OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Valiardes Photography Thread

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 18]

201Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:08 am

skywalkersaga

More gorgeous photos! That looks so impressive.

202Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:42 am

blackpool

Wow that's one impressive armor! Gorgeous photography to show all the details while keeping a very moody light!

203Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:54 am

BAMComix

That Knight is seriously cool!

204Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:04 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Oh yes, that looks like an excellent suit of armor. And, of course, you have done an excellent job with these atmospheric, yet informative photos.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

205Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:57 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful, you capture the real metal effects so well with your lighting! Right pauldron is misplaced a bit, but you know that.

And like always when seeing those perfect armored knights, they make me question some life choices and energy spent making self made armor. Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 1f602

206Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:43 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Beautifully captured armor, Alex. Nice acquisition.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 1f10

207Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:56 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Frodo in the wild! Great shots and beautiful forest. The knight looks very cool too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 1f60e

208Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:00 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
All excellent images. Good control of light and scale discrepancies well-managed in the outdoor photos.

209Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:46 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks all. Received my Geralt yesterday. Tried to make a "movie shot" while watching the second season right now. I hope we get more chars from the series.

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 V7gT4rl

210Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Thanks all. Received my Geralt yesterday. Tried to make a "movie shot" while watching the second season right now. I hope we get more chars from the series.
Beautiful photo of a great figure. Glad you got yours. Hope you like it. Mine is on the way.

211Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:55 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:
Valiarde wrote:Thanks all. Received my Geralt yesterday. Tried to make a "movie shot" while watching the second season right now. I hope we get more chars from the series.
Beautiful photo of a great figure. Glad you got yours. Hope you like it. Mine is on the way.

You can see it is a sub $200 figure when you have it in hand. I think it looks very good, but isn't the best quality figure. But overall I'm glad I ordered it. Hope you like yours. Did you play the game, watch the show or just ordered the figure because it looks cool? Smile

Edit: Added another shot

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 VuCnsdph

212Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:01 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:You can see it is a sub $200 figure when you have it in hand. I think it looks very good, but isn't the best quality figure. But overall I'm glad I ordered it. Hope you like yours. Did you play the game, watch the show or just ordered the figure because it looks cool? Smile
Thanks for the notes. I look forward to it. Just ordered it for looking cool and medieval-ish. And I do like Henry Cavill in most things.
Edit: I like the additional shot a lot, too.

213Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:32 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
NIce looking figure, and really nicely photographed!

214Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:31 am

Diana

Diana
The figure and photos look great! Very cinematic indeed. I briefly got tempted by this figure yesterday actually, but *sigh*... I've been buying too much. Laughing

215Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:16 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Great photos of Geralt. Mine is one the way, as well.

I read the books, and I watched the first season, but I wouldn’t buy any further figures based on the show (Henry was the only one cast correctly, and the show really didn’t do the books, or the character, justice — I completely understand why Henry left).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

216Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:42 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Great photos of Geralt. Mine is one the way, as well.

I read the books, and I watched the first season, but I wouldn’t buy any further figures based on the show (Henry was the only one cast correctly, and the show really didn’t do the books, or the character,  justice — I completely understand why Henry left).
Hope you like yours too, when it arrives. And that Henry gets to shine in something else, too. And that he gets created Duke of Suffolk just for the great job he did in that role on The Tudors! Smile

217Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:08 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Great lighting and photos, and backdrop of course! It’s good to see the figure seems to look as good as the promo pictures? I think I will have to wait a while for mine, as the store I ordered from seems to get figures quite a lot later.... I’m waiting for the second part of Season 3 to drop any day after enjoying watching 1 and 2 again. I also started reading the books but will have to stop while watching, as it gets too distracting with noticing what they changed. Can understand why Cavill got annoyed, although he makes such a good Geralt it’s a huge shame he’s finished up. Anyway, great that this figure is finally released after a long wait!

218Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:45 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Time for some more Lord of the Rings.

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 XeAMCU1h

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 JrgdnXgh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 M0qQ9DPh

Gandalf the Grey - his eyes are not easy to lit up especially with his hat. Asmus didn't really succeed with those deep lying eyes. Otherwise a great figure imo

219Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:57 pm

davidd

davidd
Seeing the pics before reading your caption, I was going to comment on how effectively you illuminated the deep-set eyes in the second and third photos, and how good the eyes look with proper lighting.

The drape of the cloak is very nice, looking appropriately in scale.

The detail of the belts looks fantastic and believably full-scale!

220Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:01 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with Dave. Beautifully photographed. If I recall, they are fairly deep set in real life, Simon, I don't think we can fault Asmus much. I have the figure (unless this is an even newer version), and have yet to get any cool photos out of it, but this will serve as inspiration. You certainly succeeded.

221Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:50 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow those are gorgeous photos, Valiarde! Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 1f60d

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

222Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:19 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stunning looking figure!

223Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:41 am

Diana

Diana
He looks fantastic! I did notice the eyes. Minor thing. The figure and photos look great!

224Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:20 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice pics. Really like that first one. The eyes are the one unfortunate thing about the figure. It was, I believe, their first attempt at movable eyes, and they turned out too deep. I’ve seen folks do mods on the Gollum/Sméagol figures as they have movable eyes as well. There’s a plate inside the head for the movable eyes, and somehow folks are removing them and still have the rolling eyeballs. I wonder if the Gandalf head has the same inner plate on the sculpt (I haven’t messed with mine yet to even know).

225Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:04 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks all. Yeah maybe one could mod the eyes a bit. I also read about modding the clothes by soaking them in water so they fall even better into place.

I am torn on the head. On one hand it is a real upgrade to the 1.0 on the other hand...the proto head was miles better.

Will probably sell him once inart arrives. But will make a comparison first.

226Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:20 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Some more "promo" shots against a dark backdrop from my Scorpion figure. This one is a great figure and I still like putting it out of the box.

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Y2ywzfuh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 76S82KVh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 QnI7TC7h

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 NqI4vRGh

227Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:50 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Very cool images. The lighting and dark background make for a nice effect.

228Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:12 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, very dramatic, moody yet sufficiently revealing. Perfect balance.

229Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:26 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Excelent, the dark images really show off the detailing beautifully!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum