OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ukshaun's random pics

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

141Ukshaun's random pics - Page 8 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:47 pm

ukshaun

GubernatorFan wrote:Good luck. The figure looks like an excellent rendition of what it portrays. My friend Dimitri tried to introduce me to the "wonder" of this film, but I can't say I ever appreciated it.

Finding 8 eyelet boots is proving difficult. I have found 7 eyelet and 9 eyelet.

A Clockwork Orange can come across as dated, which it is. Personally i think the movie received far more attention than it deserved. I like it all the same.
The moment that see's four Droogs walking along the waters edge in slow motion has been copied by the likes of Quentin Tarantino for Reservoir Dogs, and inspired others.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

142Ukshaun's random pics - Page 8 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:49 pm

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Hmmm. Check anything and everything DiD, they might have made the type of boots you’re looking for at one time or another.

143Ukshaun's random pics - Page 8 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:15 pm

Zes

I love A Clockwork Orange. I was also very tempted to get that Alex figure, mainly because of the expressive head sculpt.

It doesn't seem that difficult to source a replacement boot. They look generic enough to the point that there should be several options on the market.

144Ukshaun's random pics - Page 8 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:17 pm

ukshaun

Stryker2012 wrote:Hmmm. Check anything and everything DiD, they might have made the type of boots you’re looking for at one time or another.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Zes wrote:I love A Clockwork Orange. I was also very tempted to get that Alex figure, mainly because of the expressive head sculpt.

It doesn't seem that difficult to source a replacement boot. They look generic enough to the point that there should be several options on the market.

Now that i have seen what the actual boots look like, should help in the search.

145Ukshaun's random pics - Page 8 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:58 pm

teamweapon

OOHHHH i saw some boots like that the other day on FB! they were brown but with a bit of dry brushing would have been perfect. they were definitely DID, unfortuntely i cant remember where it was Sad sorry
so you like the figure then? i didnt much like the sculpt, but dont like ANY of the ones ever for this figure, mebe look better in hand? and didnt like the hat either. hmm might be more inclined to pick this up after your review Smile do you mind me asking how much you picked it up for??

146Ukshaun's random pics - Page 8 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:51 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
teamweapon wrote:OOHHHH i saw some boots like that the other day on FB! they were brown but with a bit of dry brushing would have been perfect. they were definitely DID, unfortuntely i cant remember where it was Sad sorry
so you like the figure then? i didnt much like the sculpt, but dont like ANY of the ones ever for this figure, mebe look better in hand? and didnt like the hat either. hmm might be more inclined to pick this up after your review Smile do you mind me asking how much you picked it up for??

I like the figure. It is probably the best looking Alex on the market. Could it look better? Yes. Hot Toys, InArt could take Alex to another level Smile
I have been looking at many DID boots.
I paid £275.00 ($350.00 USD)

Ukshaun's random pics - Page 8 1-6_sc17
LOADING: Image(s)

I spotted these on aliexpress.com
56% off the price, meaning they cost £5.58 ($7.13 USD)

I figured they could be cut down to size to 8 eyelets.
It if works it works. If it fails.. no big deal Smile

Finding 8 eyelet boots has proved impossible. 7 or 9 eyelet boots are easy to find.

-

Today i stumbled across a website:
https://shepherdminiatures.com/

They do offer the famous footwear Dr. Martens / Doc Martens feat. 8 eyelets. They fail to give a sense of scale?
It had crossed my mind to reach out, and ask them to make a pair of boots for my Alex figure Smile

Fashion - Feat. Doc Martens (boots).
https://shepherdminiatures.com/product-category/shops/fashion/

147Ukshaun's random pics - Page 8 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:18 am

teamweapon

ahhh ok full price, just checking you didnt have a hook up for a cheapo haha. as thats my middle name! always on the hunt for a bargain Wink
those ALI boots looks GREAT but not quite, what you need i dont think, but superb none the less.
that shepards link is AWESOME!!!! but from what i can tell its all 1/12? theres some amazing stuff on there, wish there was an alt site the same but for 1/6.
the shoes you linked are 1/12 and also says are not suitable for putting on a figure Sad
let me have a quick trawl on FB and see if i can find those did boots i saw? they could also be wrong for you as well, as when i saw them wasnt paying THAT much attention but seemed about the right kind of size and looked well worn.

148Ukshaun's random pics - Page 8 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:18 am

teamweapon

holy SMOKES that took ages to find!
and your right they are 9 holes, but i still think look better than your other options?
the boots on the right.
Ukshaun's random pics - Page 8 44498810

149Ukshaun's random pics - Page 8 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:01 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
teamweapon wrote:holy SMOKES that took ages to find!
and your right they are 9 holes, but i still think look better than your other options?
the boots on the right.
Ukshaun's random pics - Page 8 44498810

Thanks.

I have seen those boots during my searches. I like the 'worn' factor. While it seems the original boots were brown, the boots tended to look black in the movie. I will be stick with black, as it looks better Smile ..besides, the plastic, non laces boots that ship with the figure are black.

150Ukshaun's random pics - Page 8 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:40 am

Ephiane

Ephiane

very nice figures, well staged and photographed. My favorite is the Bond collection. Thank you for showing me

151Ukshaun's random pics - Page 8 Empty Re: Ukshaun's random pics Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:19 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Ukshaun's random pics - Page 8 20240611
LOADING: Image(s)

A pair of boots arrived from AliExpress (see: boots on left side of image).
I cut them down so that only 8 eyelets are on show,
and laced them up so that the top 8th eyelet is not being used, as they are in the movie A Clockwork Orange.
The original all plastic boots from Yan Toys feature 12 eyelets.

On removing the plastic boots from Yan Toys Alex figure i discovered that the leg pegs into the boot,
there is no foot.
I am going to see if i have a pair of spare feet to place inside the new boots.

On the subject of the new 'actual lace-up' boots, they look good. One of the eye-lets is out of position,
which is slightly annoying.
Even after cutting the boots down (to reduce the eye-let count) they remained the same height as the plastic boots that ship with the figure.

Once the boots have been fit i will form a better opinion.
I might end up searching for another pair of boots.
The more spare parts i end up with, mean i have more parts to make up a new characters Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum