OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Valiardes Photography Thread

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 18]

426Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:55 am

Valiarde

Diana wrote:That Gollum/Smeagol series looks great!! What a beautiful and PERFECT diorama for him! And I enjoyed the sequence. What an awesome figure!! Smile

That Pop Costume guy also looks fantastic, but that head is AWESOME!! Was it the original head modified by you? Or is it another head entirely? It looks extremely convincing anyway. Well done!
Hi Diana, happy you enjoy it. I'm pretty happy how the creek and especially wall turned out.
The head was a 10 dollar unpainted head from aliexpress. I think the rough skin and long hair work pretty well in combination with this pop figure

GubernatorFan wrote:Stunning custom and kitbash work, and beautiful photography. Is that a modified Joker Joaquin Phoenix head?
Yes it is a Joaquin Phoenix head. Smile  When I opened the package for the pop costume guy, I knew I wanted the head. The original isn't bad and has a unique expression, but I'm just a fan of giving most figures my own touch. Not because I think they are always better, but because this is one of the creative joys of this hobby  Smile

Stryker2012 wrote:That’s an awesome looking figure. Great use of that particular head sculpt. Love it.
Thank you Smile 

Visisonor wrote:Great photos.
Too bad he cannot stand, but maybe this can be fixed.
Yeah I'm not sure, maybe I need to make a custom base where I hide the figure stand.

Tanzenwolfe wrote:Great diorama and Gollum scene work, I half expected to see the scene of the fish getting eaten and squelching, although that would be difficult to model!  I’d always like to see making-of-pictures, as & when you might get time.  And impressive pop upgrade, the head looks amazing and fits well with the whole look.
Hm, with 3D printing or Fimo it shouldn't be hard to model. Good idea actually.

Zes wrote:That is one hardened-looking knight! Nice work!
Thanks!

Theboo-bomb wrote:The crossbow guy looks awesome and quite rugged and experienced too. The shots with Golum are also really great, love that little creek.
Yes, the rugged look works good imo

BAMComix wrote:Nice figure, and great upgrade touches too. Can you not swap out his boots for more sturdier ones?
I don't want to swap the boots as they are pretty cool and historical fitting. I will try to build a figure stand that is somewhat natural looking...

skywalkersaga wrote:Holy crap that head looks incredible!!! The figure is nice but it's your headsculpt that makes it truly 'pop' (pun intended Razz ).

I'm gonna have to start commissioning YOU for custom heads! Shocked
Oh that is such a nice compliment  Embarassed I'm not sure I'm ready for commissioning pressure lol  It is easier to do some heads and sell them as YSWYG (you see what you get) instead of trying to make one like the customer wants it to be. But maybe it can be a inexpensive option instead of asia painters for SOME projects.

And your pun works  Smile

427Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:10 am

Valiarde

Ok here are some pics of the hobbits. Sam still needs a bit of fuzzing with the hair but I had not much time lately...and won't have much until june

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 NQMXZ4lh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 PszpXTih

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 HgPWdRMh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 ElOVqJQh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 I7EQJm2h

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 O1Ln1U5h

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 ArBQsJRh

I had some fun with them. Are they perfect? Of course not! But as always, I like to have my own touch on standard figures.
Once I get my new shelf end of the year I will see how the final display will look like...

428Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:01 am

BAMComix

Great looking Hobbits! I do love that part of the film where its the two hobbits against the cunning and sly Gollum.

429Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:15 pm

Visisonor

Did you re-hair them? They looks pretty great.
It's quite rare to see non-female characters with realistic hair.

430Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:40 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Another nice hairing job. I remember you wondering which colours to use for Sam, seems like it worked out well. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

431Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:44 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gollum looks suitably displeased at the arrival of the Hobbits, so I think you know they came out beautifully. Nice job customizing them and as others have pointed out, the hair looks great. As do all your new backdrops! Wow.

432Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:52 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
Great job! Your diorama fits very well for a lot of figures.

433Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Yesterday at 3:25 am

ZombieTestSubject

Amazing stuff. I'd have to keep coming back to take it all in. The dioramas are just perfect, and the characters are so creative and believable.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Beautiful shots. Those are some cool looking figures, and really love the new dioramas (neat rock formations in that last one).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 18 1f10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum