OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A springtime walk for Max and Juno

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty A springtime walk for Max and Juno Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:40 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I meant to post these ages ago (I took them back in May!) but procrastination is par for the course as far as I'm concerned, you all know this by now, lol
This post took a ridiculously long time to write as the formatting kept getting messed up and I wanted to hurl my laptop out of the nearest window. It's still not great but at this point as long as the images work I don't care, lol
------------

After months stuck in lockdown, Max and Juno took every opportunity they could to get out and enjoy the countryside.
May brought a welcome supply of sunshine, and with it, all the crisp scents and colours of spring.
They headed out towards the coast, stopping off at a National Trust for Scotland property which had beautiful gardens and woodland walks to enjoy.

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51164596392_5d81f3be62

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51166041979_53a1cf4a83

They'd visited right in the middle of bluebell season and almost every patch of ground beneath the trees was carpeted in a sea of blue and the fresh green shoots of new life.

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51166362430_228333d296

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51166361365_e4c01f5cf7

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51166040954_831b225fd7

Baxter disappeared off into the undergrowth, his eternal quest for squirrels and rabbits hampered somewhat by the conflicting scents of freshly blooming flowers and the rich loamy soil beneath.

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51165260971_1eec77302e

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51165259791_68ff3f9ac4

Aside from the woods, there were even a few interesting follies to explore...

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51166362345_a6c3dd4f7c

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51165498163_ebf7d6d7d3

...as well as the old walled garden and glasshouses which once provided food and cut flowers for the big house back in the day.

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51165498103_b77dc8ff89

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51165261236_a540749ef1

From the top of the hill they could see the river glistening in the sunshine as it joined the sea, and as ever, the inexorable pull of the ocean drew them towards it.

It wasn't much of a beach, more estuarine mudflats than coastal sands, and the view wasn't exactly thrilling, but the gulls were screeching and they could taste the salt-tang and seaweed on the air so that was good enough for them.

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51164597832_70ed0c1ed5

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51165261071_11a72f7b9a

Seeing as the weather was nice, they found a good picnic spot and rushed back to the car for some supplies.
They'd taken a packed lunch just in case, and for once, actually got the chance to enjoy it outside and not in the car, parked in a layby somewhere while the rain drummed out a pattern on the roof.

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51164598012_981d0695a5

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51166364285_19a553140e

While they ate, Baxter amused himself in the sand, digging and rolling and generally making a nuisance of himself.

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51164599432_0c2d678323

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51166365730_c8cf1aac0d

Max had just started her second wrap when a cold nose was shoved against her leg, along with a piece of driftwood.

Baxter had found himself a stick.

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51165263916_8ee784e21b

Max chuckled and begrudgingly got to her feet. 'You aren't going to leave me alone until I throw it, are you?'

The dog didn't reply, but his tail wagged even more vigorously than before. She sighed.

'Alright, give it here...you ready?'

As she raised the stick, Baxter's collie ancestry kicked in and he lowered himself to the ground, tail wagging furiously as he let out a few excited barks.

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51164599307_b7abb46c69

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51164599487_3c2f8c2590

'...alright, boy, go get it!'

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51166045204_bb0238f6a7

Sand and pebbles flew everywhere as he raced to catch his quarry, and before she knew it, Max was being presented with it once again. The cycle never ended!

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51166365645_418bce50ff

Ten minutes of fetch later, Baxter (and Max's arm) was well and truly worn out, and he flopped down on the picnic blanket and fell asleep.

Max did the same, leaning against Juno, who'd been watching them with amusement.

'Beach selfie before you fall asleep as well?'

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51164598047_0922aa734b

'Ooof - rude!'

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51165262541_2ebcee62c0

'You're lucky I love you'

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51166043829_6c99737372

And just because it's funny, here's one of the many photos you don't normally see - when it all goes wrong and your models refuse to cooperate!

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 51164600942_b8dc95e71e

The first pics were taken at the beautiful Geilston Gardens which are well worth a visit if you're ever in the area, especially in the spring as the bluebells are absolutely stunning! The beach ones were taken a few minutes down the river from Helensburgh.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQ1X6VA - if you fancy looking at some non doll photos of the place!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQ1X6VA - if you fancy looking at some non doll photos of the place!

2A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:20 pm

davidd

davidd
What a fantastic outing, with excellent photos! The scenes remind me very much of what "real people" would snap to post on Instagram! Marvelously and realistically posed, with a fun narrative to go along with the photos.

Looks like the weather was as good as it gets! Nice day for a leisurely adventure!

3A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:30 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully done, Christine. Gorgeous day, gorgeous setting, perfect for your characters. The posing is great, the detail spot on, the action and situations believable, the humor light. Reading at the beginning, I thought a plot ploy was going to keep Baxter away (or explain his absence), but I was thrilled to see him make an appearance. And that one stick stuck in the sand gives away some of your magic -- should have pointed out how it was to be thrown for Baxter when one of the girls lost her balance trying to yank it out. Smile

4A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:39 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
wonderful outdoor pics! I love the series of them playing fetch with the dog! That was inspired. Also. really clever use of perspective on the stairs shot. I hope we get to see more of this happy couple.

5A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:28 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Absolutely breathtaking photo series, poses, and scenery! The little story captions accompanying everything add to the charm. I'm super impressed by the way you dealt with the persepctive. Everything is so very realistic and convincing!! Feels like a real day out!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:11 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
BAMComix wrote:wonderful outdoor pics! I love the series of them playing fetch with the dog! That was inspired. Also. really clever use of perspective on the stairs shot. I hope we get to see more of this happy couple.

Yeah, that photo of the stairs is one of my favourites - I love using forced perspective! I took this one on holiday last year and the only editing I did was add a tiny bit of shadowing.

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 50596865152_0f4f684d51Max and Juno on holiday :3 by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

If you check out the photo story part of the forum you’ll find my previous ones as the modmin very kindly moved them there for me today! :3
I’ve got several I need to actually get round to writing as well!

7A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:39 pm

Chip

Very realistic story made from your photos , the dog is really cool .

8A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:08 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was wondering about those stairs and gate... now it makes sense. You are the mistress of forced perspective. Is the coffee photo another example of that? Smile

9A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:10 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Yes, that’s why I posted it, lol xD

10A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:21 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sweet. I thought the comment was about the photo on the stairs, my bad. Well, it too looks perfect.

11A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:14 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking outdoor photos and cool story!

12A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:06 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Lynkhart wrote:
BAMComix wrote:wonderful outdoor pics! I love the series of them playing fetch with the dog! That was inspired. Also. really clever use of perspective on the stairs shot. I hope we get to see more of this happy couple.

Yeah, that photo of the stairs is one of my favourites - I love using forced perspective! I took this one on holiday last year and the only editing I did was add a tiny bit of shadowing.

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 50596865152_0f4f684d51Max and Juno on holiday :3 by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

If you check out the photo story part of the forum you’ll find my previous ones as the modmin very kindly moved them there for me today! :3
I’ve got several I need to actually get round to writing as well!

Another great shot! I will track down the other stories as soon as I get a minute, thanks for the tip bounce .

13A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:15 am

Ovy

Ovy
Awesome, you placed the figures to look perfectly in scale. Next Gern Baxter and his fur can really show off in the natural sunlight. My favourite shot is the stick throw, is has so much dynamic movement in the characters limbs, hair etc.

14A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:00 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not sure how I missed this.

Let me start by saying: WOW! These shots are so cool, and so well done. And it was indeed awesome to see the upgraded Baxter in action. The forced perspective was awesome, the posing and overall storyline sweet and serene (despite Baxter’s need to play fetch). I like the additional Flickr photos, as well. Is that your parents in some of those shots? That looks like a really nice place to visit.

Magnificent stuff, Christine.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A springtime walk for Max and Juno C8485110

15A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:36 am

Illusion

Illusion
These pics are sooooo enjoyable! Thanks for making the effort to take and share them.
The perspective on the stairs is very impressive.
The two of them fit so nicely in their surrounding.

Is the dog a bit bigger than it used to be before?
Actually when he first appeared I had briefly thought it was your 1:1 dog to photo bomb the pic. Embarassed

such adorable pics when Max throws Baxter the stick…. and fantastic dynamic posing. I had been wondering how you did it (as I notoriously keep forgetting my stabilisation sticks when going outside - I expect my little folks to be good and do what I expect them to do. Unfortunately they rarely play along.)

16A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:21 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Wow ! Just Great. How could i missed this ? I rememberd one of Your Dog Threads, but this one is Amazing. Very clever made pictures. The 1:1 Background looks like 1:6. Wink
I love the Dog. All the poses looks very realistic. The stars are the figures, but in that Areal with that light it´s just beautyfull. Thanks for showing.

17A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:23 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Just like Stryker, Illusion and Valiarde I missed this earlier.

The pictures on the stairs and the beach are amazing! They look so in scale!

18A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:46 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Ahh thank you all! I love you Yeah, obviously they’ve been overfeeding him as his second version ended up considerably bigger than the first! 🙈😂 In my defence, I’m really not a dog person in real life, so I don’t exactly have anything to use as a handy reference! 😂

Unfortunately for Baxter, he’s currently in pieces, as his joints kept popping out recently to the point where I was really struggling to pose him and it was getting super frustrating, so at about 2am last night I started dismantling him and made a start on Baxter 3.0! 😂 I’m going on holiday on Saturday so I hope I can get him done by then so I can take him with me for photos, but we’ll just have to see. I’ve been doing something entirely different with his joints this time, which I think will be far more effective long term, but I fear he’s going to look exceptionally muscular now so I think I’ll have to double check M&J haven’t been feeding him protein powder instead of pedigree chum! 🤣

A springtime walk for Max and Juno 96b1fa10

19A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:54 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Poor Baxter. He looks good even as a detached head!

20A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:04 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
It’s his best feature tbh 😂
He’s getting a full body upgrade; new feet, new legs, the full works; and I just hope I’ve not ended up making him even taller than before and that my new joint system will stay together this time! 😂
I also can’t do any more sculpting as I literally used up the very last of my epoxy on his paws! 🙈

Ideally I’d love to get my hands on some of the metal armature kits they use in professional stopmotion animation, but even buying separately the parts are stupidly expensive. 😩

21A springtime walk for Max and Juno Empty Re: A springtime walk for Max and Juno Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:26 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
Beautiful landscape and awesome outdoor photos of your story 'characters'. Cool idea to show a fail photo at the end. I will keep that idea in mind for my own photos.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum