OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Whoah! That really looks great. What a beast! That thing looks magnificent.

BAMComix

Brilliant work!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I read the story at the link Ovy provided and agree, it was pretty great, realizing that a number of science fiction tropes familiar from movies might go back to it (unless it, too, goes back to others). Alex, your Cthulhu is as beautiful as a monster of this type could possibly be, and your new paintwork really helps bring out the gory details. It also looks leaner and meaner, so we better watch out!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Theboo-bomb

He's looking fantastic the green really made the details pop out and the weathering is perfect. Your gunk bucket did the trick.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Whoah! That really looks great. What a beast! That thing looks magnificent.

BAMComix wrote:Brilliant work!

GubernatorFan wrote:I read the story at the link Ovy provided and agree, it was pretty great, realizing that a number of science fiction tropes familiar from movies might go back to it (unless it, too, goes back to others). Alex, your Cthulhu is as beautiful as a monster of this type could possibly be, and your new paintwork really helps bring out the gory details. It also looks leaner and meaner, so we better watch out!

Theboo-bomb wrote:He's looking fantastic the green really made the details pop out and the weathering is perfect. Your gunk bucket did the trick.

Thanks guys!! I've finished the initial layer of green now, took a few days to get him covered by hand. I'll continue with lighter splotches here and there, then some dark green and sepia ink washes. Here are some comparison pics too, my Sauron needed a minor repair after the avalanche and he's 20" or so tall, there's Gandalf the White for comparison too; I've just started doing a quick upgrade bash of him by combining the best of the DID and Toybiz figures I have with some Palpatine hands.
Kind of Christmassy with the big green spikey tree like figure and the version of Gandalf brought back from the dead all shiny and white (okay that's more Easter but he could be Santa too..lol).

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 Ct7T3pn

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 5FaZyVY

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 Emarqky

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 C27QljD

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 IuXUAOl

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 Fq6ILGZ

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 Vik1CTC

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 WROzjt3

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He's looking pretty finished already, but I know what you mean to do. Here's a plot possibility: people decorate the gnarly-looking tree for Christmas and then it comes alive... Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I have to agree. He looks fantastic. That head is a mastercraft of imagination and customizing. The rest, is of course, equally impressive, but the head really stands out to me.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:He's looking pretty finished already, but I know what you mean to do. Here's a plot possibility: people decorate the gnarly-looking tree for Christmas and then it comes alive... Smile

So now he's Treebeard? Laughing

Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, I have to agree. He looks fantastic. That head is a mastercraft of imagination and customizing. The rest, is of course, equally impressive, but the head really stands out to me.

Cheers! Just as well since he's mostly head anyway! Wink Laughing

I had to include this video of Metallica performing "Dream No More" (Cthulhu Rising) as I seriously only heard it for the first time today (I'm kind of out of the loop even with my favourite bands since I stopped going out/drinking) and it's so appropriate to this thread and post since he's pretty much done now, just needs some glow in the dark paint which is transparent anyway.

Done loads of paint so took a while! Lighter green to give him a mottled octopus like effect, then white on all his spikey bits so they appear more bone or horn like, then a wash of sepia mixed with browns inks to pull it all together and add some depth which should help details pop a bit more. I removed the masking and rubber from his eyes at last to show off the LED mods I did before.

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 MILANR8

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 F4FggKe

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 AoE4k7S

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 JLvOCs6

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 8Ezfdwr

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 T2iDTcX

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 JAyyeUj

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 WA7u5LH

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 Y3eRIBJ

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 Lc5Nsbd

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 CA1klPM

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 ThMRHQF

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 JX7rQHw

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 GIOr5B6

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 BX4wXpt

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 LvJMhyu

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 BdsxUk2

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 SVutv8N

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 V3zQAVi

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 2agAcBF

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 FkE3nOy

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 5ZCb4Ix

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 MYBRu4l

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 I43ElwJ

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 XUtc27C

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 U9mLZeT

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 Y4AjpZB

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 L7Euryf

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 PmZc0Vr

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 Er6AILh

I'll do proper pics at some point but you know I'm always putting them off...lol.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Brilliant. All the details really shine with all the additional paint work.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah, that looks fantastic! All the details on the tentacles, scales, claws, etc. really stand out now, and I love how the sepia and brown washes look on top of everything.

And always great to find a 'new' (to you) song from a fave band. ; )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Your beast is glorious. You put in a ton of work, but it paid off -- as always.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Amazing work

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Diana

Diana
He looks amaaaaazing!!! All the work has definitely paid off, not that I ever doubted that.
I can't help but think that had you captured this process in a video you could be earning a little something on the side with the views you'd get for it... Just food for thought.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
He looks amazing, all the tentacles do make him look like a proper eldritch abomination that he is. I imagine such a being to look like this.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 1f60e

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Brilliant. All the details really shine with all the additional paint work.

skywalkersaga wrote:Ah, that looks fantastic! All the details on the tentacles, scales, claws, etc. really stand out now, and I love how the sepia and brown washes look on top of everything.

And always great to find a 'new' (to you) song from a fave band. ; )

GubernatorFan wrote:Your beast is glorious. You put in a ton of work, but it paid off -- as always.

ukshaun wrote:Amazing work

Diana wrote:He looks amaaaaazing!!! All the work has definitely paid off, not that I ever doubted that.
I can't help but think that had you captured this process in a video you could be earning a little something on the side with the views you'd get for it... Just food for thought.

Theboo-bomb wrote:He looks amazing, all the tentacles do make him look like a proper eldritch abomination that he is. I imagine such a being to look like this.

Thank you lads and ladies!! I don't have thick enough skin to do YouTube videos as a profession or even a hobby to be honest... I'm your typical temperamental artist/designer who throws tantrums over criticism from strangers Mad Wink .
Sorry for the late reply and no finished pics yet, I've been a bit 'bleah' healthwise lately, depression is unpredictable beast... Evil or Very Mad

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Feel better soon, Alex!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sorry to hear, Alex. You have friends all over the world who care about you, Brother. Hang in there.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Masterful creation! what more can be said?

Diana

Diana
Hey Alex, I'm quite familiar with the beast myself. Maybe it's just telling you to take a break. But if you find that your break is taking longer than is good for you, then - feel free to give me a shout. I love you

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I also know the feeling --- *hugs to you* , Alex. DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 1f49c

Ovy

Ovy
Finally, yay! He is disgusting, beautiful job.

I wish you all the power my dear chopper.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Feel better soon, Alex!

Stryker2011 wrote:Sorry to hear, Alex. You have friends all over the world who care about you, Brother. Hang in there.

BAMComix wrote:Masterful creation! what more can be said?

Diana wrote:Hey Alex, I'm quite familiar with the beast myself. Maybe it's just telling you to take a break. But if you find that your break is taking longer than is good for you, then - feel free to give me a shout. I love you

skywalkersaga wrote:I also know the feeling --- *hugs to you* , Alex.  DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 7 1f49c

Ovy wrote:Finally, yay! He is disgusting, beautiful job.

I wish you all the power my dear chopper.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and wishes! Sucks to know so many of you suffer from it too though Crying or Very sad . I'm getting some stuff done just not very much and not 1/6 related however I am slowly building my big LOTR (Silmarillion) Malkor figure in my head which is a welcome distraction!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looking forward to seeing that one once you feel like sharing! He's a personal fave of mine. :')

Diana

Diana
shovelchop81 wrote:
Thank you all so much for your kind words and wishes! Sucks to know so many of you suffer from it too though Crying or Very sad . I'm getting some stuff done just not very much and not 1/6 related however I am slowly building my big LOTR (Silmarillion) Malkor figure in my head which is a welcome distraction!

Oh I love creating things in my head a little too much. Laughing
I'm currently transitioning from thought to action myself. Finished my first acrylic painting last week (with borrowed materials) and I just picked up the paints, which was the last missing thing to get started at home. Now it's all waiting for me to pick up a brush and start painting. (I really need to move surfing these boards to the evenings so I have better use of daylight...)

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Just saw this YT video of a mass produced articulated Cthulhu figure, I don't need one obviously lol but thought others not as bonkers as I might like to know about it, looks pretty cool.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, that's a pretty wild little figure. Interesting treatment and options. An articulated and removable belly (or is it supposed to be a secondary but permanently closed mouth?)! The joints are very obvious, but still very cool.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Whoa, thanks for sharing!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Wow, that's a pretty wild little figure. Interesting treatment and options. An articulated and removable belly (or is it supposed to be a secondary but permanently closed mouth?)! The joints are very obvious, but still very cool.

skywalkersaga wrote:Whoa, thanks for sharing!

No probs!
As for the 'stomach' maybe another member of the pantheon gestating inside him? No idea, this is Lovecraft we're talking about lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum