OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vegetation: A work in progress.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vegetation: A work in progress. Empty Vegetation: A work in progress. Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:07 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Vegetation: A work in progress. 51065856853_f9ba24edde_bVegetation by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Dissatisfied with my large, supposedly modular attempt at creating a background water fall, I disposed of it and decided to go back to smaller background scenery that could be stored more easily and moved about o the diorama table with with greater ease. The object of course remains to create a jungle like background for K-Troop adventures into Dinosaur Valley. I was finally able to get to a dollar store yesterday amd I picked up about $40.00 in plastic vines and trees to create the vegation i needed and spent a good portion of last evening taking them apart, cutting them down, and gluing them into holes i drilled into two smaller pieces of foam and plaster rock I had created back in December. You can judge the results for yourself. The black background cloth is just a temporary placeholder for a sky blue seamless roll or a hard backdrop in the same color.

When ti comes to jungle, there is no such thing as too much vegetation.

Vegetation: A work in progress. 50997422695_25c6bcf204_bvegetation_2 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Vegetation: A work in progress. 51066783972_2a68f9305e_bVegetation_3 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Vegetation: A work in progress. 51066151813_fe10e2595f_bErika by Gary Menten, on Flickr

2Vegetation: A work in progress. Empty Re: Vegetation: A work in progress. Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:26 pm

davidd

davidd
I love it! Totally luuurrrvvv eeet!

This version replicates the vibrant colors and general mise en scène of BlondeActionMan's version of Dinosaur Valley, which I imagine is the point, if this setting is to be part of the ongoing Hidden in the Shadows story.

Looks like Kamiko is itching for some action!

And of course Erika is already there! She's probably been there since the mid-1930s... or at least, she sometimes believes she has.
Razz

I very much enjoy the bright, crisp, clear, and colorful photography style you've used for these images. It all just screams FUN! Let the adventures commence!

3Vegetation: A work in progress. Empty Re: Vegetation: A work in progress. Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:43 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:I love it! Totally luuurrrvvv eeet!

This version replicates the vibrant colors and general mise en scène of BlondeActionMan's version of Dinosaur Valley, which I imagine is the point, if this setting is to be part of the ongoing Hidden in the Shadows story.

Looks like Kamiko is itching for some action!

And of course Erika is already there! She's probably been there since the mid-1930s... or at least, she sometimes believes she has.
Razz

I very much enjoy the bright, crisp, clear, and colorful photography style you've used for these images. It all just screams FUN! Let the adventures commence!

In this case, lighting is achieved through the use of a single on camera flash bounced at full power into a white ceiling, 400 ISO, f.9.0

4Vegetation: A work in progress. Empty Re: Vegetation: A work in progress. Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:02 pm

davidd

davidd
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

In this case, lighting is achieved through the use of a single on camera flash bounced at full power into a white ceiling, 400 ISO, f.9.0

Off the ceiling - that explains the savannah-at-mid-day bright sunlight effect! I like it!

5Vegetation: A work in progress. Empty Re: Vegetation: A work in progress. Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:26 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
That turned out really nice.

Also reminds me of something.

6Vegetation: A work in progress. Empty Re: Vegetation: A work in progress. Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:34 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's looking good, TPB! Seems perfect for the subject matter! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7Vegetation: A work in progress. Empty Re: Vegetation: A work in progress. Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:48 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic work Gary! all the bright colours really bring it together.

8Vegetation: A work in progress. Empty Re: Vegetation: A work in progress. Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:28 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks pretty good. I like the foreground vegetation for a nice depth of field effect. And your “homemade” rock looks great, too.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Vegetation: A work in progress. C8485110

9Vegetation: A work in progress. Empty Re: Vegetation: A work in progress. Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:33 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Its size does not take away from the fact it's great, specially that rock texture.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Vegetation: A work in progress. 1f60e

10Vegetation: A work in progress. Empty Re: Vegetation: A work in progress. Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:16 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Theboo-bomb wrote:Its size does not take away from the fact it's great, specially that rock texture.

Thanks, Boo-Bomb. It's meant to allow me to Photo stories indoors at any time of year. Though nothing beats the look of well-done outdoor shots, it's a real pain bringing the figures other paraphernalia out on location.

11Vegetation: A work in progress. Empty Re: Vegetation: A work in progress. Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:48 am

Illusion

Illusion
I really like your girls and style and I am sorry I have not dropped any more feedback so far. But I haven‘t had time to really dig into your stuff and stories. At least I always enjoy the girl with the red bow when she comes up. Very Happy

also love the rock texture and greenery here!

12Vegetation: A work in progress. Empty Re: Vegetation: A work in progress. Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:14 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Illusion wrote:I really like your girls and style and I am sorry I have not dropped any more feedback so far. But I haven‘t had time to really dig into your stuff and stories. At least I always enjoy the girl with the red bow when she comes up. Very Happy

also love the rock texture and greenery here!

The girl with the red bow is Kamiko Takahara, and the central figure of my collection.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum