OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to remove feet/ankle pegs?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

261 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:27 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
trick.refuse wrote:Edit: What exactly is a "foamie"?
For example, this:
https://www.amazon.com/Cosplay-12-Density-Costumes-Projects/dp/B089K9769X/

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

271 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:36 am

trick.refuse

GubernatorFan wrote:
trick.refuse wrote:Edit: What exactly is a "foamie"?
For example, this:
https://www.amazon.com/Cosplay-12-Density-Costumes-Projects/dp/B089K9769X/

Got it! Thank you very much!

Btw, what is the ideal thickness for foamies?

281 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:53 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
trick.refuse wrote:Got it! Thank you very much!

I use 6 mm almost all around the inside of a male head, usually successfully. Also, when it is that thick, you can actually slice off some of its thickness, if needed.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

291 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:10 am

trick.refuse

GubernatorFan wrote:
trick.refuse wrote:Got it! Thank you very much!

I use 6 mm almost all around the inside of a male head, usually successfully. Also, when it is that thick, you can actually slice off some of its thickness, if needed.

Thanks! I'll try this method.

301 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:17 am

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
Guys, do you think these neck pegs will work on Rukawa's head? Which one do you guys think is the best option?

Peg #1
1 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? - Page 2 Neck_210

Peg #2
1 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? - Page 2 Neck_110

311 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:30 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
trick.refuse wrote:Guys, do you think these neck pegs will work on Rukawa's head? Which one do you guys think is the best option?
No. These adapters are designed to go at the flat bottom end of heads with integral necks. The body you're using already has a neck, and the head you are using is intended to have its adapter inside it (you can see examples in the tutorial I linked before) -- but with the modifications, foamies might be more practical and adaptable.

321 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:39 am

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
GubernatorFan wrote:
trick.refuse wrote:Guys, do you think these neck pegs will work on Rukawa's head? Which one do you guys think is the best option?
No. These adapters are designed to go at the flat bottom end of heads with integral necks. The body you're using already has a neck, and the head you are using is intended to have its adapter inside it (you can see examples in the tutorial I linked before) -- but with the modifications, foamies might be more practical and adaptable.

ohh okay, so even if I modify these connectors it might not work? But I also found a connector like the one in the tutorials, but it will be coming from China so it'll take a week or more. I was considering these connectors because it's here locally so it might just take 2-3 days to deliver.

331 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:01 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
trick.refuse wrote:ohh okay, so even if I modify these connectors it might not work? But I also found a connector like the one in the tutorials, but it will be coming from China so it'll take a week or more. I was considering these connectors because it's here locally so it might just take 2-3 days to deliver.
The connector looks kinda wide to me, but of course I have no idea of the exact size. It's not a big deal when you have a bunch of connectors accumulated over time -- given enough patience going through them, eventually something would work out, perhaps with some slicing. But if you only had the one... Remember, the width and height of the connector (and how high the hole for the peg within it) all make a difference. That is why you are better off without looking for a connector in the first place.

341 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:13 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I know it might seem like a pain in the neck (forgive the pun, lol), but using the foam that GF recommends is probably the easiest route here. I can only speak for myself, but I tend to remove most neck connectors on neck-less headsculpts in general (and replace them with foam or whatever else works), because it makes it easier to use them with various different bodies.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

351 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:35 pm

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
Thanks for the help guys! I'm still going to do the foamie method, I'm just getting your opinions in case another head needs a connector hehe

I already ordered a big sheet of 6mm foam for the foamie method. I'll update you guys. Thanks again!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum