OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 12]

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Agreed. I applaud your ability to work on such tiny materials and make a complete item out of it.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Seems like an easy thing to make, but it really is quite difficult -- especially if one expects it to be both functional and look right without having to be repaired all the time.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Tanzenwolfe

Mind-boggling, love seeing the transformation of objects. Also in awe of your grumpy cat wrangling.....good luck with both!

skywalkersaga

Finally catching up on this thread, and wow, that is some seriously detailed work!!!

I'm not even much of a Predator fan normally, but I absolutely LOVED this movie, so it's great to see someone doing a custom from it. :'D

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Thanks BAMComics!

Stryker2012 wrote:Agreed. I applaud your ability to work on such tiny materials and make a complete item out of it.

Cheers Stryker! Well that's what 1/6 is all about to me.

GubernatorFan wrote:Seems like an easy thing to make, but it really is quite difficult -- especially if one expects it to be both functional and look right without having to be repaired all the time.

Well tbh it was a hell of a lot easier when I decided to choose the slightly less accurate rout of a telescoping ariel! Would have been nice to have the square shaft like in the film but all that transformation from collapsed to extended was done with CGI. So until they make square ariels...which will be never for so many reasons lol.

Tanzenwolfe wrote:Mind-boggling, love seeing the transformation of objects. Also in awe of your grumpy cat wrangling.....good luck with both!

Cheers TZW! I finally did get the cat strapped in properly and on a long chain but as I was securing the chain in the garden he did a Houdini on me and escaped from the vest! The stretchy material wasn't strong enough for a male 7kg Maine Coon! So he's just going out normally again and hopefully not getting lost or making me wait up for him..

skywalkersaga wrote:Finally catching up on this thread, and wow, that is some seriously detailed work!!!

I'm not even much of a Predator fan normally, but I absolutely LOVED this movie, so it's great to see someone doing a custom from it. :'D

I'm so glad someone else on this thread enjoyed the film too! The build probably makes more sense to you now lol.

On with the lance/spear/combi stick!
Tried some dumb solutions to incorporate the square wooden shaft and pommel but the pics show how messed up they were lol! Remembered I had some remote controls for my 12" Daleks that I never use (figures are on display) so unscrewed an ariel from one of them and it's widest section fits perfectly into the wind chime tube, so I drilled out the rest of the resin handle by hand with a dremel bit (took forever!) and still cracked and broke on the final fitting which is why it's covered in unsanded milliput for now.. Mad  But the rest was a piece of cake, chose a different pommel that already had the 'flights' on it sort of like an atlatl javelin/dart.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 BUVbPg5

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Lmu4k7H

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 HtL4Tzr

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 2tiUjuJ

CROSS BOLT STOPS WOODEN SHAFT COLAPSING ENOUGH

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 EnQMHLG

NEEDS TO MOVE THIS FAR BACK

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 1uAGbau

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 ZyEgcF0

BUT ONLY CAN GO THIS FAR

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 2P50Vxd

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Fq1zt3W

THIS IS JUST PLAIN DUMB

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 DiuoVqK

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 C8vmTkH

THE LOCK IS USELESS WHEN THE REST OF THE TUBE IS EXTENDED OUT OF THE BACK

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Crj22jT

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 QFqxaWl

THE OBVIOUS SOLUTION

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Pn0BF2j

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 ZR3trwv

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 6pynL5J

OOPS I DID IT AGAIN...

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 FFOY0zH

FIXED BUT NOT FINISHED..

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 RK23Fek

PEPPER LIKES IT..

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 MYkI3k0

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 F4EkQXS

NEW POMMEL

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 AkQ6zoT

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 VpmdmOW

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 YiXKXog

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 BOJf0NC

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 4OIEpR4

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 FsdQqV5

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 J2VBA99

MAKING AND ATTACHING THE TIP

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Hpt8yAS

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 ACrxoV0

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 My2M3E5

JUST USED A CRAFT KNIFE/SCALPEL

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 SrsHzpp

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 EtccQih

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 ZF8emV5

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 AxYvCxD

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 97b1FxC

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 P6SnSar

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Afv7jvt

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Iy2MTlN

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 0kDhEZh

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Qu5dZ7L

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 B86IQ0z

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 SmKnFuH

PREDATOR IN THE ANCIENT OLYMPICS?

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 YmGXVNB

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 BSBAzEz

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 LU80xFD

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 1GGykEm

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 JYAOcIm

MILLIPUT NEEDS SOME ATTENTION BUT THAT'S ABOUT IT EXCEPT FOR PAINT.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Looks pretty cool. Should look great once painted up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like how it turned out. A spear thrower in the ancient Olympics indeed. Getting blade weapons to look right in this scale, especially when one is customizing, is quite a challenge, and you did great.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:Looks pretty cool. Should look great once painted up.

GubernatorFan wrote:I like how it turned out. A spear thrower in the ancient Olympics indeed. Getting blade weapons to look right in this scale, especially when one is customizing, is quite a challenge, and you did great.

Cheers! keyboard bluetooth drivers now obsolete for windows 11 so less wordy now, on screen keyboard only option Mad Evil or Very Mad
spear tip shorter, paint on spear & armour mostly done , started working on backpack .

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 X2H0CYy

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 XwfJFZN

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 ZLPNIOD

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 PWwk697

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 MaM3GKd

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 UisjyI8

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 AzF1WMo

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 9T3IbbN

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 KoJH0AW

THIS SHIELD PLAN NOT GOING TO WORK

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 BG18kqn

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 9wYNqGh

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 L3tPTYN

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 IX2gCFn

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 AE1dPuf

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hang in there. Maybe there will be new drivers available. Or get a corded keyboard? I have been resisting upgrading to Windows 11 precisely because I have no idea what would randomly stop working. In that respect, backward compatibility, it is said that Mac is better.

On the other hand, it looks like the armor and weaponry is coming along nicely. I guess you'll be giving the 2D printed option another try for the shield?

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Looking really good. Sorry to hear about the computer issues.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 1f10

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Hang in there. Maybe there will be new drivers available. Or get a corded keyboard? I have been resisting upgrading to Windows 11 precisely because I have no idea what would randomly stop working. In that respect, backward compatibility, it is said that Mac is better.

On the other hand, it looks like the armor and weaponry is coming along nicely. I guess you'll be giving the 2D printed option another try for the shield?

Stryker2012 wrote:Looking really good. Sorry to hear about the computer issues.

Thanks, still plodding along with an onscreen keyboard Rolling Eyes spent days trying driver swaps, upgrades , programs, resets...nada.
yes once i have ink i'll try printing the shield patterns.

made the crude metal hook system buckle ,prop is latex so hard to make out in the pics but i understood it eventually. still needs a bit more file work then paint to accentuate the pattern on the belt and match the armour etc..that i finished painting .

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 9J2bPPl

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Cv0XT0E

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 YmJPSnw

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 7Mw3P6z

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 YwIHRvo

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 4OwJiCX

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 P3gWyfc

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 ZpEKXsf

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 B29lH8M

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 EgVkeiJ

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 19VCDep

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 0Y7athK

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 TpsXvHe

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 CGAcDxX

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 6HNoVjY

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 FL80Rx7

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 O5kdBH1

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 VGkXnVk

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Af15ijB

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 UVEzazl

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 OKzzw5l

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad to see it coming along despite the uncooperative technology.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Interesting technique how you pulled that off. Pretty cool.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Glad to see it coming along despite the uncooperative technology.

Stryker2012 wrote:Interesting technique how you pulled that off. Pretty cool.

Cheers guys! I think the technique is called "bodging it" pirat  I basically  cut up a mini cheese grater that came out of a Christmas cracker  many years ago, filed it a bit and glued some extra metal to it for reinforcement then filed that too etc... I'll display the buckle with the rough side facing out as it looks more appropriate . Added details to the mines, created buttons for bladed gauntlet, protected bone bits with putty and so far I have just primered stuff. Been busy with a 1/1 real world WW2 German MG42 anti aircraft tripod system (Lafette) which needed me to drill a 16mm hole through 3" of solid iron/mild steel! That was an interesting challenge, my shoulder is now killing me! Laughing

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 JsTkVsq

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 0q0oEm1

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 0S9EN48

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 9K0T7f2

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 MuuPIY5

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 C46N5As

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 IKWh8Pk

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 XKWsX1D

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 5vmmZKM

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like you're almost there.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
He's looking great and those weapons too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 1f60e

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks like you're almost there.

Theboo-bomb wrote:He's looking great and those weapons too.

Cheers guys! About 2/3 of the way there I think.

painted his belt and gauntlets which were a complicated so might need a touch up here and there, also plan to use shinier silver paint on bits of the belt now I've looked at the pics. the head is off because I've started working on his backpack .

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 PppImhM

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 UU1Njoj

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 IAgRS82

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 0oGGaXd

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 63AIvqE

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 LLupPQ1

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 1VFx7tK

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 68UBovm

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 3K8rXwW

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 EYc9XuJ

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Td5arcw

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 UB1kvUr

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 K8cOako

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 SiERqRe

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 X9p078v

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 EXPO5kD

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 M07GLI4

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 VKK89Ea

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 UTAbJGL

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 HFkSMwI

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 UZ9k0QH

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 CN7t4uv

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 A72Fktw

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 DibPFB0

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 SwNoNkI

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 DkatHTs

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 IxlVQRS

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 CMBocpP

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 1KvRFKw

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 JqDSLsV

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 JR9gDG1

YEAH, NOT HAPPY WITH THE BELT PLACEMENT OR COLOUR, WILL NEED TO MAKE A FEW MORE PIECEES OF ARMOUR FOR THE KILT TOO.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Looks pretty slick. Love it.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It really came together very well. I think I see what you mean about the belt, but I'm sure you'll modify it to look just right.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:Looks pretty slick. Love it.

BAMComix wrote:Nice!

GubernatorFan wrote:It really came together very well. I think I see what you mean about the belt, but I'm sure you'll modify it to look just right.

Cheers guys! I've  configured a slightly better on screen keyboard but will have to dig out an old wired one eventually Mad .

I've been working on the backpack  with milliput and digging through loads of parts bags (mostly gundam related) to get bits for it but more importantly his other nifty weapons which I've been meaning to explain their functions to you guys. I covered the boltgun , shield and gauntlet blades already. That still leaves a few though.

The net balls: Thrown like grenades except they envelope the target with a mesh net that then retracts back to its ball shape with whatever it has captured being diced up (like in a woodchipper) nasty way to go!! affraid

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 GcAEL7s

The razor torniquets: Can be used as knives but are meant to be thrown like  shuriken to wrap around a limb or the neck, once attached they constrict like a torniquet but with the blades biting and sawing though the flesh and bone either amputating a limb or severing off the head..at least they are fast doing it...

Stored as disks or rings then thrown when extended in a knife like shape.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 KjjvzQJ

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 DSgHJoY

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 8Sfmu1Y

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 KL3HHgN

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 AfttUhj

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 M3kUv4N

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 BrC9ihH

The mines: They are a less catastrophic version of later Predator's self destruct bombs. These also work more like very advanced Claymore mines but with the ability of flying drones to search and target groups of people before exploding producing a very large blast radius (larger than a hand grenade but smaller than a modern hellfire missile) spreading razor sharp shrapnel over a wide area. They can also be removed as a self contained pod from the gauntlet so can be left as a trap and activated remotely or on a timer.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Pbeiqu7

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 ECZkJlm

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Iyhl5F9

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 QzT8Drp

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 BMcAWOo

The combistick: It's more of a javelin this time, it can extend and contract for storage, its little party trick this time is that it can detach into two weapons at the grip, creating a small sword for thrusting and heavy duty mace for blunt impact trauma, useful if your prey is wearing armour.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Y9kLr9I

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 TEXy8pv

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 N506PSF

Backpack and weapons stuff so far.

Reference

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 8qqMJaU

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 W4q249t

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 LEoSose

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 VoookHa

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Op6CEru

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 AvEYHP7

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 TuKxAFI

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 1WEb42g

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 9S3KUt6

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 JxzgT0i

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 1m923TV

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 CRymydb

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 UHHoyRh

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 PozE3Lj

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 BN4gg3O

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Never let it be said that you don't rise up to meet a challenge. With equipment this complex, I would have turned the other way and ran. Well... walked (a gentleman would walk but never run, right?). Smile

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Love your attention to every tiny detail, but like Ian, I would have passed. Hell, I’m struggling with doing the Old West, I can’t imagine trying to tackle this level of Sci-Fi.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Never let it be said that you don't rise up to meet a challenge. With equipment this complex, I would have turned the other way and ran. Well... walked (a gentleman would walk but never run, right?). Smile

Stryker2012 wrote:Love your attention to every tiny detail, but like Ian, I would have passed. Hell, I’m struggling with doing the Old West, I can’t imagine trying to tackle this level of Sci-Fi.

Cheers! It's all a challenge! Lol. Although i might have over committed myself to the backpack a bit, I'd. Planned to make a quick 'this'll do' job but 3 days later and I've only just finished the detail of it's layered armour shape! Try not to think of prawns...damn I'm hungry. Still got some plastic bits to mod and glue on for the side vent looking details.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 KrUO5F9

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Uj8Rpiw

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 RdeXeox

i think these are in the right order...

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 1QRVoqb

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 3LS49os

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 RslBLTS

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 RW9X04Q

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 MLTTRIW

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 R1pTr42

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 WCFSWl8

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 96sjncx

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 VZw8hJe

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 9O6fsNb

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 TbKaVFo

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 5BvGhvm

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 EnueDt6

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 3O7Jlaj

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 78CjwIF

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 IUlXa0Y

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 YRNEWKz

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 QQoSvJC

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 L18NJuH

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 To7Z6Vf

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 VdhLlxH

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 Y1owD2p

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 X3QRvdD

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 MuuNgi3

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 OhApVow

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks insectoid. Painted up and given a metallic sheen, it would look just like the real thing!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks insectoid. Painted up and given a metallic sheen, it would look just like the real thing!

Good observation, could be a peupa or a woodlouse etc... Noticed in the pics that I've gone a bit deep with th cutouts on the top layer of panels so out with the Milliput again Rolling Eyes Mad Hard to see now but will be very obvious with paint.

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 RdeXeox

Sculpted, Painted & Attached Wolf Skull:The Feral Predator From The Movie "PREY" Build WIP - Page 8 OhApVow

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s pretty cool.

Still waiting for this to reach Amazon Prime so I can watch it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Still waiting for this to reach Amazon Prime so I can watch it.
You and me both.

Glad you agree, Alex. Looking forward to seeing it finalized.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
What a well-weaponed line up. It makes most warriors’ arsenals seem quite shabby! And going for functionality is extra impressive. I appreciate seeing what materials and re-purposed items you are using; it’s coming together so well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum