OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) Empty Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:37 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
After being inspired by all the recent outdoor photoshoots here, I decided to take a 'couple' of figures to Flat Rock Park. The weather in my area is bipolar enough that, during this time of year, it happened upon a day that was not too cold or too warm, and a rare opportunity to get some nature photos with natural lighting for the first time ever. This is also the introduction of a new character.

Sylvana lost her entire family when the apocalypse happened. Being a mere 5 year old alone in the wilderness, she too would have met her demise had it not been for her random discovery of an ancient alien artifact; it seemed to speak to her telepathically, giving her advanced survival tips and guiding her to food and shelter. Over time as she grew older, Sylvana became more independent and strong-willed, but also further estranged from her human upbringing, only coming to understand the alien language that guided her, and nature. Thus she developed more of a connection with the forest around her, learning to be a survivor, but also longing for something else she did not yet understand...until the fateful day came when she first experienced 'love at first sight.'

TREY: "Ahhh...it's a damn fine day to be outside enjoying nature - a DAMN FINE DAY!!!"
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210210
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210238

MEANWHILE, UP ABOVE...

Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210263
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210264
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210265Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210266
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210267
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210268
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210269

TREY: "Huh? Feels like something's bouncing on my hat...damn squirrels."

Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210270

TREY: "AGGHH!!!! How...how did some HUMAN girl sneak up on me like that?! These woodlands are MY territory..."

Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210271
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210272

TREY: "Uhmm...what are you doing? Normally most people in their right mind find me utterly terrifying and run away in fear, but you...you're not quite all there, either, are you?"

Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210248
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210262
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210250

TREY: "So...umm, do you come here often, or what? I mean I SUPPOSE I wouldn't mind sharing part of my people's land...I am trying to turn over a 'new leaf,' after all... Wait, do you even understand what I'm saying? Are you a MUTE?"

Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210273Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210274

TREY: "What's that you have there, some kind of doll? ...Actually, it looks strangely familiar, come to think of it."

Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) Faceap31
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210253
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210227

TREY: "You want me to have it? Like as a gift? Well, I never turn down free stuff..."

Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210275
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210276
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210283

TREY: "Wait...you gave me a gift, and now you're holding my hand - does this...does this mean you LIKE me? Like THAT?"

Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210278
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 16130010

And here are some extra photos of Sylviana in battle poses:

Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210279
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210280
Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210281Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 20210282

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting character, with a rather unique look. At first I thought she would be twelfth scale, but then it all became clear. I hope this is another of the same female head sculpt that you have modified in a different way, rather than destroying your previous character. At any rate that was a pretty cute introduction... Beauty (or is Muty?) and the Beast! Smile

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Sylvana is a very beautiful figure with a lively facial expression.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice figure and shots of the two of them. (I kept expecting a Janet Jackson faux pas moment with her top).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) C8485110

Diana

Diana
Awwwww... Very Happy

I really enjoyed that introduction! The dynamic between the two is adorable. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Haha, this had me laughing out loud, it's so cute! :''D

Sylvana's design is really neat, I like her silver hair. And somehow she and Trey make a perfect couple. Laughing I'm all about the monster love. I love you

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Illusion

Illusion
well, that is a somewhat odd love at first sight but I guess it is only natural given her past.
nice shots and again really cool figures
when she presented the gift I thought it would be a mask for her so she‘d look similar to him.

Your creations have a somewhat disturbing effect on me. Not in a negative way... more like when you are watching some horror movies for the thrill of it (well, I do not like that genre at all so it may not be the best comparison... Embarassed ) or going on a rollercoaster ride... their aesthetics feel so different to me from the more mainline fantasy/sci-fi figures... but it may be just me. (Also, I only know your recent „Agents of the Dreamstar“ thread so far.)

what is further confusing is the „harness“ (correct word?) over the guys snout. To me it implies he is not entirely free / self- determined...

„Muty and the beast“ had me laugh Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Illusion -- you can see more of AlkelAstra's previous threads here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/st/AlKelAstra91

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Illusion

Illusion
skywalkersaga wrote:Illusion -- you can see more of AlkelAstra's previous threads here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/st/AlKelAstra91

gosh Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) Smilie_sh_067
I suppose I‘d better no other plans for the next couple of weeks when I want to go through all of this forum‘s past stories required for today‘s Surprised
(still working on Gubernator Fan‘s Star Wars comics and slowly get going with Spooky‘s House of Seasons)

(but yeah, a search by author of a thread is a nice trick. Thanks for reminding me.)

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I like that they both have two different shoes/boots. Kinda fitting for a post-apocalyptic world.

Valiarde

Valiarde
This is a great sequence of unique characters and pictures. No need for words on those stories. It just makes you want to go to the next and next and next one seeing what happens.
For a second I was wondering if she showing him that mask/head thingy, that she is a killer char, celebrating valentines day a bit different. But everything went better than expected.

Very cool

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Illusion - glad to make you laugh!

Ovy

Ovy
Awww, so beautiful seeing Mr. Rautenberry finding his perfect match. I like how he is sitting on some tree's roots. Which are like, his roots. I get slightly Reverendspookyish Marrow vibes from her. Very cool addition to the Astraverse.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Very cool looking lady, I'm happy to see Trey found someone or rather he was found by someone to spend time with him.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Sylvana Meets Trey (Valentine's Special) 1f60e

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting character, with a rather unique look. At first I thought she would be twelfth scale, but then it all became clear. I hope this is another of the same female head sculpt that you have modified in a different way, rather than destroying your previous character. At any rate that was a pretty cute introduction... Beauty (or is Muty?) and the Beast! Smile

Thanks! And I was actually considering Beauty and the Beast as a sub-name for this thread, but that one is better, haha! I thought about using a different headsculpt and body for this character, but due to lack of extra funds making it difficult to do so, I resorted to breaking down and modding older ones. I ended up liking the 'runt'-like appearance of Sylv next to the giant Trey more than I thought I would.

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice figure and shots of the two of them. (I kept expecting a Janet Jackson faux pas moment with her top).

Hahaha!! I thought about that too, but didn't want to risk pushing the NSFW limits and decided to keep it more innocent. (even though I imagine Trey being a bit of a perv in the nature of Master Roshi from Dragonball)

Diana wrote:Awwwww... Very Happy

I really enjoyed that introduction! The dynamic between the two is adorable. Smile

Thank you!!! I never imagined I would ever put Trey's character in an adorable or romantic scenario, but here it happened. Laughing

skywalkersaga wrote:Haha, this had me laughing out loud, it's so cute! :''D

Sylvana's design is really neat, I like her silver hair. And somehow she and Trey make a perfect couple. Laughing I'm all about the monster love. I love you

Always a pleasure to get some laughs out of my work, and glad you approve of both Sylvana's design and her risky decision to fall for a wildcard like Trey - but maybe soon we'll see how much of a wildcard she is as well!!

Illusion wrote:well, that is a somewhat odd love at first sight but I guess it is only natural given her past.
nice shots and again really cool figures
when she presented the gift I thought it would be a mask for her so she‘d look similar to him.

Your creations have a somewhat disturbing effect on me. Not in a negative way... more like when you are watching some horror movies for the thrill of it (well, I do not like that genre at all so it may not be the best comparison... Embarassed ) or going on a rollercoaster ride... their aesthetics feel so different to me from the more mainline fantasy/sci-fi figures... but it may be just me. (Also, I only know your recent „Agents of the Dreamstar“ thread so far.)

what is further confusing is the „harness“ (correct word?) over the guys snout. To me it implies he is not entirely free / self- determined...

„Muty and the beast“ had me laugh Very Happy

I thought about the idea of having Sylvana use the alien head-doll as a mask (I even tried it out and should've gotten some shots!!) but then felt she might look too similar to Ovy's forest people (well, moreso than she kind of already does >_>).

It makes me feel like part of my goal was accomplished to hear you describe my work that way. I know my characters and universe have their share of 'tropes,' but when I know I was successful in deviating enough from the mainstream expectations, that is what I'm going for.

Also interesting you mention the harness and its possible metaphorical implications. It leads back to the whole psychological concept I was originally going for with my characters since the beginning - the idea of wearing masks or disguises as a way to cope, to hide or protect oneself like a security blanket. So in Trey's case, he is not free from himself or his dark past; he keeps the harness as a reminder to keep himself in check and restrained, lest he become a 'wild untamed beast' again. Oh and its imbued with his own shaman magic so that helps get the job done in a more literal way.

TravelGuide wrote:I like that they both have two different shoes/boots. Kinda fitting for a post-apocalyptic world.

It was actually a matter of running out of matching extra female footwear, but yeah I like the way that reasoning works out moreso.

Valiarde wrote:This is a great sequence of unique characters and pictures. No need for words on those stories. It just makes you want to go to the next and next and next one seeing what happens.
For a second I was wondering if she showing him that mask/head thingy, that she is a killer char, celebrating valentines day a bit different. But everything went better than expected.

Very cool

Thanks a lot, happy you enjoyed the shoot! And that is also a fun idea for the mask, I probably would've gone my usual darker route if it were Halloween time instead, haha.

Ovy wrote:Awww, so beautiful seeing Mr. Rautenberry finding his perfect match. I like how he is sitting on some tree's roots. Which are like, his roots. I get slightly Reverendspookyish Marrow vibes from her. Very cool addition to the Astraverse.

Yes! I knew Gheizt and Kaelani would naturally be a thing, so I wanted to do something different and unexpected for a Valentine's match. Shocked You remembered the roots reference to his backstory...I am honored after all this time, sir. lol I thought there might be a likeness to Rev's character in a way, especially since this is only Sylvana's early design and I plan to develop it a bit more in future shoots.

Oh and I totally dig the 'Astraverse' label - I swear your wit comes up with the best and most clever names. rabbit

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking figure! they both work so well in the outside pics!

Illusion

Illusion
AlKelAstra91 wrote:....

I thought about the idea of having Sylvana use the alien head-doll as a mask (I even tried it out and should've gotten some shots!!) but then felt she might look too similar to Ovy's forest people (well, moreso than she kind of already does >_>).

It makes me feel like part of my goal was accomplished to hear you describe my work that way. I know my characters and universe have their share of 'tropes,' but when I know I was successful in deviating enough from the mainstream expectations, that is what I'm going for.

Also interesting you mention the harness and its possible metaphorical implications. It leads back to the whole psychological concept I was originally going for with my characters since the beginning - the idea of wearing masks or disguises as a way to cope, to hide or protect oneself like a security blanket. So in Trey's case, he is not free from himself or his dark past; he keeps the harness as a reminder to keep himself in check and restrained, lest he become a 'wild untamed beast' again. Oh and its imbued with his own shaman magic so that helps get the job done in a more literal way.

well, consider me an ignorant, unbiased audience - so: success, I‘d say Very Happy

your stuff sounds really interesting... I will make sure to check out your past posts.

ZombieTestSubject

Very cute and surprisingly relatable. Nice way to honor Valentine's Day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum