OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What does everyone else do for your 1/6 accessories storage solutions?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
So, being relatively recent in the sixth scale world, I've been picking up a few miscellaneous loose smaller items in auction lots recently and have just run out of containment space for these things as most are still in their shipping boxes, and was wondering what everyone does for storage?

A quick trip to Walmart, I found myself in the crafts section looking at smaller cases and storage boxes for bead work, but those really don't seem they'll do the trick as the compartments in them were all smaller in size. There was one that was adjustable, but didn't have the depth I was looking for.

Maybe I need to broaden my searches since '1/6 accessories storage' isn't a department Laughing and move beyond crafts/hobbies. Maybe check Lowes for screw storage or electrical and automotive storage. I'd prefer something that I could keep hands, feet, shoes, handguns, as well as clothing (both tall and short).

Any thoughts from the gallery?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
My storage solution at the moment is just stackable plastic containers which are literally called 'Really Useful Boxes' here in the UK, lol.

These are big enough to store both accessories and certain 1/6 bodies -- I use them to keep WIP custom figures and their accessories and supplies in while I'm working on them:

https://amzn.eu/d/03Pb6fe

They also make organisers like this for smaller items:

https://amzn.eu/d/49wYRc2

I also have a couple plastic drawer towers (these are large ones, but I have seen then in many sizes including smaller ones that sit on your desk):

https://amzn.eu/d/3u0IiSA

None of these are necessarily aesthetically beautiful, lol, but they are helpful to me in keeping 1/6 supplies and accessories free of dust, dog hair, and out of the damp air while I'm not using them. Likewise they help me keep things organised and easy to find (I label the boxes so I know what is in each one).

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

csyeung

csyeung
I have one of these from Michael's which is nice for items like hands, clothes /flatter items. They are for photos and scrapbooks .
scrap book case

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
collectorofmany wrote:Maybe check Lowes for screw storage or electrical and automotive storage. I'd prefer something that I could keep hands, feet, shoes, handguns, as well as clothing (both tall and short).
Indeed, screwstorage it is.
What does everyone else do for your 1/6 accessories storage solutions? Img_6331

shazzdan

shazzdan
Most of my accessories get stored in 1/6 scale containers (briefcase, chest, trunk, barrel, crate, etc) and become part of the figure's display.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I use plastic tubs with lids for most of my figures' accessories, the kind you get from ready meals at supermarkets or ice-cream etc.. also a lot of zip-lock baggies. For build materials and donor parts for builds I have an entire storage room/building that used to be the local post office, that's full of chests of draws, boxes, big fabric bags, luggage bags, bins, baskets etc... but I think you are still far away from that level in this hobby! Twisted Evil pirat Wink

csyeung

csyeung
Also, I don't know if you have it or something similar around your area, but there is a chain called oomomo where I live, it's like a japanese dollar store, but they have a ton of various storage box options for cheap as well as various display stands/risers as well.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
There are plenty of options out there for storage. All of the above work great. Tackle boxes, utility boxes found in home improvement and hardware stores, crafting storage containers. One of the things I do is to take out the foam interiors from box sets of the really good boxes (like the ones TBLeague uses), take all the extra accessories from a figure and put them in ziplock bags with one of those silica packs. That way I can fill up a figure box with a bunch of extra accessories. I number each storage box and keep track of everything contained in each box in a document file.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

What does everyone else do for your 1/6 accessories storage solutions? C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Stryker2011 wrote:take all the extra accessories from a figure and put them in ziplock bags
That's what I do with my Figma (1:12) figures, but they come with a ziplockbag.

Timberley

I'll echo skywalkersaga's endorsement for Really Useful Boxes. I use bigger ones for storing my books and blu-ray collection when I move house, and smaller ones for hobby stuff. I've found this one useful for my 28mm bits:

7l RUB

And this one looks like it could be adapted for 1/6 stuff quite easily, e.g. put bodies in the bottom - after cutting some of the dividers out and maybe lining with foam/bubble wrap - and bits in the top:

21l RUB

I also tend to follow Mark's ideas of ziplock bags for sets ands so on. If I have a costume for a particular character, then the costume gets individual bags for each piece and it goes in a larger bag with a label, that gets put in a RUB. Also, hands get put in a bag and marked as to which set they came from.

Tim

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Forgot to mention I use old school blank label stickers on each box or bag with a list of the contents written on it, they're also all clear containers which helps.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Everyone has presented some fantastic storage solutions, so thanks for that!!

So far my favorite is the screw container style of box that @TravelGuide shared. I really like the fact that after it’s opened, you’ve got a pretty clear picture of what you’re looking at without the need to dig too deep to find what you’re looking for. I’ll probably go a route such as that, or perhaps a type of bait/tackle box.

I’ll keep everyone posted once I find what I’m after! Thanks again!

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
I found something that works pretty nicely, the Plano 4700 tackle storage box. Found at Walmart for under $6.

What does everyone else do for your 1/6 accessories storage solutions? 12036210

Currently it is housing all of my female parts, clothing and accessories. I figured a Black Ops Toys sticker I had lying around fit the bill best.

What does everyone else do for your 1/6 accessories storage solutions? D1e5ca10

I do like how sturdy the divider panels lock into place. It allows you to create cubby holes that fit your specific needs.

Now, to buy a few more of these things to house my male parts, clothing and accessories.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The adjustable interior does seem really handy, good find.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It does seem to work very well. I used some of these when I first got into collecting, but their capacity was quickly exceeded as my collection hemorrhaged. I still have compartment boxes for certain things (like food items, weapons, tools), but mostly resorting to sorting things by type in larger resealable plastic bags inside larger plastic boxes.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:It does seem to work very well. I used some of these when I first got into collecting, but their capacity was quickly exceeded as my collection hemorrhaged. I still have compartment boxes for certain things (like food items, weapons, tools), but mostly resorting to sorting things by type in larger resealable plastic bags inside larger plastic boxes.

I could totally see these being insufficient when it comes to sheer volume, for sure. I ended up picking two more of these cases, so I can transplant everything from multiple places/boxes to one centralized location. I am still keeping the brand name boxed figure accessories in their original boxes, but the TBLeague and their items will remain in these storage containers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum