OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Body type (photo)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Body type (photo) Empty Body type (photo) Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:51 pm

Melancholia

Yet another question, this is my idea of the perfect female seamless body.  Anyone know what it is?

Body type (photo) -1015710

2Body type (photo) Empty Re: Body type (photo) Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:25 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, for starters it is not a Jiaou body and it is almost certainly one of the seamless ankle floppy-footed TBLeague bodies. You can check out out catalog for some of them (I only have the S02 and S09C pictured there), but I have generally made a point of avoiding them, so I can't tell you which one this is. But someone else might know.

3Body type (photo) Empty Re: Body type (photo) Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:41 am

Melancholia

Well, thanks, that narrows it down anyway.I have an S05 I believe and this isn't it...

4Body type (photo) Empty Re: Body type (photo) Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:42 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Melancholia wrote:Well, thanks, that narrows it down anyway.I have an S05 I believe and this isn't it...
It may be one of the newer and anime-ish releases. They are listed there and can be looked up in the New Product announcements section (though you might want to make recourse to google search).

5Body type (photo) Empty Re: Body type (photo) Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:54 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I second GF, it looks like one of the newer anime releases.

6Body type (photo) Empty Re: Body type (photo) Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:00 am

Diana

Diana
I love a good TBL body challenge so I looked around. Very Happy

I'm not sure it's a TBL at all. The S40 has a waist much slimmer. The legs seem slimmer, too.
The S34/35A don't have a bust bubbly like that.

Generally speaking the wrists are rarely that slim with TBLs, and I wouldn't be surprised if those seamless ankles were edited in this picture, so it's hard to be sure. I also think the contrast was increased or the brightness reduced or something.

The store has other postings (like this one) for clothes advertised for TBL, but the body shown in the picture is very pale, has painted fingernails and separate feet. Another sign this may be a modified picture of a Jiaou.

7Body type (photo) Empty Re: Body type (photo) Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:30 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I'm also not so sure that it is a TBL body. The shoulder region and the shape of the abdomen are very indicative of a Jiaou Doll. Also look at this thread...

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t56-phicen-jiaou

I think in MarkEl's "dusting" picture it could be the second body from the left, middle row.

Edit: I should read first and then write something  Body type (photo) 1f616. The body in the linked thread is a TBL. So, Ian is possibly right that it is one of the first floppy feet Phicen/TBL bodies. Sorry for the confusion.

8Body type (photo) Empty Re: Body type (photo) Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:53 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It’s hard to say. I agree with Diana about the wrists. Often when looking at Asian sites, they sell “other” bodies that are neither TBL or Jiaou, and I know it’s not a Hot Stuff, as I have both iterations.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Body type (photo) C8485110

9Body type (photo) Empty Re: Body type (photo) Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Guys, Jiaou female bodies seem to come with painted fingernails invariably. Also, their seamless ankles produce a very unsightly bulge when you bend the foot down. Neither of these things seems to be happening here. Also, they tend to have wider hips. That's why I ruled out a Jiaou and thought it might be a TBLeague. Since I stopped paying attention to seamless ankle TBLeague bodies (I want my female figures to be able to stand), I just can't guarantee which of them (if one of them) this is.
And it is not a LDDOLL, because the wrists are not seamless.
Can it be something else out there that I don't know. Of course.

10Body type (photo) Empty Re: Body type (photo) Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:22 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Honestly, it looks like an early Tbleague body to me. I don't know the number, but I did recently see someone selling one that looks very similar on ebay in the UK.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

11Body type (photo) Empty Re: Body type (photo) Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:13 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If it helps, here is a Monkey Depot listing for S43 -
https://www.monkeydepot.com/Figure_TBLeague_Seamless_Non_Muscular_Suntan_Body_p/pcl1775.htm

12Body type (photo) Empty Re: Body type (photo) Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:45 am

Melancholia

Thanks for putting in the research guys.  I checked out all the links, glad you like a challenge Diana.  With the possibility of photoshop and other manipulations being used maybe it shall remain a mystery.  Gub, I have an S43 body and it seems to be a bigger gal than this model.  I also have two separate types of anime bodies and they are much more awkward and odd-looking than this.  I do have a couple Jiaoudoll bodies, one which has peculiarly buoyant breasts such as the picture here, as Diana pointed out (forgive the pun) and she also has super skinny thighs.  There is the possibility it could also be an Elation (sp?) figure or another offshoot brand, I take that back now since the hands are obviously detachable... Anyway I thank you all for the info and I may just keep considering the S10-S12 as the perfect general  body type.  I'm surprised I was able to stump y'all as you seem to have an infinite knowledge of seamless bodies, of which I lack, lol!

13Body type (photo) Empty Re: Body type (photo) Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:38 pm

Ghost808

Ghost808
I'm no expert on bodies, as I only have a few different types, but just throwing this out there...could it be one of the unique bodies that came with boxed figures? The pronounced, implant-like bust, with the cleavage, reminds me of some of those fight game figures that were released in recent years.
I really feel like I've seen this body before in a boxed figure.

Edit: just dug out an S09c and the bust isn't as pushed together, or defined. Plus the S09 lacks the pelvis definition. So I think I can safely rule that out at least.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum