OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Henry V Medieval shield mod

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Henry V Medieval shield mod Empty Henry V Medieval shield mod Fri May 01, 2020 9:26 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Hi folks last week I received my Henry V figure I went for the version with the armour, .

So my question!
he comes with a sword, dagger, shield and a flag well the cast metal shield needs modifying. On the back is a metal grip and nothing else. In my opinion the back of the shield should have either straps or something to make this easier to hold.

Does any one have any thoughts?

2Henry V Medieval shield mod Empty Re: Henry V Medieval shield mod Fri May 01, 2020 10:00 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm not quite certain whether your question is about what would be historically accurate or what would be better for displaying your figure (if different). Anyway, here is what little I found on Henry V and his shield. I'm guessing what we see is the red pad intended to make the shield more comfortable, so the inside.

Henry V Medieval shield mod 6f93f01532f1d29f57d5ed47d25daad5

Henry V Medieval shield mod 4b72dd7a068d09cd6285b809f02a0575

https://myarmoury.com/feature_mow_henryv.html

3Henry V Medieval shield mod Empty Re: Henry V Medieval shield mod Fri May 01, 2020 10:54 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think what she she means is to make it easier for the figure to hold, not necessarily “real life”. I purchased a loose shield not that long ago (not sure which figure it came with, one of the Knights), and it has the same issue, S. Lazy design, imho. I’m probably going to use a Dremel and a cutting bit to take the handles off and glue some leather bits to the back for better, and easier to use, handles.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Henry V Medieval shield mod C8485110

4Henry V Medieval shield mod Empty Re: Henry V Medieval shield mod Fri May 01, 2020 11:56 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Thanks guys that's exactly what i meant Mark i kind of figure a shield like that would have had at least a handle or strap to hold and a strap to slip his arm through and a cushion to absorb some of the impact.

he's not a bad figure really limited in some of his mobility but hey oh and the joint inserts in his boots come out but a bit of tacky will fix that.

As for historically accurate more later

5Henry V Medieval shield mod Empty Re: Henry V Medieval shield mod Tue May 05, 2020 8:56 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Would like to see some pics when you have the chance, Delanie! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum