OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holiday Protest Purchases

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Holiday Protest Purchases Empty Holiday Protest Purchases Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:55 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I made a 1:6 Holiday Protest Purchase today.

No, a Holiday Protest Purchase isn’t actually a protest against the Holidays themselves.  It’s when you carefully manage your money all year long until the week before Christmas, and suddenly, your signifiant other is bleeding your account dry for Christmas this and Christmas that.

So you say “Bleep this.  If I’m going to be broke a week after payday, I’m going to have a little something of my own to show for it.

No, it’s not in the spirit of the season, and it’s not particularly nice, but it is what it is, and I am what I am. I can offer no defense for my actions.  Laughing

2Holiday Protest Purchases Empty Re: Holiday Protest Purchases Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:03 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
But what did you purchase?

3Holiday Protest Purchases Empty Re: Holiday Protest Purchases Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:04 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting concept. Feel like letting us in on what you purchased, or is it going to be a surprise? Smile And has it been detected by said significant other?

4Holiday Protest Purchases Empty Re: Holiday Protest Purchases Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:15 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Holiday Protest Purchases 79c75010

$142 USD from Mandarake (FANTASTIC price) + $51 shipping (@!$@!&) = $193 shipped (still a great price).

I already donated my $600 Holiday bonus to my wife’s Christmas fund on top of her sliding my debit card left and right, so if she did see it, I doubt she would give me any grief about it.  Honestly, she never really does, bless her heart.  It could probably be put to better use, but it’s still  discretionary money. I’ll just be able to tell her I’m broke and we’re done $200 earlier. Laughing

5Holiday Protest Purchases Empty Re: Holiday Protest Purchases Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:14 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not scandalously expensive in and of itself, although that shipping charge was still pretty hefty. But then again, it is a lot less than your holiday bonus.

6Holiday Protest Purchases Empty Re: Holiday Protest Purchases Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:48 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I hope you don’t get screwed on that one. With shipping that high, if you have to open a case before the time runs out, you won’t get the shipping back.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Holiday Protest Purchases C8485110

7Holiday Protest Purchases Empty Re: Holiday Protest Purchases Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:20 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’ve been buying from Mandarake for six years now and never had an issue (knock on wood).  It’s being shipped DHL, and I already received the shipping notification, so I should have it sometime next week.

There just aren’t many shipping options out of Japan these days, and these boxes are so damn big that $50 is pretty much the going rate.

8Holiday Protest Purchases Empty Re: Holiday Protest Purchases Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:34 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Xavion2004 wrote:It’s being shipped DHL
My experience with DHL is that it sucks. They tend to deliver packages at a random apartment in my apartmentbuilding and send an email to the recipient to collect it. My apartmentbuilding is large, once they delivered a shipment to me at an apartment several 100s of meters away, and in fact just left the package sitting on the pavement.

Another package, which fitted in my mailbox, was delivered at another apartment (in their mailbox). I got a mail that it was delivered elsewhere because I wasn't home (which I was and was not relevant anyway, since it fitted in my mailbox). When I went to retrieve it, the guy living in the apartment hadn't checked his mailbox yet, and at that time I wasn't sure if it fitted in my mailbox. So I filed a complaint at the seller (Amazon) of which I never heard anything. I did get my package though, after the guy checked his mailbox.

On another package that was going to be delivered a few days later, I intercepted the deliveryguy, who basically admitted that he couldn't find my apartment. Now it's true that GPS send you to the wrong part of the building, but every other shipper has been able to deliver it to me, or to apartments close to me.

A few days ago a different guy tried to deliver a package for an apartment a few 100 meters away at my place, which I refused to accept. They're totally incompetent.

9Holiday Protest Purchases Empty Re: Holiday Protest Purchases Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:24 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Windbreaker arrived yesterday.  What a great figure!   Here’s the original thread with some nice out of the box pics (not mine):

Windbreaker

She’s a nice departure from the usual 1/6 fare in that she’s fully dressed and her proportions aren’t as exaggerated as what we’ve become accustomed to.  There’s not much in the way of accessories, but the head sculpt is beautiful, and the quality of her clothing may be the best I’ve seen so far.  I get a steampunk vibe from her, so I may replace her modern assault rifle with some steampunk style weapons.

It’s funny. It was the seamless bodies that pulled me back into 1/6, but it seems to be the figures like this one and the VeryCool girls on the jointed bodies that I like the most, at least when it comes to boxed figures.  It’s like I prefer the seamless bodies in theory and the jointed bodies in practice.

Meanwhile, my better half is still bleeding my bank account dry, but she’s welcome to knock herself out now that I have my Windbreaker.  Razz

10Holiday Protest Purchases Empty Re: Holiday Protest Purchases Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:36 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's a very good purchase, I would just say Santa got it for you, with your own money of course. Holiday Protest Purchases 1f601

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Holiday Protest Purchases 1f60e

11Holiday Protest Purchases Empty Re: Holiday Protest Purchases Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:35 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm worried about the balance of your relationship, Xavion, but nice purchase and great to see you happy finding one of your must have sets.

12Holiday Protest Purchases Empty Re: Holiday Protest Purchases Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:56 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
As a present to myself, not to mention having some Sideshow Collectibles points to spend, i ordered..
(drumroll)

Leatherface
Sixth Scale Figure

Holiday Protest Purchases Leatherface_texas-chainsaw-massacre_gallery_611c5b48ca362

This figure has been receiving good reviews. I wanted to order something that was in stock.
As i type, the figure is on an airplane right now.

I am building a small 1/6 scale horror line. So far the line-up looks like:

Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men by Star Toys
Asami Yamazaki from Audition (1999) by Kitbash
Nurse Alex Price from An American Werewolf in London (1981) by Kitbash

On pre_order, i have:
Patrick Bateman from American Psycho (2000) by Iconiq Studios

Other characters i would like to add to the line up include:
Jason from Friday the 13th (1980)
Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Michael Myers from Halloween (1978)
Possibly some others? a Werewolf?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

13Holiday Protest Purchases Empty Re: Holiday Protest Purchases Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:01 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm worried about the balance of your relationship, Xavion, but nice purchase and great to see you happy finding one of your must have sets.

I think I’m giving the wrong impression. This was intended to be more of a Flintstones type of satire with me being Fred and my wife being Wilma. I loved the Flintstones as a kid, but was never able to truly appreciate the satire of married life until watching it as an adult.

14Holiday Protest Purchases Empty Re: Holiday Protest Purchases Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, as long as a good time is being had by all! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum