OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which companies make bigger head sculpts?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Annc711

So, I recently ordered what was supposed to be an s17b body from a seller, but it arrived, it was a different body in the box. I don’t think the seller was the issue. I think it was an accident at the factory. The boxed did not appear to have ever been opened, and it does say s17b on the front. I am still very new to these types of dolls, so I am not sure which body I got, but I know it is not s17b because I already have s16a, and they are very different. First off, this new body is medium bust, but much thicker hips and waist than s17. Also, this body has full genitalia. They appear to be similar in height. I opted to keep the body because shipping back to Asia from Canada is a hassle, but I have no clue what head to put on her. Most of my heads are YM toys, and are too small. I also have a Super Duck and a Gac Toys head. Super Duck is ok for size I guess but wrong colour. Gac Toys head is too small and wrong colour.
Are there any companies that tend to make bigger heads that look good on the bigger bodies? Right now, anything I put on this body tends to look like something from Beetlejuice🤦‍�😂

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Super Duck heads are generally on the larger size. I would avoid Flagset heads unless you plan to use a smaller body; YMToys also tend to be slightly smaller, but can work out on many bodies. Depending on what heads you have you may have to "experiment". You can also check out threads such as this:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t7575-female-head-with-tbl-body-catalogue

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

Color matching, is of course, the bane of ALL of us. There are ways to alter the skin tone of the bodies that you can check out in the tutorial section. There's quite a few options, so I would go thru the threads until you find something that you think you may want to try.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Which companies make bigger head sculpts?  1f10

Annc711

I think the body might be an s49

madnug

madnug
Annc711 wrote:I think the body might be an s49

If it is s48 s49 body.. it is a narrow shoulder n long legs type.

most superduck heads might be too big, but with clothes it would blend in.
Also superduck heads can hv a good height adjust for the long neck.

It is more suitable with medium sized head like ymtoys, verycool, tbleague Head and any that’s is equivalent.

Some heads may have a long neck look with this body

Annc711

I have YM Toys heads and they all look too small on this body. The Super Duck head I have looks ok but wrong colour. I find this body big compared to my s16a body. Wider hips, thicker legs, and broader shoulders. The only body I can find that seems to match its features (medium bust, genitalia, not musculer) is the s49. It looks like it will be difficult to dress because the hips are quite wide compared to my s16 and s10 bodies.

Annc711

So, now I am wondering if it is an s46/s47 body.  I am not sure what the difference between a small bust and mid bust would look like.

madnug

madnug
Annc711 wrote:So, now I am wondering if it is an s46/s47 body.  I am not sure what the difference between a small bust and mid bust would look like.

you need to share a picture for us to identify the body..
From what i know, a close body to S17 with thicker body is s32,S33

Which companies make bigger head sculpts?  Lnu10

here a line up of bodies i have if happens its the same as the one you bought. from left S19,S12,S43,S23,S21,S17

Muscular body are s20,s21,s22,s23
bust size needs to be compared to body with the same standard similar sizing like S10,12,09,07 Are large bust

but muscular body  s20,s21 are also large bust, but much larger than S10,12,09,07

wider hips bodies usually comes from plum line bodies, 28,29,38,39 (shorter height body) or the large body type 42,43,46,47,52,53
other smaller petite,anime,teen body may have bigger assets too.. but other parts like shoulders and waist much smaller.. overall it will look smaller than a standard body S10,12,09,07

Diana

Diana

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum