OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Rogerbee

Founding Father

That large screw made me wince a bit! (That's what she said!) It all seems to be coming together nicely. Might finally get a valuation on my figures next week. Maybe, just maybe, when that's all out of the way I might get round to looking into moving, though take that with a large pinch of salt, LOL!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:
That large screw made me wince a bit! (That's what she said!) It all seems to be coming together nicely. Might finally get a valuation on my figures next week. Maybe, just maybe, when that's all out of the way I might get round to looking into moving, though take that with a large pinch of salt, LOL!

CHEERS!

I always do...I add pepper too! Wink Why do you need you figures valued? You must know the going prices for them don't you? If it's a 'certified' valuer they charge an arm and a leg just to make your figures too expensive to sell and all you end up with is a very expensive certificate! I'm hoping you're just taking them to a local comic/collectables shop for a 2nd opinion? My twin barrelled pistols arrived and I've just written a pictorial review on them along with a video of me shooting them here:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/umarexboysclubforum/double-review-of-double-barrelled-semi-auto-full-a-t26096.html

I'm working on the articulation of the armour now (Punisher) but its been one of those days where I just feel clumsy and unproductive, knocked my giant Hasbro Millennium Falcon, a 40" Vader and my Concept Edition HT Boba Fett complete with electric turntable all off the display table with a simple bump of my shoulder looking for something on the floor....Embarassed silent

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I hope nothing is irreparably damaged after the only earthquake in Wales! On the plus side, if anyone can fix it, surely it's you. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Rogerbee

Founding Father

shovelchop81 wrote:
I always do...I add pepper too! Wink  Why do you need you figures valued? You must know the going prices for them don't you? If it's a 'certified' valuer they charge an arm and a leg just to make your figures too expensive to sell and all you end up with is a very expensive certificate! I'm hoping you're just taking them to a local comic/collectables shop for a 2nd opinion? My twin barrelled pistols arrived and I've just written a pictorial review on them along with a video of me shooting them here:

I'm working on the articulation of the armour now (Punisher) but its been one of those days where I just feel clumsy and unproductive, knocked my giant Hasbro Millennium Falcon, a 40" Vader and my Concept Edition HT Boba Fett complete with electric turntable all off the display table with a simple bump of my shoulder looking for something on the floor....Embarassed silent  

Well, I'll take what the guy offers, just to get rid. I'm not going to charge what they'd go for on eBay as they'd just sit there. I want to get some return and I want them to as well, I like to support bricks and mortar stores. I didn't pay MIB prices and only 3 of them could really be classed as such anyway and they were bought before prices went silly. There is a shop just yards away that sells HT for £300 and up and they just sit gathering dust. The average Joe in the street has no idea about the hobby like we do and they just turn their noses up and walk when they see the prices. Doing it my way means I win and so does the poor retailer.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I applaud your attitude, Roger. Very refreshing in this day and age.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I hope nothing is irreparably damaged after the only earthquake in Wales! On the plus side, if anyone can fix it, surely it's you. Smile

I haven't dared look yet, just give it the 'stink eye' every time I pass the the crash scene! Wink Funnily enough we had a quake a few years back, at the exact moment I was taking a first clean sighted in shot with my first built airgun pellet sniper rifle.....bloody typical I remember thinking! Mad Laughing

Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:
I always do...I add pepper too! Wink  Why do you need you figures valued? You must know the going prices for them don't you? If it's a 'certified' valuer they charge an arm and a leg just to make your figures too expensive to sell and all you end up with is a very expensive certificate! I'm hoping you're just taking them to a local comic/collectables shop for a 2nd opinion? My twin barrelled pistols arrived and I've just written a pictorial review on them along with a video of me shooting them here:

Well, I'll take what the guy offers, just to get rid. I'm not going to charge what they'd go for on eBay as they'd just sit there. I want to get some return and I want them to as well, I like to support bricks and mortar stores. I didn't pay MIB prices and only 3 of them could really be classed as such anyway and they were bought before prices went silly. There is a shop just yards away that sells HT for £300 and up and they just sit gathering dust. The average Joe in the street has no idea about the hobby like we do and they just turn their noses up and walk when they see the prices. Doing it my way means I win and so does the poor retailer.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011 wrote:I applaud your attitude, Roger. Very refreshing in this day and age.

Yes very unmisery for a half Scot(well near) and half Yorkshire man! Very Happy Seriously though nice attitude to have plus you'll actually get something as opposed to waiting for a lot of nothing. Shame that you're letting them go though, have you thought of selling them here? I wouldn't mind buying Lucifer from you mate.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Sorry, he stays with me, I only sold what I felt I could. Scarface, my 24 figures, and the Craig Bond were what went. The Scarfaces, had to go as a pair as one used hands from the other. Craig, Jack Bauer and President Palmer were bashes, the only true MIB figure in the lot was Tony Almeida. I put the Palmer and Bauer into proper figure boxes that were from original figures I took parts from and included Palmer's original body.

I didn't want to sell them on here as we are so widespread and potential shipping costs would have been a pain in the butt I didn't need and I'm not sure what I could have recouped, there was also the potential risk of shipping damage. Doing it the way I did seemed a good option, plus I can go and see them while they're being displayed for sale.

CHEERS!

PS (Half Scot!? My Dad is from Stockton on Tees, that's the North East.)

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Sorry, he stays with me, I only sold what I felt I could. Scarface, my 24 figures, and the Craig Bond were what went. The Scarfaces, had to go as a pair as one used hands from the other. Craig, Jack Bauer and President Palmer were bashes, the only true MIB figure in the lot was Tony Almeida. I put the Palmer and Bauer into proper figure boxes that were from original figures I took parts from and included Palmer's original body.

I didn't want to sell them on here as we are so widespread and potential shipping costs would have been a pain in the butt I didn't need and I'm not sure what I could have recouped, there was also the potential risk of shipping damage. Doing it the way I did seemed a good option, plus I can go and see them while they're being displayed for sale.

CHEERS!

PS (Half Scot!? My Dad is from Stockton on Tees, that's the North East.)

Fair enough, makes sense....shame you're not parting with Lucifer, he'd look great next to my Leon! Wink I thought you said your mum was from just south of Scotland when I teased you before for not spending money on something?

Articulation improvements and added gimmicks are the name of the game now, well the build... I've been removing parts that hinder articulation and in the case of the abdomen and torso, removing and repositioning small bits while grinding the lower half of the skull logo down to get torso rotation working. I'm also adding flaps with piston details like the older HT IM suits have as I've always loved that detail and moving parts.

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 Arxvo3n

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 BVlHyF1

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 ASqNHYI

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 0lGq2OU

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 QPPhdyk

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 UbbSo67

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 KxTebN3

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 NlYr1pV

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 Zbl6bvi

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 CEVLdbl

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 TTSWvqG

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 66VsYP7

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 WzM1TBN

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 OzwhCic

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 UXNqmvY

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 VHywA22

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 ZmwRaGE

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 KhOWFEr

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good,

My Mum was born in Sutton In Craven which is Yorkshire.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good,

My Mum was born in Sutton In Craven which is Yorkshire.

CHEERS!

Cheers!

Well I got it half right and backwards...what more can you expect from my fried brain? Laughing

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

More Punisher goodness!?

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Discovered what a pain changing out out the colour of my glue in my hot glue gun is with stupid safety screws as a bonus! Required a complete disassembly and lots of non conductive materials to operate the heating element without burning myself or better yet getting a jolt of 240v mains electricity straight to my heart! Not recommended btw Wink . I did all this to get my black glue into his feet and calves for reinforcement and wish I'd had black glue earlier in the build, expensive stuff though. I stiffened up his abdomen joint with nail polish and added some dense rubbery foam which really helps. I attached his hands with the ball pegs in the wrists which is the reverse of what I'm used to...I think? He had gorilla arms that I think I've fixed but hard to tell tbh, the elbow joints lengthen his arms so I cut back the forearms then added the purple socket parts (cut down from a Transformers Lego type of figure) so they are a bit shorter but not by much, well I don't want tiny forearms either so slightly long arms is better than too short. I also started making some more black latex ribbed piping since the off-cuts I have aren't enough unfortunately.

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 4T2CNZQ

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 ZP71ksn

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 10CPEVp

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 HSXWxcW

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 OSSS5XL

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 RDcb58L

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 BFKX7GS

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 FdRgVE4

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 XyZRp8V

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 Jbw1t6L

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 14dODG7

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 BLzMLGn

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 CiGAZpI

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 HzuK8Jo

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 Stb6TR9

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 NETTQHL

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 EIUOLHP

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 CzjYKlY

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting solutions. He’s really coming along. I’m pretty sure I have a glue gun somewhere, but since the move I haven’t seen it. I don’t think I’d have the patience to take it apart, though.

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That is commitment to your art for you. I hope you did not suffer any personal injury in the process, and I'm sure it was a worthwhile effort. I take it hot glue is not paintable (probably a stupid question, I've just never used the stuff -- been told it is super messy, even if very handy).

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Interesting solutions. He’s really coming along. I’m pretty sure I have a glue gun somewhere, but since the move I haven’t seen it. I don’t think I’d have the patience to take it apart, though.

Yeah that was a bit OTT even for me but saved wasting a lot of glue, not just the cheap stuff but also the expensive black glue that will otherwise mix with the cheap stuff for a bit and be wasted too.

GubernatorFan wrote:That is commitment to your art for you. I hope you did not suffer any personal injury in the process, and I'm sure it was a worthwhile effort. I take it hot glue is not paintable (probably a stupid question, I've just never used the stuff -- been told it is super messy, even if very handy).

LOL, I thought you were asking if you could paint with it at first! Very Happy Er no but you can paint it which I'm pretty sure is what you were asking, although just like all rubbery surfaces they are prone to paint cracking and flaking which is why I'd rather have had the black glue under the black paint from day one. As for being messy, well that's all up to how you control it and what size gun you use, you can get mini ones that use 7mm diameter glue sticks, work well for detail stuff but I tend to find them too slow for cavity filling and using it in bulk like I do, you'd be amazed at just how many glue sticks (11mmx100mm ones in clear) have gone into this little 1/6 build already, nearly used up all 2 of the 11mmx250mm black glue already as well and that's not wasting any.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I'm sure it'll all come together in the end, keep at it.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
I'm sure it'll all come together in the end, keep at it.

CHEERS!

Cheers! I'm just starting the fun stuff now!

So sculpt choice ended up being easy for the helmeted version, er...chose the one that would fit! Wink
Not using the Hasbro Titans helmet at all on this build, using a spare HC KO black MK43 one instead that is already hollowed out too. Made more black latex ribbed tubing using a much faster method this time (reinforced the custom moulds with a sawn off gun barrel and dipped them into the bottle of Latex rather than painting every layer on) has some drawbacks though, bubbles/voids so I think I'll combine the two techniques in future by purging the first couple of layers with a brush. Added the tubing to where it was needed and secured the hip joints with screws. Went through all my parts put aside for this build and narrowed them down to the tray-full you see now for weapons, armour bits (I can't find my MSG runner full of vent/aerofoil parts, been turning the house upside down for days now, well annoyed..), hands armatures, connectors etc..

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 GqVXGcH

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 TIkCfDP

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 OKGlIHt

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 Se4zMSE

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 LzAZ4yi

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 SgV3UCT

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 VbmGBgL

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 7taWqgb

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 OSLwvJU

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 7Aitcut

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 ObCNKbI

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 U7qaFQC

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 6j5I5Am

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 BjVY1Pa

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 P6qFFve

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 1t38RMP

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looking good!

I see you got some of the HT Aliens mini figures, who did you get? I have Hicks, Drake and two Alien Warriors.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Looking good!

I see you got some of the HT Aliens mini figures, who did you get? I have Hicks, Drake and two Alien Warriors.

CHEERS!

Cheers! Ah you spotted the egg, I've got all of them, all the Marines, Aliens, Ripleys and all the Predators. They are so fragile though, they're stored away in tubs since I moved house years ago, I use the eggs with my 1/6 displays...got a lot of eggs! Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Impressive amount of destruction/reconstruction going on. Dipping in latex sounds like an interesting technique.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

Cheers! Ah you spotted the egg, I've got all of them, all the Marines, Aliens, Ripleys and all the Predators. They are so fragile though, they're stored away in tubs since I moved house years ago, I use the eggs with my 1/6 displays...got a lot of eggs! Wink

Yeah they are fragile, broke both arms and the smart gun mount on Drake and I think I broke an arm on Hicks as well. The plastic was way to hard and needed so much work to get things into pegs.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
With all those pieces laid out, looks like a complex build still head.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Impressive amount of destruction/reconstruction going on. Dipping in latex sounds like an interesting technique.

Well does the trick! Trying to find rubber ribbed hose for 1/6 builds is next to impossible.

Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

Yeah they are fragile, broke both arms and the smart gun mount on Drake and I think I broke an arm on Hicks as well. The plastic was way to hard and needed so much work to get things into pegs.

CHEERS!

The hard plastic is great for capturing the super fine detail they have but they needed something softer for the joints.

GubernatorFan wrote:With all those pieces laid out, looks like a complex build still head.

Yup, articulation was just the beginning to allow a build! LOL.

He has got a really big nose! I'm having to make him a custom fitting face plate to allow for it. I've been cutting pegs off armour bits and doing my typical balancing act to try and convey where parts will go, not easy to show when it keeps falling off! Wink

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 YRNkr8x

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 Nlc23Q1

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 I5qIwUv

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 TxAbeFn

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 AW7jNut

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 7uKst7U

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 UeucwB9

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 XaWR7cO

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 SRyt8BA

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 KxYzHcM

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 JplJQuz

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 5ZrRXWU

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 Ge4yiaC

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 WF9zppK

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I realize that might be missing the point, but it occurs to me that if you had the extra pieces, you could have one closed-mask helmet head and another one that would be open to reveal the face.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I realize that might be missing the point, but it occurs to me that if you had the extra pieces, you could have one closed-mask helmet head and another one that would be open to reveal the face.

Very good point! Laughing I guess I'm just stubborn and want things to work like the older HT IM figures rather than their later habit of just unplugging and replacing parts for a different look.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Very good point! Laughing  I guess I'm just stubborn and want things to work like the older HT IM figures rather than their later habit of just unplugging and replacing parts for a different look.

I can relate to your choice -- it's the principle of the thing, and my hat's off to you (once again) for trying to make it work as it is supposed to.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Well, as it's based on a movie design where the faceplate did lift up, it makes sense to do that rather than do what a toy company did just for convenience.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Very good point! Laughing  I guess I'm just stubborn and want things to work like the older HT IM figures rather than their later habit of just unplugging and replacing parts for a different look.

I can relate to your choice -- it's the principle of the thing, and my hat's off to you (once again) for trying to make it work as it is supposed to.

Cheers GF!

Rogerbee wrote:
Well, as it's based on a movie design where the faceplate did lift up, it makes sense to do that rather than do what a toy company did just for convenience.

CHEERS!

They haven't cut corners that far yet, it's more to do with weaponry so far but who knows, they've given Thanos a fixed arm to pose his gauntlet with...

I'm having dejavu with this helmet from my last custom War Machine build since I started the milliput work today! Rolling Eyes

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 Udf8nmB

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 AyP3KfP

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 RN1jFo2

Last WM build..

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 O8yKKke

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 S6sB3sA

Yup definitely dejavu...

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 I2pkve3

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 DMYLmMh

Working on the flaps too.

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 3 ZWIF0v5

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good so far; should be cool to see the face plate open up to reveal Frank.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum