OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stumped again, bought the other cheap one from the antiquiti store and can't figure out how to remove the head

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

statistx

So I have no idea what kinda doll this one is now. I only know it has a mismatched colored head and while on the one i bought 2 days ago it was super easy to remove the head, here it just won't give. Even used more force than you probably should.
I also see some small dot of hard plastic on the neck, but no idea if that has anything to do with some head removing mechanicsm.
Anyone able to identify and help please?

This one has "snapping" articulation, so it's not a smooth move, but rather snapping into several steps and the skin quality is a lot worse than the other one, so not sure if it's offbrand, or an older model. I just want to remove the head and replace it basically.

Stumped again, bought the other cheap one from the antiquiti store and can't figure out how to remove the head 210

Stumped again, bought the other cheap one from the antiquiti store and can't figure out how to remove the head 110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yeah, that one would need some customizing. As for removing the head, start by heating up the plastic with a blow dryer. When it's softened up a bit, pull. Proceed at your own risk.

statistx

GubernatorFan wrote:Yeah, that one would need some customizing. As for removing the head, start by heating up the plastic with a blow dryer. When it's softened up a bit, pull. Proceed at your own risk.

So basically it is on there, just very tight.
Consdiering this was 30€ only, I basically got it to customize it anyway, first thing that has to go is the head, then i gotta figure out if i can put another on.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
statistx wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Yeah, that one would need some customizing. As for removing the head, start by heating up the plastic with a blow dryer. When it's softened up a bit, pull. Proceed at your own risk.

Consdiering this was 30€ only, I basically got it to customize it anyway, first thing that has to go is the head, then i gotta figure out if i can put another on.

I'm not sure what body this is (doesn't strike me as a TBLeague, at least not a recent one -- watch out for easy to snap plastic internal skeletons if it is one that old). But I would guess this head has an internal connector meant for different types of bodies, and this might have something to do with how it is snapped on.

statistx

GubernatorFan wrote:
statistx wrote:

I'm not sure what body this is (doesn't strike me as a TBLeague, at least not a recent one -- watch out for easy to snap plastic internal skeletons if it is one that old). But I would guess this head has an internal connector meant for different types of bodies, and this might have something to do with how it is snapped on.

The plot thickens. If i take off the boots, i have "Phicen" on one side and "Made in China" on the other

Stumped again, bought the other cheap one from the antiquiti store and can't figure out how to remove the head 17140611

Managed to open up the back of the head. There was also a ring around the peg to keep it in place.

Stumped again, bought the other cheap one from the antiquiti store and can't figure out how to remove the head Head10

statistx

I think the only way to get that head off, is by cutting the harder plastic front face. just wondering how/if i find a way to attach another head

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmmm, might be a really old Phicen body. Be careful, it is probably plastic (I mean the endoskeleton) and those can break.

statistx

GubernatorFan wrote:Hmmm, might be a really old Phicen body. Be careful, it is probably plastic (I mean the endoskeleton) and those can break.

Cut the head free, by taking out a chunk from the back. then i took the connector piece that was in the other doll's head and glued that to the peg, so now the replaced head from the other doll fits on that body, which is a lot closer in skintone, so this is gonna be my repaint and other modification experiment one

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Looks like one of the first Phicen bodies, probably from 2011/2012, because from 2013 they had a round peg for the head. The ones before didn't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum