OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to remove feet/ankle pegs?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

11 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:23 am

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
Is there a guide on how to remove foot/ankle pegs?

21 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:16 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
trick.refuse wrote:Is there a guide on how to remove foot/ankle pegs?
From what kind of bodies? Not all are meant to be removed. But usually it's doable; heat can help, and round grip needlenose pliers.

31 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:04 am

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
GubernatorFan wrote:
trick.refuse wrote:Is there a guide on how to remove foot/ankle pegs?
From what kind of bodies? Not all are meant to be removed. But usually it's doable; heat can help, and round grip needlenose pliers.

Ohhhh I'm trying to remove the ones from GameToys GT-BD03. I tried dipping it in hot water but I still can't remove it.

41 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:55 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's hard to tell from the photos what type of foot/ankle peg that body has. Maybe Stryker can give some input as to how they function.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

51 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:08 am

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
skywalkersaga wrote:It's hard to tell from the photos what type of foot/ankle peg that body has. Maybe Stryker can give some input as to how they function.

I just drilled into the small holes of the sneakers hehe it's okay now. But the neck looks too big HAHA what do you guys suggest?

1 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Rukawa10

61 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:58 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
At the moment it looks like the head is just sitting too high on the neck. Is there a connector inside the head cavity that is preventing it from sitting lower?

71 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 am

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
skywalkersaga wrote:At the moment it looks like the head is just sitting too high on the neck. Is there a connector inside the head cavity that is preventing it from sitting lower?

Yeah, but I think it's glued.
1 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Rukawa11

81 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:50 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That seems like it has the potential to be removed. I would find something thin, flat, and stiff to try to skim the edges and dislodge it. Avoid an exacto knife or anything too sharp, though, as you don't want to risk damaging the headsculpt. Maybe something like a blunt nail file or slim tweezers. See if you can separate it from the glue that way. If not, you might have to use heat (if you don't want to submerge it in water, you can try a hairdryer). But I'd just try to carefully separate it from the head first and then go from there.

91 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:55 am

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
skywalkersaga wrote:That seems like it has the potential to be removed. I would find something thin, flat, and stiff to try to skim the edges and dislodge it. Avoid an exacto knife or anything too sharp, though, as you don't want to risk damaging the headsculpt. Maybe something like a blunt nail file or slim tweezers. See if you can separate it from the glue that way. If not, you might have to use heat (if you don't want to submerge it in water, you can try a hairdryer). But I'd just try to carefully separate it from the head first and then go from there.

Got it, if I was able to remove it, what should I do next?

101 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:02 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
trick.refuse wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:That seems like it has the potential to be removed. I would find something thin, flat, and stiff to try to skim the edges and dislodge it. Avoid an exacto knife or anything too sharp, though, as you don't want to risk damaging the headsculpt. Maybe something like a blunt nail file or slim tweezers. See if you can separate it from the glue that way. If not, you might have to use heat (if you don't want to submerge it in water, you can try a hairdryer). But I'd just try to carefully separate it from the head first and then go from there.

You will have to see how it fits without the neck peg, and then create a makeshift 'connector' to replace it using foam (like those thin sheets of craft foam). OR, if you don't want to do it that way, you can also wrap something around the body's actual neck peg itself to make it bigger, and adjust it accordingly so the head fits the way you want it to. This takes a bit of trial and error. Whatever you use to wrap it with, just make sure it's not a sticky tape that might melt in hot weather and get residue everywhere. I've even used clingfilm (plastic wrap) to bulk out neck connectors before, but everyone has their own way of doing it. I know GubernatorFan prefers using foam as a replacement neck connector. You'll have to figure out what works best for you.

111 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:25 am

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
skywalkersaga wrote:
trick.refuse wrote:

You will have to see how it fits without the neck peg, and then create a makeshift 'connector' to replace it using foam (like those thin sheets of craft foam). OR, if you don't want to do it that way, you can also wrap something around the body's actual neck peg itself to make it bigger, and adjust it accordingly so the head fits the way you want it to. This takes a bit of trial and error. Whatever you use to wrap it with, just make sure it's not a sticky tape that might melt in hot weather and get residue everywhere. I've even used clingfilm (plastic wrap) to bulk out neck connectors before, but everyone has their own way of doing it. I know GubernatorFan prefers using foam as a replacement neck connector. You'll have to figure out what works best for you.

I'll try to remove the connector first hehe then, I'll try this method. Thanks a lot!

121 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:37 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You don’t always have to remove the connector. The rubber helps grip the neck peg. If it’s possible, and you have a Dremel, just drill the hole deeper (small increments u til you get it at the depth you want it).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? C8485110

131 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:57 pm

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
Stryker2011 wrote:You don’t always have to remove the connector. The rubber helps grip the neck peg. If it’s possible, and you have a Dremel, just drill the hole deeper (small increments u til you get it at the depth you want it).

Unfortunately, I don't have a dremel. What would be a good alternative?

141 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:42 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
trick.refuse wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:You don’t always have to remove the connector. The rubber helps grip the neck peg. If it’s possible, and you have a Dremel, just drill the hole deeper (small increments u til you get it at the depth you want it).

Not really. If you stay in this hobby long enough, trust me, you’ll want one; they are pretty indispensable, and can be used for many projects — especially with all the different types of heads you can get for them.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? C8485110

151 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:19 pm

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
Stryker2011 wrote:
trick.refuse wrote:

Not really. If you stay in this hobby long enough, trust me, you’ll want one; they are pretty indispensable, and can be used for many projects — especially with all the different types of heads you can get for them.

Ohh okayyyy, yeah this Rukawa is supposed to be my 1st 1/6 scale figure. So I tried removing the neck connector but end up kind of ruining it. But still usable, I just need to clean it up (I think?). Should I buy a new neck connector?
1 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Neck10
1 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Rukawa12

161 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:49 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If you want a new neck connector, it may or may not be exactly the same size (width/height), so you would need to do some adjustment -- besides, you don't want it to be the same height, because you don't want the giraffe neck effect. Just get some thick foamies, which you can trim as needed for the best fit.
Some of that is covered in a tutorial:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t310-head-conversion-tutorial-updated-with-part-iii-june-2019

171 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:37 am

csyeung

csyeung
Gubernator's thick foamies work well. Other alternatives are cotton swabs, blue tack, tissue paper, cling wrap.

Looks like they may have dabbed glue on all the connectors, so I suspect that the ankle pegs/connectors were probably glued too. You have to be careful if they do that as it'll just snap off. I've done that before, but luckily the boots were hollow for that figure so they were able to slot on anyways.

181 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:27 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I don't own one of the GameToys bodies as they are currently too expensive for me (even though I'd really like one), so unfortunately I have no idea if the ankle pegs are removeable or not. I agree that it's best to proceed with caution with those.

191 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:22 am

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, I don't own one of the GameToys bodies as they are currently too expensive for me (even though I'd really like one), so unfortunately I have no idea if the ankle pegs are removeable or not. I agree that it's best to proceed with caution with those.

I didn't meddle with the ankle pegs anymore, I might break it if I force to haha but so far, the quality is superb!

201 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:23 am

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
GubernatorFan wrote:If you want a new neck connector, it may or may not be exactly the same size (width/height), so you would need to do some adjustment -- besides, you don't want it to be the same height, because you don't want the giraffe neck effect. Just get some thick foamies, which you can trim as needed for the best fit.
Some of that is covered in a tutorial:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t310-head-conversion-tutorial-updated-with-part-iii-june-2019

Thank you! I'll check this out!

Edit: What exactly is a "foamie"?

211 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:49 am

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
csyeung wrote:Gubernator's thick foamies work well. Other alternatives are cotton swabs, blue tack, tissue paper, cling wrap.

Looks like they may have dabbed glue on all the connectors, so I suspect that the ankle pegs/connectors were probably glued too. You have to be careful if they do that as it'll just snap off. I've done that before, but luckily the boots were hollow for that figure so they were able to slot on anyways.

Oh, my bad I forgot to indicate that the figure is kitbashed. The head is from Nova Studio and the body is from GameToys.

221 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:27 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
trick.refuse wrote:Edit: What exactly is a "foamie"?
For example, this:
https://www.amazon.com/Cosplay-12-Density-Costumes-Projects/dp/B089K9769X/

231 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:36 pm

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
GubernatorFan wrote:
trick.refuse wrote:Edit: What exactly is a "foamie"?
For example, this:
https://www.amazon.com/Cosplay-12-Density-Costumes-Projects/dp/B089K9769X/

Got it! Thank you very much!

Btw, what is the ideal thickness for foamies?

241 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
trick.refuse wrote:Got it! Thank you very much!

I use 6 mm almost all around the inside of a male head, usually successfully. Also, when it is that thick, you can actually slice off some of its thickness, if needed.

251 - How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Empty Re: How to remove feet/ankle pegs? Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:10 am

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
GubernatorFan wrote:
trick.refuse wrote:Got it! Thank you very much!

I use 6 mm almost all around the inside of a male head, usually successfully. Also, when it is that thick, you can actually slice off some of its thickness, if needed.

Thanks! I'll try this method.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum