OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 40]

776discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:45 am

csyeung

Great display Mark!

777discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:45 am

davidd

Love the menagerie, and the costume on the Jane Parker fig!

How fickle my interests are! Seeing this, I'm tempted to liquidate all my space themed and military themed and switch to a "Daktari" or Steve Irwin style animal conservation theme!

When I was a kid, you could still sometimes see monkeys in pet shops. And baby alligators! Oh, how I wanted a baby alligator!

778discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:54 am

Xavion2004

davidd wrote:When I was a kid, you could still sometimes see monkeys in pet shops. And baby alligators! Oh, how I wanted a baby alligator!

Come down here to Florida. We have alligators in just about every standing body of fresh water. Razz

I really like the whole theme as well. Very nice collection and display. The only thing is that now I’m going to have “Mike! Mike! What day is it?!?” playing over and over again in my mind.

779discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:00 pm

davidd

Xavion2004 wrote:

Come down here to Florida.   We have alligators in just about every standing body of fresh water.  

I'm "wintering" in Florida at the moment - wintering being literal, as it's cold here!  I suspect I'm too far north for 'gators - Daytona Beach area.

RECENT ARRIVAL:

TBLeague (Phicen) S44 (pale) and S45 (suntan) seamless figures:

Left: S44
Right: S45

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 51838604165_b9a79e41db_z

780discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:50 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:My JXK Lion came earlier in the week so I decided to take a pic of my entire "exotic" animal menagerie that I have thus far (I actually have two of the earlier Lions by JXK, since I had no idea if they'd ever do any others). I threw my custom Jane Parker (Tarzan's wife; outfit by Amy Jones -- aka AJClothiers -- pith helmet supplied by ReverendSpooky) for scale reference.

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 _dsc3559

That is absolutely awesome. I know we've seen some of your collection before, but it is turning into a veritable menagerie. Love the new lion and the cub (I have the same as yours), but a long way away of even dreaming of putting together such a collection of wildlife. I do have some dogs and a couple of cats. Smile

781discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:06 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have a couple dogs, but since they don’t fall into the “exotic” category, I didn’t bother to include them. Id like to see something like a Monitor Lizard, Alligators/Crocodiles, and maybe even a Rhino (we’ve seen a pretty sucky Elephant, and I missed out on the Tigers — didn’t think I needed one since they are not native to Africa).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 C8485110

782discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:16 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's nice to have some consistency, Mark. My only exotic animals are the lions, and I guess the monkey from the Ujindou set (show in the Clothing thread).

783discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:53 pm

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
Stryker2011 wrote:My JXK Lion came earlier in the week so I decided to take a pic of my entire "exotic" animal menagerie that I have thus far (I actually have two of the earlier Lions by JXK, since I had no idea if they'd ever do any others). I threw my custom Jane Parker (Tarzan's wife; outfit by Amy Jones -- aka AJClothiers -- pith helmet supplied by ReverendSpooky) for scale reference.

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 _dsc3559

The lions and jaguars need their own photoshoots, if the product photos are any indication then they're some gorgeous work. I really love the lion in the white color...A new temptation haha. Their cats are so cute I might have to grab one.

Clearly 4 flesh and blood cats isn't enough... Rolling Eyes

784discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:05 pm

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
You can still find the tigers, though! They're very...VERY...tempting...

785discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:15 am

Diana

Diana
Mark, that is one beautiful collection! The lion was my first. Now you make it look like it would be worth getting... more. Smile

Love the gorilla and especially the chimp!
I can't believe you have a camel. Laughing

I want a dog now. And a cat. And...

786discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:58 am

venator5

venator5
My latest one is Zona, by damtoys. With her I now have both girls from the gemini series.

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 XWkvifl

787discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:39 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
venator5 wrote:My latest one is Zona, by damtoys. With her I now have both girls from the gemini series.
Nice set! It would be nice to see some action shooting with the twins. I own the figure of Zona too. My other Damtoys figures are the U.N. Peacekeeper and Pisces. In my experience, Damtoys bodies have good quality. They are quite solid and can easily be posed.

788discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:34 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Zona was always my fave! I sold mu Vickey a while back.

789discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:36 pm

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
After a year and half wait it's almost finally here. Shipped today along with Sephiroth
discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 20201010

790discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:51 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooh, let us know how they turned out!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

791discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:06 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’d love to get that Cloud, but he’s so popular that if you snooze you lose. Looking forward to pics!

792discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:13 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I ordered that guy, but it’ll probably be a long time before mine shows up on US soil (I bought it mostly for that bike, the body, and the hands.

793discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:00 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@thegreatshaggy
That's a really cool bike. Too bad, I'm not a fan of FF...

My Shaman got an animal companion: A "Smilodon populator" form Rebor. It's actually 1/11, but I feel it scales well enough to act as the Shaman's magic familiar...

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 51873477122_a162dd397a_kCJ3A4348pp by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 51873477257_02241a4190_kCJ3A4355pp by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

794discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:06 pm

davidd

davidd
A realistic Smilodon? That's awesome!

795discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think everyone's happy. You, we, the shaman, and certainly the Smilodon, which can't help but smile at being the familiar of such an uncharacteristically beautiful shaman. Smile

796discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:26 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@GF
Smile Yes, it sure looks like it. The smilodon statue actually comes with a secondary interchangeable head with opened yaw, which looks much more aggressive. I should play around with it a little more, when I have some free time...

797discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:36 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool cat. I think it works perfectly for the style of these Shaman ladies. Looks like a cub, so size shouldn't be an issue really. Nice grab.

798discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:33 am

Diana

Diana
Wow! That Smilodon is gorgeous!! I also got my shamans a familiar, but it doesn't really fit. THIS is way cooler! I have my eyes on a pair of white wolves... Smile

799discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:50 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Diana
Wolves would also perfectly fit your shamans. Mr.Z offered some great looking wolves with different fur colors a few years ago.

... Damn, now I successfully primed myself to shop for more animals! Wink

800discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:34 am

Diana

Diana
Randam Hajile wrote:@Diana
Wolves would also perfectly fit your shamans. Mr.Z offered some great looking wolves with different fur colors a few years ago.

... Damn, now I successfully primed myself to shop for more animals! Wink
Hah! Yeah, I recently purchased two 1/12 horses, one 1/6 dog and two 1/6 cats. Rolling Eyes Will post photos soon.
And yes, the one white wolf is that by Mr Z and the other is from Flirty Girl I think. They are being offered together and they look great together, judging by the somewhat blurry photos... 3 days til the end of the auction... bounce Smile

801discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:34 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The Flirty Girl wolf isn’t as detailed as the Mr. Z versions (though I don’t have the Mr. Z, but judging from their other animals I would imagine that to be an accurate assessment, since I have that Fliety Girl wolf — came as part of a figure set).

802discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:17 pm

ElBundy

ElBundy
Randam Hajile wrote:
My Shaman got an animal companion: A "Smilodon populator" form Rebor. It's actually 1/11, but I feel it scales well enough to act as the Shaman's magic familiar...

Wow, that diorama looks really cool. I have ordered the ‚friendly’ shaman version, so I plan to use another head sculpt and tattoo it a little bit. A smilodon in 1/6 scale would really be a monster figure.

803discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:11 pm

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:The Flirty Girl wolf isn’t as detailed as the Mr. Z versions (though I don’t have the Mr. Z, but judging from their other animals I would imagine that to be an accurate assessment, since I have that Fliety Girl wolf — came as part of a figure set).
Hm... that doesn't sound good. Thank you for the warning. I'll go look for photos before deciding.

804discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:50 pm

davidd

davidd
Well...  Embarassed  ... this arrived today via eBay:

discussion - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Piratebarbieset1
Halloween Pirates Barbie & Ken - 1998

Halloween Party Barbie & Ken Gift Set featuring pirate costumes was a 1998 Target Stores exclusive. I picked this one up fairly inexpensively through eBay. It's always a surprise to see sets like this, marketed toward collectors, that are twenty to thirty years old selling for next to nothing. Too bad that doesn't happen with recent release figures from the "action figure" companies.

I got to thinking about pirate figures a while back, and my intent behind this purchase is to evaluate the costumes for use on other action figures. Poor Barbie and Ken - for a quarter of a century they've been well taken care of and kept mint in box, and now most of their packaging is destined for the recycle or rubbish bins, and their sad naked bodies will be banished to thrift store purgatory to be unceremoniously mauled by grimy little rugrats.

Or not. It's such a cute set that I may have some trouble bringing myself to open it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum