OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Calista - Work & Play!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Calista - Work & Play! Empty Calista - Work & Play! Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:03 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
So, I put together a small room dio for a few random pics, but an idea quickly developed, hope you enjoy the pics!

The room is made up from flat pack walls which are just pushed together.

Calista - Work & Play! Set-up-1
Calista - Work & Play! Set-up-2

As you can see, the walls I use are double sided to create different scenes.

Calista - Work & Play! 52337414502_3c304ee6e4_c
Calista - Work & Play! 52337414457_96726c19a5_c
Calista - Work & Play! 52338800555_9802a37f70_c
Calista - Work & Play! 52337414292_a99a3425fd_c
Calista - Work & Play! 52337414247_e8afb12780_c

The work & Play shoot!

Calista - Work & Play! 52340249596_e2d840c7bf_c
Calista - Work & Play! 52340488393_8632dcf7eb_c
Calista - Work & Play! 52340679215_2e7f651876_c
Calista - Work & Play! 52340549689_ac19eac030_c
Calista - Work & Play! 52340488218_c64819b254_c
Calista - Work & Play! 52342446461_372c30aa27_c
Calista - Work & Play! 52341488852_b38e20bd94_c
Calista - Work & Play! 52342749284_c92e227a87_c
Calista - Work & Play! 52341488732_9d723d12bc_c
Calista - Work & Play! 52341488687_4ddc1470aa_c

2Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:45 am

Diana

Diana
Oh how cute!! I'm right there with her. Smile

Great little dio and great little scene. Thank you! Very Happy

3Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:43 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Cool scenes, I love all the little details (something most of my dios are still missing).

Very dynamic poses too. Smile

4Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:52 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love the modular and adaptable diorama pieces, which is also more sophisticated than what most of us are likely to make.  It worked very effectively with the nice pieces you selected for the interior.  What do you use to secure (presumably only temporarily) the picture and shelving frames to the (printed?) wall surface?  Are those plastic aquarium plants in the pot?  The dog is very cute, if a little stylized (but maybe that works well alongside her head), and I thought it was judging her the whole time, which I found delightful.  The choice of clothing exaggerates her already hefty top, which takes away from realism, but perhaps the whole thing works artistically.  The posing was great and the photography beautiful.

5Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:50 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very neat little room box. Nice decor and the photos and posing are as usual really well done. Nice work, Dal.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Calista - Work & Play! C8485110

6Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:12 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
The room looks good and the posing is excellent.

7Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:58 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very nice looking diorama!

Your lady looks great!

8Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:10 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Diana wrote:Oh how cute!! I'm right there with her. Smile

Great little dio and great little scene. Thank you! Very Happy

Thank you Diana! it was a fun set to put together Very Happy .

Valiarde wrote:Cool scenes, I love all the little details (something most of my dios are still missing).

Very dynamic poses too. Smile

Thanks Very Happy , I do agree, the small details can really make a scene.

GubernatorFan wrote:I love the modular and adaptable diorama pieces, which is also more sophisticated than what most of us are likely to make.  It worked very effectively with the nice pieces you selected for the interior.  What do you use to secure (presumably only temporarily) the picture and shelving frames to the (printed?) wall surface?  Are those plastic aquarium plants in the pot?  The dog is very cute, if a little stylized (but maybe that works well alongside her head), and I thought it was judging her the whole time, which I found delightful.  The choice of clothing exaggerates her already hefty top, which takes away from realism, but perhaps the whole thing works artistically.  The posing was great and the photography beautiful.

Many thanks Ian! hey, the walls aren't that hard to make, and they are so useful. I use blu-tac to hold the picture frames and small push pins (drawing pins) to hold the shelf up. Good eye, it is indeed a plastic plant in the pot, I find them extremely versatile for sets. Very Happy , I had the same thoughts about the dog! Laughing . Really pleased you enjoyed the post.

Stryker2011 wrote:Very neat little room box. Nice decor and the photos and posing are as usual really well done. Nice work, Dal.

Cheers Mark bounce , really pleased you like dit.

TravelGuide wrote:The room looks good and the posing is excellent.

You are very kind, thank you!

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very nice looking diorama!

Your lady looks great!

Cheers BadWolf! bounce bounce bounce

9Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:51 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Cool diorama setting! The shots wherein Calista plays the guitar look great!

10Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:58 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Randam Hajile wrote:Cool diorama setting! The shots wherein Calista plays the guitar look great!

Very Happy Cheers Ralph! It was great fun to set up and photograph Very Happy

11Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:00 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
Nice roombox concept. I love the warhammer figures in the shelf. 1/6 figures for 1/6 figures.

12Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:51 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for confirming about the blue tack (I assumed it was that). I've been thinking of doing the same. In the dollhouse review I did recently, I used it to hold in place the window and door frames. I actually just purchased a bunch more aquarium plastic plants, hoping to be able to use them in dioramas. Although it has been awhile since I've used any. Anyway, always a delight to view and learn from your dioramas.

13Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:11 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
ElBundy wrote:Nice roombox concept. I love the warhammer figures in the shelf. 1/6 figures for 1/6 figures.

Many thanks El! Very Happy Those warhammer figs make great statues bounce

GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you for confirming about the blue tack (I assumed it was that). I've been thinking of doing the same. In the dollhouse review I did recently, I used it to hold in place the window and door frames. I actually just purchased a bunch more aquarium plastic plants, hoping to be able to use them in dioramas. Although it has been awhile since I've used any. Anyway, always a delight to view and learn from your dioramas.

Not a problem Ian, always happy to help pass on tips where I can bounce . I look forward to seeing your new pics. Now, off to find your doll house review Very Happy .

14Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:12 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not a problem Ian, always happy to help pass on tips where I can bounce . I look forward to seeing your new pics. Now, off to find your doll house review Very Happy .[/quote]

LOL. It's not so much a dollhouse review as wall elements for building a dollhouse review. Smile Anyway, it is here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6054-laserlines-sixth-scale-room-box-diorama-elements-part-i

Since then, I have gotten their hinged door, but haven't had time to make any improvements (painting or wallpapers, etc).

15Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:48 am

Illusion

Illusion
awwww - so neat and awesome again!! really versatile and cool
wonderful accessories and plausible dynamic posing
simply love your stuff

the Warhammer figures are great! Though I have seen similiar uses of tiny figures, I keep forgetting that figures of board games or stuff like that may work as decoration for 1/6

16Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:00 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's looking really good and having the walls be double sided is a great way to save on space for storing more, very nice at home shots too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Calista - Work & Play! 1f60e

17Calista - Work & Play! Empty Re: Calista - Work & Play! Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:09 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Not a problem Ian, always happy to help pass on tips where I can bounce . I look forward to seeing your new pics. Now, off to find your doll house review Very Happy .

LOL. It's not so much a dollhouse review as wall elements for building a dollhouse review. Smile Anyway, it is here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6054-laserlines-sixth-scale-room-box-diorama-elements-part-i

Since then, I have gotten their hinged door, but haven't had time to make any improvements (painting or wallpapers, etc).[/quote]

Thanks for the link Ian, I will check it out Very Happy .

Illusion wrote:awwww - so neat and awesome again!! really versatile and cool
wonderful accessories and plausible dynamic posing
simply love your stuff

the Warhammer figures are great! Though I have seen similiar uses of tiny figures, I keep forgetting that  figures of board games or stuff like that may work as decoration for 1/6

Thanks so much Illusion, I hope you get some of the smaller stuff out for your future dioramas bounce .

Theboo-bomb wrote:That's looking really good and having the walls be double sided is a great way to save on space for storing more, very nice at home shots too.

Double sided walls are very handy my friend, Pleased you enjoyed the pics Very Happy .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum