OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Valiarde

Valiarde
Blacksmith in the Middle Ages was a very important profession.They were responsible for the manufacture and repair of various metal works,such as weapons、tools and household utensils. Blacksmiths usually worked in a small blacksmith shop, which may consist of one or more blacksmiths. They used a variety of tools and techniques, such as stoves,hammers,pliers,etc., to make metal products. In the Middle Ages,the work of the blacksmiths required great skills and physical strength.They need to master various technologies of metal processing such as forging,quenching, tempering ,etc.,to ensure the quality and durability of the products. A blacksmith's objects was widely used in society. Weapons were one of their main products, as it was a time when war and self-defense were very important. Blacksmiths also made tools such as plows,hoes and scythes, which were essential for agricultural production.In addition, they made household utensils such as pan,POTS and cutlery. Due to the importance of their work to society, blacksmiths were usually respected by people.Their skills and experience were passed down from generation to generation, and the blacksmith shop had become one of the centers of the community,where people would come to watch the blacksmiths at work and exchange various information. In a word, medieval blacksmiths were skilled craftsmen who played an important role in the development and operation of society. Their products were not only practical tools but also a part of the culture and art of that time.

PRICE: around $239

List:
1.Head*1
2.Body*1
3.Normal hands*1 pair
4.Hollow hands*1 pair
5.Normal gloved hands*1 pair
6.Hollow gloved hands*1 pair
7.Towel*1
8.Shirt*1
9.Pants*1 pair
10.Apron*1(Real leather)
11.Belt*1
12.Saddlebag*1 pair
13.A strip of cloth*1
14.Right Boot*1
15.Left prosthesis*1
16.Sledge hammer*1
17.Hammer*1
18.Butt chisel*1
19.Arrow chisel*1
20.Claw chisel*1
21.Long iron tongs*1
22.Short iron tongs*1
23.Flat tongs*1
24.Crowbar*1
25.Sword preform mold*1
26.Horseshoe*2
27.Bucket*1
28.Metal felt*1
29.Stump*1
30.Figure stand*1

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 01146
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 02148
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 03143
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 04140
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 05139
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 06134
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 07132
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 08131
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 09129
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 10130
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 11123
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 12106
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 1396
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 1482
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 1575
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 1667
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 1758
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 1851
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 1947
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 2052
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 2152
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 2247
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 2345
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 2441
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 2539
NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 2638

I hope you can see the pics, since I linked from fb
EDIT: Images are now locally hosted.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I might have to get this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 1f10

Valiarde

Valiarde
I ordered...

Poptoys never disappoints in quality. So I expect him to be pretty spot on to the promos

teamweapon

this looks superb! altho this dosnt really go with anything i have, i dont have any knights or any of that malarky haha. the only reservation i have is that it looks like the world box fat body again, and thats such a pain for articulation, i somehow have a few of those and they really dont pose very well at all.
so much so that the last pop toys fat body i got the zombie ninja fellah is still in the box. although hes in good company with loads of other figures haha

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Valiarde wrote:
No, I can't.

csyeung

csyeung
This looks pretty good and pretty unique!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
TravelGuide wrote:
Valiarde wrote:
No, I can't.
Me neither.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
this looks very nice indeed, although I also do not have any knights, or anything it would go with. I like the leg, kind of like the one from the blacksmith on How I Trained Your Dragon haha. Some really nice accessories too

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

Urushi

Urushi
teamweapon wrote:so much so that the last pop toys fat body i got the zombie ninja fellah is still in the box. although hes in good company with loads of other figures haha

If you ever want to sell any from the Pop Toys JPT Designs series, think about me Wink

Diana

Diana
Can't justify getting him, but WOW is he gorgeous!! POPTOYS really are working their way up to being my favourite brand. I would buy all of them if I didn't have budget concerns. ^^

I've replaced all images with locally hosted versions.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Diana wrote:Can't justify getting him, but WOW is he gorgeous!! POPTOYS really are working their way up to being my favourite brand. I would buy all of them if I didn't have budget concerns. ^^

I've replaced all images with locally hosted versions.

Thank you Diana. Smile Would have done it later but iam not on the laptop whole day until evening

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I could use many of the items for my Western blacksmith, since many things didn’t change much over the centuries.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS "The Evolution of Europe Series" BLACKSMITH OF THE MIDDLE AGES 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love this. An unusual choice of matter, but so apt. I can see why Simon should particularly be excited about this, as it would make an excellent addition to his gang, with or without customization. Thank you for posting and updating, Simon and Diana.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yes! I've been eagerly awaiting this figure since the prototype appeared at one of last year's shows!

Instant preorder - my English Civil War scenario needs a blacksmith character with the right tools and this seems pretty much ideal for it. I might even pick up two, personally I could never have enough scaled-down blacksmithing tools.

My only niggle with it is the 'prosthesis', not entirely sure how anachronistic that is, it feels 'off' somehow. Also, I don't find it particularly aesthetically pleasing. I suppose I can always swap the body out with a different WB 'Fat Man'.

Better start designing that forge diorama...

3Afr

3Afr
A great success for this very original character.
Poptoys quality, numerous accessories, a very small regret, that the seal and the block are not in real wood, but understandable given the difficulty of offering that... a magnificent set, but not for me with what I I already have a pre-order.

Valiarde

Valiarde
GeeWillikers wrote:Yes! I've been eagerly awaiting this figure since the prototype appeared at one of last year's shows!

My only niggle with it is the 'prosthesis', not entirely sure how anachronistic that is, it feels 'off' somehow. Also, I don't find it particularly aesthetically pleasing. I suppose I can always swap the body out with a different WB 'Fat Man'.

Better start designing that forge diorama...

Happy to hear that you are also getting one...or more and excited to see your diorama with it Smile

Agree, the prothesis is a bit strange, I think I would prefer him without it. But I don't know if I care enough to change the whole body here.

MarkEl

This has definitely caught my attention and is tempting me. I love scaled occupational tools and have all those ZCWO tool sets. This might be a little rustic in comparison, but it’s a blacksmith, so it works. Plus, this doesn’t seem to be a celebrity or linked to anything specific which is cool and leads to more flexibility in use. It reminds me of genre painting from art history, lol. Just a random dude working in everyday life.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Well…. I PO’d. I can use much of this. Need a different hammer, and I’ll have to make some horseshoes.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
This looks like such a good set with range of forging accessories, especially with the ‘hot’ metal pieces etc, which look difficult to find with general parts-searching. I’ve just started on some wooden walls for an Iron Age or Viking or Anglo-Saxon building (haven’t quite decided which yet!) but this has me seriously thinking about adding a forge, that would be a fun build. The metal prosthesis foot also had me a little hesitant, as it just seems a bit impractical and heavy, surely! But overall a very cool figure.

teamweapon

Urushi wrote:
teamweapon wrote:so much so that the last pop toys fat body i got the zombie ninja fellah is still in the box. although hes in good company with loads of other figures haha

If you ever want to sell any from the Pop Toys JPT Designs series, think about me Wink
i will!!!!
although i have hardly looked at it so far, so i wouldnt hold your breath as im not one for clearing things out as soon as i get them. i think thats to with me being from a slightly different generation? or not i dunno haha

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I don't have anything in particular against the prosthesis itself, I just don't think it works for this figure (although if you were a unidexter blacksmith, I suppose it would be much more practical than a wooden leg would be). I can see why they've picked 'Middle Ages' as a deliberately vague/broad term that encompasses the best part of a thousand years, but that metal leg seems quite advanced to me despite its rough construction (I'm seeing this guy as a village blacksmith - he's important to his community but he's not the King's armourer or anything), so to my mind he could live no earlier than the 16th Century (and for my specific purposes, I'm pinning him to the English Civil War of the 17th century).

I'd prefer it if the prosthesis were an 'optional extra', but otherwise this set is pretty much perfect for me so I'm willing to work around it. I don't have the Death Knell figure (even though I was very tempted to get it) but I think I'm right in thinking that body was an adapted World Box 'Fat Man', so a swap with one of those to 'correct' the prosthesis issue here shouldn't be so difficult.

Or I could of course just stick a spare boot over it.  Smile

PO'd from GianToy as soon as it came up, no hesitation.

Still seriously considering ordering a second one from Kit.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good point, GW, the prosthesis should totally have been a swappable alternative for the figure.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Just placed a preorder. I don't like the prosthesis but this guy will be the perfect incentive for me to finish my blacksmith's workshop.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t903-scratchbuild-blacksmith-s-workshop

The props have collected a lot of rust and dust, which saves me from having to weather them. Razz

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
shazzdan wrote:Just placed a preorder. I don't like the prosthesis but this guy will be the perfect incentive for me to finish my blacksmith's workshop.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t903-scratchbuild-blacksmith-s-workshop

The props have collected a lot of rust and dust, which saves me from having to weather them. Razz

I’ve PO’d this figure and plan to work on a forge diorama build, although I’m a little nervous as I haven’t picked a specific era, which appeared to get some folks fired up in your thread (sorry bad pun). I want to use some real stone on this one, as I don’t seem to like making it too easy….

Thanks so much for adding the link back to your project, your work looks great and I hope this fires up your enthusiasm to return to it. The re-purposing of the grinding stone is such a good idea.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Tanzenwolfe wrote:I’ve PO’d this figure and plan to work on a forge diorama build, although I’m a little nervous as I haven’t picked a specific era

I wouldn't let that hold you back. I'm sure they chose a deliberately broad term like 'Middle Ages' for a reason. I haven't studied this as my life's work, admittedly, but to my knowledge Shazzdan's quite right there - very little would've changed in the craft/industry over hundreds of years, and buildings and premises would often be handed down through the ages to family/apprentices with little structural change.

If anything, it's only the figure itself that potentially limits your scope IMO (that prosthesis again), he seems a little more era-specific than the setting/subject is, to me. Without the prosthesis (and with slightly simpler clothing IMO) I think he'd be more difficult to pin down, but FWIW, I think he actually looks more early-16th to mid-18th century. That would have him hail from beyond the Middle Ages, but still using those trusted tools and techniques.

(although that last opinion could just be my own confirmation bias at work Smile , seeing as I'm firmly placing him during the English Civil War period)

I have to admit that alongside some real-world distractions I'd become a little jaded on the hobby over the last six months or so, but the prospect of this set seems to have reignited my enthusiasm quite a bit. I haven't been this excited about a full set for quite some time (if ever, to be honest).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum