OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fantasy Inspiration

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

21Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Inspiration Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:24 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:Angus McBride didn't just illustrate Osprey books. He also did illustrations for ICE's Middle Earth Roleplaying books.

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 6c40b2d13cabaac2294467d742fdf8f7

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 1c76ed6584af2c8bc1334a9aa30ae918

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 29151b0206e1d2d60bf6712e173b32b4

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 McBrideHuntForRing

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Image18mcb

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Image8lotr

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Image15aorcs

I actually have all of those modules. Discovered Angus through the Osprey books, and was super excited when I found out he was doing these, as well.

22Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Inspiration Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:30 pm

shazzdan

Stryker2011 wrote:I actually have all of those modules. Discovered Angus through the Osprey books, and was super excited when I found out he was doing these, as well.

I've got all of them too. I've also got his "Characters of Middle Earth" and "Creatures of Middle Earth" with all his illustrations compiled in one book without all the clutter from the text and marketing.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

23Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Inspiration Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:17 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I can't compare across so many different talents and genres but I'll say this much: Angus McBride is my favorite Osprey illustrator.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

24Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Inspiration Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:28 am

blackpool

Pretty much every artist I love has been named already (illustrators at least)

My personal top list for fantasy drawings and visuals would be mainly the french team called the "humanoides associés" that developped "Metal Hurlant" in the 70's, a comics magazine about sci fi and fantasy (that became "heavy metal" in the US).

The team originally included my favorite artist ever Moebius (he went with his real name Jean Giraud mainly for his western comic "blueberry"), Philippe Druillet, and Enki Bilal. Those three guys are the base of my readings and inspiration.
Add to them Frank Frazetta, Juan Gimenez, Geof Darrow, Frank Miller, Mike Mignola, and you got my all time favorites!

In the more recent comics artists I love John Romita JR, Jim Lee, John Scott Campbell, joe Madureira, and Steve McNiven (among many others of course, but those names come first)

Some more examples...

DRUILLET

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 115997365_o

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 115997350_o

BILAL

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Mecanhumanimal2

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Enki-bilal-le-sommeil-du-monstre-2tv5

GIMENEZ

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 5498

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 DDUn_4HXUAASL7f

DARROW

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Wcnpzffkxmfhztdkdrtc

25Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Inspiration Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:36 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Freakin’ awesome choices, blackpool!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

26Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Inspiration Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:15 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Great stuff guys, especially those French comic persons. Cool to see Pre-Jackson Lord of the Rings artworks, as a person to young to have read the books before the movies set the style.

Shout-out to Zdzislaw Beksinski. Have never made a figure based on his works, but I might one day take inspiration from him for a potential Lovecraftian Space Horror project that is lurking in the dark, unspeakable corners of my head for some time now.

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Untitled-166.jpg!Large

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 92

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 95ef51f9ee1684ad43bdd6c4de4edc01

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Zdzis%C5%82aw-beksi%C5%84ski-untitled

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Zdzis%C5%82aw-beksi%C5%84ski-artwork-dark-scary-wasted-car-720P-wallpaper

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 S-2263low

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Polish-Painter-Zdzislaw-Beksinski-Painting-Lady-Gaga

27Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Inspiration Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:33 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great call on Beksinski -- he is one of those artists whose work I see regularly in the online spaces I frequent but imo is rather underrated!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

28Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Inspiration Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:52 pm

MerylAkiba

Jesus Helguera

Although both images are based on a classic fictional sad tale, He combined several different cultures and made both illustrations. It is mostly used as a classic template inspiration. You usually see this as a calendar at a carnicería or pan dulce shops. Nick Wolfe's friend in Zootopia had an inspired image of this on his van. I like the details of the muscles

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 0aea7210

Fantasy Inspiration - Page 2 Gesto-10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum