OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommendations for good headsculpt repaint services

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

helianthus

Especially if there's any that really are able to give the sculpts a lifelike color to the skin, I'd really like to look into ways of improving my 1/6 figure. In addition, and it's more of a stretch, but he also has sculpted hair, and I've also been looking into ways of changing him to have rooted hair, be that doing it myself or commissioning an artist as more of a long term goal.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hi there, I could potentially recommend some, but just be aware that this type of service is very expensive, so be prepared to pay high prices for quality repaints (and potential re-hairing). You may also have to wait long periods of time as these type of services can take a while and are often in demand. Also, factor in shipping costs depending on where you are located and where the custom artist is located.

Do you have a particular budget? Most custom repaints can cost about $250 on up....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

helianthus

skywalkersaga wrote:Hi there, I could potentially recommend some, but just be aware that this type of service is very expensive, so be prepared to pay high prices for quality repaints (and potential re-hairing). You may also have to wait long periods of time as these type of services can take a while and are often in demand. Also, factor in shipping costs depending on where you are located and where the custom artist is located.

Do you have a particular budget? Most custom repaints can cost about $250 on up....

I'm aware of this, as I was with how it would cost to have him sculpted as a custom "character", I'm not sure what budget I have particularly since I do plan on having to save up over a period, and there's absolutely no rush, the figure isn't going anywhere and neither am I. Also what I would pay would depend on the quality of the work, to be honest.

That being said, I'd love to know if there are any artists you've had success with and would recommend!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Mus Musculus (aka Eric Alvarez) has done some nice work for me. I can PM his email if you’re interested. I know he has a Facebook page, but I’m not on it, so I’m not sure what it’s exactly called.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Recommendations for good headsculpt repaint services 1f10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Mus Musculus is a good one. Another who I have used before is JKI Customs (located in Italy). His speciality is rehairing, but he also has started doing repaints and paint touch ups. He is on Facebook and should be easy to contact. I don't know what his availability is like at the moment, might be a bit of a waiting list. But I highly recommend!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum