OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Very good point! Laughing  I guess I'm just stubborn and want things to work like the older HT IM figures rather than their later habit of just unplugging and replacing parts for a different look.

I can relate to your choice -- it's the principle of the thing, and my hat's off to you (once again) for trying to make it work as it is supposed to.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Rogerbee

Founding Father

Well, as it's based on a movie design where the faceplate did lift up, it makes sense to do that rather than do what a toy company did just for convenience.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Very good point! Laughing  I guess I'm just stubborn and want things to work like the older HT IM figures rather than their later habit of just unplugging and replacing parts for a different look.

I can relate to your choice -- it's the principle of the thing, and my hat's off to you (once again) for trying to make it work as it is supposed to.

Cheers GF!

Rogerbee wrote:
Well, as it's based on a movie design where the faceplate did lift up, it makes sense to do that rather than do what a toy company did just for convenience.

CHEERS!

They haven't cut corners that far yet, it's more to do with weaponry so far but who knows, they've given Thanos a fixed arm to pose his gauntlet with...

I'm having dejavu with this helmet from my last custom War Machine build since I started the milliput work today! Rolling Eyes

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 Udf8nmB

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 AyP3KfP

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 RN1jFo2

Last WM build..

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 O8yKKke

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 S6sB3sA

Yup definitely dejavu...

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 I2pkve3

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 DMYLmMh

Working on the flaps too.

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 ZWIF0v5

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Looks good so far; should be cool to see the face plate open up to reveal Frank.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yep, all coming along nicely.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I just love it when the cheese graters come out and and are dissected to become part of another Alex Masterpiece! Smile

blackpool

blackpool
Amazing work, this is gonna be so badass! Thanks a lot for taking the time to shoot pictures while working, it's highly informative!

Can't wait to see that beast in the paint room Cool

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:He has got a really big nose! I'm having to make him a custom fitting face plate to allow for it. I've been cutting pegs off armour bits and doing my typical balancing act to try and convey where parts will go, not easy to show when it keeps falling off! Wink

Looking back at the head jammed into the helmet, I bet the nose wasn't the only thing that was sticking out. I imagine you cut off the ears. I just did that for the first time on a head when I was modifying it for my New Superhero Revealed? photo story, and it was killing me to mutilate the head this way -- in fact it got both ear and hair amputations, and then ear and hair transplants (the latter, three times until I got a result I could live with). Of course, you are much more used to such drastic measures than I. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Yeah, Its only his face in the helmet, those ears would never fit, even in a NASA space suit helmet! I actually have a baggie full of 1/6 ears lol. The body you used in your thread (great work by the way) will be perfect for a future build I have planned, a Bane/Crossbones inspired figure, basically Crossbones on steroids similar to the recent aftermarket release Aidol3. I had to file down the magnets and have yet to attach the steel to the inside of the mask. My Lego ratcheted hinges arrived too.

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 SHpIi5d

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 Hm91GvB

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 Siar0AX

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 XivabYl

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 WNgahHd

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 Ng6vx4K

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 Su5WDKa

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 TqMw4Zu

Aidol3

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 S-l1600

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice job on that helmet, and the flip-up face plate.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yet more ingenuity, love it!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The face mask works! So awesome. Even if the actual head looks to be reduced to the visible parts of the face. But you wouldn't know if it wasn't for all the behind-the-scenes photos.
Glad you liked the superhero fire-man. I responded in more detail in that thread, but more specifically regarding the body, for that I used the TBLeague (formerly Phicen) M34 body. If you are doing a character on steroids and want something very bulky, you could also use the even slightly more massive M35 body.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice job on that helmet, and the flip-up face plate.

Rogerbee wrote:
Yet more ingenuity, love it!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan wrote:The face mask works! So awesome. Even if the actual head looks to be reduced to the visible parts of the face. But you wouldn't know if it wasn't for all the behind-the-scenes photos.
Glad you liked the superhero fire-man. I responded in more detail in that thread, but more specifically regarding the body, for that I used the TBLeague (formerly Phicen) M34 body. If you are doing a character on steroids and want something very bulky, you could also use the even slightly more massive M35 body.

Thanks guys! GF, yeah all the heads get cut down somewhat on IM related figures as the aesthetic requires the helmet to look head sized or it's a bit ugly on these designs, like an old 'bobble head' figure. I won't need to go Arnie sized with the Crossbones build but should probably go back to working on my Dwarves first anyway.

Done a days worth of sanding and tidying parts up then a basic primer/base colour spray so he looks more cohesive now. The joints are being a pain on one hip and the shoulders but that's just part of building customs, constantly chasing and fixing issues Wink Mad .

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 Ht28223

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 HoTtu5x

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 VwvwSNt

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 ZaVDHQP

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 JQYDwxd

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 PXaG1hE

I'll fill in those little gaps later:

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 ZxDKdpz

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 ZrnZ1k3

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 UsTthdL

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 3RwpnQU

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 F3KD79u

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 UtHbY4A

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Now I can see the figure's silhouette clearly, I can see the shoulders are all wrong which is making them stick out too much and the arms are too low giving him that gorilla look. I need to cut the pauldrons off and reattach them like regular IM figures, not sure how I missed that, got lost in all the grey I think! Embarassed Embarassed

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
As you say, all part of the build process. I had to correct so many things on my Jabba build, and Wookie many more, it’s not funny. It’s looking good regardless of the corrections that need to be made.

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It wasn't that far off -- I thought it would be perfectly fine for a robot but of course this is an armored suit with a human in it. But if anyone can fix it, it's you. Still a very impressive work already.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:As you say, all part of the build process. I had to correct so many things on my Jabba build, and Wookie many more, it’s not funny. It’s looking good regardless of the corrections that need to be made.

Did you make a real fur Wookie from scratch too? I did years ago, back then it was a good result, nowadays it would pass for a generic Wookie but not really Chewie so much who of course he is! Laughing

GubernatorFan wrote:It wasn't that far off -- I thought it would be perfectly fine for a robot but of course this is an armored suit with a human in it. But if anyone can fix it, it's you. Still a very impressive work already.

Next time feel free to gently point that out LOL, I know I can have a fiery artistic temperament to criticism as poor Roger knows (even if he did deserve to get his head bitten off a few times on 'The Vulture' build Twisted Evil ) but I appreciate it if it's something blatantly obvious that I've overlooked because I'm too close to the project and can't see the wood for all the trees! Wink .
Arm mods seem to be fairly straightforward, cut off shoulders (okay not that straight forward as it was like keyhole surgery with a jewellers saw, I went through 2 blades), carefully pry all the hot glue out, then hollow biceps out to fit hinged joint in after swapping biceps over (right for left etc..); next steps will be filing and more hot glue, hinges for shoulder pauldrons and covering joints with latex I made before.

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 PGvFToc

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 QYnrOyJ

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 W5LqrLW

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 Z4XJQGA

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 81Kb5o1

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 5qKbgwE

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 Z90RIca

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 JPlwAke

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 UjoLhn3

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 U1VRTe3

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 EjxCbrQ

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 NRKDb36

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 HMl0Uv0

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Actually it only occurred to me after you pointed it out. Seems to be on the mend.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Actually it only occurred to me after you pointed it out. Seems to be on the mend.

Oh right, yeah getting there...

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 BwKAd9U

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 Hr3IDS9

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 37ovfqu

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 RTbneYz

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 Gu8kJtc

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 P71z5Vo

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is indeed!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice mod on the shoulders. Looks good.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:It is indeed!

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice mod on the shoulders. Looks good.

Cheers! Shoulders done now with fully independent articulation and a repaint. Started on his booster packs as I guess WM is a lot heavier than most typical IM suits so he needs them as shown on the HT versions.

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 FZwa6mm

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 AvCSFFy

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 V3FZyRo

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 EhRFhip

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 OlLMc0k

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 QC9c50e

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 PkMJ5Yf

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 J6Jc9Hg

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 718UFcl

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 DqfJuGT

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 K1CQq1v

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 Xegdzie

HT WM MK1

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 ODPd4b7

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 KDVuDQL

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 Oewvbh6

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 E9h9QOA

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 PPEE16A

HT WM MK3

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 7NTiMHq

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 NsG8E7i

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 OWNo3oC

My booster parts:

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 EI6jWp6

Painted shoulders assembled:

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 KYPljnN

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 QcSsYKM

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 IsRmjw5

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 Oc0ChFN

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 KfiJY1p

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 GCljmMT

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Shoulders look great. Will the boosters have movable flaps, like the HT?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Shoulders look great. Will the boosters have movable flaps, like the HT?

Thanks!Like the HT WM MK1, yup they will be collapsible Wink the HT MK3 doesn't have moving flaps but it is die-cast and weighs a tonne! Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice. He looks pretty complete to me.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice. He looks pretty complete to me.

Well I've got all his weapons to sort out, that's 8 guns, ammo feed system, a missile launching pod, blades and I'm thinking of giving him a pair of retractable ground spikes on his legs for better purchase when fighting a larger enemy or just from the recoil of all his weapons! (think of the Artillery Drone I made and Whiplash in full armour from IM2). Then of course there's a lot of paint to do! Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Done the boot/foot armour articulation and added the booster vents, also started hinges for the flap covers on the calves. Attached the articulated flaps and booster vents on the back too, I needed to cut long trenches in the back to get the articulation to work.

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 GsVo7RB

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 OEVj8AC

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 UCvx1gi

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 QkAveZX

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 FKqHdiB

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 FkXWN3H

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 TaxC7Hf

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 YY65cew

Dual Punisher Builds, TV & War Machine Versions WIP. Sniper Rifle Case Made. 3RD Punisher Figure Started. - Page 4 76wpzd3

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s coming along real well. It’ll be cool to see the flaps working on the back once the trenches are in.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s coming along real well. It’ll be cool to see the flaps working on the back once the trenches are in.

Er... they are working Laughing check the pics again Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum