OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Valiardes Photography Thread

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 18]

226Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:20 pm

Valiarde

Some more "promo" shots against a dark backdrop from my Scorpion figure. This one is a great figure and I still like putting it out of the box.

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Y2ywzfuh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 76S82KVh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 QnI7TC7h

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 NqI4vRGh

227Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:50 pm

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Very cool images. The lighting and dark background make for a nice effect.

228Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:12 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I agree, very dramatic, moody yet sufficiently revealing. Perfect balance.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

229Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:26 am

BAMComix

Excelent, the dark images really show off the detailing beautifully!

230Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:50 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks all. I know, "portraiture" shots are not always exciting to comment on, with not much going on there. All the more I appreciate your time to comment. 
I will try to do more action and outdoor shots for a change Smile

The black light effects of the eyes are interesting, but if you wanna display this char you need a big UV light installed to make it permanent. I'm unsure what to think of features like that. They are cool to work with though.

231Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:37 am

teamweapon

nice set of pics!!! nice & moody.
POP have really upped their game this last 18 months i think.
beaut of a figure Smile

232Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:44 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I can only add to the praise, really beautifully photographed!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

233Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:50 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Simple but effective.
Is it the Representative from hell figure?

234Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:20 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Visisonor wrote:Simple but effective.
Is it the Representative from hell figure?

Yeah that is the figure.

235Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:09 am

Diana

Diana
Ooph. Beautifully shot and posed and lit. Gorgeous figure.

236Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:01 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Ditto, fantastic shots and the armour detailing looks great. I like these uv reactive eyes, do they look better in real life? Maybe there is a little UV spot-light option to use, although a bit of a hassle for displaying....

237Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:06 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks all.

Yesterday I did a shot where the idea came from another foto challenge. My wizard casting a detain spell

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 5QqFIFNh

here is another version with some special magical effects with my little LED panel

Not sure that effect is needed though cyclops

238Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:47 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very cool! That's such creative posing! And I like both versions, the lighting in the non-edited one is really beautiful, but the edited highlights the fantasy vibe.

239Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:27 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great shot!

240Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:19 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s pretty cool. I actually prefer the first shot without the LED effect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 1f10

241Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:59 pm

davidd

davidd
I like the realistic drape of the fabric in the wizard's robes.

That stone block wall is superb!

Okay... if nobody else is gonna ask, I'll be the one to "break the spell": how'd you get her to stick to the wall like that? I can think of a few possibilities that I'd have to try out to see if they'd work.

242Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent staging, posing, photographing, everything... Like others, I also love the non-special-effect photo, although that one is great too. Having painstakingly made all those diorama pieces pays off. Beautiful on their own, they work so well with your figures in every scene.

243Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:53 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks all. I also kinda prefer the non LED version personally.

davidd wrote:I like the realistic drape of the fabric in the wizard's robes.

That stone block wall is superb!

Okay... if nobody else is gonna ask, I'll be the one to "break the spell": how'd you get her to stick to the wall like that? I can think of a few possibilities that I'd have to try out to see if they'd work.

I did use a chord and...well why not just show a pic:  Smile

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 20230811

244Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And I thought you used super strong magnets! But the cord magically disappeared. Your magic is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

245Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:14 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Valiarde wrote:My wizard casting a detain spell
Nice.
I guess from her point of view it looks like he is cheating (as can often seem where magic is involved).

246Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:57 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha, nice one! I used a string to hang the 'floating space-pear' in some of my Anakin and Padme pics. I barely had to photoshop it out, I just got lucky that it blended so well with the background.

Btw, which headsculpt is that? And did you repaint it?

247Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:47 pm

davidd

davidd
Thank you for sharing the clever behind-the-scenes tip!

Your solution to achieving this effect was even simpler than I expected! Very well done! Nice bit of touch-up to seamlessly remove the cords.

248Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:38 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s cool to see the behind the scenes shot. I wish I had that skill with Photoshop.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 1f10

249Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:45 am

Diana

Diana
Awesome photos! I prefer the one without the LED, because it works just perfectly and the LED is a little distracting to me. My eye jumps around the picture trying to figure out what's going on.

Neat trick! Very Happy

250Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:39 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thank you all. I'm always a fan of behind the scenes too Smile

skywalkersaga wrote:Ha, nice one! I used a string to hang the 'floating space-pear' in some of my Anakin and Padme pics. I barely had to photoshop it out, I just got lucky that it blended so well with the background.

Btw, which headsculpt is that? And did you repaint it?

Yeah I once used nylon threads which are basically invisible for some "flying" objects. But couldn'T find them anymore. Always good if you don't need much photoshop work.

Oh the head was an unpainted Gal Gadot head and the hair is from another cheap doll head. It looks ok from afar but isn't a good paint job when looking closely. Just like to use different heads on some figures all the time Razz

251Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:35 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:

Oh the head was an unpainted Gal Gadot head and the hair is from another cheap doll head. It looks ok from afar but isn't a good paint job when looking closely. Just like to use different heads on some figures all the time Razz

Ah , thanks for confirming. I thought it looked like Gal Gadot, but did not recognise the paintjob or hair. I think it's great that you are willing to paint heads from scratch like that. You , GF, and Ovy are all brave pioneers willing to experiment, I ofen wish I was more willing to take those kinds of chances... :3

252Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:33 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Superb spell action shot, I would never have guessed it was Gal, so you folks have very finely tuned recognition skills. Great to see the behind-the-scenes technical aspects; I thought it was a clever angle pose at first! I like all the details here, so well done.

253Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:10 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Some pics from my vacation in northern italy last week. I just had a figure and a smartphone with me. Visiting a monastery.

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 1lvppnbh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 XemN9Fqh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 GJ20BaIh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 T5kLyhih

254Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:01 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This looks excellent. I don't recall this character. DiD head? The photos manage to retain the illusion of correct scale (even assuming a huge column and base), which is very impressive, and are beautiful to boot. The Germans did visit northern Italy a whole lot in the Middle Ages under arms, so appropriate, too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum