OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

BAD WOLF-787

Very Cool and great looking photos!

londonroadhog

csyeung wrote:Absolutely brilliant! Love the stage and love the pictures!

PS Is that the 10 cm long violin?

Thanks csyeung... Yes, the violin is 10cm in length.

londonroadhog

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very Cool and great looking photos!

Thank you BAD WOLF... (Is that a Doctor Who "Bad Wolf"?)

BAD WOLF-787

londonroadhog wrote:

Actually it is that where I got the inspiration from. LOL

londonroadhog

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:
londonroadhog wrote:

Actually it is that where I got the inspiration from. LOL

Cool. I did wonder.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, what an awesome build!  Completely in love with this stage.  Is it actually metal, soldered/welded?  Would love any insight into the build process.  

And all of the concert shots look fantastic.  Between the photoshopped in Faithless Angels and all the rest shot on the stage, just floored by the whole thread.  Such a cool project.

londonroadhog wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent work, both in creating the amazing environment and setting up and shooting and presenting the scenes. Feels so real. As for the bands, my favorites were your Quartet (although it seemed to me like the guitar player was holding her instrument a little awkwardly -- maybe cross the legs the other way or turn the guitar the other way? But then what do I actually know of holding guitars, being remarkably unmusical myself?) and Dal's Faithless Angels.

Thanks, GubernatorFan. The build of the stage took much longer than I had anticipated. But that is often the way, eh? Hmm. Maybe crossing her legs the other way might work. But then she and the violinist would be crossed the same way. Nothing wrong with that, just wanted a little variety. I do think, perhaps the guitar is a little high up the way she is sitting. I am not a guitarist either, I am a keyboardist, but that doesn't help with holding a guitar. LOL.

I feel like I've seen actual guitarists holding guitars in ways that look even more awkward.  People really do play so totally different.  Hell, the one guitarist from Larkin Poe playin a style like no one I've ever seen:

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 Larkin-poe-by-amy-harris-03

londonroadhog

ReverendSpooky wrote:Man, what an awesome build!  Completely in love with this stage.  Is it actually metal, soldered/welded?  Would love any insight into the build process.  

And all of the concert shots look fantastic.  Between the photoshopped in Faithless Angels and all the rest shot on the stage, just floored by the whole thread.  Such a cool project.

Wow! I am truly honoured that the master of 1/6 dioramas feels this is an awesome build. Thank you.

Urm, will knowing the detail of some of the build lessen the effect? Hope not. But here goes anyway. Nope, not metal, nor soldered, etc. It was all done from wooden doweling rods. Plus a ton of hot glue.

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1493

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1499

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1503

I should have glued it all before any painting, as glueing over paint, lessened the strength of the adherence of the glue.

Then, added Christmas USB remote controlled fairy lights with lots of tiny cable ties...

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1507

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1511

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1512

Next was to raise the stage floor a bit, so the riser would appear flush to the floor. Also, add the back wall.

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1527

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1533

After that, it was a case of adding all the additional little bits, like the Lume Cube lights (as the main flood and spotlights), the small party laser lights, EL Wire for the safety light strips, etc, etc.

Also, use a small smoke machine for the smoke effects.

With most things in place and testing the laser, this is how it looked - sorry for the phone pic.

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1625

I didn't really take a lot of progress pictures, but hopefully this gives you enough of an idea on how it was mostly built.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Even for a magician who has given away his tricks, your build is still most impressive. It took a lot of thought, effort, patience, and inventiveness. And the result is just as stunning now as it was before we knew how.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
londonroadhog wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Man, what an awesome build!  Completely in love with this stage.  Is it actually metal, soldered/welded?  Would love any insight into the build process.  

Wow! I am truly honoured that the master of 1/6 dioramas feels this is an awesome build. Thank you.

Urm, will knowing the detail of some of the build lessen the effect? Hope not. But here goes anyway. Nope, not metal, nor soldered, etc. It was all done from wooden doweling rods. Plus a ton of hot glue.

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1493

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1499

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1503

I should have glued it all before any painting, as glueing over paint, lessened the strength of the adherence of the glue.

Then, added Christmas USB remote controlled fairy lights with lots of tiny cable ties...

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1507

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1511

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1512

Next was to raise the stage floor a bit, so the riser would appear flush to the floor. Also, add the back wall.

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1527

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1533

After that, it was a case of adding all the additional little bits, like the Lume Cube lights (as the main flood and spotlights), the small party laser lights, EL Wire for the safety light strips, etc, etc.

Also, use a small smoke machine for the smoke effects.

With most things in place and testing the laser, this is how it looked - sorry for the phone pic.

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 IMG-1625

I didn't really take a lot of progress pictures, but hopefully this gives you enough of an idea on how it was mostly built.

First off, you are too kind man! Had no idea you'd even seen my work. That means a ton to hear.

And if anything, I am way more impressed knowing a bit about the build, and seeing these work in progress pics. I'm floored you got such a great look with the wooden rods. I NEVER would have guessed they weren't metal in the photos. The working riser is one of the coolest things I've seen in a build, and am so freakin psyched after seeing it. The tiny ties look great in scale, and feel completely realistic on a stage. And the laser and fog effects are so awesome!!!! Do you mind me asking where the laser is from?

I got some great 1/6 amps a while back, so I've been wanting to enlarge my stage and reshoot my 1/6 band Ghost on the Radio. I can't imagine taking on the challenge of the scaffolding like you did (man, I can tell it was a ton of work) but you definitely have me wanting to play around and experiment more with concert lighting.

londonroadhog

GubernatorFan wrote:Even for a magician who has given away his tricks, your build is still most impressive. It took a lot of thought, effort, patience, and inventiveness. And the result is just as stunning now as it was before we knew how.

Thanks. Appreciate the comments.

londonroadhog

ReverendSpooky wrote:

First off, you are too kind man!  Had no idea you'd even seen my work.  That means a ton to hear.

And if anything, I am way more impressed knowing a bit about the build, and seeing these work in progress pics.  I'm floored you got such a great look with the wooden rods.  I NEVER would have guessed they weren't metal in the photos.  The working riser is one of the coolest things I've seen in a build, and am so freakin psyched after seeing it.  The tiny ties look great in scale, and feel completely realistic on a stage.  And the laser and fog effects are so awesome!!!!  Do you mind me asking where the laser is from?  

I got some great 1/6 amps a while back, so I've been wanting to enlarge my stage and reshoot my 1/6 band Ghost on the Radio. I can't imagine taking on the challenge of the scaffolding like you did (man, I can tell it was a ton of work) but you definitely have me wanting to play around and experiment more with concert lighting.

Well, I have hung around Dal (BlondeActionMan) and Dave (SCU_HQ) enough that you are mentioned frequently. So, yes, I've seen your work from their recommendations.

I must admit, I was very pleased with how the scaffolding came out, just from wooden dowels. The riser is from Chemistry days, where you would need to raise up a beaker or something similar. It was around 8 inches on the platform, I just added a board to make it 12 x 12 inches.

The laser was from Amazon. I wasn't sure it would work, as it was advertised as party lights for a room, but I was hoping if it wasn't so high up, it might light the stage. Fortunately, it worked a treat.  Here's the link for it from UK amazon (Laser Lights Link).

The smoke machine is called a MicroFogger. I've seen it used on other 1/6 diorama videos, so just had to get one. Ended up finding an older version on ebay for really cheap, so I ended up with two of them.

I was going to buy those 1/6 amps. But they were really expensive in my mind. I did get some real micro amps, that are about the same size, but really quite cheap, especially if you go for the ones that no longer work. They do have the socket on the sides, but if a few of them are placed size by size, no one will know. Something like these (Marshall Micro Amp)

I've now taken down the stage. Haven't put it all away yet. But need to soon, so I can get on with some of my other storylines (Spy Camp, Photo Studio, Red Sonja and the Slave) as well as some other stories I have germinating in that warped brain of mine.

I am pleased to hear I've spurred on some enthusiasm for you to play and experiment with concert lighting.

In case you are interested, all of my 1/6 and 1/12 scale photography can be found here : Phicen Photos

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
londonroadhog wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:

First off, you are too kind man!  Had no idea you'd even seen my work.  That means a ton to hear.

And if anything, I am way more impressed knowing a bit about the build, and seeing these work in progress pics.  I'm floored you got such a great look with the wooden rods.  I NEVER would have guessed they weren't metal in the photos.  The working riser is one of the coolest things I've seen in a build, and am so freakin psyched after seeing it.  The tiny ties look great in scale, and feel completely realistic on a stage.  And the laser and fog effects are so awesome!!!!  Do you mind me asking where the laser is from?  

Well, I have hung around Dal (BlondeActionMan) and Dave (SCU_HQ) enough that you are mentioned frequently. So, yes, I've seen your work from their recommendations.

I must admit, I was very pleased with how the scaffolding came out, just from wooden dowels. The riser is from Chemistry days, where you would need to raise up a beaker or something similar. It was around 8 inches on the platform, I just added a board to make it 12 x 12 inches.

The laser was from Amazon. I wasn't sure it would work, as it was advertised as party lights for a room, but I was hoping if it wasn't so high up, it might light the stage. Fortunately, it worked a treat.  Here's the link for it from UK amazon (Laser Lights Link).

The smoke machine is called a MicroFogger. I've seen it used on other 1/6 diorama videos, so just had to get one. Ended up finding an older version on ebay for really cheap, so I ended up with two of them.

I was going to buy those 1/6 amps. But they were really expensive in my mind. I did get some real micro amps, that are about the same size, but really quite cheap, especially if you go for the ones that no longer work. They do have the socket on the sides, but if a few of them are placed size by size, no one will know. Something like these (Marshall Micro Amp)

I've now taken down the stage. Haven't put it all away yet. But need to soon, so I can get on with some of my other storylines (Spy Camp, Photo Studio, Red Sonja and the Slave) as well as some other stories I have germinating in that warped brain of mine.

I am pleased to hear I've spurred on some enthusiasm for you to play and experiment with concert lighting.

In case you are interested, all of my 1/6 and 1/12 scale photography can be found here : Phicen Photos

Oh man, Dal and Dave are just too good to me. Can't say that enough.

Thanks so much for the links, and sharing your tricks! My mind is buzzing at the idea of lazers and fog machines. You've got me completely fired up to do another concert shoot now.

That Marshall Micro Amp really is cool! The 1/6 ones are totally pricey, but I couldn't resist the temptation. And they look incredible in person. One more reason I need to do another shoot.

And I so get the need to break down and switch sets. I need to do another shoot in my 1/6 alleyway before I break it down and use some of the walls elsewhere. Modular is always key!

And took a look at the site, and you have some great work on there! Will have to take a deeper dive when I have more time. And look forward to seeing future project on here as well!

londonroadhog

ReverendSpooky wrote:

Oh man, Dal and Dave are just too good to me.  Can't say that enough.

Thanks so much for the links, and sharing your tricks!  My mind is buzzing at the idea of lazers and fog machines.  You've got me completely fired up to do another concert shoot now.  

That Marshall Micro Amp really is cool!  The 1/6 ones are totally pricey, but I couldn't resist the temptation.  And they look incredible in person. One more reason I need to do another shoot.

And I so get the need to break down and switch sets.  I need to do another shoot in my 1/6 alleyway before I break it down and use some of the walls elsewhere.  Modular is always key!

And took a look at the site, and you have some great work on there!  Will have to take a deeper dive when I have more time.  And look forward to seeing future project on here as well!

You are very welcome. I will always share if I am able. I'd rather further the hobby to others rather than keep secrets. I am the same with Photography.

I'd normally post on my site and Flickr for certain. Forums are sometimes hit and miss for me. Especially when there might be some more, shall we say, risqué images.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Absolute amazing ! I love all the bands. The classic Girls are wonderfull, the violinist  made some lindsay Stirling moves  Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 1f60d

my deepest respect for to spend so much time to give others a " Wow " affraid

ElBundy

ElBundy
Wow, wow, and wow! These pics are absolutely top-notch. I also have some unboxed  1/6 scale guitars, drums, and amplifiers. But how should I even try - in the face of this perfection?
The next step of realism would be some filmed scenes with audio tracks. And your artists deserve some audience in front of the phenomenal stage.

londonroadhog

Ephiane wrote:Absolute amazing ! I love all the bands. The classic Girls are wonderfull, the violinist  made some lindsay Stirling moves  Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 1f60d

my deepest respect for to spend so much time to give others a " Wow " affraid

Thank you Ephiane. Actually, the violinist’s moves were based on Anna Phoebe who I saw playing for Trans-Siberian Orchestra some time ago. Having now searched on Lindsay Stirling, I can see what you mean.

londonroadhog

ElBundy wrote:Wow, wow, and wow! These pics are absolutely top-notch. I also have some unboxed  1/6 scale guitars, drums, and amplifiers. But how should I even try - in the face of this perfection?
The next step of realism would be some filmed scenes with audio tracks. And your artists deserve some audience in front of the phenomenal stage.

Thanks ElBundy. I still wouldn’t call my stage perfection… There are things I have changed as I went along. Plus there are still some things I would do differently if I did it again. As for audience, I was going to have some heads and raised arms positioned, implying that was all you’d see of the audience. But I had no table space left. I did think about Photoshopping some heads into some of the images, but honestly, when it came down to it, I just didn’t feel like doing it. There comes a point, when you feel, “enough”. I got to that point. LOL Thanks for you kind comments. I guess I could put some of the images as a slide show to audio. However, after having run a video event production company, my videography hobby is now non-existent. I’ve completely lost interest in video after that.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
londonroadhog wrote:I still wouldn’t call my stage perfection… There are things I have changed as I went along. Plus there are still some things I would do differently if I did it again. As for audience, I was going to have some heads and raised arms positioned, implying that was all you’d see of the audience. But I had no table space left. I did think about Photoshopping some heads into some of the images, but honestly, when it came down to it, I just didn’t feel like doing it. There comes a point, when you feel, “enough”. I got to that point. LOL Thanks for you kind comments. I guess I could put some of the images as a slide show to audio. However, after having run a video event production company, my videography hobby is now non-existent. I’ve completely lost interest in video after that.
Interesting. It does look quite perfect, but I know that when we make something, we are always acutely aware of any little thing we wish were different or better -- usually more so than others that look at it. Overdoing something can get you disinterested in it, so I guess that explains how you feel about videography. Besides, making videos with figures would likely be an annoyingly slow experience compared to real-life videos. Smile As for the audience, if you are focused on the performers onstage, the audience is likely to be naturally out of focus, which might lend itself to photoshopping. Maybe. Smile

londonroadhog

GubernatorFan wrote:
Interesting. It does look quite perfect, but I know that when we make something, we are always acutely aware of any little thing we wish were different or better -- usually more so than others that look at it. Overdoing something can get you disinterested in it, so I guess that explains how you feel about videography. Besides, making videos with figures would likely be an annoyingly slow experience compared to real-life videos. Smile As for the audience, if you are focused on the performers onstage, the audience is likely to be naturally out of focus, which might lend itself to photoshopping. Maybe. Smile

You are right. No matter how much we work on something, we will always see our faults. Anyone else isn't likely to see things with that much detail, in general. I know there are people on here who really have an eye for details when they look at dioramas.

Just for a little bit of fun... Here's an edited image with an audience...

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 Warrior-Concert-1-153-Edit

I suppose I could have blurred the audience a bit. But it is enough to give a general idea.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I see what you mean. Blurring would help, maybe darkening the image. Wondering if the scaling quite works in terms of perspective.

londonroadhog

GubernatorFan wrote:I see what you mean. Blurring would help, maybe darkening the image. Wondering if the scaling quite works in terms of perspective.

LOL.. Yeah, all of those perhaps. It was just a very quick edit. Maybe later on, I’ll have another play with it. Or find a different audience. One where they are a bit bigger. I enlarged them as much as I dared. We’ll see later on.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The point is, I suppose, that the technique is promising for your presentation, as demonstrated by this test. But keeping the audience part of the image darker and maybe blurrier would definitely help down the line.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Seeing the "behind the scenes" photos, I'm even more impressed. Holy cow -- wooden dowels?!! That IS amazing to say the least. I was right there with Adam, and never would have thought it was anything less than actual metal for the scaffolding.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Wow, that's amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a 1/6 - 1/12 scale stage. I like your ingenuity in making those beams, I would have never thought they where wooden dowels they look very metallic.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Concert Stage - Originally 1/6, but also 1/12 scales. (very photo heavy) - Page 2 1f60e

londonroadhog

Theboo-bomb wrote:Wow, that's amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a 1/6 - 1/12 scale stage. I like your ingenuity in making those beams, I would have never thought they where wooden dowels they look very metallic.

That's kind of why I did a stage like this. I've seen plenty of bar stages, but nothing along with a concert style. So, that's where I just had to go. LOL.

Thank you. I guess I got very lucky with the paint. Metallic silver came out just right.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Your look behind the curtain is very impressive!

londonroadhog

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Your look behind the curtain is very impressive!

Thank you Bad Wolf.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hey Roadhog and Bands.
Sometimes i try to work with this. I still have absolute no skills with it.  Rolling Eyes  It´s a for free version called crazy talk. Maybe You like to let your Ladys sing and have fun with this ?

https://youtu.be/jViWpXgj7Iw

londonroadhog

Ephiane wrote:Hey Roadhog and Bands.
Sometimes i try to work with this. I still have absolute no skills with it.  Rolling Eyes  It´s a for free version called crazy talk. Maybe You like to let your Ladys sing and have fun with this ?

https://youtu.be/jViWpXgj7Iw

Ha ha... To me, that just looks too scary!!! Might be good for Halloween though. I've seen another one on Facebook where they are singing but also moving around a bit. That makes me a little uneasy too. LOL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum