OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Wow, that really is tiny, and not at all what I expected. I thought it’d at least be as big as your original Octo. Ha! Your kitten looks to be a handful. (I won’t let my dog downstairs in my work area at all — too much stuff lying around loose).

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:Wow, that really is tiny, and not at all what I expected. I thought it’d at least be as big as your original Octo. Ha! Your kitten looks to be a handful. (I won’t let my dog downstairs in my work area at all — too much stuff lying around loose).

LOL, yeah she's testing her boundaries I think, same with my food annoyingly but I'd hardly ever see her if she was locked out of my living room, she's already banned from my bedroom!
I just ordered another octopus, this one's in the UK, rubber I think and over 12" wide so plenty of tentacle to work with there and should be a quick delivery!

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 AtCP1oe

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 IpbTvg6

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 4Awg4HE

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 VLrzj7u

I think the kitten will end up with the orange one! Wink

skywalkersaga

Oooh, nice! Two builds even better than one! Very Happy

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Looks like you are in for a lot of fun. The orange octopus looked promising enough even if the smaller ones are very cool and super realistic. The new one you just ordered looks great, too, I hope it does the job. Was that first 1/4 scale body a Bruce Lee or a Sub-Mariner? Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:Oooh, nice! Two builds even better than one! Very Happy

Or more confusing than one! LOL.

GubernatorFan wrote:Looks like you are in for a lot of fun. The orange octopus looked promising enough even if the smaller ones are very cool and super realistic. The new one you just ordered looks great, too, I hope it does the job. Was that first 1/4 scale body a Bruce Lee or a Sub-Mariner? Smile

Yeah I really like the shape of the orange octopus! I'm tempted to cast one in black latex since I have all the mould making stuff here to do it and even in purple since I have a tub of that dental moulding rubbery stuff but I'll probably just heavily mod the new octopus instead.
A Sub-Mariner? you lost me on that one, must be a DID figure I haven't come across I guess, I've seen bearded ones. This is definitely Bruce Lee with Obi-Wan shins and boot tops, Hoth Han boot bottoms and gloves. Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Yeah I really like the shape of the orange octopus! I'm tempted to cast one in black latex since I have all the mould making stuff here to do it and even in purple since I have a tub of that dental moulding rubbery stuff but I'll probably just heavily mod the new octopus instead.
A Sub-Mariner? you lost me on that one, must be a DID figure I haven't come across I guess, I've seen bearded ones. This is definitely Bruce Lee with Obi-Wan shins and boot tops, Hoth Han boot bottoms and gloves. Wink
Sub-Mariner is the Marvel version of DC's Aquaman (or vice-versa). I am no expert on these superheros, that's what I've heard. He has a similar look and is lean and tall.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Yeah I really like the shape of the orange octopus! I'm tempted to cast one in black latex since I have all the mould making stuff here to do it and even in purple since I have a tub of that dental moulding rubbery stuff but I'll probably just heavily mod the new octopus instead.
Sub-Mariner is the Marvel version of DC's Aquaman (or vice-versa). I am no expert on these superheros, that's what I've heard. He has a similar look and is lean and tall.

Oh right, cheers!

Ephiane

Ephiane
Holy Crab ! Can´t wait to see hin finished. A genre we don´t have so far here. We definitly need cuthulu creatures ! If it´s finished You maybe need a priestess who summond a cthulu creature. Smile

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 Cbc94210

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Ephiane wrote:Holy Crab ! Can´t wait to see hin finished. A genre we don´t have so far here. We definitly need cuthulu creatures !  If it´s finished You maybe need a priestess who summond a cthulu creature.   Smile

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 Cbc94210

Interesting idea! They'd need the Necronomicon/Book Of The Dead etc.. Since you're great with doing custom females and photographic stories (both of which I don't often do and then it's always SW related) perhaps when I get around to building/finishing this guy you can do some photoshop magic and combine my pictures with one of your priestesses? Just an idea.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Oh, i really like all the work here done by two or more Forum Members together. So i will help for sure. I´m really bad with photoshop but i can do magical effects with the face app. Wink Great Creature, so creepy !

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
The Kraken has arrived!! Now this is an octopus...for 1/6 that is...would still make a decent meal in the real world scale...get out the BBQ! Oh yeah it's rubbery as in plastic not that it hasn't been beaten the required 40x on a hot rock to tenderise it and left in the sun a bit before cutting the tentacles off to be seasoned with lemon juice and oregano then grilled until crispy on the outside and soft in the middle....damn I hungry and really miss eating octopus!! bounce Sad  I also haven't eaten all day!

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 TvjFNK5

REMEMBER THIS IS A 1/4 SCALE BODY!

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 LzcUVZG

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well try to not eat it before you complete your custom. Smile It looks great. Will you use heat to bend the tentacles so they fall a bit more vertically?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Well try to not eat it before you complete your custom. Smile It looks great. Will you use heat to bend the tentacles so they fall a bit more vertically?

I'll try not to cook it! Wink
I've removed all the manky stuffing as it had obviously been used in the bath! Some pretty foul mould and still wet stuffing was in there, cleaned it up as best as I can for now but I'll be sure to sanitise it in boiling water, antibacterial soap etc.. tomorrow. As for articulating it, it's hollow all the way down the legs and made of a pliable rubber so I think with the use of stiff wires and hot water I should get any poses I will want eg facing forwards more as mouth like appendages, so cutting and gluing will probably be needed; I also plan to use a completely different head mostly.

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 6MVq85c

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 XbnM1Vf

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 KylQL0k

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The annoyance of sanitizing it apart, that sounds very promising indeed!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:The annoyance of sanitizing it apart, that sounds very promising indeed!

Not an annoyance to sanitise, half of the stuff I use in builds is found on the street outside my house, nearly all my furniture is from the street too! The annoying part is I had to pay for this guy and he wasn't cheap! Wink well, for a used bath toy at any rate.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Gross! The stuffing aside, you mentioned stiff wires in the tentacles, would you still have to cut them if you add the wires? Or is that just to arrange them more to the front?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Gross! The stuffing aside, you mentioned stiff wires in the tentacles, would you still have to cut them if you add the wires? Or is that just to arrange them more to the front?

Pretty much, a bit of both. I don't think that clarified anything! Embarassed I'll just try different things basically. Sorry my head's in the shed today, someone thinks they've found my missing cat from 8? months ago but won't know until he gets his microchip scanned, meanwhile I'm stuck in the house going "Is he? Isn't he? If he is how the hell am I going to cope with two of these nutters?!" affraid scratch confused

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Let's hope it won't be a catastrophe. Sorry, my Are You Being Served? comes out even when not talking to Brits. Smile I hope it works out well, either way.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh man! I hope it is your kitty; but yeah, two is going to be problematic for sure.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Let's hope it won't be a catastrophe. Sorry, my Are You Being Served? comes out even when not talking to Brits. Smile I hope it works out well, either way.

LOL! Haven't seen that show since I was a student at uni! Before we had cable etc... in fact I only had a tiny B&W tv with terrible reception the 1st year, so spent most of the time in the pub!

Stryker2011 wrote:Oh man! I hope it is your kitty; but yeah, two is going to be problematic for sure.

And yes it's him! He's in the kitchen now with Pepper in the living room so I'm keeping them apart for now. I swear he's grown even bigger!! He's larger than many of the local dogs!! Twisted Evil

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, that's crazy , glad he is finally found! Hope you can make it work with both the cats...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I hope they make friends soon. Although then their criminal instincts might be united against you... Let's hope for the best, shall we? Smile

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, what a random and nic plottwist - Somehow, Emperor Catpatine returned! Let's hope the two cat gods will get along. Or that the stronger may persevere).

Super interesting project, your hands really help grasping (haha) the scale of that monstrosity. The nasty Krakenhead is very fitting. From what I see now I think it would totally work if you just made him into Cthulhu without the Morgoth stuff, his armor just being a biologically grown carapace.
I always saw Cthulhu less as an evil god rather than a terrifying force of nature who doesn't care about us, as he is eternal and we are just flies on the wall who Cthulhu will outlive by millenia. I think something like that, an ancient force we are powerless against is even more terrifiying than an evil god like Morgoth with a dark agenda. The realization of their ultimate insignificance and randomness is something that drove so many HP Lovecraft protagonists insane.

Although one of Cthulhu's weaknesss are little ships slowly ramming him, so, maybe there is still hope for humanity...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy wrote:
I always saw Cthulhu less as an evil god rather than a terrifying force of nature who doesn't care about us, as he is eternal and we are just flies on the wall who Cthulhu will outlive by millenia. I think something like that, an ancient force we are powerless against is even more terrifiying than an evil god like Morgoth with a dark agenda. The realization of their ultimate insignificance and randomness is something that drove so many HP Lovecraft protagonists insane.

Totally agree with this!

In the Tolkien verse, I feel like Ungoliant is probably the closest to a cosmic horror figure, emerging as she does from the primordial darkness of 'the Void'. She doesn't have an 'agenda' per se, she's just HANGRY. Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's shaping up amazing, the whole tentacle thing is perhaps more horrifying than just some guy in armor, not that the original isn't amazing but your interpretation is unique and terrifying.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So glad you got your cat back, Alex. Your new project just got more “help.” Razz

Diana

Diana
shovelchop81 wrote:And yes it's him! He's in the kitchen now with Pepper in the living room so I'm keeping them apart for now. I swear he's grown even bigger!! He's larger than many of the local dogs!! Twisted Evil
Holy cow!!! Congratulations!! Since the little one is still little they should get along just fine. And two cats are less work than one, so... I hope your place won't suffer too much! Laughing

Great project, too. I'm looking forward to seeing this progress! Very Happy

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, that's crazy , glad he is finally found! Hope you can make it work with both the cats...

GubernatorFan wrote:I hope they make friends soon. Although then their criminal instincts might be united against you... Let's hope for the best, shall we? Smile

Ovy wrote:Haha, what a random and nic plottwist - Somehow, Emperor Catpatine returned! Let's hope the two cat gods will get along. Or that the stronger may persevere).

Super interesting project, your hands really help grasping (haha) the scale of that monstrosity. The nasty Krakenhead is very fitting. From what I see now I think it would totally work if you just made him into Cthulhu without the Morgoth stuff, his armor just being a biologically grown carapace.

Although one of Cthulhu's weaknesss are little ships slowly ramming him, so, maybe there is still hope for humanity...

skywalkersaga wrote:
Ovy wrote:

Totally agree with this!

In the Tolkien verse, I feel like Ungoliant is probably the closest to a cosmic horror figure, emerging as she does from the primordial darkness of 'the Void'.  She doesn't have an 'agenda' per se, she's just HANGRY. Laughing  

Theboo-bomb wrote:That's shaping up amazing, the whole tentacle thing is perhaps more horrifying than just some guy in armor, not that the original isn't amazing but your interpretation is unique and terrifying.

Stryker2011 wrote:So glad you got your cat back, Alex. Your new project just got more “help.” Razz

Diana wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:And yes it's him! He's in the kitchen now with Pepper in the living room so I'm keeping them apart for now. I swear he's grown even bigger!! He's larger than many of the local dogs!! Twisted Evil
Holy cow!!! Congratulations!! Since the little one is still little they should get along just fine. And two cats are less work than one, so... I hope your place won't suffer too much! Laughing

Great project, too. I'm looking forward to seeing this progress! Very Happy

Thank you all so much for your encouragement with the project and the cats!! Sorry progress kind of halted due to Murphy's return, they're needing an adjustment period (to say the least, growling and hissing with paw swipes etc..) and so did/do I LOL! They're slowly getting better and starting to interact more, whether it's positively or negatively I can never tell, one minute I'll think they playfighting the next it seems more serious; at least they can now finally stand to be in the same room with each other when I am around.
I have washed and dried the octopus and didn't try eat it lol but Pepper the kitten did! Twisted Evil Hopefully a routine of sorts will work itself out and as Diana said, two cats could be less work than one if they keep each other busy while I try to work and it stops Pepper from stealing every bloody part of my builds!! I even got my dream gun finally, a replica Vulcan M132 Minigun that I spent a year saving up for (full size and metal, 6 barrel one), she's even stolen part of that!! confused affraid Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Thankfully the cats have made peace and now entertain each other allowing me to sleep and work! Very Happy Been busy with other builds (not 1/6) but got back into doing this today, just sorting out where his new flesh is going and how it will fit by cutting and gluing bits together. Also started on the mantle/head mods/build, as you can see I am going for a more demonic look than a traditional octopus which is more suited to this character, the parts are just balanced in place so not very indicative of their final positions yet.

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 1WJPmBM

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 RfHoa4z

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 ZKmNPjY

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 0MeCKl8

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 XPXWwma

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 OwrfXJr

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 ABEGhsc

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 95wuUnD

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 A29p7z3

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 BJNhFYN

DREAM NO MORE....CTHULHU AWAKENS!.. / Custom Cthulhu WIP - Page 2 1dfW5Ka

Sponsored content