OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 40]

251Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:11 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s both the perk and the downfall of “bundle for free shipping” — you either have to wait a long time after being charged for other stuff to arrive, or you get clobbered when a bunch of things arrive around the same time.

I didn't even realise that free shipping was an option....though I guess it probably only applies to stuff being sent within the US.... :/

Yeah, not sure you have that option where you are, S. Worth looking into. My go-to shop offers this option for orders over $350, and as we’ve seen that’s pretty easy to achieve in this hobby. I’ve had to wait some times a few months after others have their stuff, but if it saves me money so I can get other things, I’m okay with it.

252Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:20 am

ukshaun

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Poster10

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Dsc09913

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Dsc09910

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Dsc09914

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Dsc09911
LOADING: Image(s)

Freddy Krueger - A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors by Sideshow Collectibles 1/6th Scale Figure

Artists:
Jeff Yagher (Sculpt)
Mat Brouillard (Sculpt)
JPark (Sculpt)
Tim Niver (Sculpt)
Adam Smith
Wan Lee (Paint)
Namhoon Kim (Paint)
Mijin Namgung (Costume Fabrication)

Freddy arrived today
He will be joining my slow growing 1/6th scale line up featuring various horror characters.

I made use of the Spooktacular 2022 SPOOKY22 13% off code along with some SSC points, which helped justify the cost of the figure.

What can i say?
I like the figure. It is good to see Sideshow Collectibles support classic horror screen monsters.
I hope they offer more horror characters from other movies in the future.

Freddy's portrait looks nicely detailed, with a decent enough paint app.

The 2 unique gloved hands, one open and one gesture hand, both look excellent! with good blood splatter.
The blades look metal with their chrome finish.

The figure ships with ungloved 3 lefts hands each with there own pose/gesture.

Freddy's classic striped sweater, brown trousers and boots all look as they should.

One trick Sideshow appeared to miss was the inclusion of 2 hands featuring syringes on each of the finger tips.
Maybe Sideshow did consider the idea but felt it was a step too far? who knows?

The only negatives with regards to the figure include:
1. Freddy's fedora (hat) cannot be removed (no big deal)
1. The joints on Freddy's body are not as tight as a Hot Toys body.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

253Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:26 am

ukshaun

ElBundy wrote:Sadie just met Django. They seem to get along well with each other.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 52429911423_59f32b4d20_c1 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 52429911353_b4d3e33587_c2

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 52429848365_c3c681e913_c3 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 52429848240_53f9cbe811_c4

Excellent! Very Happy
The backdrops works well. Great figure posing.
I find it difficult to light a figure without casting a shadow onto the background.
Sometimes i want there to be a shadow. At other times i do not.

254Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:02 pm

valentin

Not 1/6, but true scale 1/18.....

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Whats119

Got to love the bioluminescence detailing under uv light.

255Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:21 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool. Shame the line didn’t go past one figure in 1/6.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 C8485110

256Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:10 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
ElBundy wrote:Sadie just met Django. They seem to get along well with each other.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 52429911423_59f32b4d20_c1 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 52429911353_b4d3e33587_c2

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 52429848365_c3c681e913_c3 Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 52429848240_53f9cbe811_c4

In the final shot she appears to be smiling. Is that a swap-out portrait or some Photoshop work? Smile

257Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:26 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a FaceApp mod.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 C8485110

258Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:53 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s a FaceApp mod.

It looks excellent. I'm impressed.

259Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:16 am

Diana

Diana
Hello all! No major purchases lately. Still waiting for my Amazon Soldier. But I have been buying some cat suits and boots that might interest some of you.

The tailoring of the suits is not well suited for the bustier models like the Vampire Slayer body, but they will be taped over with kinetic tape, so I don't mind too much and that experiment will therefore continue soon! I'm just a little scared of messing it up, cause they ain't cheap! ~20 bucks each! I wouldn't buy them off Ebay again, because it's been an ordeal! Better search AliExpress for "1/6 sleeveless jumpsuit female".

Very interesting to me are also the flat boots specifically for the big TBL feet. Smile

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 00whol10

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 00clos10

260Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Brilliant Diana! I always enjoy seeing your ladies!

261Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:29 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Those flat boots are definitely a good find. Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 1f44d

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

262Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:24 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I thought S47 was less busty. And didn't you learn kinetic tape is damaging (or would it be used differently). Anyway, the suit looks very nice, and these boots are excellent. The whole group of figures is looking great.

263Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:17 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
The boots look great, Diana! Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 1f44d

264Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:55 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Thanks for posting. As you might recall, I have a near obsession with tall boots for female figures.  

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 52449340521_9ae94757e7_c0043 copy by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 52449612724_fa737ea5c3_c0042 copy by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 51814733127_4d963377b9_cPage_1 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

265Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:29 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
The tall soldier in the middle with the black hair, red bow, stands out.

266Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:22 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ukshaun wrote:The tall soldier in the middle with the black hair, red bow, stands out.

That's Kamiko. She wants to stand out, as a sign of contempt for her enemies.

267Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:20 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
ukshaun wrote:The tall soldier in the middle with the black hair, red bow, stands out.

That's Kamiko.  She wants to stand out, as a sign of contempt for her enemies.

Very Happy I like that..

268Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:22 am

Diana

Diana
BAMComix wrote:Brilliant Diana! I always enjoy seeing your ladies!

Why thank you! Very Happy

GubernatorFan wrote:I thought S47 was less busty. And didn't you learn kinetic tape is damaging (or would it be used differently). Anyway, the suit looks very nice, and these boots are excellent. The whole group of figures is looking great.

Good catch! I fixed the original post. This is of course the Vampire Slayer body. Smile
And yes, this time I want to place the tape on top of the bodysuit. That Ebay ordeal resulted in me having two of the suits in wrong colors, so I'll practice on those. Thank you! I love you

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Thanks for posting. As you might recall, I have a near obsession with tall boots for female figures.
Haha! You and me, both. Sadly I never got my hands on those boots you have there, because shipping was ridiculous. But I have quite a few official TBL boots. Smile

269Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:50 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Nice head and the ladies look very cool! Smile

270Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:03 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Dsc09917

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Dsc09915

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Dsc09916

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Dsc09919

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Dsc09920

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Dsc09918

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Dsc09921

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Dsc09922
LOADING: Image(s)

Hot Toys - Black Widow (Special Edition)

Black Widow arrived today all the way from Hong Kong
This is the black outfit Black Widow from the movie Black Widow (2021)

The prototype looked amazing!
When the production pieces started showing up not so long ago, collectors were loosing their s--- over what was perceived as.. Hot Toys appeared to have altered the portrait slightly?
Why? Who knows?

This was not going to stop me from picking up the figure. I have to agree, the portrait looks slightly wider compared to the proto portrait. As to be expected with Hot Toys, the paint app looks spot on.

The outfit is far better compared to the Hot Toys Black Widow from Avengers: Endgame. I have to admit, the End Game Black Widow still rates as Hot Toys most accurate looking Scarlett Johansson

The figure ships with various accessories.
The Special Edition ships with Taskmaster’s shield

All in all I like the figure. The plan is to display Black Widow next to Taskmaster

I tend not to stress pose my 1/6th scale figures, hence the slightly boring pose in the photo's above Smile

Nearly forgot to mention the neck. Hot Toys appeared to have up’d their game when it comes to 1/6th scale necks. Thought I’d mention that.

271Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:30 pm

m76

m76
Is the zipper on the suit fake? It looks fake on the pictures. If so hot toys is really slipping.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

272Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:05 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
very nice!

273Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:40 am

Diana

Diana
I prefer angry BW, but this one is unquestionably pretty. I don't even mind the sculpted hair, since it looks like it might not impede on articulation too much!
And if that zipper is indeed fake, I personally welcome it for the sake of realism. The big zipper on my Winter Soldier BW has always bugged me a little.

274Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:45 am

m76

m76
I don't get it how is a fake zipper more realistic?

http://madblog.shacknet.us

275Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:13 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
m76 wrote:Is the zipper on the suit fake? It looks fake on the pictures. If so hot toys is really slipping.

The zipped does not function as a zipper. I assume Hot Toys did this to retain resolution. Quite often, zippers tend to be over-scaled for 1/6th figures. Also, i assume Hot Toys does not intend collectors to attempt to remove the outfit.

276Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:24 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
m76 wrote:I don't get it how is a fake zipper more realistic?

If the zipper is fake, it can be made smaller and thus more 'in-scale'. The realism of a lot of 1/6 scale zippers is dampened by the fact that, in order to be functional, many of them have to be made over-sized.

There are some exceptions, of course, but oversized zippers *is* something that can be problem with a lot of 1/6 scale clothing.

277Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:53 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
ukshaun wrote:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Dsc09920

The prototype looked amazing!
When the production pieces started showing up not so long ago, collectors were loosing their s--- over what was perceived as.. Hot Toys appeared to have altered the portrait slightly?
Why? Who knows?

Wow. I wish all 1/6 figures had portraits that were that far off from the prototype. I think she looks great. I looked up the prototype pics, and I just don’t see that much of a drop off. If I had bought the figure, I wouldn’t have given it much thought, and I tend to be super critical when it comes to prototype sculpts vs production sculpts..

278Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:52 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think it's probably moreso that Hot Toys tends to have a higher rate of 'similarity' between prototype and final product than the various third party companies, so maybe people have different expectations?

279Your Latest Purchase... - Page 11 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:00 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice pick up!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum