cobra" now always makes me think, ironically, of Albert Brooks in The In-Laws (2003).

134Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:16 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice grab, Shaun. I never really cared for the film myself (and now I barely remember it).

Ian! For the love of god, son! Watch the original In-Laws with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin (much MUCH better than that unfunny remake).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

135Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:19 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Ian! For the love of god, son! Watch the original In-Laws with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin (much MUCH better than that unfunny remake).
I'm sure it is... just haven't come across it yet. I love Peter Falk. Meanwhile, I'm just saying that out of that context, the remake is not so horrible (in the absence of greater expectations). That said, I'm not promoting it -- just remember all that "big cobra" talk... because it was awkward!

136Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:28 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice rendition of Sly in Cobra. But "cobra" now always makes me think, ironically, of Albert Brooks in The In-Laws (2003).

I had to Google 'Albert Brooks'. Can't say as i see any resemblance.

Stryker2012 wrote:Nice grab, Shaun. I never really cared for the film myself (and now I barely remember it)

The last time i watched Cobra was back in the Vhs days. I might have to pick up the DVD as as far as i can tell, Cobra has yet to make it to Blu-ray status, not here in the UK atleast. I think i have fallen down the Sly Stallone Shop 1/6th figure rabbit hole. I find it slightly annoying that the 3rd figure, Rocky Loan Shark has two options 'Deluxe' and 'Standard'. I might have to go with 'Deluxe' as the base looks superior. What's so annoying is, the 'Standard' features basic black shiny base, which is a downgrade from John James Rambo. Thinking about, the Cobra base is nothing too special. I will have to think about it. Maybe 'Standard' is the way to go, as i am not sold on the extra portrait of the 'Deluxe' edition.

137Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:22 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice rendition of Sly in Cobra. But "cobra" now always makes me think, ironically, of Albert Brooks in The In-Laws (2003).

It is not a visual resemblance at all. It is a verbal reference.

138Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:36 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:

It is not a visual resemblance at all. It is a verbal reference.

oh..

139Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:50 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Dsc00811

Yan Toys - A Clockwork Orange - Alex 1/6th scale figure

This arrived two days ago.
Alex represents my 1st Yan Toys figure to add to the collection.

Over all i am very happy with the figure.
The box, thick card, sponge filled, feels like quality. Good start to the boxing opening Smile
The base amounts to solid square of actual wood.
Included is a brass/gold colored metal name plaque that is felt backed, that can be placed on the base.
The figure has some weight to it, and feels like quality.
The outfit looks really nice.
The various accessories (i am being lazy not to list them all) look great! ..special mention to the 'phallus' which appers to be made from clay with a glazed white finished, just like the phallus in the movie. I has some weight to it. Impressed!  

The only negative, are the boots, which are black plastic, with laces sculpted in.
Proper black leather boots with laces would have been better. It is no big deal Smile

All in all, i am super happy to add Alex to the collection Smile

-

..maybe, it might be worth looking into sourcing some replacement boots?

-

Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 A_cloc10

After Google'ing around.. i discovered the name of the boots as worn in the movie A Clockwork Orange
The name of the boots are 'Bovver Boots'.

Then i discovered an auction that took place (they SOLD for a whopping $4,480.00 )

A pair of dark leather lace-up "bovver boots" worn by James Marcus as Georgie, one of the droogs, in A Clockwork Orange
(Warner Bros., 1971). Both boots are inscribed, using blue ballpoint pen on the inside, with the initials "M.M." The right boot
is additionally ink-stamped "K-0713", while the left boot includes another blue ballpoint pen inscription that reads "J.
Marcus". In the film, Malcom McDowell plays "Alex" and James Marcus plays "Georgie".

Drawing inspiration from the ruffian London street style of the early 1970s, costume designer Milena Canonero chose the
"bovver boots" as part of the droogs uniform to perfect the classic, yet edgy wardrobe the film is notable for. The boots
play an integral part in some of the film's more violent scenes, including the infamous "Singing in the Rain" sequence.

Just need to find a 1/6th scale pair of '8 eyelet' Bovver Boots, with real laces.. or maybe something very similar.
Boots that look better than the Yan Toys boots Smile

140Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:43 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good luck. The figure looks like an excellent rendition of what it portrays. My friend Dimitri tried to introduce me to the "wonder" of this film, but I can't say I ever appreciated it.

141Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:47 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:Good luck. The figure looks like an excellent rendition of what it portrays. My friend Dimitri tried to introduce me to the "wonder" of this film, but I can't say I ever appreciated it.

Finding 8 eyelet boots is proving difficult. I have found 7 eyelet and 9 eyelet.

A Clockwork Orange can come across as dated, which it is. Personally i think the movie received far more attention than it deserved. I like it all the same.
The moment that see's four Droogs walking along the waters edge in slow motion has been copied by the likes of Quentin Tarantino for Reservoir Dogs, and inspired others.

142Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:49 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Hmmm. Check anything and everything DiD, they might have made the type of boots you’re looking for at one time or another.

143Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:15 pm

Zes

Zes
I love A Clockwork Orange. I was also very tempted to get that Alex figure, mainly because of the expressive head sculpt.

It doesn't seem that difficult to source a replacement boot. They look generic enough to the point that there should be several options on the market.

144Ukshaun's random pics - Page 7 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:17 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2012 wrote:Hmmm. Check anything and everything DiD, they might have made the type of boots you’re looking for at one time or another.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Zes wrote:I love A Clockwork Orange. I was also very tempted to get that Alex figure, mainly because of the expressive head sculpt.

It doesn't seem that difficult to source a replacement boot. They look generic enough to the point that there should be several options on the market.

Now that i have seen what the actual boots look like, should help in the search.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum