OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Printing Fabric Patches

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Printing Fabric Patches  Empty Printing Fabric Patches Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:45 pm

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
Hey all, does anyone have any experience with this?

2Printing Fabric Patches  Empty Re: Printing Fabric Patches Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:39 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
There used to be a place (PatchesofPride) that used to make this stuff, but they closed up shop last year (I believe, or the year before). If you have a quality image, you should be able to pull it off if you have a really good printer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Printing Fabric Patches  1f10

3Printing Fabric Patches  Empty Re: Printing Fabric Patches Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:06 pm

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
Stryker2012 wrote:There used to be a place (PatchesofPride) that used to make this stuff, but they closed up shop last year (I believe, or the year before). If you have a quality image, you should be able to pull it off if you have a really good printer.

I remember that place!! Unfortunately my printer is garbage and just gets the job done. Haha.

I was hoping to make a logo for Harmont PD.

4Printing Fabric Patches  Empty Re: Printing Fabric Patches Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:20 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Do you have a Staples, Fed Ex (formerly Kinkos), or something similar near you? If you design it and make a high-res scan or photo of it, shrink it down, you may be able to get them to do it for you, as long as you bring them the fabric paper.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Printing Fabric Patches  1f10

5Printing Fabric Patches  Empty Printing Fabric Patches Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:16 pm

ubejs57

First time post.

I've made hundreds of fabric patches for my Joe collection, the trick is getting the right paper. JoAnn Fabrics and Walmart used to carry fabric sticker paper for inkjet printers which made excellent cloth patch decals. Unfortunately, neither store carries it now. JoAnn carries non-stick fabric printer paper, but it is really meant for large projects and didn't work well at all for my little decals.
There is a guy on YouTube called Toy-Polloi that has tutorials for restoring old toys and he covers this topic in one of his video's. Basically, he prints the design onto iron-on transfer paper and then irons it onto a piece of white cotton cloth. Then he cuts it out and applies the patch to double sided tape and sticks it to his figure. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks pretty slick. You'll have to check out the video. Good luck!

6Printing Fabric Patches  Empty Re: Printing Fabric Patches Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:42 am

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I’ve made a few similar things with iron on printed decals - I think I got the paper at a £1 shop or discount store like 10below!

7Printing Fabric Patches  Empty Re: Printing Fabric Patches Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:11 am

Diana

Diana
ubejs57 wrote:First time post.

I've made hundreds of fabric patches for my Joe collection, the trick is getting the right paper. JoAnn Fabrics and Walmart used to carry fabric sticker paper for inkjet printers which made excellent cloth patch decals. Unfortunately, neither store carries it now. JoAnn carries non-stick fabric printer paper, but it is really meant for large projects and didn't work well at all for my little decals.
There is a guy on YouTube called Toy-Polloi that has tutorials for restoring old toys and he covers this topic in one of his video's. Basically, he prints the design onto iron-on transfer paper and then irons it onto a piece of white cotton cloth. Then he cuts it out and applies the patch to double sided tape and sticks it to his figure. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks pretty slick. You'll have to check out the video. Good luck!

Nice of you to stop by to drop this little nugget of gold! Very cool. Welcome. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum