OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 24]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
That turned out so cool. I can’t wait to see him with the Nine.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Beautifully done. Almost complete now, no? Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:That turned out so cool. I can’t wait to see him with the Nine.

GubernatorFan wrote:Beautifully done. Almost complete now, no? Smile

'Getting there' Wink should be a weapons and pauldrons day. I need to clean the glass for the table to display them on too, reminds me of chores as a kid...yuck! Suspect

dadrab

Though the word might be incorrectly and overly used, I believe "epic" truly describes this build, and the series, for that matter.

Tolkien would be proud.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
dadrab wrote:Though the word might be incorrectly and overly used, I believe "epic" truly describes this build, and the series, for that matter.

Tolkien would be proud.

Thanks dadrab! Spent all day battling with a stupid British curtain rod system, reversing the pull cord system so I can have my table where I want it to display these guys. Also completely striped a gas boiler power unit for parts that I hoped would help make the throne, not sure these parts will but the aluminium ducting material will make a good base when cut and bent to shape. I also found some Skeleflex boxes/containers in my storage room that will be cool for the throne and Iron Man dio projects too.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Got the table together and in place at last, had to reverse the the bloody curtain pull string mechanism so the table could be where I wanted it. Looked a lot easier than it was since I'd never done it before, had bloody pulleys and meters of string all over the place before I realised you needed to disconnect one of the shuttles/carriers/leaders to do it and didn't need to take the whole f**king thing apart to do that! Anyway all done now. Been amassing a big pile of parts to make the throne out of which includes a real 'caution, man lifting heavy umbrella' sign I found dumped outside by the council.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 Atf1fSk

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 MqiXazK

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The table looks very nice... and so does your collection.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:The table looks very nice... and so does your collection.

Thanks GF! Not a bad turnaround for a 'piece of garbage' someone had thrown out! Got all the Wraith on it now, think I'll position them in a ring around Sauron to save on real-estate (which ironically is quite appropriate! Wink ) so my Hulkbuster and other centre piece Iron Man figures can have the other half of the table.
Batteries arrived today and so did a large chain mail handbag I bought second hand on ebay, not to go cross dressing with (I'll leave that to DFC) but to strip apart and use as mail like I did on the Gondorian Wraith for Sauron's kama etc.. then have lots left over for other builds. There's a really nice shade of purple as a liner material too which will come in handy for a future build since I actually didn't have any purple material until now, odd. Anyway painting the pauldrons, took pics of my pile of stuff to make the throne with next and modded the sleeves on his robes, I'll lengthen the hem line too so it drags on the floor in tatters.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 Yzed8S3

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 CFUYoi7

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 0tOpZZj

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 4Xu9Vev

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 CUOYZ69

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 Hv24Fob

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 JBpYqug

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 CHhg7Tr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It would never have occurred to me that you would get a chain mail purse for crossdressing. I should hope you dont's do that ever -- knowing how thoroughly you customize things, you're liable to slice (or Dremel) off something vital. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m curious to see what you do with the chain mail.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:It would never have occurred to me that you would get a chain mail purse for crossdressing. I should hope you dont's do that ever -- knowing how thoroughly you customize things, you're liable to slice (or Dremel) off something vital. Smile

Laughing That's transgender not crossdressing! Not my thing either, my long grey beard would be a bit of a giveaway! Wink

Stryker2011 wrote:I’m curious to see what you do with the chain mail.

Well like I said, it'll be used similarly to the Gondorian wraith, it's going to take a lot of work though carefully cutting all the stitching away for the liners and then using two pairs of pointed nose pliers to undo each four pronged link and then reattaching/closing them for a figure this big!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Finished painting and mounting the shoulder pauldrons which help with his head's proportions, the mail I'll add to his hips later will help fill out his lower half visually as there will be more and slightly wider placed silver there. I decided to attach the chains to his abdomen armour as it just made sense cosmetically and practically since they don't burn, they also allow abdominal crunch articulation but reign in his upper sideways rotation which just broke up the sculpt and put unnecessary strain on the EL Wire. I also spent most of the night/morning taking that bag apart for the mail that still needs to be separated; got some nice purple material now though for something else. The robe will be extended with the black material shown below it.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 U8b6kX7

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 RSBgkF3

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 3N4lcMZ

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 CrJWjI6

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 5YcVbGh

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 RXgdqBH

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 G5aNMJD

New Batteries!

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 Kjubj8M

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 BpLxmwb

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
He is looking ace! The flames really set him off now. Glass tables worry me. I wouldn't have the balls to stand one where you have. Visions of shelf diving figures would keep me awake! Mine had a habit of doing so spontaneously as well.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:He is looking ace! The flames really set him off now. Glass tables worry me. I wouldn't have the balls to stand one where you have. Visions of shelf diving figures would keep me awake! Mine had a habit of doing so spontaneously as well.

CHEERS!

LOL! I use stands for all my figures and that glass is really thick! The Hulkbuster is on it now with another 15 figures including heavy bases. The glass weighs a tonne, just glad I managed to get it on there by myself to be honest! Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, that is looking sweet! That flame effect under dark lighting is really creepy. (You need to get some rest now).

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is looking gorgeous. Those chains were an excellent idea, adding further detail to the pauldrons and chest. If you have more to use, I'd say consider adding a second, if not a third set.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Man, that is looking sweet! That flame effect under dark lighting is really creepy. (You need to get some rest now).

Cheers Stryker! Had a nap now.

GubernatorFan wrote:It is looking gorgeous. Those chains were an excellent idea, adding further detail to the pauldrons and chest. If you have more to use, I'd say consider adding a second, if not a third set.

Nice idea! A bit like what I did with the Reaper Wraith then? Sadly don't have anymore but must be able to find some of the same on ebay to order by the meter.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 EAYGTnL

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes! Exactly -- something like that, except the chains would reach to and go on the Pauldrons (that way you can add more detail there, especially around the top part). I think it would look great.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
That was fast! More detail on the pauldrons? not sure there's any room! Laughing I had been thinking about adding small skulls on the pikes though, just forgot! When I say small they would be more like 1/10 rather than 1/6 but painted silver they could be construed as decoration rather than real skulls per say.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And since you like the new Star Wars trooper types, check out the new HT Patrol Trooper thread.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:And since you like the new Star Wars trooper types, check out the new HT Patrol Trooper thread.

I was just about to! Added more pauldron ideas in the post above.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

LOL! I use stands for all my figures and that glass is really thick! The Hulkbuster is on it now with another 15 figures including heavy bases. The glass weighs a tonne, just glad I managed to get it on there by myself to be honest! Wink

That's fine then. I remember my Mum got some mugs from a jumble sale once, they were knock off Pyrex and they spontaneously shattered while sitting in the cupboard. Could have been nasty had someone been holding them while full. So, I'm a bit wary of glass stuff.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

That's fine then. I remember my Mum got some mugs from a jumble sale once, they were knock off Pyrex and they spontaneously shattered while sitting in the cupboard. Could have been nasty had someone been holding them while full. So, I'm a bit wary of glass stuff.

CHEERS!

If you stack glasses etc.. they will explode on their own due to gravity putting stress on the lower ones from the ones above then it's like dominoes, ask any bartender, perhaps that's what happened?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Some pics of the mail idea, not cut all the way in these pictures yet, I say cut as I managed to cut lines down the mail using wire snips which saved a lot of time! I found some more chain, ironically on a 1:1 version of the 'One Ring'! Laughing I had a spare too so the one in the display box didn't need a chain, only the one I have hanging over Sting's crossgaurd does. It's a bit smaller but the same style of links and quite long. Some pics of the skulls too. Everything is in the spraybooth drying now and I'm finally watching 'Avengers Infinity War' after catching up with the other movies recently.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 UtNCXHx

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 WaYqbHe

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 Fgykkpz

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 SUxNdar

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 75skE3S

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 PS2Gjtg

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 17 Q6AUXm8

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like it all!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That looks cool. I must say when I read you were thinking of adding skulls to the pauldron spikes I was skeptical, but that looks creepy (awesome).

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

If you stack glasses etc.. they will explode on their own due to gravity putting stress on the lower ones from the ones above then it's like dominoes, ask any bartender, perhaps that's what happened?

That's the thing, they weren't even stacked, they were just stood in the cupboard. I heard a crash, went to look and the cupboard was littered with glass, it had just disintegrated!

CHEERS!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
BTW, he just gets better!

CHEERS!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
My god man, those flame effects look brilliant! I've been loving all of the wraiths, but I'm so utterly floored by Sauron. He just looks so epic and fierce. Quickly becoming one of my all time favorite builds.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum